Default Babies Born June 2006 #49

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in June 2006

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

Welcome to the weekend ladies!

Had a spur of the moment PASH party last night, a hens party...except it ended up being a HENS/BUCKS party! A good time was held by all and sales reached the $800 mark so far so pretty good.

Liz had her first birhtday party today and I got a real good bargain on the present, so I know that the birthday got a good toy.

James has to work in the morning so I have to walk around town with all 6 kids delivering flyers for the kids fete!!

Hi all have been busy this week with BHL been home as we only have a about 4 week of him been home to organize the big move so not much time of couses there is plenty of time while he is away but not much I can do apart from getting a few quotes together... We were told by DHA ( they are the people you have to go to when you move around the country they orgainse housing and removal when you are in the defence) that they wouldnt move us out of cairns!!! that we are only intiled to a move in the cairns area and not to melb even though BHL had defured his finial move for 12mths and we are in this time frame..So he has had to write them a email asking if they can change their minds and see if they will move us but dont like our chances they are all for the bottem dollar dont care about the people.. And the goverment wonders why they are losing so many defence member I could tell them a few reasons!!!! So hopefully we will hear something soon otherwise we will have to move ourselves we have had one quote for $6000 so as you can see we would much perfure that in our pockect so we might be able buy a house one day so for us everyone that the defence do as we are intiled and move us home...

We had a garage sale this weekend and it went well people were waiting out the frount at 5.30 am so they must have been keen BHL sold a lot of his tools he doesnt use anymore or things he had doubles off...

sorry no personals today but a big to everyone and hope you enjoy your sunday....

Oh, bugger, Tali! I really do hope you can change their minds, that's a lot of money for relocating
    Just got back from an overnight trip to near Wilsons Prom, to catch up with some CFA friends. Poor DP was hit by a tummy bug half way there so not only did it take forever to get there, but when we did get there he went straight to our room and I cleaned up the car door! He stayed in bed all night and was feeling half human again today. At least it wasn't next weekend that it hit him - we've got the Urban Fire Brigade State Champs next weekend. I'm really looking forward to that especially as we're ditching the car and taking the train, which Oscar will love.
    THe house is a pigsty...still...and DP has hit the bed again, so I guess I have to feed dogs, bring in laundry, watch Oscar and make a mild enough dinner...yaddiyaddayadda...

Good evening girls Maya, it's a bit like that here. DH and Niall hit the beds as soon as we returned from our trip to Nunawading (clothes from factory outlets for DH's school reunion next weekend). Niall has a slight temp so I hope what ever he has will come and go by next Friday. House is a pigsty, dinner needs to be cooked, Wade is helping himself to the endless flow of juice (enjoy the time before your toddlers can access the fridge!) Verity is doing something on her computer which makes mine extremely SLOW! Everytime I try to do something a hundred obstacles fall in my path... so I'm just not doing anything. Tali: I hope your DH gets the nod. The bank is a bit the same: will only fund relocations to remote places/overseas. They have a shortage of people wanting to work in those places and enough people in the major cities. They are MEAN'T to fund your return to your designated location after a stint in a "remote" place but they can be very fickle about that too It would cost a similar amount for us to relocate back up to Nth NSW... would be better if we could do 2 years abroad (funded) then designate NSW as our "return" location IYKWIM? 13 years ago the bank funded nearly every relocation... they funded our move to Warrigul (VIC) in 1995... but we had to fund our return to Melbourne because the next year they cracked down. I suspect things might change with the impending severe labor shortage. Companies are going to have to bend over backward to get a manger to rural places... I live in hope that DH sees a funded job in Northern NSW... at the moment it's only to places out the back of Burke!

"Mum I'm hungry" Wade. Better go deal.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; March 2nd, 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: typos

hope your bubs and DHs are feeling better today Bath and maya.

Ali - i have no real advice for liams daytimes sleeps unfortunately just :hugs: for you. I'm sure some of the others that have had reflux bubs can give you some new ideas

hi to everyone else - can't stay - actually have some energy back so need to complete a few domestic things that have been let slide for a while now.

Jaspen - just noticed that you find out the sex of bubs on Wednesday, how exciting. I'll put my bet on a girl.

Bath - did you find something for the reunion? Is DH looking forward to going?

Maya - is DP any better today?

Tali - hope they come good for you as that's alot of money to spend. Fingers crossed for you.

Jess - well done on the party sales. Did you get the flyers delivered quicker with the kids or did it take longer?

Marley has been a quite sick the past few days, her first major illness. She has a bad throat infections which has really hit her hard. She has been so miserable and her cough is awful. Drinking and eating were making it worse. On Saturday night she went to bed at 7.30pm and didn't wake till 11am! I was checking on her often to make sure she was alright. She then went back down at 12.30 till 4pm, then 6.30pm till 8.30am. Obviously she needed to sleep it off and today is the best she has been for a while. The antibiotics are kicking in and she is finally starting to smile again, and her appetite is back. Hopefully she is on road to recovery as I would love to have my smiling little munchkin back soon. Chelsea went to school today and said a prayer for her, which her teacher said was very hearfelt.

Hi to everyone else and hope you are happy and well.

oh Mel I hope Marley is back to her happy self real soon!!!

Good morning have to go get Wade from kinder soon... Niall asleep in my arms... one finger typing.

Rory: How did DH go with his interview? I'm sure he did very well

Mel: Poor Marley! I hope she's better today. Niall is just teething, has had his fingers in his mouth. No sign of illness.

Jaspen: Hope you made good use of your energy. I had some energy for about 20 mins yesterday, scrubbed the pantry floor! It looks great... I go look at it when I feel demoralised LOL.

Better go get my boy...

At uni today, my time is nearly up and I never got near my textbooks in the library -I've been setting up my wireless card from my laptop and checking out the on campus childcare facilities...they are ace! I hope Oscar likes it, or I'll be really stuck next semester when MIL goes away...I feel so growed up, organising childcare! Even though it's on campus and I can go see him whenever I want, it's still such a big move for us...people he doesn't know...I wonder how he'll get to sleep there!!
    Ok, my eyes hurt from looking at computers all day. Next time I hope to actually get to some text books while I'm here...
    Hope everyone is well!!

feeding Ty so one finger typing. and left hand when im right handed!
    he cut his 2nd tooth a few days after the first so been a bit out of sorts.
    he is not close to sitting but when holding him he is always using his tummy muscles to bring himself up!
    Jaspen- good luck today Im thinking pink for you!
    Mel- poor marley. i suppose sleeping it off is the best thing for her, Nixon seems to do that, atleast their not feeling miserable when they are sleeping.

Mel - Kai has also been sick but apart from the snot she seems to be getting better but may is down today and there has been chicken pox in her class so I hope she doesnt get it . Hope marley is doing better now..

Maya- well done for been a BIG girl mind you I too thing I would be scared stiff but he will do well and have lots of new friends to play with..

Jaspen- hope you get the 3 lines of a girl today !!!

Well my poor BHL is stuck 20 klm from home as yesterday he went to Townsville on a bus to buy a car and drive it back up so he almost made it home but a 11 pm the road at gordonvale was closed due to it been under water and now the town behind him is also under water so there is no way home and he cant track back he is just stuck until this rain goes but I cant see that happening so God knows whats going to happen now he is ment to be at work on friday!!!! I am so sick of this rain... The kids cant go to school as the road to school is flooded!!!

sorry have to go have a GF comeing over soon

Ok I'm back and still no BHL the river is steady and starting to drop but we have more rain plus a high tide on the way so he has decided to try to go up the range and hopefully get through I am soooooo worried I feel sick. The roads he is going up are very scray at the best of days let alone days like this they have many land slides and road could very well be closed up there as well... I just dont know what to do I am tring to " act " ok for the kids but all I really want to do is cry.. not that would help anyone.. It's going to take him about 4 or 5 hrs to go this way.. Argggggggg I hate this feeling of helplessness I wish there was someone to call who would be able to tell him the best thing to do stay or go but the bom web site and RACQ have only had one update at 10 am today and dont do it again until 4 today so all I can do is sit and wait... sorry cant think straight right now will come back and let you all know when he makes it home...Please God let him be ok....
    Last edited by New Dawn; March 5th, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

Jaspen just noticed that you are having a BOY congratulations

Now you with be just like that show with tim allen in it cant remember for the life of me the shows name....

Thanks Tali - yeh just got back - hadn't had a chance to post in here yet but yeh its definitley a boy. I know the show - Home Improvement wasn't it???? Hope your DH has made it home or are the levels still up???? We haven't had this band of rain down here yet - thankfully.

Thats the one!!!!

Nope BHL still cant get through he is now going the loooong way back to innesfail then up to the tablelands and down through mareeba then down the karanda range too home I hope

Just thought I would let you know that BHL is now home Gee I am so ready to leave here...

Tali I am glad BHL made it home

Hope Marley is better!! I am so not looking forward to Flynn getting sick.

DH didn't make it into the MFB - and he doesn't get to find out WHERE in the interview he messed up. The application process has been going on for over a year now and all he gets is a "sorry, no luck this time, try again next time, and by the way we won;t give you individual feedback" email.

There is a silver lining though (well, several). I get to go back to work without worrying about the whole part time career drain (which really sucks) - I am thinking about going back 3 days in April and then 4 in May, with a view to working up to full time by the time Oliver is 6-7 months old, if not before. And we won't have to deal with the whole two-people-working-shift-change juggle, and being a SAHD is safer than being a firey!

Oh girls it feels like ages since I posted but two kids is really full on. They are both great and healthy but I have so little spare time now. I really forgot how tie-consuming a newborn can be. I don't want to wish any of this time away (he is SOOOO cute at the moment) but at the same time I can't wait til he will just sit on the floor and chew on a block or something, and let me clean the kitchen in peace!

Better go - work tomorrow. Keep up the good posts, girls, it makes me feel like I'm home in here

Oh, Rory, sorry about DH not getting in this time round Just in case he didn't know, the CFA is recruiting another two times this year (from memory) and the Airport Fire Brigade is holding another recruitment after the one on Thursday (tomorrow) - I know this cos a mate of mine is trying for all of them (she knows she'll be knocked back - there's no '3 strikes and you're out' with them like the Mets - and she's aiming to improve on her beep test each time till she gets in! The CFA interview is the same though, they won't tell you where you need to lift your game 0 ambos as well. Usually it's to do with how they perceive the team work attitude, any 'hero' complexes (I know one guy who keeps trying, keeps getting knocked back and he has such a hero complex that he can't see it himself!), OR, the big one these days is that they are looking for someone with a second language or from an ethnic background or female as a priority - if you have one of these and you say you're willing to start out in Footscray, apparently you're a step ahead already! It's hard yakka. A friend of ours got in last year, after trying for Airport and I think he was on his last attempt.
    Ugh, I'm in 'firey' mode myself, just having got back from the station - we did a walk through of the police station, very interesting! But now I just want to find my nail file and get my nails short again...Oscar's done something with it...
    Tali - so glad he's home for you now! Yeah, just move down to Melbourne already!!
    Mel - how's Miss Marley now?
    Bath - I told DP that when we have our new walls, I want the doors to have much higher handles ... although Oscar does the 'drag chair to be taller' thing now...
    going to try to get to bed now...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast