Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #50

Any time, Bath - was particularly thinking of you in the last week and a bit. Well, you're not going to forget to get into French mode as long as Niall knows what he wants!! How funny and cute! I caught up with my long-lost friend today and we got talking about our second languages, saying what a shame it is in the people we know who weren't taught their parents' languages - it's this great, invaluable resource that doesn't get shared. I can see how it would happen to people my age and their parents - assimilation pressue meant that a lot of migrants thought they'd disadvantage their children by 'hanging onto' the originating culture and language. Oh, how that's not so!!
    Mel - your post reminded me of the new fairy shop up here, and I only had time to PM you quickly and without full sentences, sorry! I can just see Miss M getting away with murder for being cute when she's being treacherous!
    Took Oscar to the city today by train to catch up with my great friend from the past (don't want to let go of her ever again!) and he wasn't 100%, so he fell asleep in the end and was asleep for about 2 and a half hours. On the way back he wanted to get off at every station, saying "Oscar's turn"!! As well as saying "Chao, hombre" when people got off the train. I can't believe how chatty he has become, it's such a burst of language expression that I'm thinking my reading him poetry as a newborn may be paying dividends!
    Have to rush away again, going to visit a new baby Does anyone remember my experience over New Years' where DP left me in the lurch to pick up my own pieces after being told to leave by our friends' wife who became paranoid? Well, it's her and her baby. Here's me doing my usual thing of hoping the friendship is still salvagable...and hoping in our case babies really can be healing...I'm such a pathetic optimist sometimes...

yes i do remember that incident Maya, hope its not another repeat performance of that day!let us know, maybe she will change her ways after having a bub of her own.........here's hoping!
    your being super nice though to still go visit her, a lot of other ppl wouldnt bother so good on you

Hi girls, I can't believe how long its been since the last post! I remember when it used to fly thick and fast. We all must be alot busier now.

Chelsea lost her first tooth yesterday. It was all very exciting. It has been lose for a while but very wobbly yesterday and I think she swallowed it while eating strawberries!!! She came over to talk to me and I noticed it gone. She was worried that the tooth fairy might not come if there was no tooth...thankfully the tooth fairy was clever enough to know and leave her $1 under her pillow

Marley had photos taken at creche a few weeks ago and we got the proofs back last week. They are fantastic, he really did a great job of capturing her personality.

We are off the Melbourne Show on Saturday. Hoping it might be a little quieter being grand final day (fingers crossed!!!). Weather is not looking too good but I hear there is plenty to see and do undercover.

On a BOO HOO front. I opened the mail yesterday to discover not one but TWO speeding fines! Both for me and on the same day making me $282 poorer. I have been driving for 16 years and never had one fine, but this certainly makes up for it. Both were only a little over (5-6 kms) but speeding all the same.

Maya - thanks for the details on the fairy shop, will definitely head up and have a look. How did the visit with your friend go?

oh no Mel @ fines on the same day thats unlucky!! do you think you could write a letter, maybe get out of one?????
    i got a fine in melb and had never had a fine before (not in VIC anyway!!) and got off it, but any after the first they wouldnt.

AMANDA- how are you??? where are you???? only a few weeks left!!

friends of ours (my boys godfather) had a little baby boy yesterday, named him Chase! cant wait to meet him and we have Nixon's hearing test at the same hospital tomorrow so might get to pop in.

Our BOO HOO- seen accountant today re 07/08 tax and have to pay back family assistance plus interest from the deposit money we had when we sold our house in melb...not happy cause numerous times i questioned the payments we were getting but they just kept saying we were entitled,

Good afternoon girls... got a headcold here (the boys have as well) but otherwise all is fine. Lovely day for drying nappies! I've started to use fabric ones again now that there seems to be enough of a chance of getting them dry without the house looking like a Chinese laundry.

Mel: Oh poor Chelsea losing her tooth! My boys have been into the strawberries too lately... no chance of using them for cooking (I wanted to make a flan) they are gone before I can blink. Eeek at the speeding fines!!! DH copped two in a row once... up in Brisbane... we were on holidays and borrowing my mother's car (she was very unimpressed) but they were all around 5-6km over too.... and it seemed like up there they actually "trick" you by having about 20 speed zone changes within about 20kms! It was ridiculous!!! DH didn't bother appealing ... he acknowledged that he probably was actually speeding and we didn't want to complicate things for mum. But you have my sympathies!

Nic: I just re-sent Astrolady your avvy.... I didn't hear from her but she has it now... hopefully she will upload it soon!

Hello to everyone my boys are constantly in the 'fridge... better get them out... they eat allll day... doesn't matter if I give them a big breakie.... they just keep asking for snacks all day... driving me nuts but I guess i can't complain... i'm a grazer too.

I'm still here, still plodding along. My BP is behaving itself this time around and I've started taking RLT this time to hopefully tone my uterus a bit as it always needs the midwife to push on it to help stem the bleeding. Also very tired and boys started school holidays this week so even more tired as I can't have as much rest. But on the upside my mum has come down for a week to help with the boys, so they are enjoying having her here.

Mel wow Chelsea is getting big, it's always a sign when they start to lose their teeth.

Nic I hope that Nixon's hearing test goes well tomorrow and yay on the arrival of your friends baby boy.

hugs xoxo

Amanda - school holidays must be a nightmare for you at the moment. Definitely no rest you poor thing. Great news with your BP. Enjoy having your mum to help out, maybe take yourself off and do something nice for you?

Bath - strawberries never last long in my house and thankfully they have been cheap and I've been stocking up! I go through a punnet or more a day. I go to the cupboards more than the fridge (no chocolate in the fridge LOL!) and Marley cannot open the fridge, yet. I can't believe how much food I have been going through since Chelsea has been on holidays. She wants to eat all the time. Thanks for the speeding sympathy, still getting over how much I have to pay ARGGGGHHH!

Nic - I thought about trying to get off but the chances might be slim with 2 of them
    You can usually get off if you haven't had one before. Maybe I should ask DH to take one, and I write to get off the other? How did Nixon's hearing test go? Congrats to your friend on baby Chase (cute name). That does suck about having to pay back money, they always seem to stuff things up. They gave my GF over $7,000 in payments and she earns too much to get any payments. She rang them and they said, oh well just wait and see if we chase it up????? They are such twits sometimes.

How is everyone else?

I am a bit disappointed with the weather today, where is the sunshine and 25? Was hanging my washing out at 6am this morning and it better not rain later today.

DH has been away with work since Wednesday and I must say that I have actually enjoyed the quietness and how clean my house has stayed. He comes back tonight so no doubt the mess will follow. Chelsea can't wait for him to come back.

School holidays are going well so far, with one week down already. Chelsea is at my GF's today so I am sure she is having fun. Marley is still cheeky but her carers at day care just adore her nature and so do I.

We go down to an Indian restaurant every second Friday for lunch, and its time to go - YUM!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Oh I'm just posting for a bit of a whinge... as well as constantly being in the 'fridge my boys are constantly trying to escape!!! No matter how many times i try to tell Wade not to open the front door he still does... and then sure enough i find both him and Niall flying down the street on their scooter cars or running It's getting beyond a joke!!! And when they aren't out the front they are squeezing through the old decrepit fence palings... I am constantly finding Niall NEXT DOOR!!!! Good grief. I reckon it's because there's two of them!!! They are egging each other on to be naughty and naughtier!!! Either they are committing crime together or they are fighting these days.... one or the other! I swear a single child doesn't get up tp this much mischief!

So I have booked them BOTH into childcare!!!

Well... for half a day.... next Monday. I can't wait!

"where are they now???"

Amanda: rest up as much as you can darl.

well nixon's appoint went well yest all up we were there for 2hrs so i had plenty of toys to keep him entertained and he PASSED his hearing test! but doc hasnt ruled out grommets as he still has fluid on his ears. he will look in his ears on op day, if there is fluid he will make a small incision, if its watery he will just drain. if its thick and gluey he will drain and then insert grommets so wont know till he comes out of it on the day.

oh no Bath is this what i have coming up my boys doing the escaping.... i have just recently started locking the front door cause if Nixon wants to he can open it now, also to my dissapointment my almost 4yr old neice showed me how she can open the bathroom door if she needs to go to the toilet(only have it shut cause Tyron is obsessed with the bathroom) but the handles are really high so thought its great for kids not to open and shut things!

yay on hitting 37weeks Amanda! it would be very exhausing with all the boys home, hope your mum helps heaps so u can get some rest

Well as its school hols have been at my parents place for awhile which was great to be able to take the kids to the beach every day the loved it.... Takes a bit of to be able to get on here ATM...

Well we went to the show and had a great time we went with my Brother and his Girls it was so good to see the cousin all get along so well and keep each other entertained... we were there for 6 hours and all but an hour Kai walked dont know how her poor little legs did it, but she just wouldnt sit in her pram, has to be a big girl just like the others... I have put some photos on FB...

Well Kai is no longer a baby as she is in Knickers all the time now... Only has Nappies at night and most the time they are dry in the morning aswell.... Even at the show she told me she wanted to wee... I am so proud of her but all so a bit sad to know that my baby is growing into a young girl so fast....

Well on saturday I am going to have a dress fitting for my sisters wedding so I will have to post what I am going to look like once I have tried it on.... I just hope it fits.... but the worst part is it my future BIL mothers B'day and she has asked me to stay on for her party.... with the KIDS arrrrrrr they have NO kids in there family BIL is the only child I just will have to the winkies behave themselves...Plus I have to drive to my sisters house in Glen Iris I hate traffic thank goodness its a saturday....

Tali - was wondering where you got to!!! Glad you are having fun down the beach, nice weather today for the beach. You did so well at the show..6hrs! We went on Grand Final day and it was great, not too busy. We did 3 hours and that was plenty. It was pretty hot that day and I think the kids were stuffed after walking around. How good was the animal nursery? The old one was awful and really packed, you could never get near anything. Marley stayed in her pram for most of it, only got out for a ride on the gorgeous old carousel, which I loved going on too!! I saw your pics, they looked so good, esp the ones from the big ferris wheel. Chelsea was too scared to go on it. We stuck to our limit of 2 showbags and she was extremely happy with her Barbie Diamond Castle one! You are doing an awesome job with the TT for Kai. She has obviously picked it up well and understands it. Marley still sits on the toilet but no action yet. I have no doubt you will look gorgeous in anything for the wedding, you have such a great figure.

Bath - haven't had any experience with escaping kids. Could you ask the landlord about getting a new fence? I usually lock the front door and take the key out, just in case. Marley definitely can't reach it but Chelsea could. Must be a mad panic when they get out. How did childcare go for them on Monday? Hope you made the most of the some relaxing "me" time and didn't touch any housework.

Nic - thats great news about the hearing test. When is his op, soon isn't it?

How is everyone else going?

Finally the sun looks like it is making an appearance, hope it stays out for the rest of the day.

I had a gushing proud mummy moment this morning - I dropped Marley off at day care and when I was ready to leave I gave her a kiss and cuddle then the carer took her. The carer said "what do you say to Mummy" meaning say goodbye and Marley says "love you"! It sounded so gorgeous and she had the biggest smile on her face. I got in the car and drove to work with the biggest smile on MY face!

Have a great day.

I LOOOOOOOOOVE the 'I love you'! Does it get any better than that? Oscar's starting to say 'delicious' because I ask for kisses then I'll say 'I love you', then he'll say 'I love you more' (copying something I said to him ages ago!) and I gush about how delicious he is. Marley is delicious too!
    I went in to check on the enchanted Waterfall Garden, Mel and it's so awesome that I just want to be a kid again to have a party in there for ME! Worth checking it out because it's a great potential party venue. Average cost, apparently, is just under $300 for up to 12 kids (I think), with loot bags, fairy bread (what else?) and a bit of party food, pressie for birthday child, cake, prizes for each child, invites stationery, and the actor who plays the fairy for an hour and a half. I think that's pretty reasonable, myself, but I've not got any other exposure to party costs for kids!
    Tali - well done on making it to the show! My sister and I decided not to go because of the cost involved to have two very young children last a couple of hours before crashing! Next year Oscar might have better stamina. We went to the Doveton show instead and he lasted two hours and fell asleep by the time we left the carpark. Also, we'll be doing the Lilydale agi show for the animals - I'll know at least one exhibitor, so that's far more reasonable for Osc to endure. Still, can't wait to take him to the show! Kai IS a big girl for being in undies now! And at night, too, that's awesome!
    Oscar is pretty much in undies except for night, because he's still feeding at night. He now has his own bed. We bought a futon mattress for him and he took to it quite well. So now he invites me in at bedtime to snuggle and feed to sleep and we can leave him there. Then, he was getting out at about 1-2am and coming in with me. Except last night he finally woke at 4.20am and just as well because my left boob was getting to the firm stage of things! I really don't want him to sleep the whole night in his room (which till now was just his play room), but if it's what he's happy to do, then so be it. I wish I had longer to snuggle to him overnight, he seems determined to march on ahead into childhood without me!!
    Bath - how frustrating about the kids getting out!! I agree, it must be the partnership between the two. Oscar will get out of the side gate if he really wants to (bugger climbs up the bit beside the gate to unlatch it!) but mostly is happy to potter in the backyard. We have had no more episodes of finding him going up the road since last year. He doesn't like to be far away from us now, too, so that's helping keep him close by! I, too, would love to know how you went with childcare
    Better go, have to get some semblance of study done before I collect Oscar and see my sister and niece. Today is our last day with them before she heads off early tomorrow morning. They have been the best ever together - they're both old enough to enjoy playing together, even though they are both getting possessive over toys, and they are fixtures in each others' minds (keep asking for the other when separated etc). It will be even harder to tell him that she's gone this time, and it was only about 8 weeks since the last visit! I'm getting keener than ever to make it over there for about 10 days in November after exams...

Well it's decide we are on the move again back to QLD this time mooloolaba area ( the sunshine coast ) we will be moving back in Jan as BHL job is going even time so a week away a week home which is great that we will get to have hime home with us more.... But a sad to be leaving Family the soul reason for moving here is the 1st place....

We will head off after my sister wedding and will have to fly down for my other sisters wedding in March.... Mum and Dad are not happy but understand its what we have to do for our family and will try to come up each year, but we will still try to come down each yr for summer...

I have put some photos of me in the bridesmaids dress I will be wearing to my sisters wedding on FB and one in the gallery, I was very brave and managed to drive all the way to her house with out freaking out even when out of nowhere near stud rd on ramp the traffic came to a holt and was bumper to bumper for 10 mins and then disapeared again so werid its like it apears out of nowhere and goes just as quickly...

Anyway I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed yesterdays sunshine as we have lost uit again today in Melb cant believe it was hailing here today, talk about a wintery day in spring time but the rain has been very need down here so cant complain...

Maya - the Waterfall Garden sounds perfect. I am definitely going to check it out and I will let you know when I go up. I think $300 is very good for all that. How gorgeous that you get invited to share the bed with Oscar..so cute! But at least he knows he can sneak back into your bed.

Tali - wow on the move again. Your mum and dad must be a bit sad but will understand why you are doing it. I am sure the kids will enjoy being back up in the sunshine. No more hail!!! The Monash freeway is a nightmare due to the road works to widen it. You did an awesome job driving to Glen Iris as the roads leading there are pretty chaotic. The hail yesterday was awful and the cold. I might pack my bags and follow you

I am so looking forward to this weekend, lots of sunshine Well I hope so anyway.

Chelsea went back to school yesterday and couldn't wait. I think its great that she is so excited to be going to school (give her another 10 years and she will probably change her mind). Marley has started to become the climbing dare devil. We went to the local school playground on Sunday and they have lots of climbing things around. I was helping Chelsea onto the equipment and heard "hello mummy", looked around and Marley was probably about 5 foot off the ground at the top of this thing!!!! And she got up there so quickly. It wasn't an easy thing to climb with irregular footholds but she managed. She was waving when I looked around and I was trying not to look too freaked out. Chelsea looked over and told me that she would never climb up that, "its too high"!!!

My best friend from Brisbane is coming down in late October which I am very excited about. I am taking the week off work and have to start planning some activities to do. She has a DD 6 weeks younger than Marley so they will have plenty of fun.

Hi to everyone else, hope you and your bubba's are happy and well.

Good morning girls... just about to fly out the door to take Wade to kinder... but I just uploaded a piccy of Niall and I. Hoobley recently made and sent me a necklace (to commemorate a recent loss) and I had to make a public thankyou... it was the sweetest thing. Piccy link HERE
    Regarding the 1/2 day in childcare; it didn't happen... Niall woke up that morning with a temp and green nose always the way... so had to cancel. Will try again soon. Thanks for listening to my last whinge girls.... things have settled down now. Love to you all

doh, i swear i did a decent post a few days ago where did it go???

anyway make this quick cause i need to go to bed.
    Thanks for my avater Bath how good does it look!
    Tyron's birthday party was today,was a good arvo, not too many kids or adults so was more relaxing, however in saying that i have been cleaning the house for 3 days and spent 3hrs on the cake thismorning......
    His bday is Tues and Nixon's op is wednesday, starting to get nervous for him, ive been too busy to think about it till now.

Nic: Good to see your new avvy finally up! I've been scarce in BB lately (mainly just flying visits) and need to catch up on a few avvy updates too... Jules: I haven't forgotten you!!! Mel: thanks for your comment in my gallery... that rainbow vest of Niall's has been worn by all my kids now... an old favourite that I will be sad to pack away... some clothes are like that aren't they? Rory: I've been thinking of your DH and his condition, hope everything has eased for him now. Maya: I think of your sig quote "procrastinating lactivist" daily LOL my weaning process with Niall is going veeeeery slowly. Posted a piccy of him having a feed last night in my gallery... everytime I feed him now (I only feed if he asks in a very definite manner!) I wonder if it's going to be the last time I ever BF... *wimper*. Tali: I thought of you during our 30'C Sunday! LOL hope you were a bit more comfy! Don't worry about the World Financial Crisis darl Everything will be fine... everything for a reason I guess.

Is any other Junie coming along to the Pregnancy, Baby and Child Expo this weekend??? (I am!) Free tickets seem to be available (I got mine from PlayGroup)... there's an Expo thread in the Meetup section of BB. I've been the last 2 years and it's been worthwhile.

ETA: just sent in your updated avvy Julie... bye bye preggy bump... hello Isla!
    Last edited by Bathsheba; October 13th, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Bath you do such a great job on everyones avater when ever I see the new ones you have done it makes me want toget one too.... But I know I cant just yet... Maybe one day good thing happen to those who wait well at lest thats what I was always told LOL....

Rory - how is DH doing dont forget if you need a 2nd opion let me know and I will get my brother to help you out...

Mel- LOL at Marley climbing Kai does it all the time best not to look I say as soon as you do it when they will fall... Cheeky little buggers if I had known that June bubs were this dareing I would have tried to hole on until July ( a very long wait for me but not impossable just would have been 2 weeks over )

Nic- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYRON

How fast has the year gone cant believe he is 1 already.....

Best of luck tomorrow with the Op I will have you all in my thoughts

Hello to everyone else

Well same old same old here I am starting to feel like this is all I every write...

BHL got the cranks with his boss last night and asked a pay rise LOL want have much chance of that with current price for zinc but you never know, he has just gotten sick of everyone asking him for help all the time as he is the only one how knows what he is doing ( as he is a perfectionest so has to know how everything works ) but they are all getting $15000 more than he is getting but they dont know what they are doing and ask him all the time, as they all know that he cant stand it been done wrong...LOL he would truly be a horid person to work with.... But the boss did say he would talk to the people higher up and see what they can do as they know he works bloody hard, and meny of them dont....

I am still worried about whats happening around the world mainly as I worry about BHL job as they start to cut back on people... Plus we have to move again so it will mean what little we have managed to save ( which is next to nothing ) will once again be taken away with the move.... I am starting to think we will never buy a house of our own and that we are desended to rent for the rest of our lives... I just hope the next house we rent the owners arnt having any money worries and wont have to sell... as I am sooooo over moving.... would like to stay in the house until we can buy our own when ever that may be...

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast