Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #35

Bath - you are oh so right about being sick! DH has a cold at the moment and he is driving me crackers! Thankfully he is on nightshift so I can sleep peacefully without him snorting or blowing his nose constantly (or listen to him complaining lol!!!).

IK - glad to hear you haven't caught the full effects yet and Oscar is fairing better. It does sound very odd with your neighbour. Maybe she knows that her daughter has left and would rather say she "ran away".

Julie - poor Will! He and Marley would look a right pair at the moment. She has bruises everywhere! She had my keys on Monday and fell on them and grazed her cheek which has now come up into a nice blue bruise, then today she was trying to climb over the rung of our bar stools and feel forward head first onto the tiles so another blue egg on her forehead! She is so accident prone, its embarassing! Great to hear you had a nice night out and I would love to see that movie, will have to see it (or get it on dvd) know after your recommendation. I think the kids are psychic, they hear the keys clicking away and know its time to wake uplol!!!

I had a great day today. Marley had her first day at swimming and she loved it! She did much better than Chelsea did when she first started. She was splashing so bad that I ended up being soaked. She did spend a lot of time trying to put her face in the water and subsequently drank lots of it! She then cracked it when it was time to get out. After that my GF and I went to lunch at one of our favourite cafes in Glen Waverley and it was so nice eating out with only one child. Had a yummy lunch, great coffee and enjoyed the sunshine as we had a table outside. Came home did some washing, Marley had a good sleep (the swim lesson really wore her out) so a good day all round.

Tomorrow looks like it will be just as nice as today.

Julie, Flynn cut his lip yesterday - silly bugger! all is well though - gosh they are uncos at this stage!

My news is my SIL (DH's sister) had her baby yesterday - a little boy called Angus Gulliver Parker (yes, Gulliver - and we are getting $hit for chosing Rex if we have a boy!) I don't know the details but he was induced 3-4 weeks early because SIL's waters broke and in the photos there are no tubes sticking out of him so all looks ok at this stage

better go - at work today

To our beautiful babies, I can't believe ten months have flown by already!
    Happy 10 months to Nathan Oscar and Marley

Sounds like Will, Marley and Flynn would look great together at the moment with all their bumps and bruises.

Sounds like you had a fab day yesterday Mel, i love days like that when everything works out as it's not that often they happen here!

Congratulations to your SIL Rory - it's Aunty Rory now. I like the name Angus, Gulliver is an 'interesting' name!

Will's not feeling great today. He has had runny nappies for a couple of days but they have definitely been bad this morning and he threw up all his breakfast at once which definately wasn't the reflux. I thought it was odd yesterday when he threw up so bad after his yoghurt (which was the 3rd time i'd given him yoghurt and he'd been fine the first 2 times) then he didn't want his tea which is unheard of as he's like a human waste disposal usually. he was really clingy this morning and just wanted cuddles which is fine but hopefully he'll feel abit better when he wake up. oscar had a dodgy nappy yesterday arvo and a full on nasty one this morning and is abit quieter than normal so i guess they have some sort of tummy bug between them. I won't take them to the story time this morning at the library as i don't want to pass it on but i am going to have to take them shopping at some point today as like mother hubbard our cupboards are totally bare!

Good morning Hi Julie, uh oh more tummy bugs Hope it passes soon for them and that you don't catch it too... or worse still: your DH! LOL Sounds like I'm not the only one to have a man on his death-bed every time he catches a sniffle... as they say "women have colds, men have the flu!" Oh and Music and Lyrics is a great movie... went to see it too... highly recommended especially if you are teenager of the 80's.

Well I have a rental inspection to prepare for tomorrow so I've got to spend all day cleaning.... just got home from Wade's French Music classes... a bit tired but better hop to it... might need to take a break when Niall has his nap but until then have a lovely day Junies.

ETA: Well I'm going to get in BIG TROUBLE girls. I've been moving furniture.... including the computer desk... which always really annoys the [email protected] out of DH... until he realises that it's better my way afterall Better get back to it... Wade is occupied outside so it's a bit easier.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; April 19th, 2007 at 01:26 PM.

Rory - congrats on becoming an aunty! I love the name Angus (was on my list) but Gulliver is a bit out there! Uncos is right lol!!! Hope Flynn doesn't end up with a fat lip!

7th - thanks for the reminder! Happy 10 mths to Nathan and Oscar. Nic is usually the one to remind me lol!!! You are so right, 10 mths has flown by.

Julie - hope the bug passes soon and leaves you alone. It must be the time for tummy bugs and I've heard so many stories recently.

Bath - "women have colds, men have the flu!" - spot on lol!!!! How often do they do the rental inspection? Happy cleaning.

Nice quiet day today. Chelsea at kinder and I chatted on the phone this morning to my GF in USA! We tried our weekly messenger chat but it wasn't working too well for some reason so she just phoned! She is due to have her second bubba in 3 weeks so she is very excited but nervous. Off to cook up Marleys food for the week so i'll pop back later.

Hope everyone is having a good day

I have just been hastily reading through here trying to catch upon everyones news. Feeling very tired at the moment, more for the fact that Tori hasnt been well (sounds like she is not the only one) she has been a total SNOT monster the last few days, plus she is cutting teeth, so like Oscar she has been a clingy baby. Not that I mind too much because she is becoming so independent that it is nice toget the occasional cuddle and love.

Bath- It sounds like your holidays went beautifully. Isnt it funny, you dont realise how much you need to get away untill you actualley get away for a few days. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering whether you ended up going ahead and hired a mothers helper?

Rory- Congrats on becoming an Aunty, it is wonderful news. I also love the name Angus, but DH wasnt impressed with it when I suggested it for Tori if she was a boy.

Mel- Glad to hear that Marley enjoyed her swimming today. We have decided not to put Tori in this term because she was getting to cold in the last few lessons last term, by the end of the lessons she had blue lips and would cry when she got out because she was so cold. We will start up again in the summer.

Julie- Glad to hear that you enjoyed your night out. I am dying to go to the movies, have been since abot Nov last year.

IK- Sorry to hear that you and Oscar are not well, sounds exactley like what is going on in our house, Tori with a snotty nose, my and DH with sore throats. I hope that you recover quickly. I cant believe that Oscar is walking, that is so exciting.

Amanda- Sounds like you have had your hands full with sick kids. I am not really suffereing to much m/s yet thank goodness.

Nic- I hope that you are having a lovely time in Sydney with your family.

Well all is going well with the pg. so far, I havent been nearly as sick yet as I was by this stage last time. Have a few waves on nausea but havent been sick yet which is a great relief, although on the down side, I spend all my time worrying that something might go wrong. Oh well only another 7 odd weeks untill the first scan (it seems like forever away).

OHHHHHHH I forgot to say good luck with the wedding on Saturday Dee Ihope that it is a beautiful and magical day for you and your DP.

Good morning

Hiya Ali: going to ask the pastor at our church if he knows of any reliable retired ladies who might want a few hours work. It's taken so long to arrange because I've been trying to find a new printer cartridge for our dinosaur of a printer... anyhow...long protracted process but it'll happen soon hopefully. I've also been wondering about whether I should ask for a Child Workers card... not sure... what do you think? (being a teacher)... I'll generally be here with her... but she will probably take the boys to the park etc. My intuition tells me that it should be ok... that I'll know if she's fine etc... but I guess I shouldn't be too trusting.

Well it's official: this house is the tidiest it has ever been! WooHoo... am just waiting for the real estate woman to arrive now... she's due before noon. We don't have inspections very often now... they know we are good tenants... but this woman is a new property manager and I think she might want to check out the house. Anyhow, it's good to have an inspection on a Friday... leaves us with an immaculate house for the weekend... even better...we are going away to stay with an old school friend and his expectant wife in Leongatha this weekend so the house will be tidy for our return. So, anyone want to come around? As FlyLady would say: we don't have CHAOS anymore (can't have anyone over syndrome) LOL.

ETA: She's been and gone! Once again very happy with us and is going to ask the owners about replacing the back fence... but I don't have my hopes up... the rent we pay is probably $100 short of what they could get for this property... we've got a good deal... but you never know! Now I can read back and do some proper replies...
    Last edited by Bathsheba; April 20th, 2007 at 12:07 PM.

hello

Bath - "Women have colds, men have the flu" - lol so so true! (bit of a bugger that i'm out numbered 3 to one in this house! Did you get in trouble from DH for moving your furniture? Glad your inspection went well and i'm jealous of the clean house! have a great weekend away.
    Ali - Hope Tori feels better soon and that you can get some more sleep.

Well the boys are still 'squit-monsters' but at least Will hasn't done anymore super-chucks. Oscar keeps telling me has a sore tummy and tried to put a plaster on it this morning - so sweet. Both have mostly been happy though so can't complain.

I had a phone call from our council arranging our citizenship interview this morning and they wanted to do it in May but at 7.00pm - 9.30pm - nightmare timing as we don't know anyone that could babysit. All my friends are mums with their own kids to look after and i'm not comfortable getting a stranger in to do it. I had a call back and they can fit us in this Monday morning at a private ceremony that they were doing with someone else which is great. Only downer is that i won't have time to take Oscar to a hairdressers before as he had a bad mullet thing happening and i'v already hacked into it once so he looks pretty shocking - he will kill me when he's grown up and see's the photos! So we'll be proper Aussies come Monday - yay!

Got a hectic weekend lined up with having to choose everything for the house we are having built and of course we have to drag the poor kids along to the shops - very boring for them. We will make sure we take them somewhere nice on Sunday, probably Kings Park as they have a great playground aimed at 1 to 5 year olds and a picnic.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Julie x

Ali - sounds like things are going well with the pregnancy which is great news. Bummer about Tori being sick, its been a bad month for illnesses! I am sure the next 7 weeks will fly by and try not to worry.

Bath - Glad to hear the inspection went well and have a lovely time away in Leongatha. How nice to come home to a nice clean house. Hopefully your landlord might come through with your new fence.

Julie - squit monsters, love the expression!!! Good that they are both feeling better and how sweet of Oscar to try and fix his tummy. How exciting for your citizenship ceremony. Where are you from originally and are you and your DH both getting citizenship? Have fun choosing things for you new house and I hope boys don't get too bored. I have heard Kings Park is beautiful, must go to Perth one day to check it out.

Had a lovely day today. Had a meet up with another BB mum and her 2 boys. She was such a nice person and Chelsea had a ball playing with her 3 yo DS and what a beautiful day to be at the park. This weather is amazing, but I wish it would rain soon. Marley has discovered she can stand up in her cot and play! I am going to lower the mattress this weekend just in case.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Just a quick one before I go to bed, we're off to Coffs Harbour until next Sunday so I'll catch up with you all later. I hope everyone has a great weekend and week next week.

hugs xoxo

Quick post as I am up at Mums for awhile. Things have gotten too much to handle at home (to the point we had to leave for mums at 6 at night!)
    BB as soon as I have any time..Love to all
    Those ppl who have my number feel free to ring

quick one from me also. Nixon had a great bday party yesterday i took heaps of pics and will upload them when i get a chance. he got so many presents no idea where they are all going. (not taking any back to melb, pointless)

Happy wedding day for yesterday Donna! the weather was AWESOME yesterday perfect for a wedding, cant wait to c pics!
    Jess- hope everything is ok
    hope everyone else is well.

Happy wedding for yesterday, Dee!
    Glad Nixon's birthday went well, Nickers, makes sense about hte pressies, too.
    Jess - hope things start looking up soon for you, please log in again and let us know how you're getting on.
    I'm in a bit of shock right now and I feel a bit sick. The police are at my neighbours and there have been two female bodies found in the national park and I feel very, very ill and I"m shaking and I keep making stupid typing mistakes and I don't know what to do - shoudl I go over? Should I wait? What do I say? I'm so upset and I never got to say boo to the girl because she wouldn't talk, she'd run away if she noticed anyone outside when she was playing with the dogs in the back. I want to go over, but I just don't know. God, I feel sick.
    Anyway, before i bring anyone else down, I'll get off now. Just to let you know the outcome of what I was worried about earlier in the week.
    Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Oh IK, that is awful - lets hope for the best!!!

IK - I thought of that girl you mentioned as soon as I heard the news tonight and was telling DH about it. Was it your neighbours daughter? What an absolutely horrible thing for her parents and the other girls parents to go through. I hope you are OK, I can totally understand your feelings. Maybe dropping off a condolence card would be a nice gesture? Not really sure what to do or say in these circumstances.

Nic - can't wait to see the photos of Nixons party. Lucky boy getting spoiled for his birthday, but they all do at their first birthday, its a very exciting time.

I had a pretty quiet one today, been so busy during the week, I was looking forward to not doing much!

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend.

Thanks Mel, I was over at the other neighbour's for a few hours till just now and we're going to get flowers, a card and have some other neighbours sign the card, too. The mother came over to confirm the news and she's in 'police mode' mostly (she's a cop). I was going to post earlier and say how I can't possibly judge how she's dealing with her missing daughter, and I wish I had because now I feel like I'm backpedallling in light of the news. She's coping the way she knows how - her dogs, mainly. Whatever keeps you going. Anyway, I know more but I"m not going to post it. Just to say, however, that when your kids start using the computer and internet you NEED to know more about the technology than they do, or at least nearly as much. Kids CANNOT have unmonitored access to the internet - they have unmoderated conversations and feed each other unedited ideas that are unchecked by a broader social framework that says "actually, that's probably not normal, I need a reality check".
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; April 23rd, 2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo

Happy 10 months to the babies.

IK... regarding your news,Go with how you feel!
    Last edited by Jesswith6; April 22nd, 2007 at 11:18 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast