Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #49

Good morning Nic: hey congrats on your new home! how exciting! And thanks for the heads up on Julia, wish her all the best and tell her we'd love her to drop in and tell us all the details! would love to see how our first Junie baby is going (photos) too!

Tali - yeah Epping is not that flash! It will be nice if you could be around your sisters. Like Maya said, there are heaps of schools in the area both public and private. I will PM you a link to a great site with regard to finding schools. I have been doing alot of work with the Department of Education recently and this site should help you. I agree with Maya, Ringwood East/North are really pretty and Warrandyte (very foresty, if that's a word!!). Now the hunt for the house begins, good luck and I have fingers crossed you find something soon. What's happening on Bold? Haven't had a chance to watch it for weeks!

Nic - how scary hitting the kangaroo! Were you ok? Julia was before my time I think. But how exciting for her. Was her first a premmie? Marley is definately not scared by her fall, she is such a dare devil! I thought it might have made her more wary, but no.

Speaking of dare devil behaviour, I meet some GF's at a play centre on Tuesday and it had one of those huge climbing things that goes up on lots of levels, with stairs going everywhere. Marley was playing near the bottom of it, then one of my GF's said, look where Marley is. She was at the very top!!! She must have been so quick. She was waving at me from the top, then started to get a bit freaked out as she didn't know how to get down. I asked Chelsea to go and help her which she started to, then said no, she's a big girl she can get down herself! Great big sister - NOT! Thankfully one of my GF's daughter (who is 6) did a wonderful job of helping her down. Makes we wonder what is going to happen in a few years time. Hopefully Chelsea will be more helpful as Marley gets older because at the moment, she couldn't really care.

Took Chelsea and her friend bowling on Wednesday, which was hilarious. They had a ball and did well with their little ramp to help push the ball down.

Got the wedding tomorrow and thankfully it's going to be sunny YEAH! Well lets hope so anyway.

Better get back to work, but I have the munchies. Time to raid my snack cupboard LOL!!!

Mel thanks for the web site details will have to look it up later on...

Now I just have to sit and wait and see if and when we find a house not much we can do until we get down there though as we need to view the house first before we can apply( or should I say the real estate have to view us!!! ) Feel like I am going mad thinking about it all the time and BHL who is normally the rock who tells me that all will be ok is also starting to worry about the move but more because of money than anythink else... Has said a few time that I will have to get a job but as I have told him I have no skills so the money I would earn working in retail wouldnt cover the payments for 2 in daycare as May cant go to prep now until next yr ( she's a may baby) I can see BHL only staying there for a very short time until he finds himself a better paying mining job again...

Tali - if you were to get a job you'd be working for the childcare costs! It will work itself out - it always does, chicky. Thinking of you

Tali - ditto what Maya said. Try not to stress too much.

Wedding yesterday was fantastic, probably one of the most fun weddings I've been too. The bride looked amazing, a very unusual vintage dress which just suited her perfectly. For the bonboneire (sp?), they made everyone a compilation CD of all these great songs, and called it their Wedding Mix CD. They then played most of them during the reception, it was the best music and such a great mix - Glenn Miller Band, Bee Gees, Michael Jackson, Van Morrison. They made CD covers and the theme of the wedding was Ferris Wheels (as that's where he proposed), so they had a ferris wheel on the cover of the CD and a ferris wheel on the wedding cake. Best food I have ever had at a wedding and great venue. We danced the night away and my new shoes didn't hurt - bonus! For those on Facebook, I have put some photos on there plus some recent ones of the girls.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'm looking forward to the sunshine this week.

I know, Mel - how awesome is the forecast?? Woo Hoo! We've been making the most of daylight savings in the last week and going for twilight walks, and I think that can continue cos the weather's too nice to stay at home all evening. Your photos are just lovely, BTW!
    Ali - how's things going with you?
    It's late and I have to be at uni early tomorrow (whose bright idea was it to have morning sessions for childcare??) Might take Oscar to the uni pool afterwards...he'll definitely sleep on the way home, then!
    Happy, happy sunshine!!

Mel sounds like you had a great time at the wedding, I will be checking out the photos when I get out of here mind you my computer hates FB always disconnects and trys to re-connect to dial up very annoying...

Thank-you all for the support, I feel like all I do on here at the moment is complain but alway feel your support so thank you it just hard moving and not doing it with the defence I never realised how easy they made it...

So we will be leaving on the 1st of May and then I will be stanying at my mum and dads until we find a house so will be of line for a while, and BHL will be staying with my sister in Kilsyth so he will be closer to work.. My parents are flying up here tonight so they can fly the cat down with them which is a huge help..

Tali, your parents sound like gold - flying up for a cat? Mine would never do that! Don't forget that you can go to your local library (and I'm sure there's one at Inverloch!) to use the internet there...and it's broadband, so no disconnections for the whole hour you book it for! So please don't go offline for too long!! Hey, thinking of you and your move and we will definitely have to have a 'Welcome to Melbourne' catch up when you get yourselves settled
    At uni now, not studying, cos I"m naughty. I went to park the car after dropping Oscar off, and walking back to the union building (oops, not allowed to call it that anymore) I had to walk past the back gate...the eagle eyed kid saw me and dragged a staff member to the gate as I hurriedly walked past. She probably thinks I was spying on him and is cursing that I disturbed him just as he'd settled down!
    Beautiful day - might buy some apples on the way home and visit the pony with the boy (he needs his light rug taken off for the week).
    Meanwhile, I've got a text book open in front of me...

I know I am very very lucky, but I think that they are just so happy that I am moving their grandkids down near them... That and mum just loves Cairns and wanted to get one last look before we leave plus my sister found them really cheap flights...

I forgot that I can log on at the library!!! I will have to do that ( if only to get sometime for myself...)

Thats funny that Oscar spoted you. He must be on the look out!! dont worry about what the girls think thats their job to settle down kids, I am sure he would have been fine after a little bit, he would have just seen you and thought it was pick up time, wouldnt you just love to have there no perseption of time... Maybe then I wouldnt realise how quickly my kids are growning up.. Its Zaydens 8th birthday on the 10th so sad how can my baby be 8 and more to the point how can I be old enough to have a 8 yr old LOL

Better go being very rude as mum and dad are sitting on the couch...

Hi all, I'm having trouble with my internet connection at home so am at the library.

Started to feel movements last week and had a check up today and am measuring at 14 weeks so the Dr is still thinking it might be twins so will have to wait and see until the scan on the 30th of May.

Better go time is nearly out.

hugs xoxo

Amanda: twins! Did I miss something? How exciting!!! Hope your connection is up again soon so you can tell us more!

wow amanda! thats great u are feeling movements. wow 30 May seems so long away to find out if its twins or not? my doc used to have an ultrasound macine in his office, although it wasnt as good it was good to get to see bub each time.
    hows the m/s easing up any?

OMG Amanda how exciting but what a wait until 30th May. You'll be jumping out of your skin by then!!!!! Can't wait to hear the news if it's 1 or 2.

Hi Junie-ladies

Had to come in to tell you all first that number 3 is a GIRL!!!!!!! I can?t believe it! I was so expecting another boy. I had had an inkling that it was a girl but I didn?t know if it was just wishful thinking. We had the most amazing scan, the lady was brilliant and talked me through everything and finally told us after much checking that she hadn?t missed ?anything? that it was a girl. She is very sure as we had a very good view ? as if she was sitting on a glass table and there was definitely no meat and 2 veg there! We also got some amazing 4d pictures which ill post as soon as I get the disk which is being sent as she didn?t have time to burn them there and then. I have sat with my mouth open for most of the journey home, I just can?t believe it ? now I can?t wait for time to tick around to when mum and dad wake up in England so I can tell them as I know mum will be exstatic ? god the amount of pink that will be crossing over the world will be huge!

We had a great weekend away when mum and dad was here ? without kids! The first time id ever been away from them. I was so nervous but they didn?t seem to mind although Will wouldn?t come near me for a couple of hours when I got back so I think he was a little peed off that id deserted him. It was so lovely being able to go out for meals at night and just be able to go to different wineries (as the driver ? doh!) and be able to pop in and of the care every few minutes to look at things if we wanted without haing to drag kids out! I think it will be along time before we get that chance again!

We had an interview at the school where we wanted to send the kids and fortunately got offered a place so im very relieved. Its only 5 minutes walk away and is an Anglican private school but is low fee so hopefully the bank wont be too broken. They teach from kindy right through to year 12 and it only opened last year so is all spangly and new. We really liked the headmaster and his thoughts and ideas about how the school is run so I think we should be reallt happy with them there. He took us round and showed us everything and we must have been there an hour!

We?ve had an alarm fitted to our house and a chap is installing security screen this very minute over all the doors so we will feel lots safer in the house and be able to have all the doors open most of the time to let the breeze in which is great.

Will finally do some personals - have a month to catch up on ? so very behind the times!

Ali ? great news that Liam is sleeping better and the losec is working ? that was the only thing that worked with Will?s reflux. Wow at Tori knowing her Colours and shapes! Will talks great but doesn?t know any of those things yet.

Misskel ? hi, im relatively new to the Junies and have only been around a year so haven? seen your twins ? wow ? pmsl at their granny naming them search and destroy! Good luck with production of the next masterpiece(s).

Mel ? yes ill post belly pics although they might be clothed ones as I have abit of a grim looking tummy with huge stretch marks and a saggy blobby bit at the bottom from the previous two. You must be so proud of Chelsea getting chosen as class captain, that?s great. Can?t believe you were just walking around the sand sculpture thingy and saw hugh Jackman! That?s great that he had a quick chat with your hubby. I don?t think ive ever seen anyone famous in the flesh but then I?m so slow on the uptake sometimes that I think Madonna could walk into me and I wouldn?t realise it was her! Glad you had such a good time at the wedding ? your photos on fb are amazing ? you looked so nice in your new dress (not that im saying you don?t look nice normally but you know what I mean haha!).

Amanda ? hope you are feeling better soon. Will pass some pink vibes your way so I hope you get your princess too. How?s Cody?s toe doing? Yay at being able to feel those first movement ? its so precious! Eeek at possible being twins!

Tali ? HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAYDEN! ? Hope he has a lovely day! How?s BHL?s huge bbq going? Hope he?s cooked you up some storming dinners on it already. Must look you up on fb ? im hopeless! Did you got up to the tablelands? I used to love gong there when we wree in Townville. We used to stay at this amazing place called possum valley which you had to drive about 2km down unsealed road to then you were just in the middle of rainforest, no sign of any other human, no mobile reception and no tv ? it was so peaceful. The cottage (2 very separate so you didn?t see the other guests) had a big damn in front of them with platypus in. We always saw a tree kangaroo when we went to as it was so isolated ? usually the same one I think as it was in the same tree but it had a baby with it one time ? so cute! Ouchy at your moving costs! Have to admit that ours were double that from Townsville to Perth but then we weren?t paying so didn?t worry too much. Saying that we paid nearly $1000 just to move 40 minutes down the road here and that was with me doing all the packing! Congrats on BHL getting the job in Melbourne and huge Yay that he?ll be home every night!

Jess ? how did the move go? Hope you are all settled in now.

Maya ? ouchy at Oscar dropping a can of food on his toe! ? how is his nail ? did it go black? Wow at him performing on the potty already!

Nic ? huge congratulations on the house purchase, it sounds a great place. Wow at Tyron being able to sit already! He?s growing so fast, Will was over 9 months before he could. Not long now till Nixon?s 2nd birthday ? have you made any plans?

Bath ? thanks for my new belly on my Av ? looks quite realistic! If only my face looked like that hehehhe.

Rory ? don?t know how you manage to work and have the kiddies! I did it when I had one but not 2 ? I just can?t imagine when ill be able to get back to it! Love your ticker picture of the boys, they are so handsome!

Hello to anyone I?ve missed. Better go and do something (or more than likely surf more!!) before the boys wake up

Julie x

Oh Julie, how fantastic!!!!!! A little princess joining the family. Congratulations. Get ready for the onslaught of pink things, but they are so cute though. Great that you got such a good scan, can't wait to see pics. I am so glad you enjoyed your time away, it must have felt so nice having that free and easy life (even if only for a weekend!!!!) again. You guys deserve it. The school sounds great, and low fees is good. I loved the FB picture of the boys dressed up, they looked very cute, who could refuse them. You and I must have the same belly LOL!!!!! I wouldn't be taking any skin shots of myself either but clothed ones are good. Re the dress - I know what you mean. I don't normally look that glammed up (wish I did LOL!!!).

Chelsea has her first sports day tomorrow, so DH is going along to watch. She is very excited about it and won't tell us what she is doing, apparently it's a surprise! Marley is going so well at creche now, she waves excitedly and says "bye bye" when I leave. Puts a big smile on my face when I leave to know she is so happy. The carers just love her too and being the littlest one there, they take extra special care of her.

Better go and get my bum into gear and get ready for work tomorrow.

Hi to everyone, especially those MIA for a while. Hope you are all well.

Nic- We have the most fabulous view of the mountains! We can see Buller and Buffalo and if we look hard enough we can even see Falls Creek!

We are all moved in, final inspection was today, passed with flying colours.

Now, it's just sorting things out, the shed out the back in full with stuff! Its so hard moving a 4br into a 3 br, so I think I need to turf some stuff!
    The kids absolutley love the new place, bit further to school but more exercise. I am really getting annoyed with a 3 yr old who thinks that she doesn't need to sleep!
    Better go ladies

Just a very quick congratulations to you Julie a baby girl !!!!

Now you life wont ever be the same again little girls come out know who they are!!!! lol

have to go as we are going to Green Island today as it was big boys 8th birthday yesterday very happy and sad all at the sametime just cant believe my baby is 8!!!

Has anyone else noticed the new smiles they are all so cute!!!

this one a fav so I thought I would shower you all in love today lol

Congratulations Julie on your precious little girl!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast