Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #47

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Well we had christmas at our house this year, we went to the park after the boys opened their presents to try and burn some of their energy off, then we came home for lunch and the boys had a nap and daddy and poppy put up the trampoline for them. Everyone has gone now and we're doing the tidy up and will have a relaxing night hopefully.

I hope you all have had a wonderful day.

hugs xoxo

congrats again Ali so glad you guys are home already thats the best present!

Merry Christmas to all. we had a great day. Nixon loved the balloons!! they looked really cool also.
    we left a little in the tank so can blow some more up tomorrow when todays have all gone down.
    the boys got so much lovely stuff is all sprawled out over the entire house atm!

the only downer of the day was when Nixon on cue for his daily tantrum threw the biggest wobbly at my uncles which lastes 45mins. Yesterday i thought we got through the day without one until he woke at 10pm, screamed for 1hr and then laid awake calming down in our bed for a further hour.

anyway absolutley nakkered off to bed now!

So glad you all had a wonderful day ours has just started so we will just have to wait until DH comes home now before the gifts are open.. So far its only being Kai who has opened any ant that was Zaydens anyway, so just have to keep her away for a few hours and then they can go mad, Zayden did give her his gift which she loves it a dolls pram so she is now just running up and down the house with it, she is such a mother hen...

Well I will be off tommorrow until the 23rd of jan so want be able to catch up until then might come back tonight when DH is asleep. So just like to wish you all a Happy New Year and I will try to catch up when I get back...

Hi all - sorry for being AWOL for so long!! I have been reading but not posting so forgive me for lurking, but whenever I start to think about writing Flynnie wants attention (he is starting to get a little clingy and have temper tantrums, so we are trying hard to spend time with him when Ollie is asleep).

Ollie is a little angel - lightning seems to have struck twice for us!! I fell in love with him tonight - I was watching ER and there was a character with multiple personalities who had been abused as a kid who came out with this scared little boy personality and I got to thinking how awful it would be if anyone hurt my boys. And tears just started streaming down my face as I looked at Oliver's perfect little face Aren't kids the greatest

Sounds like everyone had a lovely christmas and the babies got spoilt (like they should!)

Full on 2 days for me, christmas lunch was great although they took a bit long. Marley did pretty well to last the distance. Didn't get home till about 9pm, kids were so tired. Out again today to my dads for boxing day bbq and got home about 10pm. Poor kids, I am so looking forward to having a day at home tomorrow so they can just rest (and me too!). Although I have nearly $300 in vouchers that I would love to spend at the boxing day sales, it will have to wait until the weekend.

Tali - I hope the kids manage to hang out and you enjoy your christmas celebrations with DH home.

Bath - bet your lunch was delicious and what a lovely secret santa gift.

Amanda - bet the boys loved the trampoline. Hope you got to have a relaxing night.

Ali - its great you got home in time for christmas. Glad to hear little Liam is such a good baby and Tori is enjoying being a big sister.

Nic - I have presents strewn around here too! Glad Nixon loved his balloons. Hope you had a tantrum free day today.

Rory - glad to hear Ollie is being such a good boy. I was so annoyed I forgot to tape ER tonight and it looked like a good one. I would probably end up in tears too. Kids are the greatest.

Better think about bed soon, what a hectic but wonderful few days.

Hi ladies

Glad you all had lovely Christmases. We enjoyed ours and joined my friend with the Junie triplets for Christmas lunch. It was very hectic but all the bubs were good but the oldies, oscar and isabella (4) were abit of a pain. Oscar really anjoyed opening his presents and we got him to put out a mince pie for santa and a carrott for Rudolph and he was so happy in the morning that most of the pie and carrot had gone. Didn't do much on boxing day as it was soooo hot here - 44.1degrees.

Then we had a truly awful night. At 3.50pm i heard a car loose control and knew it was coming for the house. it took out the structural columns on the veranda and 3 panels of fencing. To say we are gutted is the understatement. We've been in the house 12 days! I wont repeat most of the story here as have done a looong version of it in the punchingbag room. We are so sad that our lovely new home now looks like crap and will do for a while as the tradies are on holidays, but we know how lucky we were to get away with so little damage and us not getting injured or killed - they missed our bedroom (our head end) by less than 2 feet and were going so fast they were airbourne for a good 10 feet or so. ill shut up about it now. sorry for the me post and no personals but not really with it today as obviously we were up from then onwards and didn't get a sleep in the day. off to bed now - nighty night.
    Julie x

Oh Julie, thats terrible! I will go and check out the full story. It must have been so scary though and I am so glad to hear you are all OK. I hope it gets fixed up soon for you but I can totally understand how upset you must be.

44+ degrees, that must have been disgusting! Is it any cooler today? I heard on the news there was bushfires, hopefully not anywhere near you.

Hi Mel, doing better today thanks

44 was way to hot! thank god for air con! and yep the bush fires were only a few miles away from us - mmmm just out the back of the house where the driver of the car lives! We felt so sorry for the fireys - they started just before dinner on Christmas day then at the same time on boxing day so they would have had no time with their families just because of some horrible people lighting them on purpose.

lots cooler today - very pleasant - i think only around 30 even though 34 was forcast, lots of lovely cool wind though so nice.

love your new picky on your ticker, Marley is looking so grown up!

Julie x

Jules... just read your Big Boo Hoo! Could you paste your FaceBook link here? (it's allowable). Ta.

Julie, I just saw the photos - gosh it was so close to the house. You guys are very lucky (sorry to keep saying that!). Hope the little buggers learnt a very big lesson from it all.

Hi all, things here are great, it looks like I have been lucky enough to get a second baby that feeds well and sleeps well (touchwood).

I have finally gotten round to uploading some pics here

What huge feet he has, Ali!! I thought Oscar was the only one born a size 8 He's beautiful and you all look radiant!
    My keyboard is playing up - DP managed to spill stout over it and he can't remember doing it ( ) It's sticky as all get out.
    Might have a visitor soon, not sure, she said she might not if it got too hot...and it's hot! So, I'm cutting up old apples to stew in the microwave (Tupperware stack cooker to the rescue!), whilst practicing my singing via the recording of my singing lessons with DP's cousin...good hot weather activity!
    My sister and her family left yesterday
    Gotta fly again, oscar's up to no good.
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; December 30th, 2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: forgot important bit!

awww Ali he is gorgeous thanks for sharing te photos! Tori looks so intrigued by Liam in the pics!
    i agree Mel Marley looks so grown up in your ticker photo. its a great pic btw!

Ali - oh he is so beautiful! What a serene, peaceful face he has. You guys look over the moon. Don't worry, I had 2 excellent sleepers and that still hasn't changed. Tori is looking very smitten with her new brother.

Maya - its a stinker out there! 3 loads of washing has dried so fast, its wonderful! Hope you manage to stay cool. Bit sad that your sister has gone already. How long till your trip?

Nic - thanks, I love it too! Its taken me that long to get a decent photo of the two of them. Marley will not keep still long enough for me to take a picture. whereas Chelsea will happily pose for ages.

Does anyone else have trouble taking pics of their bubs? I have so many photos of Chelsea, but everytime I get the camera out, she's off like a rocket. I've tried putting her in chairs, outside etc but it doesn't work. And as soon as Chelsea gets closer to her, she cracks it.

It is so hot outside and the wind is very hot. Its going to be 41 on NYE, yuk! My GF who came back from Japan rang yesterday to say her DS has chicken pox (he's 13 mths old) and she is so worried that he may have passed it on to Marley and his cousins. Chelsea has already had it so she is ok, but I have to keep an eye out for any spots.

Chelsea is having her 5th bday party next Friday and wants me to make the handbag cake from the Donna Hay kids edition. If anyone has seen it, it looks a bit tricky, but she really wants it. I might have to show her a few easier ones and try to persuade her.

Off to MIL's soon to take the girls for a swim, Marley is asleep so DH might just have to take Chelsea.

Hope everyone is keeping cool today.

Julie just seen the pics of yor house. omg i see what ou mean about how easily it could have been disasterous.
    Mel- i havent seen that cake, do you have time to trial if before next friday to see a. how long it will take to do and b. if it infact doable!

Nixon was always easy to get ncie pic but he is a lot more difficult now. i thinkhave the digitalis agodsend though because i just snap away and then go through and delete all the bad ones.

Just to let you all know that Tali should nearly be in Melbourne now. We left her in Albury around 3pm after meeting her at Maccas. The kids had a ball in the covered playground at Maccas and I have a couple of photos of the kids and Tali and Darren.

Thanks Jess
    At least she's getting here today and not tomorrow...what a hot one it's going to be!
    Mel - I reckon you'll match the cake pic and better it! Yeah, got some washing done yesterday and just couldn't bring myself to put it out, so today has been the day for that, as well as just reading...for fun...for the first time in ages that hasn't involved the middle of the night!
    I'm really savouring these days because soon we will be freezing our arses off and then it's almost straight back to school for me
    I bought a new summer hat today when I went to the chemist (ran out of the mini-pill...two or three days ago...), where I got Oscar another hat - two of his have gone missing and he's not a hat boy. So, now, DP and I are wearing hats, I have a hemp one in the car and I will be exchanging my Akubra (chrissy present) for one the right size and there will be hats on Mummy and Daddy for all occasions...little bugger!
    He did a poo on the table outside last night, which was funny. I got to clean the table and DP got to clean Oscar, who had done a bit of smearing. Today, he pooed on the deck, so I cleaned Oscar and DP did the deck. I think I got off light again, cos it was less poo on his bum than a nappy change...hee hee!
    Speaking of poo (charming topic, no?), I've got a temporary and more expensive dog food that is having great results so far - less of it and less smelly. DP is still not convinced, but I think it's the new dog food for us. They need less of it and our money goes to a smaller company that is Australian. I'm a happy camper.
    Reading a great book, called The Breastfeeding Cafe by Barbara Behrmann - it's brilliant, and but for some minor cultural differences, could be about BellyBelly members! US women share experiences and the author kind of mediates with her academic and personal background in breastfeeding etc. A great read, whether you BF or not, cos it's about mothering - some women talk about the transition to formula, use of other mothers' milk, challenges, cancer in the middle of pg. Wonderful book.
    Anyway, gotta organise dinner!
    Did Tali have our phone numbers?
    PS Photos with Oscar - touch and go. I can usually get him in an action shot, or about to get up to no good. I choose my moments mostly, and can get some good shots. I get better ones now with the camera on my phone than I did with my camera!

Nic - hopefully I can do a practice on this week, luckily it doesn't require too many ingredients and decorations. What would we do without digital cameras. Waste a heap of money on developing crappy photos!!

Jess - thanks for the update. Great that you got to meet and the kids had fun.

Maya - aw, thanks for your vote of confidence Glad you are getting time to do things for yourself after the hectic few months you've had, and reading is so relaxing esp if its a good one (sounds like your is very interesting). You and your poo stories, I just love them LOL!!!! Who has to clean the next one? Diet plays a huge part in the smelly dog poo, so if you find a good product, stick to it (and even better is Aussie). Marley is not a hat wearer either, stays on for a few minutes then its off. DH and Chelsea always wear them, I don't! Can never find one that I like, but still no excuse - gotta slip, slop, slap!

Not looking forward to the scorcher tomorrow. I am going to a friends house with Chelsea for a party. DH is working and Marley is going to stay at MIL overnight. Chelsea and I will sleep at my GF's, so I can have a few drinks. We are having a ****tail party and I am in charge of the champagne ****tail, which is sparkling white wine and some passionfruit sorbet, sounds delicious. Looking forward to letting my hair down a bit.

What is everyone else up to?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast