Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

Julie great picks of Oscars cake, arent you a clever cookie- I cant wait to make more interesting birthday cakes as the kids get older.

Housework- Not something I like to do and i feel like it is a loosing battle in this house as I have said before I have white tiles through 3/4 of my house and I just get them mopped and they look filthy again.......grrrrr

Rory- I read your birth story, what beautiful memories you are going to have of Oliver's arrival (I love the name to btw).

I had a Hossy appointment yesterday and the ob told me I am having a boringly normal pregnancy which is great, everything is set to go, baby is engaged, BP fine, weight stable, no protein etc I dont have to go back for a fortnight because she said she was sure I had better things to do with my time than sit in the clinic to be told what I already know.

I am cross at my MIL again, as you might remember we had to pay to get the hot water system replaced, and she told us not to pay rent untill it was paid off. Last night she was talking to DH (on the net) and she said, you better start payin rent again soon otherwise the bank might forclose on the morgate. I was like WTF? she made it sound like we were not paying rent because we didnt want to/ couldnt not because we were helping her out by paying off her bill...........grrrrrrrrrrrr. It is her bloody morgagte not ours, and if she cant afford to own investment properties then she shouldnt, not make us feel guilty for something that ISNT OUR PROBLEM............ ok vent over, so glad she lives o/s!

Oh NO Ali! I remember your sitch clearly and have been wondering how that arrangement was going. How many rent payments did/do you have to skip so that you can pay for that water heater (which I don't think you should have to pay for either!) That is why people RENT so they can be content in the knowledge that if anything goes wrong they won't have to foot the bill. And like I said before SHE can probably claim the expense, given that it's an investment property, on tax but YOU can't! Hmmm, anyhow let us know how you get along. ETA: great to hear that your pregnancy is going "boringly" well
    Last edited by Bathsheba; December 4th, 2007 at 04:52 PM.

Ali! Ditto what Bath said.

By the time we have paid back to debt to ourselves we would have missed 7 rent payments (we pay fornightly) so for 3 months I dont think there has been any money going onto the morgagte. I wouldnt be so annoyed if her Partner hadnt flown to Australia once if not twice in that time. What i dont think she understands is that it has been quite a pain in our bum to do it, we have had to do some major work on the car etc, and we should have had the money in the bank to pay for it, but instead had to use the credit card! Anyway enough complaining, I love my DH too much to let it cause too much drama.

Thanks Bath I will give it a go but I dont have any here as we use rid do you think that will work? same stuff just different name I guess.

mind you this did remind me of the movie " My big Fat Greek Wedding " where her father used windex on everythink lol maybe I will have to give that a go to.

Ali- grrrrr the mil how fustrating I hate when they try to make out their the ones doing you the faver(sp?)

sorry everyone if you havent guess by now I am hopeless when it comes to spelling, Its really hard for me to write on this forum but I am been a big girl and tring to branch out of my comfort words so sorry if you are having heaps of truble trying to guess what I'm saying. Sadly even DS who is 7 has worked out his mum cant spell and now knows that he need to ask dad.

Tali- I wouldnt worry about the spelling to much at least you having a go. I am not the best speller in the world and I am a teacher, I always have a dictionary on hand in my classroom and never pretend to the kids that I know how to spell every word, it is good for them to see adults using dictionaries.

Thanks Ali its not something I normally tell my friends but then I am not writing to them each day lol

At school they thought I may have been dislexic but I past those test, in the end the doctor came up with that I was ment to be a left handed child but for some reason I swaped hands and therefore have confuesd my brain as to which I should be iykwim as left and right sides do different things, the only good thing is I can put my make-up on the right side of my face with the right hand and the left side with the left strange I know lol

Tali - don't worry about it, I'm glad you can still communicate with us!!

I do like to spell how it sounds so alot of words in the english languge look very wrong to me so even if I have them right it can take me a few time with the delete button before I am well still unhappy with the word, but keep it there anyway, while others I will just never get so I just give up and hope you all can do your best in understanding it.

Wow, you girls have been chattey today!

Bath - so glad to hear Niall is doing OK, you must be relieved. Sorry to hear things have been getting on top of you, I wish there was something I could do to help you out, if there is, just let me know. Pity we don't live closer. Some days I just let the kids mess the house (I am a bit anal about having a clean house, thanks to my crazy mother!) and leave it until they go to bed. Picking things up once is better than 10 times!!!! My GF has a permanent babysitter, she is the sister of their next door neighbour, 50ish, no kids and such a lovely lady. My GF's kids just love her and she comes every Thursday (my GF has 3 kids 6, 4, 2) to give my GF a break. Not sure how much she pays, but that might be a good idea to give you a bit of "you" time. The rain was unbelievable. BTW, crumpet tip - keep them in the fridge they last alot longer.

Maya - excellent news that you passed, well done! Usually the exam mark on its own is not on the database, only your unit results which can be from essays, exams etc. I am sure Susan could tell you? Good score on the raffle.

Nic - well done on making the decision. At least you know what you are doing know and you can get on with just enjoying your family.

Julie - cake is amazing (and Will is so cute in his builder hat). You are very clever. I am sure they all had a great time, and cool lollie bags too! Donna Hay magazine (Kids edition) has some great party ideas etc for boys and girls. I am a Spotlight fan too LOL!!! Glad to hear both boys teeth are OK, you might have to get used to this worry! Oh getting closer to moving, not long now.

Tali - a clean house is not the be all and end all (this coming from a neat freak LOL!), so long as everyone is happy. I know my house won't fall apart if its not cleaned, so I am getting better. Don't worry about the spelling, we know what you mean and I am glad you are starting to worry less about it.

Ali - you must love having such a "boring" pregnancy LOL! Thats great though, nothing to worry about. I can understand your frustration about MIL, like Bath said, if she had an actual tenant in the house she would have to pay and it would be tax deductible. I think its very sweet what you said about your DH and not wanting to make it a drama. Many women wouldn't do that, so your DH should be very proud of you.

Had a crazy busy day at work today. Got in at 8.15 this morning to get a jump on things. Also have to work tomorrow, then have a meeting in the city that finishes at 5.15pm - right on peak hour! Thats going to be a fun drive home - NOT! Thankfully DH is on holidays so he can spend time being Mr Mum this week. He is not a very good housekeeper but he gives it a go. He made dinner tonight which was very sweet of him but it was awful! I didn't eat too much, he bought frozen vegies (I hate frozen vegies) and they were really undercooked and he did pork schnitzel which he cooked the hell out of. I don't want to make him feel bad, so didn't really say much, just said I wasn't that hungry. He said he will cook tomorrow night too - wonder what he will do? I might suggest spag bol, a safer option.

Better go get my stuff ready for tomorrow.

oh dear i had this huge post that obviously didn't save hwen i pressed submit so will have to come back and do it again if i get the chance but not sure when that will be since i have the third house inspection in the space of two months to get ready for.

belated happy birthday jess

gotta go

Hi all!! Ah, gotta love BF babies who just lie on your lap and let you type LOL!! Flynn is asleep so better type while the iron is hot, so to speak

Thanks all for the congratulations on Oliver's birth! For those who have had more than one did you have the same calm rather than elated feeling that I did? I though maybe I was a bit odd at first but decided to go with it.

Jaspen - I HATE losing posts - if I do a long one I always save in word as I go. AND CONGRATS ON THE PREGNANCY!!!!

Mel - work seems so far away for me ATM, but I am already starting to look forward to going back. How wierd is that! I guess once the pg hormones are gone you feel a bit more normal.

Tali - don't worry bout the spelling I am like that with numbers, seriously. I often have to dial numbers over to get them right and swear I am dislexic with numbers like some people are with words.

Ali - ditto on congrats on things being boring - just what you want And that so sucks about the HWS!!

Julie - your tooth stories make me shudder about having 2 boys!!! I can just imagine how they can egg eachother on, too. I have all these visions of Flynn convincing Ollie to do dangerous/naughty stuff LOL!

Bath - hugs to you on feeling so down the other day I actually acted for the woman who started Find a Babysitter when it first started - she is lovely! Her site is top notch and she really takes it seriously. She is a mum with 2 kids and started it cause she had probs finding reliable sitters. I think you would find someone suitable - most of em are uni students doing teaching or childcare.

Maya - congrats on passing!!!

Jess - your DH is a hun to make you dinner

Well life with 2 is pretty good so far. I am actually starting to believe that lightning can strike twice, as Oliver is extremely placid. I know he is only a week old but so far he pretty well eats and sleeps, isn't a spewy baby and burps really well so fingers crossed he isn't colicky. Flynn is doing well - he alternates between ignoring Oliver and patting him gently then whacking him with excitement, and even touches Ollie's forehead with his own - his sign for "I like you". I completely know it is going to be up and down from here on it, though, but it seems the close gap is working well.

Olilver is feeding 2-4 hourly and at night is doing 11pm, 3pm, and 6-7am feeds, so I am getting a bit of Seaon One of "ER" watched in the wee hours. A friend is coming over today who promised to lend me the complete box set of "Sex and the City" so that should be great.

And this morning I am off to get photos taken of the boys at our local chemist - for $5 they do posed dress-up photos - last year I had Flynn in a basket dressed as an elf. It was a complete crack up LOL!!

ahh lots of good rain here!
    jaspen- bugger u lost ur post. how are you feeling? have u had a doc appoint or aything as yet? i know itsearly on but do you think when thetime comes u will find out the sex?
    Julie- TBH i havent noticed the spellin from you, i know how many mistakes i make and i quiet often think did that even make sence lol! Ive already told DH when the kids are at school he is the homework parent, i cannot remember much that i learnt in regards to maths etc and i was and still am HOPELESS at Geography. My dad is L handed but plays sports etc with his R hand, i'd love to be able to do both!
    Rory- sound liks things are going extremley well atm thats great to hear!Nixon does the same thing to Ty and kisses his little head or gently touches his head against Ty's. However trying to keep them seerated atm as Nixon has a viral infection. Green boogies it was lke a tap and now its gone real thick and gunky. Took hi to the doc thismorning.

Maya- meant to say b4, i didnt do a lot for Record breaker cause im not up o geting straight back into doing parties just yet, but i did 2 mystery hosts at my place and about $1200. all the guests won some fab stuff so everyoe was very happy with it! How did u do?

Update on doula- DH had tried to ring her several times and left msgs but she hasnt rung back. i did send her a very breif email asking for a re-imbursement which took her 2 weeks to respond, i forward it again and she wrote back that she had deposited $250 back ito my acct. Given that i paid her $700 for one visit i am still trying to ge a further $250 like she advised us e would get back if she wasnt at the birth. Her email was as if nothing odd has happened and i was like WTF?
    so who knows what will happen from here i am still very dissapointed with it all, it wsnt meant to be like this, i feel so dupped (sp?) with it all, i wanted a Vbac i had a c/s,i wanted to bf, i cant, i wanted the doula for support in all of this and she left me high and dry.
    I'll get over it but it's still pretty raw atm so still upset and annoyed with it all.

Hi ladies.
    Its funny about the handedness, cause Jack is right handed with writing etc... but when it comes to sports, he is left handed!
    Spelling, well I try my best, but occasionally wrongly spelt words slip in. Its funny because I had an email come in saying that it doesn't matter how words are spelt as long as the first and last letter are correct.
    More Brain Stuff . . From Cambridge University .

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

Good afternoon girls Just back from collecting Wade from Kinder....had a great morning! But first:

Jess: That's a very interesting email isn't it?! I've read it before and was amazed to see that I could read it so easily!

Tali: don't worry about your spelling... it's so common with left handed people... my Dad and Sis (rosehannah) are both left handed and have trouble spelling but they aren't stupid! I'm not perfect myself but ever since I downloaded Mozilla's FireFox browser (which has an inbuilt spell checker that even corrects what I type here in BB) I don't have to worry too much. Maybe try to get a hold of that... but it doesn't really matter that much... i understand your posts perfectly

Nic: Good to hear you have followed up with your doula, I'm sure you will receive that second lot of money too. What a shame she let you down... she doesn't seem to think that by treating you so unprofessionally that she is letting down her whole profession News of bad service spreads like wildfire! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience but try not to be too jaded, I guess there are good and bad in all professions but we always get hurt most when it's people who work in the "caring" professions that let us down hey? Hope lil Ty doesn't catch Nixon's bug!

Arrggggh! in the space of typing the above I have had to get up 4 times and close the bloody side gate that Wade keeps leaving OPEN! I'm gonna bolt the thing SHUT if he does it again! He...just....doesn't...get ...it! he has also broken the front gate by standing on it so I can't rely on that to keep Niall in either.... oh this place is falling to bits! *deep breaths* But there is light at the end of the tunnel because as of next Wednesday I HAVE A MOTHER'S ASSISTANT!!! Finally, this morning Dial-An-Angel rang and said that one of their girls has just become available but only on Wednesdays at this stage (which is ok, just want 1 day a week at this stage until I suss out if she's good. She has been a fulltime nanny but wants to return to study (nursing) and she also rang this morning and we had a chat... she sounds nice and very sensible Oh and she lives really close and is happy to do evening babysits as well. She has been police checked too and is one of 7 children herself so our chaos won't phase her she said. She'll be staying until 6pm when DH gets home too so that's the witching hour covered. I really hope this works out... I get a good vibe from her on the phone anyhow. Here's finger's crossed she fits in here well!

Back later.... Niall's fallen asleep in my arms while feeding, better put him down....
    Last edited by Bathsheba; December 5th, 2007 at 12:11 PM.

bath- what is a mother assistent I can guess she come out to help, but is she groverment funded or private. Its just I have never heard of them before and after been a sahm for 7 yrs with a DH who is always away I thought she would have been useful to late now though thats why I want to move to melb so I can ring up mum and dad when I need a break.

It only accourd to me the other day DH and I havent been out with out the kids in 7 yrs and I have never been apart form them unless they are at school which at this stange is only DS, no wonder I am so tired all the time, and feeling very nevess about may going to school.

Tali: A Mothers' Assistant is like an Au pair, helps you at home and/or when you are on holidays etc. Like a babysitter but with you still there (although it sounds like I will be able to trust this woman with collecting Wade from Kinder for me etc) she might also take the kids to the park nearby while I am at home cooking dinner etc. It is a through a private agency but I'll make enquiries about governments rebates. I *think* private nannies are going to be able to be covered by the childcare allowance system now that the Rudd government is in... i think it was one of their policies but don't quote me on that one. I'll be paying her $16 per hour which is good considering her experience and nursing training even though incomplete (I think she has 2/3 years). If she is really good i might consider asking her become a nanny and think about returning to uni myself or maybe getting a job that only demands 1 or 2 days a week. DH is on annual leave as of next Thursday until just after Xmas so she will be returning (if she's suitable) every Wednesday from next January. And girls, i must NOT use her time here to be on BB!!!! LOL

oh bath - half my post that I lost was giving you hugs and some ideas (that you'd probably thought of anyway) but it seems it might be all falling into place with your MA which is great news and hopefully give you the extra time you need whether for family stuff or you time. Wade and Benjamin are sounding very similar at the moment - I sometimes wonder where my sensible thinking little boy has gone cause there are some days I could just throttle him.

Jess - funny I could easily read it too - quite amusing

will bbl need to settle a disagreement over the toys r us catalogue - you'd think it was a text for a major Final year exam the way it gets studied

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast