Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

Birth story posted

Aurora- just had a read of your birth story just beautiful what a wonderful writer you are.

Nic - how scary always makes your heart jump shame your neighbour had to acted like that doesnt she realise what its like to have two small children. I used to have a friend who lived about 6 doors up from me and when her and my DS where about 2 I had him knock on my door and say he wanted to play, so I let him in waited like a minute and when realised that my friend wasnt comming called her straight away poor thing hadn't realised he was missing yet, lucky for them we lived on a quite road.

Bath- hope the ear is better wouldn't fancy a late night hospital trip. you do wonder how they do these things to themselves.

Well we went to kindy gym today for there christmas break up it was ment to be a screct santa where I was ment to bring in to girl gifts but May didnt want to give hers up as she wanted the gift we had picked out so in the end we just wrote her name on it and she was happy.

its been so hot and humid here atm i wish we could get those melbourne cool changes it would be bliss.

Well DH is back on wednesday and he wants to drive down to townsville to pick up some solar panels he wanted to do it in one day but I told him that we should stay the night as I dont fancy a 8her drive there and back...
    Last edited by New Dawn; December 3rd, 2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling spelling spelling!!!!

Rory - yes, great story! It reads like another postcard from 'the zone' LOL! I can't even remember if I ever posted my birth story...how bad is that? Glad you got the birth you wanted and worked for

Rory - what an amazing story, I am so very happy you got the birth you really wanted (and a quick one too!), you and DH must be so chuffed with your little man, he's so cute. How has Flynn taken to the new addition?

Jess - bummer you missed out on your fishing trip.

Nic - how scary for you. What is wrong with people these days, like you said, your neighbour could have bought him back over. You need eyes in the back of your head sometimes. Glad he is safe.

Bath - poor Niall! Hope he gets through tonight without any pain. Good luck at the drs tomorrow, make sure you keep us posted as to how he is doing. How freaky that you had a feeling something was going to happen. Today is nearly over.

Maya - have fun unpacking your 600 boxes! Did you get the downpour today? I have never seen so much rain. Did you get your results on Friday?

Hi to everyone else, hope you guys are all well.

The rain today was amazing. I was driving home from a friends house and I got stuck in it! It was a bit scary, it was just coming so fast. I had wipers on full speed and doing about 40-50ks and still had trouble seeing in front of me. I went through some monster puddles that sprayed water right up to the windows. My local area was hit pretty hard with flooding etc and the supermarket and Kmart had to close. Will do wonders for the garden.

DH and I have been playing Yahtzee together in the arcade... off to bed now... looking forward to reading your birth story after playgroup and doctors tomorrow (Niall has been fine, occassional tug at ear, went to sleep easily at about 8.30pm). Oh the rain Mel!!! I had the bureau of meteorology site on and looked at all the dark red areas (really heavy rain) I hope the catchments got a lot of it! it was right on your door step maya! But geeze, we had a curtain of water overspilling our gutters at the back and a mini waterfall down the back step. Stopped just in time for Verity's walk home from school luckily. I called ParentLine today too because everything was getting on top of me and I've been looking for a MA for so long now and they had some ideas which i'll pursue. Has anyone used the online Find A BabySitter site? A few other BB members have and seem to like it but it costs nearly $50 to register and that only gives you access to their database for 3 months! Tali: it's been very humid down here too so there wouldn't be much of an escape! they say it's going to be a very humid summer (which will help keep bush fires at bay perhaps) but ugh hate feeling sticky! Also hate how everything goes moldy Had to throw out an unopened packet of crumpets today oh well good practice for Singapore if we ever get there. Nighty nite to all!

Oooh, I LOVE humid, Bath! My hair doesn't, though...LOL! Yep, today, in one burst of rain, we got 36mm (MIL measured it) and we lost so much of our road that it's back to bare rock - large river-type rocks that our cars must negotiate as well as the corrugation! There is debris all over our roads. Poor council men were looking for the cause of a blockage on the main street of Belgrave and I told them that police divers are trained to do what they were trying to do! It's been a beautiful thing - all the roads were steaming, as well as the long grass.
    Mel - got my results and I got a pass...far better than what I could have got instead! Are you able to tell what mark I got for my exam, on the system? I think, from memory, that maybe only the course co-ordinators have that info, but I may be wrong. Whatever I got in my exam got me over the edge, phew!
    Tonight at the Tupp meeting I scored in the raffle, for the first time! I took the 3.75 litre jug and I am so pleased! No more vintage jug that doesn't close properly
    Anyway, back to my things here and my 5 or 6 boxes (I embellished just a little before!) of orders...or I may leave them till tomorrow...

Thanks guys, not that its good but it is reassuring to know other children have done similar to my neice and Nixon. You know u always hear of tradgidys on the news of children being hit by a car or wondering off but never think it will be one o yours, but now i understand just how quickly these things can happen.

Rory- your birth story is amazing i loved reading it! Im glad you got the birthyou wanted and look forward to seeing some more pics of Oliver!

Unfortunatley i made the big decision a few days ago to stop bf. The straw that broke the camels back was a feed a few days ago, i was trying desperatly for Tyron to want my boob, he screamed sooooo much and got so upset, i then got upset seeing him so upset and ust thought to myself what am i doing. I have been fighting like this with him for 7weeks now. Anyway I am still expressing but not as much (only twice a day) so he is still have all breast milk at this stage, and i think i should have enough to get him to 3months, thats my goal anyway. anything more is a bonus.
    I've even given Nixon some EBM which i feel really good about being able to! He started coming down with a cold and i really think its helped him not get worse, he still has a runny nose but quiet alright in himself. Maya thank you so much for all your support, i really do appreciate it, it all helped me get as far as i did with it.
    Bath- Poor Niall i wonder if the Mr potato heads arm went into his eat ouch? My dh stuck cotton balls in his ears when he was about 3, dressed in his superman outfit and thought he could fly, jumped off the stairs, fell and pushed one of the buds into his ear drum, he already was born with 20% loss and then lost a further 20-30% in the same ear. I hope Niall will be ok and doesn't have anything serious.

Wow I you guys did have a lot of rain watched it on the news looked like you had a bit of tropic weather down there atm. We have all been told that this is looking like its going to be a big year for cyclones aswell, they are perdicting about 7 will hit the east coast so I guess we will have to wait and see what happens, they do seem to say this each yr though, but the weather does seem to be all over the place atm.

Nic- Happy that you have come to a decion that you are comfortable with, like I have said before you have to do what you think is best for all the family. I do know how hard it is to be wanting and trying to have baby on the breast when they just dont want to be there it is just heart breaking I too shed alot of tears over this.

Jess- I am soooooo sorry I was meaning to say Happy birthday yesterday but it was on the other page and forgot to write it, I knew I had forgotten something and that was it so a big

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

from me to you.

Argh, me too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS!!!!
    Nic - great work, chicky No beating yourself up over it, there's no point - onwards and upwards! Remember there's a forum on the ABA site for mothers who have had to switch to the bottle, if you want to share with similar people. And then there's us (I sound like a broken record!).
    Gotta save the house from Oscar, whilst cleaning it at the same time...mission impossible...

LOL Maya... our house has already been totally 'captured' by the boys in the short time we've been home. Very low motivation to even try and regain the lost territory today.... even waving a white flag doesn't help... but offers of food does sometimes wins over the attackers for a brief time! Welcome to the war zone!!!

My biggest problem is the adult kid who wouldn't deign to pick up anything he left around the house, let alone what Oscar drags around and leaves wherever! Oscar doesn't necessarily make things messy, he just gets up to hijinks whilst I am tidying up, so nothing gets done properly Then DP has the gall to tell me I'm not managing my time properly! I left him here last night with Oscar and do you think anything got picked up in my absence? My plan is to disconnect his computer and hide the power cord where he'll have to tidy up to find it...

Yep... been there done that with hiding computer parts LOL with us it just resulted in a big fight and nothing changed. The only thing that helps the big kids to understand is when they finally link home harmony/mood to tidiness. Eventually my DH decided that a bit of effort was worth it if it meant my mood was good. Also, once Oscar actually starts to break a few of your Dp's precious items then he might have a change of mind. My Dh knows that his things stay intact at my mercy. If I get p!ssed of with him and his stuff lying around I just let the toddler have free reign. Everything of mine's that precious is already broken or put away or hanging on a wall well out of reach. I'm resigned to not having anything nice out for the next 5 years. Also Verity does just as much damage herself somedays.... so really after they have all left home might be a more realistic timeframe. Maybe this is why my dream is to pack everything up and live out of motels for the next 2 years.... everything would be safe then!

*sigh* it wasn't so bad a month ago when he'd come home and work on the stumps under the house. Now he's not even doing that and I still do everything when he gets home...
    Oscar is asleep, so I'd better pack my Tupperware!

Thanks girls, at least I can count on you for my birthday wishes. DH made me "subway" for dinner last night ( Chicken fillets in a roll like subway!) and then we had a pavlova for dessert. Went fishing with Dad this morning, unfortunately the fish weren't biting.
    Tali- I got the best surprise yesterday when I checked my letterbox, in there was a Chrissy card from you, thankyou hunny!

jess - happy birthday for yesterday

Bath - ouchy for Niall's ear - hope it's not to painful today

Maya - i dont thinks its in any male genes to pick up after themselves - ho hum to be in a house of 3 males!

Tali - bugger - meant to pm yu my address as i'd love to see your chrissy card that you made - will do now!

Rory - fantastic birth story - how amazing!

Nic - i'm so glad you've gone with what you thought - it certainly sound for the best - and yay to having enough ebm for Tyron unitl he is 3 months! i only managed to express for Osc until 6 weeks!

Hi to mel, Jaspen, Ali, Gabysmum and everyone else

All good here. Oscar had his birthday on Friday and loved his pressies. We got him one of those garages where the cars whizz downs and rounds and round and both the boys are so addicted to it - it keeps them quiet for hours - bliss! i made Cailin's recipe banana muffins and took them to playgroup and stuck a candle on top so he got sung to. We had a little party on Sunday for 10 kids and as the theme for his invites and card was tractors - i made him a tractor cake! - will put it in the gallery in a few minutes as i was proud of it myself! did some little boxes instead of lolly bags which ill also put in the gallery too - i love spotlight for their supplies!

oscar chipped his other tooth at swimming on saturday - ahhhh will it ever end?? enough said about that. Went to the dentist on monday morning as a follow up for Will's tooth accident a few weeks back and his front one has mainly moved back into its correct position so that was good news. he looked at oscar while we were there and said he thought it was ok.

House is allegedly finished on Friday! watch this space though as i should find out tomorrow from the foreman - painter going in on Monday whatever happens though! ive booked the removal van for 17th dec so it finally feels real - better get packing then!

hope you are all having a great day

Julie x
    Last edited by PlonkeeMumma; December 4th, 2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling

put 3 new pickies up - cake one is in cake section (well der!) and a lolly bag one and one of Will - haven't got any nice ones of Oscar as he hates the camera at the mo - will have a search though - there must be ONE decent one of him around his birthday!

Julie x

wow Julie when you said you made a tractor cake I thought it would just be a picture but no you have out done yourself it look soooooo good wow wow wow is all I can say!!!!!

nice idea's about the lollie "bags" too so much better than the normal bags plus they have a little storage box and the end too.

Well not sure why your poor boys keep having accidents I hope it will all end soon you poor thing, your nerves must be very raw atm I think you need a big from everyone.

Jess- shame you didnt get any fish but at least the weather cleared up enough for you to go.
    Glad you got my card I really do enjoy making them just hard to come up with new ideas for different cards.

bath and Maya- if you ever came over to my house you would see a true War zone here unfortunely for DH I wasn't born with the cleaning bug like he was, but after 10 yrs of going away he has learnd a few thing.
    1. if he thinks he's going to "get " any that night then dont complain about the state of the house lol
    2. if he doesnt like it he will re-clean it himself
    3. after been home a few days he realises what a loseing battle it really is with 3 kids running around.

So now we never really fight about cleaning yippy and we much happier for it lol

but seriously it's next to impossable to keep my house clean it always looks mess I really do try to keep it clean but it never does, one of my GF always know when DH has been home as its always just that little bit cleaner than I could ever get it. Dont know how he does it but atleast one of us can make it clean for all of a second until the 3 of them wake for the next stange of distruction.

So I'm telling you all now when I move down to melbourne if you ever just want to pop in please do but please excuse all the MESS...

Almost forgot when I got up this morning Kai had drawn all over our cream couch with red pen its that micro fiber stuff I have tried to get it of using baby wipes as that normally works but so far it has just faded the red a little bit do any of you have any ideas? I need HELP !!!!

Tali: try Aeroguard if you think you could handle the lingering smell! It shifts the strangest things and once i got it to shift biro ink off a white leather lounge perfectly when everything else failed. You could also try a tiny bit of citrus turps (not mineral turps) just test a small area with a cotton bud and see how it goes.... it's also a very powerful solvent so use sparingly if you decide to give it a go...Goodluck! I soooo feel your pain... as you can see from my frequent posts on "destruction" I am very demoralised by it all.

Hiya Julie Oooh how exciting about the new house! Checking out your piccys now!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast