Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #49

Tali - don't ever apologise. We all do our fair share of ranting and what better way to get something off your chest. How fantastic about DH's job, you won't know yourself having him home every night. Fingers crossed for you.

Maya - I will google the nail files to see what they look like. Got this picture in my head which is probably so way off LOL!!! I am so glad to hear Oscar enjoyed his first day at care. Must be a relief for you. Seriously, I think they have more fun there than at home. Were you at Caulfield for weekend school? I heard they had no air-con. That would have been awful. If you had them here, you could have my office for expressing, which is prob a bit nicer than what they give you. Its so disappointing that they don't get with the program on this.

Best get back to work.

Tali - I know exactly what you mean, then! Same here, I want to go for an age gap greater than two and a half years (DP thinks that's crap, but he's not the one putting out all the time!!), so it's not really my uni path that's getting in the way.
    Hung out with the girls this morning and had a good vent about DP. Still, I can't help but feel that I must come across as really bitter, cos they're friends with both of us. They do know where I'm coming from, though, which helps. I'm not bitter, just fed up with a few things!
    Gotta help out with this house now, so I might be back later
    ETA: just saw your post, Mel (bit slow off the mark!) - yep, no aircon at Caulfield...even after we were supposedly moved to a cooler room. It was horrible cos I can't think straight when it's hot (I can 'do' things in heat, just can't think!) and I hadn't done the reading, to top it off! Next semester might be at Clayton. I'm so sick of it and it really enhances the "why am I doing this" that reverberates through my head all day long on those days. I did befriend another student who wondered the same thing and will be giving Susan a call to manage her study load better - crazy lady was thinking of doing 3 units in one semester!! And she has TWO kids!
    Glass nail file - bees knees, let me say it again! My friend who gave it to me works at a jewellers and she can get me another one (she gets them at cost price plus 10%, which is about $6 cheaper than retail off the web or in a chemist!). They're from the Czech Republic, and you're nails will thank you once you start using one.
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; March 18th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.

Yes, I should be working but have been googling glass nail files - thanks Maya LOL!!!! They look fantastic, didn't realise there were so many sites selling them. Wonder if they are sold in any shops or chemists? One site had heaps of different ones, coloured, etched, even ones with bling!!!! Might need to get one myself, not that my nails are long.

Maya - must have been so hard concentrating in the heat. I think the mind is the first to go when it gets too hot. 3 units in one semester, is she nuts! So glad you convinced her otherwise. I had a couple of students wanting to finish early and do 3 units and I talked them out of it. My view is, its not worth rushing it just to finish. You pay alot of money for it, so rushing isn't going to give the best results. Thankfully they listened.

Leaving in 5 mins so better flyl!

Hi girls sorry such a long time between posts for me!

First up, WELCOME BACK KEL!! So good to see you

Maya I just read your post about DP and BF - I hope you can come to some resolution with him. Is he working ATM? Maybe he feels al little put out about the time you spend with Oscar? One thing I know - don't get on the resentment bandwagon with your DP - it is a real killer. I am only just starting to get off mine with DH, much to my discredit I kept it going for too many years.

Tali it is not dribble at all - we all have bad days. and hellloooo Facebook buddy

Mel I love your long posts

Howdy to Jaspen, Amanda (how DO you manage with 4!!!) and Nickers.

Well this was gonna be a big long post but I am just so busy - I am working 2 days a week and am about to ramp up to 3 next week with a view to being full time by June - better go Olllie is crying

All this talk of a glass nail file I want one too!!!! LOL my nails are only ever good when I am pregnant Its one of my early signs but I never realise until after I know Im pregnant then I look at my nail and think yep they are nice and hard and long ( maybe with my 4th I will notice beforehand) So let me know where you get them from so I will have to go find one... I am using polish ATM but it always fakes off...

Whats everyone doing for easter this weekend we arent doing much might go up to the tablelands and check out the waterfalls as they are all in full flo...

May has a easter hat parade tommorow she is very excited about it they have made their own hats and have made jelly for all the mummy's and daddy's to eat ( yeah lol) but I will take some photos and put them up in the gallery and FB...

Is anyone else's junie becoming really clingy as Kai is she screamed blue murder today when we picked up BHL ( very sad for him ) she wont let me out of her sight and wants me to carry her everywhere!!!! Please tell me this is happening to everyone and not just us LOL... Dont know how you girls with little babies are doing this having just my Big baby is hard enough....

Maya - it's each to their own but for me I wouldnt want it any other way I found that when I had May, Zayden was older enough to understand that I need to feed the baby and all that stuff as he was 3 he was happy to keep playing with his trains while I dealt with baby matters, Plus when I had Kai he was a great help as been 6 he could help me feed her ( she was a FF baby ) while I cooked dinner and dealt with May or even just new to give her a cuddle when she was crying and I was too busy ( BHL was away for the 1st 6 mths so Zay was my helping hand )

I really dont know how any for you manage with close gaps I dont think I could even do a 2 year gap ( I like only one in nappys LOL) but thats is all I know and you cope with what you are given, so for me I love 3 yr gap and I am really looking forward to a bigger gap for my last, So you just have to do what you feel is right for you what you feel you could cope with...

Tali - I totally get what you're saying. For me, in my own situation and in my head and what makes sense to me from what I read in my journey, my preferred age gap is what it is. Any smaller an age gap would be maladaptive for my situation. And glass nail files will change your world - try Dunklings.
    Just been to Booby Club and it was a nice injection for me I feel heaps better today, knowing I've got support in my friends there - you don't realise how important outside support is (even though I will tell people that outside support is very important!) until you need it!
    Oscar smells like poo, better attend to that...

Hi all, don't know how long this will end up been, still not feeling the best hoping it will past soon.

Rory I really have no idea how I cope with having 4, I think I just take each day at a time and see how it goes from there.

Tali not sure what we're doing for easter yet, most probably just play it by ear and see what pops up, maybe go to a park or something for a picnic or bbq.

Well I finished easter egg shopping today, haven't got them much as they're not use to alot of sweet stuff and it almost always takes them until christmas to eat them all.

hugs xoxo

Hi girls just stopping in to wish everyone a happy easter as we are going away tomorrow- got DH's great grannies 100th 0n saturday so heading up the coast for that and a bit of a beach holiday.

Started Liam on Losec on Monday and we are already starting to see an improvement so fingers crossed this is the break we nedded and the poor little mite can start to settle.

Rory - you are amazing! Working 2 days a week would not be easy with 2 young ones. I do tend to whoft a bit with my posts LOL!!!

Tali - just google glass nail files, there are heaps. Not sure what stores you have up there so you might need to get one off the internet. I will check out Dunklings, hope they are as nice as the bling bling ones online. Looking forward to seeing May's easter hat, how cute. Thankfully Marley is not clingy at the moment, but it changes all the time. One minute it's me she wants, then DH. I must say I like the bigger gap too. I think I would go a bit crazy with them so close together. Having one at school and one at home is so nice.

Maya - i read your other post about BF and DP. I am glad you have so much support from friends, sounds like you really need it. You know you have our support too. Bath, as always posted such a wonderful post responding to you and I'm sure you are well equipped for the challenge. Good luck with it as you do deserve that support and understanding from DP.

Amanda - still no better? You poor thing. We are going light with the easter egg buying too. Just a few little ones should keep them happy.

Ali - happy easter to you too and I hope you have a wonderful time away. Good luck with the losec. My bestfriend has her daughter on it and I hope it works for you.

Chelsea is coming home from school telling me all about Jesus dying on the cross. When I asked her why he died, she told me "Cause he was young"! Love how their mind works. They did the washing of the feet for the last supper and she was one that was chosen to wash her feet, which she thought was wonderful. She also got chosen as a class captain for the year with another boy. They got their badges today which they have to wear every day. She thinks she is pretty important now, and I am very proud that she got chosen by her teacher.

Work tomorrow, better go and get organised.

Rory just noticed you changed the ticker photo how cute your boys are!!!

Well BHL has just gotten himself the all time boys toy a huge BBQ with wok and everything else you could ever need in a BBQ I told him that from now on when he is home he can cook!!! Yippy wonder how long that will last... But we might be able to have a roast dinner yum we haven't been able to have them in a year as this house has a really bad oven that wont heat up..

I have put a few photos of may's easter hat up in the gallery and on FB if you want to have a look very cute all the kids were really well behaved and it was good to see quite a few Dads made it there aswell ( all still in work clothes so I dare say on their lunch breaks) It was really good to see May in class as well to see how she behaves she sat right up close to her teacher and was watching her every move expecally when it came to the teacher claps which I have found most schools use, but she did them very well.. She was very happy to show off her daddy to everyone...

Well not much else here hope to go up to the tablelands tomorrow but we will see how the kids are and what the weather is doing... Kai is still been a royal pain in the bum so I am hope she will get over it soon dont hold up much hope though she is already throwing herself onto the ground so I will have a big tandy thrower very soon she had a good try at the shops the other day all I could do was sit a watch her until she choose to stop which took a good 10 mins.... Gotta love 2 yrs olds!!!!

HAVE A HOPING GOOD EASTER

Tali - her easter hat is so cute and looks the most colourful out of the others you can see in the background. Hope you manage to get away tomorrow, fingers crossed! Gotta love a roast on the bbq, keeps the heat out of the house and makes a yummy roast.

Been a busy few days so far. Took the kids to the sand sculpting display at the Frankston foreshore yesterday and it was fantastic. If any Melb girls are interested, its on until 6 April and well worth a look. Chelsea made a coloured sand bottle and got a bag of easter eggs. The highlight of the day was we saw Hugh Jackman and his wife and kids there. He is so hot!!!!! Looks even better in the flesh and is so buffed as he has just finished filming is lastest movie, Wolverine. I was standing right next to him, but didn't want to bother him for a photo. Not many people realised it was him, he had a beard, sunglasses and hat on. DH went up and shook his hand, said hi and had a quick chat. He was so nice and friendly and he did pose for a few pics before they left. Had a huge day in the garden today and Marley was trying to help. We would put weeds in a bucket, she would take them out! We gave her another bucket and she started to help, she even managed to get a few in the bucket.

Hope everyone and their families have a lovely Easter Sunday and I hope Easter bunny is generous to all of you!

Better go start hiding eggs!

HAPPY EASTER JUNIES AND FAMILIES!!!

Went out to see a movie with my longest-time friend (since year 10) and then dinner (just got back). We saw Run Fat Boy Run, a bit of a laugh, not really my kinda movie but the escapism was great. DH dealt with the kids... watched a bit of the footy (can't believe I've scored winning tips for every game played so far this weekend - AFL BB tips). Will be going to church tomorrow after the kids' egg hunt then to the footy.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

O my Goodness Mel I dont think I could have contained myself so well I think I might have been a big drooling mess if I ran into Hugh Jackman LOL you should have asked for a photo!!!! I am very glad he is what he seams he always looked very down to earth...

We went to the sandsculpting display a few years back now but it was down near rosebud ( I think ) but it was great and really want to go again so will have to next year...

Well the kids have a seen there easter eggs ( they got way too many BHL could stop buying LOL ) have had a few eggs and are now riding their bikes like the loonys they are lol

Have a great easter day

Happy Easter everyone! And I mean that in whatever way Easter means something to you For me, it means everyone's either at home or away, but not at work!
    No Easter eggs at our place, thank goodness - it's bad enough I have got Oscar onto choc hazelnut spread (Aldi, not Nutella - I still have Nestle issues!), without having him string out and drive me nuts (on a sugar high) while I'm supposed to be studying. I'm hoping to avoid chocolate for another 12 months...we're nearly two years down without a chocky habit
    My parents left this morning for NZ to see my sister - she doesn't know that my dad decided to go as well, so she's in for a nice surprise. My dad has anxiety over money, for the sake of being anxious over money, not cos there is none, and he finally let go of it to go and see her and his granddaughter. We'll have a video conference later, now that I have my webcam.
    Mel - the sand thingy sounds great - we're heading down to the peninsula next Sunday, so it sounds like a goer! And bonus to see a nice celebrity there.
    Nice day down this way - so glad burning off is not allowed on Sundays anymore!! The house is starting to take shape, as we get ruthless with things in the kitchen and other rooms. Lots of stuff going to charity. The Tupperware I took from my mum has just about all gone back (except the stuff she expressly said I could have!), because there is precious little room for the new stuff I've been getting...and I want my new stuff!
    That reminds me -
    Nic - I'm not Tupperwaring for Evolution anymore, I'm off the books there. I AM, however, in the friendship club at Platinum now No more 'distance from distributorship' issues and I can go to the meetings without having to be away from my family for 5 hours (read, away from breastfed child who keeps my boobs from exploding in the evenings!). It's a hell of a lot easier on me to conduct my business, especially when I can pick up my orders on meeting night (or swing by and buy anything I've forgotten, over the counter!). I like cheap Tupp too much to quit it all together!! How's it being a manager now? They tell us that it's so easy to have a family and be a manager...is it really true??
    Amanda - no camping this Easter? Are you still feeling crap?
    Tali - BBQ sounds awesome!!
    Rory - I'm imagining what it must be like to already have your qualification so that you can just pick up or drop days at work - one day I'll have the option of 'going back to work'!! Right now, as my semester is slowly starting, it seems like a lifetime away...
    Things have improved with DP quite a bit. We're not bickering this week, probably in direct proportion to the tidiness of the house and kitchen (we've been making special effort in that area to keep the kitchen clean). I ALWAYS feel like life is more bearable when the kitchen is workable!
    Well, better get back to said housework - I'll put in some time and then get to my books...maybe I should do it the other way around while Oscar sleeps...

Maya no, no camping this easter, and I'm starting to have some good moments now as well as the bad, so that's a great thing.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE.

I hope everyone is having a great day, the boys have gotten their eggs but haven't had any yet, I was good this year and only got them a few, so that they can pace themselves as they don't get a lot of sweet stuff. I got some carmel kisses and fruit and nut noughut, plus some chocolate.

As I was saying I'm starting to have a break for a few hours from the constant nausea, so I hoping that in the next few weeks it will be gone for good.

hugs xoxo

Happy Easter my dear Junies!!!

Only a quick post from me as I am trying to get this house into order so I can start taking things around to mums. I have all the kids beds apart and out the front, now just have to start to pack the clothes...If you can't tell we are moving!

Long story.
    After our Real Estate agent pushed her way through the house, we got some advice from Consumer Affairs who advised us to just write everything down and then if they tried anything else to contact C.A again. We received a letter telling us that they were going to do another inspection 3 weeks after the last one and we said that was it. We organized with C.A if they tried to come in we were to say no they couldn't come in and take it from there, but they decided to offer us another house instead. It's a 3 br, but they are big rooms, and its set out much better than this one! It's about the same distance from the school, but its closer to mum.
    We move on the 1st April..or around that date!

Tali - they used to the sand castle display in Rye, this is the first year its been at Frankston. It was a great location so hopefully they keep it there.

Maya - Chelsea is not really a big choc fan, which suprises me as her mother is LOL!!! Marley had her first taste this easter and she did enjoy it. I suppose one of them was bound to take after me. I find things seem so much better when you have a clean house. And you are right, esp the kitchen. Having an open plan kitchen means I have to keep it tidy as we live in there and I couldn't stand to see the mess. I am a bit of a neat freak sometimes, much to DH's annoyance!!! Hope you managed to get some study done, having a week's break is good but I bet there is still alot of work to do. Great news about your Tupperware being closer to home now.

Amanda - fingers crossed that the coming weeks mean no more m/s. Caramel kisses sound pretty good!

Jess - sounds like the new house is great, good luck with the move next week.

There is a great storm outside, I can't believe its finally raining and raining hard. We spent all day Sat in the garden. We ripped out a whole garden bed and moved the plants to other areas of the garden. I have been madly bucketing out water each day to make sure they survive. Hopefully this rain will do them good and they won't die. Spent the day with the SIL's family yesterday which was fantastic. They live on 6 acres with horses, goats, sheep and chickens. Kids loved it, Marley especially liked the pony. They did an easter egg hunt, then road some little 4 wheeled motorbikes. Just spent today doing all the washing I hadn't done over the past few days. Thankfully it was a good drying day today. At work we get tomorrow off as well so I am taking Chelsea and one of her friends to see Horton Hears A Who so that should be fun.

Off to go raid the cupboard for more chocolate LOL!!!!!

Did any off you Melb girls get any flooding ( and here I was thinking that I was moving away from all that stuff lol )

Maya have to say I havent been that good as all my kids eat chocolate and all the other bad [email protected] too but not too much and they are all heathy so far ( they teach so much about heathy food in school DS is almost to scard to eat anything that might be "Bad" for him as it might make him fat which I think is a bit sad) But must say both May and Kai arent that big a chocky eaters which is good but poor Zay cant help himself lol ( just like BHL)

Amanda- glad that your M/S is starting to go now its the main thing that makes me re-think the whole 4th baby thing but its always worth it in the end and then some how we manage to forget we ever had it...

Well we ended up doing nothing for the whole weekend which Peed me off a bit but we had to clean up the house and garden we ended up feeling 2 skip bins so a fair bit is gone, its just hard as even though we have a fair bit of time before we move BHL only hast 3 more weeks at home before we go and one of those weeks we are camping and then the last 2 my parents are going to up...So not much time really...

We found out that the Navy wont move us home which makes me so mad why did BHL bother giving 12 yrs to his country if they wont even help us out now I would never recomend anyone to join up they just dont care about the people or there familys...But we will just move oursleves we are going with U-Pack-It as they are the cheapest $ 3000 plus $900 to ship the car so we might get there for about under $5000 with storage...Now I just have to play the waiting game I want to start to pack a few things but know that it is way to early for that but I might have to go through all our winter stuff and see what we have and what we dont as BHL is wanting to take about 4 weeks to get down camping all the way so I know that we will be blooming freezing but we might be semi climtised by the time we get down there ( but I am going to make him get a little heater that I can plug in when we are in the camper )

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast