Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #48

Jess - sounds like you certainly had a great night!!!

Tali - no we are suriving the wet with no damage thankfully!!! Townsvilles flooding has been a lot less this time round although the dam is a pretty spectacular sight at the moment!! Today has actually been a half decent day with some beautiful breezes - yay to Kai.

Bath - i have everything crossed that both your boys are healthy this Friday and that you are feeling a lot better and have no more urgent visits to the hospital - take care of yourself hon

Maya - glad to see you back - sounds like you had a great trip and Oscar was the accomplished traveller

Mel - was thinking similar things about Julie - I'm hoping its just too much m/s at worst that is keeping her away.

Nic - 2nd birthdays already!!!! unbeleiveable that we are entering that milestone already

Rory, Amanda, Ali - hi!!!! hope you had a good weekend

anyway had better go and hope everyone has a good week

Jess - sounds like a you had a wonderful night!!! Have you found somewhere to live yet? or are you aloud to stay?

Jaspen- glad most the water is missing you... I am so sick of the rain and mozzies the kids are stuck in the house most the time because as soon as you step out side we are getting swamped! poor Kai is covered in the and as she swells up they look gross.. Plus when the weather is wet like this my eyes dont stop running and they are just so ichy I am about to go to the chemist and get more drops...Hows the m/s going almost over yet?

Bath- you have to start taking some more "ME" time as hard as that is.. Must be hard for Verity as this is the 'why me' stage in life and now heaven forbid she has to help out with her siblings... My poor older sister had to almost raise my 2 younger sisters and I. which I now see as no foult of eaither of my parents but when your mum is sick as mine was and your dad has to work all day to feed all of you, there's not much else you can do. she did go through a big why me stage in life... But soon got over it but not until she grew up a bit..

Well I am stressing about moving and finding rentals as I keep getting told by everyone that it is very hard to find rentals down in melb, Is this true or is this more for the city we hope to move to berwick or mornington area as this is where BHL likes would any of you know how hard it is to rent down in those areas?

Just wanted to drop in quickly, Bath thanks so much for the new Av it's just awesome, I love it.

I've been feeling really tired and sick so will drop back in when I'm feeling a bit better.

hugs xoxo

oh amanda I was hoping you would be real lucky with m/s this time round - here's hoping it is short lived and doesn't hold you captive to the couch for too long

Hi all sorry it has been so long between posts but I have been having a really tough time trying to be a mummy of 2, especially when I have a baby that doent settle and feeds continously. However, having said that after trying every product I could get my hands on to cure colic, i finally tried some formula, which for the first time in 5 weeks led to one happy and relaxed baby, no trapped wind, sleeping for longer than 20 mins at a time, so after much heartache and guilt I decided to wean him and I am so glad I did because he is a different baby.
    Amanda- Sorry m/s has hit, I hope it doesnt hang around too long.

Tali- I hate moving house, luckily I have never moved interstate, I hope it all comes together quickly for you.

Jess- Sounds like you had a wonderful night out, it is so great to just get out and do something you really enjoy.

Bath- Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well. I hope the boys are well enough to go to Daycare this week. Did your Mother's helper work out or are the boys going to daycare instead?

Maya- Great to see you back, and hear that you had a great time. I can't wait to start travelling with our kids. Canada is my ideal holiday destiantion, I have wanted to go and watch a live ice hockey game for as long as I can remember.

Congrats to Dee on the birth of her second baby boy- fingers crossed that he is a better sleeper for her than Lachlan was.

Anyway I had better go and do something while both my babies are sleeping.

Maya - your phone camera is great. The pics are so clear I would never have guessed it was from a phone. My SIL took the photo of Marley and I just love it. Captures her cheeky spirit. Looks like you might be visiting the local laundromat? The weekend is looking much cooler so you might be needing some of those warmer clothes. Ready for uni to start next week?

Tali - I will PM you facebook details. I don't use it too much, just when I am bored which is not that often these days. LOL about May holding hands with a boy, how cute. Chelsea seems to like playing with boys too. How sweet that Zayden is protective of her, brotherly love. I think rental properties are hard to find all over Melbourne. I would start looking now as something may come up that is available when you are coming down. Maybe even ring some agents in the area you are looking at, asking them to let you know if any come up. And if you keep checking with them, they will remember you and hopefully have something for you.

Bath - how awful that you ended up in hospital! How are you feeling today? You must have been a bit freaked out. Glad DH was there to help out. The staple diet of every dad looking after the kids - pizza LOL!! Lets hope your day care arrangement works well this week, I am sure you could do with a bit of a breather. I am at work Tues, Thurs & Fri.

Jess - sounds like heaps of fun and pics look great. Excuse my ignorance but who is Catherine? Are you watching Adam on It Takes Two? He seems like such a gentleman. What's he like? Glad you went with outfit #2.

Jaspen - glad to hear you have not floated away! The rain looks so bad, have you been getting it as bad as Mackay? I have no idea how far away you are from there?

Amanda - your new av looks brilliant. Hopefully that made you smile and feel better, even if only for a little bit.

Ali - its great to hear that things have improved for you. Must make a difference for everyone.

We lost power last night at home from 6.30-10.30pm. I wouldn't have done very well in the "olden days"! It was so boring, I was even trying to read with my torch, not so good for the eyes. No air con or fans, the house was so stuffy. Thankfully it went back on so I could iron work and school clothes. I bought $100 worth of meat yesterday, which thankfully survived in the freezer.

Hi to Julie & Rory.

Best get back to do some work

Hi my lovely Junie-mums

Amanda ? HUGE Congratulations ? sorry haven?t been on for nearly a month so missed your news. I?m so excited for you and sending pink vibes your way! Ouchy at Cody?s lip ? hope that?s all better now. Your boys look great in their school uniforms, you must be so proud. Another great Bath ? Avvy!! Hope you don?t have too much bother with m/s.

Tali ? glad may had a great day at school ? the photos are lovely ? she looks so grown up. Good luck with your move ? when will that be happening?

Dee ? ahh at Nathan?s jocks! We?ve only just got there with Oscar literally in the last couple of weeks so haven?t started with Will yet although he wont be long ? he keeps saying weewee and trying to pull down his nappy and sit on the loo ? we let him but I don?t think he quite gets the sensations yet as he?s not done one yet! Glad you are back on BB. Will look you up in FB now that ive enough energy to get back on the pute!

Mel ? ouchy at Marley?s lip ? hopefully all better by now. What a little Houdini getting out of a nappy with tape on! Glad Chelsea?s first day went great too ? she looks so gorgeous and grown up too in her photos! Sounds like she is doing so well in school and as a lovely little lady as well from her teacher?s home visit. Glad Marley is going well in cr?che too. Thanks for asking about my lack of posts! Haven?t been on for around a month due to being so tired. I?ve been sleeping when the boys sleep at lunch times then until the weekend ive been on the sofa from 4pm onwards ? poor james was coming home from 12 hour days then having to cook dinner, tidy it all up, put kids to bed just while I lay there! Turns out my iron was really low at 3 (should be between 11-15) so ive been on iron tablets for the last week and have really felt a difference. Plus most of the nausea has gone now so I feel like a new woman ? yay!

Rory ? what lovely boys you have ? I love the photo of Flynn in the big hat and shows and pmsl at him picking your nose! We do the please and thankyous before and after everything and they mostly do it themselves or I just remind them and they repeat it back to me. Whenever I ask them to do something I always (well until the 10th time and then it might be something else!) say please so hopefully they?re picking it up of me too.

Nic ? glad Tyron?s Christening went well ? scary monkey Nixon doing a runner!

Jaspen- how are you going? Hope the m/s has worn off for you now. Glad to hear you?re not flooded out ? typical though we wanted a wet season and didn?t get one for the 4 summers we were in tsv and then the last 2 that we haven?t been there they?ve been as wet as! Don?t envy the humidity though ? can remember being a very sweaty person for 6 months of the year ? I used to wear make up all the time but gave up in tsv as it just slid off after 5 minutes! ? haven?t got back into it though ? need a nice outing for an excuse to ?doll-up? now which is once in a blue moon. Can I ask who you have as your ob? I had Dr Heymann for both of my boys.

Ali ? sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with Liam?s sleeping. Glad it?s improved with the weaning, definitely don?t feel guilty 9although I know easier said than done) as it sounds like it was for the best all round.

Dee ? congrats on your new little boy ? hope all is well for you.

Maya ? glad you had a great trip and that Oscar did so well on the flights. Will check out your pickies in fb.

Bath ? sorry to hear of your scare in hossy ? glad it wasn?t anything too major. Bummer on Wade waking up ill on the first daycare day! Hopefully it will work out for you this week. I?ll hopefully ask you to do me a new avvy soon but will wait until ive had the scan later this week just to make sure all is ok.

Sorry I?ve not been in for a while, we?ve just had so much going on and the tiredness has just been extreme this pregnancy so just didn?t have any energy to do computer stuff! We had some more crap with the house, rocks being thrown at our garage door in the night, which is now all dinted in and this made us so frightened that we wanted to move out and didn?t sleep at night for about a week after. That was nearly a month ago and we haven?t had any problems since and the security has been improved on the estate so that?s great.

We went away last Wednesday to Sunday to Dunsbrough (spelt wrongly me thinks) as james had this writing retreat down there for some geo book they are writing and I had to tag along with the kids as we had the timber floors finally put into the living areas so now the house is feeling abit more finished. Both james and I are feeling so much more positive about things since we got back so hopefully all will be good now. We?ve had a crappy few months (not as a couple ? just so much crap happening all around) since moving in here but hopefully that corner has been turned and we are so much happier.

And the iron tablets have worked wonders ? have been catching up on about 5 pages worth of Junie exploits and writing this since this boys went down 1 ? hours ago! I feel like a new person! Just the scan to go on Thursday and if everything?s alright then we?ll be sorted. I wasn?t paranoid with either of my other pregnancies, just sailed through them but ive been convinced something is not right with this one and my bump or lack of it is so small I am still sleeping on my tummy. Hopefully its just the negative things that have been going on around me and not the actual baby so I will know on Thursday ? can?t wait!

My parents arrive on March 3rd for around a month so I?m really looking forward to that. James and I are thinking about going away just for a couple of days and leaving the kids with them as ive never been away from them. We?ll definitely go out for a few meals while they are here too.

My boys are doing great, Oscar is finally toilet trained ? yay! (still poos in his night nappy but I don?t care about that!) so is in big-boy jocks all day and for his day sleep! He has started 3 year old kindy which is only 2 hours on a Monday morning but he really likes it and Will is enjoying spending time with just me. We do his swimming lessons then will hopefully get into the habit of doing the shop as its so much easier with 1! Will is running around still with attitude and can talk in little sentences now. He?s so cute when he?s talking to Oscar ? they get on so well im so pleased I had them so close together. They fight occasionally but soon get over it.

All in all everythings good here now, so glad to catch up with you all and will hopefully be back on the scene now!

Julie x

PS - all the ? in my writing are from me writing it in word so i didn't lose it and it seems to have replaced all of my punctuation with ?!!!!!

Julie what a mammoth post! thats horrible about rocks being thrown at your place?? gee you've had a rough start there, i hope things improve in your area drstically.
    wow your going into the 2nd trimester already! hpe you start feeling more alive and better soon!
    that will be nice to have your olds around and good idea for you and dh to have some alone time too!
    tats a great sign if will is saying wee and trying to pull his nappy down!

Bath- what a scarey ordeal i hopr your feeling a lot better

Jess- i couldnt see the pics on the link u posted?

great photo's rory!

Maya- did u go to sessions? we had it today. BIG Tupperware day held twice a year, im so exhausted! had my girls meet me at my place 7am and didnt get home till 6.15pm. my poor mum minded the boys and then from midday minded all 4 grandkids.

Julie- Dont worry too much about the " bad " feeling you are having I had them with my 3rd also I was told by my mum that she had them for all of us from the 3 rd on wards I think it has something with us always thinking to your self how could I be so lucky a 3rd time What did I do to desive such happy healthy baby's, Now that we are thinking about having a 4th I am already having these thoughts will I get pregenat will I have another happy baby all these thing seem to be normal.. I too slepted of my tummy much longer with Kai than I did with the other, made your body just gets used to been PG..

Not much else to write today quite boring really kai has done a few more wee's in the toilet but more of them have been on the floor!!! I have email a few realestates about us moving and need a house by june but so far no one has contated us, so I might wait a little longer and ring a few in March/april...

Hi girls - esp Julie - welcome back to our forum

Gotta be real quick cause I am at work (doing 2 days a week - Tues and Thurs - DH is home with the boys and so far so good!!) Took Ollie to the MCHN yesterday - all is well - long and skinny like his dad and brother. Cutest thing was when the nurse was checking Ollie's hips and measuring him and stuff, Flynn got reallly upset and protective. He was gibbering and pointing at the nurse and yelling "Ollie Ollie Ollie" and crying. I can't believe his protective feelings are so strong already!!

Prob;em is those protective feelings don't stop him from bashing Ollie in the face with his matchbox cars when he "plays" with him!! LOL!!

ETA: Maya did you use the Ergo when Oscar was a newborn? I am finding it hurts my back to use it cause OIllie sits so far off my centre of gravity (sitting sideways in the newborn insert). Did you find it got more comfy as Oscar got older?
    Last edited by Roryrory; February 21st, 2008 at 08:44 AM.

Hi Julie- Great to see you back, I cant believe you are in your second tri already too, that has gone so fast. We will have to try and catch up again really soon.

Well after more stressful days and unsleeping baby I took Liam back to the GP yesterday and it looks like he has Silent reflux, we started him on Infants Gaviscon last night and OMG he is like a different baby already, he has finished 2 bottles in a row instead of only taking 60-70ml, he has fallen asleep feeding which he has never done, even as a tiny baby when i was bf, and he went back to bed this morning after only being asleep a couple of mins and has stayed asleep. It is such a relief to have found something that has worked as it was all getting pretty stressful.

Anyway I had better go and make the best of the time while he is sleeping, and I might even manage to get out the house today.

Rory lol at Flynn been protective over Ollie and then hitting him, I think all kids are like that, I know that my boys are, noone can hurt their brother/s only them, .

Ali I'm so happy that you have found out what is been going on with Liam, I hope that this will be an uphill win for you now with his sleeping.

Julie I must admit that I went looking about a week ago to see when you last posted, I'm happy to see you back and yay to making it into the second tri. Yay for Oscar been toilet trained.

Bath I hope that you have been feeling a bit better now that you meds have been uped.

Maya good to hear your holidays went well and it's good to see you back.

Hi to Nic, Tali, Jaspen and Jess, I hope you are all well.

Well I'm going alright the m/s comes and goes and the heats not helping much. Cody is been a cheeky little bugger, getting into everything and then giving you the cute butter wouldn't melt in my mouth look. Ok I'll be off to do some house work, oh joy .

hugs xoxo

Good afternoon Junies,

Great to see all of you, especially Julie! All's well, back from French music this morning, Niall is asleep, Wade is doing a jigsaw and it's a gorgeous day out... not too hot!

Ali: It's good that at least you know what's going on with Liam's discomfort... these are the hard days by the sounds of it... I'm sure things will look up soon.

The chest pain hasn't returned but I've been taking it as easy as I can with three kids. Verity was home yesterday with a cold but that actually turned out well because I was able to leave Niall asleep while I dropped Wade of at kinder.... and she looked after him again when I went to go get him... it was raining and would have been a wet trip with him otherwise in the pram. Verity has calmed down a bit after a few weeks of being quite volatile mood-wise. She's much more pleasant to be around ATM. As moody as she can be at least she is trustworthy... I swear she is, in some ways, more mature than I was at that age... she is certainly taller and stronger! She's very nearly my height now, and way stronger. She carried the rolled up double futon (at my request) from Wade's room all the way up to our bedroom like it was a suitcase. Maybe it's just my condition that's making me feeble but I just couldn't lift the bloody thing off the floor. To think she was so tiny as a bubba! Imagine how the boys are going to turn out!

Jess: glad you had a fun night out! You deserved it!

Rory: Just about to check out your photos.

Maya: Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!!

Niall's stirring...

I have been really busy lately! DH heard from one of the vineyards that they are looking for pickers...it's a small vineyard so hopefully I can get a couple of hours work!

goodluck with the job jess!
    Rory how cute flynn taking on his big brother roll like that!
    Ali- glad u have found out whats upsetting Liam & hope it gets better for you both!
    Bath- yeah imagine our big strong boys in another 10-15 yrs!! im gonna be the shorty of the family, i rekon Tyron is going to be the tower! Even with Nixon prematurity he has always been above av height, Tyron's taller again.
    what size bub was Verity?
    Ty had his needles yest. Nix couldnt care less i told him he could hold his hand but he just wanted to play....
    Nixon's speech is slowly improving, a good portion of it is still un recognisable but the last few days ive picked up on a few more words.
    we always thought he kept calling my sister (Aunty Ness) nanny & would correct him. but figured out he is saying Naanee = aunty ness! so now she has the nickname naanee.
    i went to the loo yesterday & he said "you do wee"
    i cant wait to hear more of what this boy has to say he chats all day long!

Dee and her dh named their baby boy Cooper David! she said he is a really good baby & doing well
    Last edited by nickers; February 21st, 2008 at 07:32 PM.

Something is definitely up with my account - I'm not getting the notifications and I assumed that everyone was having a particularly busy February! I've only been dropping in on my emails between tidying up, too, so I haven't had time, till now, to just wander into BB to see what's happening.
    I've got spuds in the oven for a late dinner - DP has been training for the fire brigade comp team and I was out swimming with Oscar and took a side trip to Kathmandu at Knox, to use up a refund voucher that expired today! Shhh, won't be telling DP unless he asks where my new skirt and shorts came from...I won't be advertising them...
    Nic - our sessions was on the 9th of Feb, so I couldn't be there That's the second sessions I've missed - I missed the August ones because I thought I was going to wait till November to start demonstrating and ended up starting in September.
    Tupp is definitely taking a backseat this year - I've been reviewing my study load and considering what I need to do with Oscar, and on two days a week, I am looking into doing two half days of on-campus care so that I can go in and read the text books (instead of buying them), feed Oscar if I'm getting full, and collect him when the time's up and we can catch the bus and train home again. Was thinking of getting a parking permit (or somehow qualifying for a disabled permit - my pelvis, perhaps?? I AM still seeing the Osteo for it!), cos that still works out cheaper than two text books per semester, but I think Oscar would prefer the PT mode - he is really hating being strapped down and it's getting to be a two person job! Anyway, on the days that MIL can have Oscar, I can work on assignments, housework and ride my horse. Wednesdays I'm hoping to do music lessons with Oscar, otherwise, it's Thursday mornings (which will mean car to that, then drive to uni, cos Thurs class is a different location). I'm rambling, but I've got it roughly figured out and Tupperware is not figuring too highly on that list, unfortunately.
    Oscar's settled back into some sort of rhythm now and I might take him to an osteo, to see if one of his rough tumbles has thrown out something - sometimes he gets into a fit of frustration for no obvious reason, and I"m thinking he may have jarred something in his little body. He is the most curious cat, makes me laugh all the time. He even cracks himself up.
    Bath - sorry, I only saw your post tonight! I've got some errands to run tomorrow and I thought about having lunch locally with my dad and DP (as he's not working ATM, and having an MRI for his knee, with distinct possibility of knee reconstruction, which I'm wishing he could seek alternative therapy for instead...maybe wishful thinking), though a trip into town would be wonderful! I'm free next Friday, I'm pretty sure (ha! So much for my study plan!), if there were others wanting to meet in town? I still want to check out the TESOL shop to get Oscar some Spanish language books.
    Amanda - I hope your m/s does more going than coming, I can only hope that the bloody thing goes easy on me next time round...19 weeks is a long time before it goes away!
    Julie - so glad you sorted out your iron sicho, it can hit like a ton of bricks, huh? Awesome about your parents coming, too
    Tali - rentals, like Mel said, are like hen's teeth ATM, but it's not impossible. My parents' house in the hills is on the market, if you're interested!! It's on the Ray White Tecoma/Belgrave site and is titled 'Entertainer's Delight' or something to that effect. I'm sure you'll find a rental down peninsula way, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Jas - glad the weather is more agreeable up there!
    Jess - sounds like a great night you had.
    Ali- you sound relieved, good luck with it all
    Rory - funny kids! My GF's eldest son is the same with his baby brother, and there's a 3 and a bit year age gap there - I think it's a sibling thing! I was very protective of my sister for a very long time (like, till late teens!), but the gloves were off it were between the two of us! As for 'manners', we're not enforcing anything in the least, and Oscar has picked up on the convention of saying something when one gets something - there's a discernible effort to say 'thank you' from time to time, and instead of praising it we just say 'you're welcome', so that he picks up on the gist. I don't want to reward it, I just want him to want to say it so that it's intrinsically motivated. When he asks for something he does it in a real 'please' inflection, so I know that it's his 20 month old version of 'please'. That's probably a bit too 'alternative' for many people, and it's just what I feel comfortable practicing with my family I know a lot of people prize a kid who automatically says 'please' and 'thankyou' and I'm going to get a lot of frowns from people who don't get it from my kids, and it's just too bad. They're not programmable robots and some days they'll feel gracious, other days they won't. One day when they're old enough, they'll learn to fake grace for their own ends, meanwhile, they're not capable of being rude for rude's sake WRT the Ergo, I got it when Oscar was 5 months old, so he was sitting up in it already, and ready for the back position, too. I used the HAB all day long up until the change to the Ergo and that was a godsend - it settled his windiness and got him to sleep no worries, and I was able to do lots of things around the house...sometimes wish it were that easy still! I won't be using the Ergo for my next one until about the same age as Oscar was - I'll go some sort of soft cloth wrap or ring sling again.
    Tali - I think you may be onto something about AF and BFing - a GF of mine in Booby Club has about a 3 year fertility gap when breastfeeding (and she never weaned her kids, they weaned themselves), and another GF just never got her AF until about 18 months after her 3rd child was born! No baby bump yet and no AF, so I'm guessing that my eggs are still hiding all by themselves, cos I gave up on trying to take the mini pill on any kind of regular basis LOL! Don't watch this space too keenly, though, it might damage your eyes!
    Ok, better go eat my second spud while I wait for DP to return. I've been composing this for over an hour and he still isn't home. Might have something to do with the TAC ad shown here in Vic last night. We watched the web version when we got back from brigade and he was very sad. One of the sets of parents on it was his cousin. I never met him as it was way before my time, and it makes me cry to think about it. At least I have seen a side to him that rarely shows - the one that is affected by sad things in this world.
    oooh, he's home!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; February 21st, 2008 at 09:52 PM.

sorry girls this is a selfish "Me" post

Im sitting here still shaking about what just happened.
    I lost Nixon thismorning and it was the scarest feeling in the world.

We went to playgroup thismorning 9.30am. its in a community centre but its in the same location as a busy shopping centre which has coles, chemist, hair dresser etc etc etc in it.
    anyway my sister couldnt go today she was working so her dh took their girls.
    My mum came with about 30min to go because she was to take the girls and mind them for the rest of the day when their dad went to work.

so playgroup finishes everyone is there, the door is opened ppl start to leave, i was sure i saw Nixon head out the back (which is totally secure cant go anywehere) so when i saw the co-ordinator lady trying to fold this big mat thing up i asked if she needed a hand (everyone else was leaving and no one helped) so as i was doing that mum was holding Tyron and my BIL was with his girls, i ASSUMED Nixon was out the back.
    so i go get Tyron off mum, put him in the pram and go to get Nixon, another lady is bringing her son inside and i say to her is Nixon out there?? She replied no??
    ok not panicing yet he must be with BIL...... walk to the foyer no Nixon.
    walk back into the room and have a second check out the back & in the kitchen.
    ok now where is he? i call out to mum and tell her Nixon is gone.
    she rushes outside and i went to the toilets to check, not in there

Now i start to panic, i ran back into the room and told one of the ladies to stay there incase he came back. i run outside and stop a couple of the mums and tell them Nixon is missing please help to find him.
    omg the tears have started now.
    This is such a busy place cars are coming in and out the whole time and reversing.
    I told one of the mums to keep watch next to the road for me incase he went to run out on the road.
    One other mum ( a good friend of mine) dumped her 3 kids with another mum and started running around calling out his name. She went towards the shops, i satyed at the car park, i ran up and down it calling out hsi name in a panic, ppl were just starring at me like some kinds of physco mum or something.
    Finally when i started coming back down the car park my friend had him in her arms, i ran up to him and gave him the biggest cuddle in the world.
    I think he actually knew he did something he shouldnt have. he had a very concerned look on his face.
    Anyway he made it past majority of the shops, into coles and into the fruit & veg section. One of the mums actually had his hand when my friend found him.....

To get there he actually had to walk through part of the car park, how he did not get injured is a miracle..... why no one would have tried to stop him before this point is beyond me.... and with 6-7 woman calling out Nixon running around looking for him why no one could have said "i just seen a little boy go that way" is beyond me.....
    If i ever see a child without an adult i wouldnt grab them but i would follow them, ask where mummy or daddy is, or if they are lost...
    omg i just feel so sick at the moment. My two beautiful children are sleeping soundly and im still shaking at the thought of would could have happened........

Oh Nic, big hugs - what a terrible thing to happen! It's amazing the people out there who will watch kid or dog keep running, no matter that a parent/owner is chasing after them! I held onto a dog (I know, not a precious child, don't mean to equate the two, just illustrating people's inability to help out) in Hyde Park for a lady I could hear calling after the dog and it just kept running from her. She came over and was so grateful, I told her that my dog is a runner too - can't people just put themselves in your position?? Hugs to you, hope your heart rate has come down

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast