Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

Jaspen you are so lucky, I just put Tori down for another short nap and when I woke her up she screamed blue murder for 30 mins. She is now relaxing on her couch, watching Hi-5. We are going to have to set a proper bed time and get a bed time routine going because at the moment she can be up till 9:30 some nights at it is tiring- I love her to bits, but I would like to have a couple of hours in the evening with DH to catch up and unwind.

Patrick seems to have those sort of power naps as well, but he's pretty good bout 8.30-9pm he usually goes to bed, its Bella I have trouble with, I usually can't get her to sleep before 10pm latest has been 2am!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayyy congratulations Rory off to see the announcement now! Oh wow i think i predicted Rory would have bub the 29th, i was close hehe!

Thanks for that info Jess.

been tot he paed today and he thinks he looks quiet fine today, which is always the way, different days he looks better than others. but he wasnt concerned but going back in 2 weeks. he did talk to me about the breast fed jaundice and can last up to around 2months old.
    finally got a script for Zantac for reflux so will get that tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.
    also he beleives Tyron's nose is full of mucos. because when he cried he snorts. he has always done so but he rekons if he's blocked up with mucos obviously he cannot breath and suck at the same time. so another avenue to try and fix up i suppose, gosh there is so many contributing factors. but anyway i did bf him tonight and he seemedto go quiet well.... but i was extremley full because i hadnt expressed or fed him from me all day.

ayway im meant to be searching for our xmas deco's which i have no idea where they are so better keep looking!

Ali- kai is that way too if she has had her nap then thats she want have another one even if it was a 5 min car nap it makes it so hard, but for awhile there she wasnt falling asleep in the car! and as we are driving down to melb soon all I thought was this is going to be a great trip, But touch wood she seems to be sleeping again in the car even though last time DH was home she cried the whole time he was in the car but I think thats because she can see me better so I hope she gets over that too. Or we might not want to take her back with us LOL

I am a bit of "bed nazi" with my girls! Chelsea goes to bed during the week at 7.30 but sometimes she reads to herself in bed. She just goes off with no complaints. Marley is in bed by 7pm at the latest and she still has 2 days sleeps of around 2 hours (she loves her snoozes!). I am more conscious of it now that I am back at work as I have to wake both of them up early and I want them to have enough sleep. Marley hates being woken up in the morning. I have been very blessed to have 2 kids who have been pretty good sleepers from the start, I don't know if its because I had a good routine with them or they just both love to sleep LOL!

Ali - a proper bed routine is a great idea, esp with a new baby. I just love my nights when both kids are in bed, its my "me" time and I'm sure you could use some of that. Marley loves the start of High 5, the music gets her groovin!

Jess - 2am, that would drive me crazy! How do you do it?

Nic - glad to hear the news was good. What can they do for the blocked nose? I wouldn't have even thought of that. Hope the Zantac does the trick. Good luck finding the xmas dec's, I have to get mine out on Friday.

Its hard Mel but usually just laying her down and singing to her eventually sends her to sleep, thank god because there are only so many lullabies or christmas carols that i can remember!

Well, its 5.35am here and everyone is asleep. Last night I asked Dh to let her have 10 minutes of shut eye so I could get up and put the drying on so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning, he said ok...and then promptly fell asleep next to me in bed,so I had to get up early to dry the kids clothes for school and kinder.
    Off to Euroa today for me, my aunts need to go to Radio Rentals and have asked me to go along with them,I'm their hired muscle!lol
    better go and finish my housework before everyone gets up!

Nixon is another who loves his sleep, sometimes though i have to wake him from his arvo sleep and he hates being woken up too. I dont let him sleep past 5pm but his bed time is usually 8-8.30pm
    I want to start getting this earlier seeings Tyron is usually up earlier in the morning anyway and then at night im not going straight to bed myself once they are both in bed!
    i have so much i want to to but just too nakkered to do anything at night.

anyone heard how Rory is doing? if bub has a name, what size he was etc? cant wait to see some pics!
    Ali- congratulations FT today!!

Congratulations Rory on your new baby boy . I bet Flynn will be a fantastic big brother.

Both my kids are reasonably good day sleepers - its the night-times where we have problems. Ali,when Alex goes down for his nap he will have between 1-3 hours. Up until last week we were having 2 naps of an hour each, but I have been trying to stretch it out now till lunchtime and I notice he is now having closer to 3 hours. May have something to do with all the late nights we have been having lately. Gaby still 4 out of 7 days has a day nap, she loves her snoozes and her naps can go for up to 2 hours. I know this is very unusual in a child her age, most of her playmates stopped napping by 2. She is in bed around 7.30-8 each night as is Alex.

Jaspen CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy, hope you have a happy and healthy one. The kids do look so grown up dont they?

Nickers hope you manage to sort out all of Tyron's "issues" and that the mucous and jaundice clear up soon.

I wish May would still have a nap she drives me up the wall she doesnt stop asking queations or talking today she had a hissy fit because she wanted to wear her school clothes for next year in the end I gave in and got down her school dress then she stod there with hands on hips and told me she doesnt want to where a dress she wants the same as what Zay has so I just walked off told her the dress or nothing I could here her talking to herself for about 1/2 an hour say " I dont want to wear dress's I hate dress's " then she came down to me with her tee and shorts on and told me " HA HA I got it down hehehehe " gee I am going to have fun with her..

Just incase you havent seen them Rory is home and has posted one gorgest photo of baby "franklin"

My god, nearly 2 days without a post!! Is that a record?

I checked Rory's birth announcement and the new bub is named Oliver, such a gorgeous name for a gorgeous baby, the pic is beautiful. Looking forward to hearing her birth story, such a quick labour and totally natural - way to go Rory!!!!

Jess- PML!!!! Are you learning any new songs LOL!!???

Nic - you'll get your time back soon and in a few months you'll be back doing the things you love doing like your scrapbooking etc.

Tali - you have a fiesty one on your hands! Girls can be so stubborn.

I have just come back from Kmart (we have one near me that is open 24 hours!) as they had a sale on toys, buy one get the second 50% off. Too good a bargain to pass up and it finishes today. I got up there and it was so busy. I think the warm night meant people would rather be in an airconditioned shop than at home. Got the last of my christmas shopping done so I am happy.

The girls have been swimming the past 2 days as its been so hot. Marley is just loving it. We bought an inflatable boat that she just kicks back in, arm out the side looking very chilled out while either DH or I hang onto it. Chelsea had a party today, Pancake Parlour for mtea, then 10 pin bowling. What a great party idea, the kids loved it. She was so tired as its been a very busy weekend.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Us Melb girls are just waiting on that cool change and after being outside it doesn't feel like its coming!

I know lots of carols Mel, but on that particular night I couldn't think of any more!

We have an inspection on Wednesday, so have been madly shampooing the carpets, washing the walls down and generally cleaning up. I mean it isn't a messy house, but I like to wash the carpets before they come in.

Dad's taking me out today, Cod opening season started on Saturday and it's a tradition between Dad and I , that he either takes me out fishing on my birthday or he catches me a Cod.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS - hope you catch lots of cod with your dad. What a lovely tradition.

Don't spend your birthday cleaning!

Well I thought it was too good to be true, there is thunder outside so I'm NOT going fishing!Well, I 'm just have to spend the day doing the rest of the house! Thanks for the birthday wishes Mel!

Happy birthday Jess! Hope you have a fantastic day
    I think its Rory's DH bday today too?! Anyway happy birthday what a great present you got! Welcome officially to the world Oliver

I did a tupperware party at my place sat and sunday just cause it was a big week tupperware wise. anyway on Sat was jus my siser with her 2 DD and friend with her 8m DD.
    DH was home but at one stage Nixon and Neice 1 (3yrs old) wernt upsatirs. called out didnt hear them, called outo DH didnt get a respose. anyway i said they must be downstairs with DH cause neice always wants to c the dogs.
    about 10min later neice comes upstairs and says "Nixon ran away" WTF??? I bolted downstairs having no idea what was going on, called ut to DH he came from the computer and had no idea what was going on, i ran outside, No Nixon, heart stops beating then i c him next door on their driveway giggling away.
    the boys next door told me he ran on the road and they took him off.... The neighbour was just standing at her front door watching Nixon, watching me, giving me the most filthiest (your a terribel mother) looks. I just sad Thanks, scooped him up and went inside.

it wasnt until after we figured out what must have happened. Neice opened the "child proof" gate to go downstairs, Nixon followed. Neice then opened the front screen door which was shut but unlocked.
    The pair of them must have been out the front for 10mins..... because DH went downstairs by himself and had NO IDEA they came down, where as we thought he took them down.
    talk about crap your dacks. it could have been a disaster, but the fact my neighbour just starred and said nothing..... i would have much prefered her to have come knocking on my door and said excuse me you child is out the front, and felt embarrased but known he was safe. did she just watch to c how long it would take for us to realise he was gone?? Its not like im chasing my kid up the street every other day, this had never happened before.

anyway all is well thank god, i think its time to start talking road rules with Nixon.

Oh Nic I can totally understand your horror! This has happened to us several times too with Niall. Wade and Verity leave the side gate open while they are playing outside, I think Niall is happy playing inside so I duck into the bathroom/laundry etc next thing i know he is gone. out the back door (which the kids are forever leaving open too)... and I fly out the front to see him standing on the footpath, centimeters away from the road because the front gate has been left open too Nearly every second day i fly out the front because I can't find him. The joy of juggling kids. Verity should know better that's why i get furious with her. No use worrying about it though... all you can do is live hour by hour. I swear some days when I feel like I have achieved nothing I feel grateful because at least I have kept the kids ALIVE!

Speaking of which our drama today was spent at the doctors surgery because Niall may have punctured his ear drum. It was because I went to the bathroom and put Niall in his port-a-cot. While I was there I heard a scream and came out to find Niall tugging at his right ear and crying. He was still crying 15 minutes later so i caught a cab to the doctors. They saw us immediately. Doctor said there was lots of blood in there but it couldn't be seen from outside. had to irrigate it which made Niall scream til he was purple. Doctor said that half of his ear drum is covered in a clot. We need to go back tomorrow (or to emergency tonight if the pain returns) because the bleeding needs to settle down before they will know what's going in. The only toy in the port-a-cot that could have done this was the arm of a Mr Potato Head type toy. It has a prong skinny enough to reach in there. But I honestly don't really know how he did it. Wade keeps throwing toys in there... it's driving me nuts. They both constantly throw stuff. I found one of my shoes up a tree the other day!!! I've been ringing around places like Dial-an-angel because I just can't keep up with them. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen today. It's days like this I feel they might be safer in day care despite the germs. That might have to be an option if I can't find a MA.

Anyhow enough moaning and groaning. if Niall sleeps this afternoon I'm going to work on Rory's new avvy update! Congrats on choosing a lovely name for your new lil' man again matey!

Happy Birthday Jess!
    Last edited by Bathsheba; December 3rd, 2007 at 12:47 PM.

Happy birthday Jess!!

Hey Nickers, DH's b'day is Wednesday -you have such a great memory

That is so scary about Nixon - we have a screen door at the front which doesn't auto-close and Flynn is constantly trying to escape! Worst thing is that just outside out front door is the bottom of our driveway and we reverse our car into our carspace. Needless to say a car-reversing camera is what Mum is getting DH and I for Christmas!!

Nic and Bath - both very scary incidents.Big hugs to you both!!!!

Bath - hope Niall is feeling better soon

Jess - Happy Birthday

Rory - welcome home and you have one well two actually,very gorgeous boys now.

can't be here long - just dashed in to say Hi to everyone.

BBL

Jaspen - congrats on the pg! I know I'm coming in a bit late, I've been on the computer in fits and starts, and then not at all for about 24 hours or more!
    How was yesterday in Melb, huh? It was an awesome day and evening! I woke up this morning to tempestuous skies and humidity...I LOVE it! We went visiting down at Mornington Peninsula, stayed overnight, went to drop in on a friend I haven't eyeballed in about 4 years and got back to find many roads in the area covered in gravel and crap from the absolute bucketing that happened just before we returned. Luckily, our driveway is traversable.
    Nic - I returned to about 600 boxes on my tiny front porch. Well, not 600 - but I'm tipping I broke my previous record...not hard, though! How did you go? How awful about Nix - I know how it feels, Oscar disappeared from our house (dodgy front door that DP hadn't closed properly) and he had proceeded down our dirt road to cross over to the other side of the road many people like to use as a speedway! It's not like it's a very quiet road, so at least one driver would have seen an infant making his own way down the street...grrrr...DP is much more careful with the door now, and is fixing the screen door so that it's closable!
    I've got loads of Tupperware packing to do, so better do that and get it over and done with...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast