Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #50

Just a quick one for Ali, I mother always told me you will " Just know " when you are done as the sadness that sometimes comes when you are watching your children grow as they are growing too fast, and when you sometimes look at your youngest and think " I will never have a baby again" will too go, you will feel happy that your child is growing and that they are ready for the next stage.... iykwim....

I too struggle with this as we are very happy with our family of 5 but there is always something in the back of my mine that keeps pulling me to have a 4th child, so of course have all the same feeling I had when we were thinking about our 3rd, would I cope, will we all still be happy with the decion, would it be right for us ? I keep going back to the same old thing which is I dont feel DONE yet, I feel I still have love to give, I still feel our family is incompleat...

BHL is coming around to the idea lol as I alway meantion " when we have our 4 th baby" it seems to slip into the convsation each day...His thought have always been ( as he too was happy with our pidgen( sp?) pair) If I feel I could cope with another child in the house then its ok with him due to the fact that he works away from home alot....

Sorry for the ramble I hope some of it makes sence....
    So I live in hope that mum was right and you just know when you are DONE and feel happy and content... Otherwise I might have 10 lol just kidding I think I will be well and truely done with 4....That and with my jelous clingie little girl I have she would grow up been the worse " BABY " of the family ever you know the type of person I am talking about ....LOL

My baby sister is one BAD mum and dad are rapped around her fingers and she can do no wrong....

Good luck with going back to work tomorrow 5/6 are a bit different to the little ones I hope they are all nice to you and no one is too tall ( some at the school that Zay used to go to were taller than me!!!!!)

Jaspen - only 6 more sleeps!!! Are you getting excited or nervous? Has the name been resolved yet, I have been following your other thread. I am sure the boys will get the hang of being gentle with the baby (and with you too!). Enjoy your last few days and we'll all be thinking of you on 28th.

Ali - glad to hear you are all getting better, just in time for you to go back to work (good timing). Have you started back yet? If you have, hope its going well and those grade 5/6 kids are being kind to you. Re the fighting back, Marley fights back worse than Chelsea, but it doesn't seem to stop the fighting, just makes it worse with Chelsea in tears and yelling at Marley to stop! Liam will get his own back, they always seem to I am in the same predicament as you but my DH is so desperate to have another baby (he wanted 4 but that is not going to happen!). I don't think I am done yet, my mind still constantly thinks about having another baby, I still avidly read the birth notices in the paper to check out baby names! But, I love my life the way it is now, work is going great, the kids are settled so I wonder will I be rocking the boat to add to our family? Time will tell I suppose, but like Tali said, you will know.

Enigma - I must have arrived after you left, but welcome back!

Things are travelling along pretty good at the moment. It was DH's birthday yesterday so I made him a yummy chocolate cake complete with sparklers. Marley has got the hang of "hip, hip, horray" and kept constantly saying it while we were having dinner. She got very excited when it was time to actually sing it. I asked Chelsea what she wanted me to by Daddy and she came back with "tracksuit pants"! When I asked why she said "its winter, so it's cold and Daddy needs a new pair for PMP (he helps out every Tuesday at her school). She was very happy with the ones I chose and DH thought it was hilarious that she chose something like that for him. He was going to wear them to PMP today.

At work today so better get back to it. Hi to everyone

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE

Hope you have a wonderful day.

wow jaspen how exciting! the 28th is my mums bday so i will sure to remember your boys birthday!

i am at my sisters atm our internet is not connected back up yet.
    we are going well, the kitchen is 90% complete, its been hard living with reno's though thank god most of it was done before we moved! when i am back online i will upload pics to facebook.
    Hi Ewelina!

sorry ive had a quick read of your posts, i've got 4 kiddies under me atm so not much time!
    hope to be back permanantly soon!

Happy Birthday Julie Hope you have had a great day!!!!

Jaspen - I am keeping an eye out for your big anoucement not long to go now!!!

Still same old same old here gee I am becoming a boring person!! When I went to pick up zayden today from school Kai and May both walked their babies in prams it was just too cute.... would have been cuter if Kai would walk her dolly home but she did pretty well to walk all the way while pushing her pram, as she is normal a very crazy driver....

Well I have decide to give another meet up another go ( thanks to all your wards of incoragement) mainly because if I sit around this house any longer feeling down in the dumps I might very well go mad, plus BHL is flying out to work on Tuesday to again start 2 weeks out and one in so I know I will have to get over myself very soon....As a sad mummy is not a good mummy to be rasing winkies...

Have to tell you though I never realised how much the weather plays apart in how I am feeling as with all this cold and grey weather I have been feeling very low, but today with the sun out I have been feeling alot better so bring on spring so I can feel HAPPY again....

Happy Belated Birthday Julie - not long now until you meet your little princess.

Tali - glad to see you heading out to another meetup - hopefully you find this one more successful and beneficial

Hi Ewelina - nice to see you round - how is your little girl going??? Are you back in Australia these days???

Mel - I think we have a name - at last - nerves are still here even going into the arrival of number 3 - I can't believe that after all this time it is still nervewracking

Nic - hope they don't muck around finishing that last 10% of your kitchen and your renos are over and finished to be enjoyed.

Ali - how are the older kids going?????? I hope they don't have too much attitude and are treating you nicely.

Hi to everyone else - will check in with everyone when I'm back online in a week or so.

Anyway gotta go finish the last few things that need to be done before I head to hospital in the morning. Just thought I'd drop in and catch up a bit before. Hope everyone has a good week and will chat when I'm home with my new little boy.

ohhhh Jaspen i hope you have a lovely peacful sleep tonight! i look forward to hearing your little boy is in your arms and meeting his big brothers!!
    kitchen man coming in the morning to put the microwave cavity and a few last cubboards, other trades through out the week so i will pretty much be house bound most of the week while lots of things get finished yippee!
    tali- its so true re the weather, its something about the sun shining the birds singing to really boost your mood.

Jaspen I was thinking of you all day yesterday but couldnt get on site to wish you luck!!!

Just know you were in my thoughts and I hope all when to plan, now you just have to sit back and enjoy the time you have with just you and baby before all the real fun starts...

Well went to the other meet yesterday and I am happy to say it was much better than the last one... I think it was a bit easier this time as it was at the play centre where the girls just had fun... Mind you it was hard to watch Kai as she just went every where May went which included the big kid part up to the highest slides!!! Just better not to watch I think, as it turned out nothing " bad" happened anyway she just had fun, but she did get to the top of one and freaked out so may had to climb back up and help her down a different smaller slide....

Hi girls, esp Jaspen - hope all is well with you and your little man!

I am so sorry I haven't posted for so long girls - my work has a no posting on forums using work PCs rule and the keyboard we have at home is cheap and nasty so it is painful to type (how DH managed to write his thesis on it is BEYOND me!!)

But I send best wishes to you all - our boys are both growing super fast - will try to post some pics in the BB photo section

ciao bellas

Good morning girls

A Big congratulations to Jaspen! (Birth announcement thread HERE)http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/birt...y-arrives.html

My DH has been on annual leave so I haven't been able to spend as much time in here

But I just had to drop in to say... Tali: That's great news about the meetup! I was hoping you'd have a better experience this time... each time can be very different especially until you get to know the members well. We'll HAVE to meet up in the city one Friday (it's my best day for meetups) so maybe if you feel brave... catch a train into Melbourne Central and suss it out... it's very kid friendly, I promise I REALLY want to get in there but lately the planets just haven't been aligning...

congratulations Jaspen on the arrival of bubba Lincoln!! i hope we can see some pics soon, does he look like his brothers??

Julie- you only have a few weeks to go yourself before you get to meet your little princess how exciting!! how are you feeling??

the kitchen cubboards got finished on Monday and today we have a builder here putting on 6 new doors. Most important and the first to go on was the back door between the kitchen and back patio. we have gone 3 weeks without a door on there and the house has been freezing!! its a nice timber door with frosted glass panel and going to get it stained so it comes up similar to the floorboards.
    we've also gone without doors on our bedroom, Ty's bedroom and the bathroom so great to finally be able to close a door when we want to!
    I am also minding my two neices today so have 4 kids trying to keep entertained and confined in one section of the house whilst this stuff goes on.

Tali- i am glad to hear you had a good meetup!

Hi to everyone hope all are well

Julie- Cant believe that you are the next to bring a junie sib into the world how fast has the year gone!!!

Nic- Are you mad!!! having 4 kidlets running around and still tring to get the house done lol you are a breaver woman than I am.... I am hoping to get on to facebook sometime this weekend to check out the house photos, considering the weather has turned yuck on me again I guess I will find the time...

Rory - What a work place that doesnt let you on Belly belly dont they know it the working mum's live support LOL .... How are you liking the your new job is DH coping with his SAHD duties hope there isnt to much left for you to do when you get home at night apart from enjoying your family that is...

Ali - hows work going settled into yr 5/6 yet? I know if I was ever a teacher ( not that I am ever going to be one ) I always thought it would be easier to be with the younger groups, the older ones just always seem so big these days I think the next Gen to come through are going to be tall....

Jaspen - once again congratulations I hope the BF is starting to settle down and you are having to much pain now...

Amanda - hope you are all ok and that the computer gets fixed soon...

Mel-How are DH new trackies going that was just to cute !!! Hope you are coping with the weather and not running the heat too much I know I am dreading the gas/power bill...

Maya- Havent heard from you in a while... Thanks for trying to stick up for me the other day I know I should just stay away from those type of topic's as unless you have lived in the Top end its really hard for anyone to comperend how it is.... I was thinking of you yesterday as I was picking up Zay from school as the the wind was like ice and I remember all to well how cold it gets up there... Have you had any snow up there yet... I know if feel cold enough some days...

Bath- To meet you I would risk the train LOL I havent actully been in the city for about 3 years and as for catching a train havent done that for about 5 lol but I used to catch them all the time when I was younger ( BC) when we lived in sydney so the Melb trains cant be any more scary than that... Fridays a good day for me aswell but cant go anywhere until BHL gets paied which wont be for 3 weeks as he only just started his new job and has only work 3 days into this pay period so wont be paied until the next one grrrrrrr I hate having no money but know its only for a short time and then it will all be ok again....

Jess - Where are you hope hope you and your family are traveling ok....

well as for me not much to tell BHL has gone for the next 2 weeks, has his 30th birthday on tuesday without us but we will get him a cake when he comes home.... I am starting to feel a bit better finely as I hate feeling so down.... My sister has to move to SA which is a shock as she and I are the closest and she is one of the main reasons I wanted to move home as she and her DP are TTC so we wanted our kids to grow up close but it should only be for 2 years and then they will come back... But she did a PG test yesterday and rang me as it has a bright pink line and then a small pale line which she described as a crease so I told her I thought that it would meen its a but she is tring not to get her hopes up to much so she is going to go to the doctors next week and find out then she hasnt even told her DP yet !!!! I think she is just a little worried as she had a M/C 3 years.... Does anyone know the likely hood of have another MC just because you have had one does it mean you are prone to have more or is it just one of those things that unfortunly happen.... Sorry if I upset anyone but as I have never had one I dont know what the likely hood is and am worried for her myself....

anyway better go as I have drippled on enough

Big group hug to us all

Hi girls, sorry I have been MIA for a while. My computer died, which was just awful. I didn't realise how addicted I am to it. And of course it had to break down while DH is on night shift!!! I usually just sit on the computer when the kids have gone to bed and DH has gone to work. Thankfully my brother has a friend who fixes them and he did it for $25 and I am back in business.

Tali - glad the meet up went well, just what you needed to build up your confidence. PML, DH loves his trackies!!!!! He wore them to PMP and Chelsea couldn't wait to tell everyone that she bought them. My heating bill is not too bad, I leave the heating on overnight but only on about 17. Otherwise it takes too long to heat up the house in the morning. I pay $40 a fortnight for gas and when some bills arrive we are in credit!!! I also do it for my electricity too ($50 per f/n). You should look into it, makes budgeting much easier. I can't stand being cold!!! Its great to hear you are feeling better, chin up and keep smiling Fingers crossed for your sister's pregnancy but a bit sad she will be moving away. Two years isn't too bad though.

Nic - house is looking amazing, esp the kitchen. You guys must have been bloody cold without the door!!! 4 kids in one room, you might be ready for a nice strong drink tonight LOL!!!

Rory - that sucks that you can't sneak on while you're at work. If the weather is bad, I often have my lunch break at my desk and do my personal stuff then. How is work, you haven't said much about it, hopefully you are enjoying it.

Bath - my DH has been on 2 weeks holidays and I know what you mean. Thats why I love it when he is on nightshift, I don't feel bad being antisocial and sitting on the computer.

Amanda hasn't been on for a while? Hi to everyone else.

Kids are great. Chelsea got "Student of the Week" last week which was very exciting. They handed them out at assembly, she was very chuffed. Marley is loving day care and her words are starting to become clearer.

DH earned himself some major brownie points when he battled the Target toy sale for me!!! He got the kids to school care/day care and then lined up outside Target with his list ready to go. He got everything on the list!!!! Can you believe it, I couldn't. Plenty of the women there helped him find things, they must have taken pity on a poor guy doing the shopping. He also helped some of the mums to get down heavy boxes and bikes etc. One Target employee even commented on how polite he was, she said people had been so rude that is was nice to see someone with manners. I was signing his praises to everyone. Most of my friends said their DH's would never do it. Thankfully I have one of the good ones

Have a friend for dinner tonight and I am making a rustic carmel apple pudding for dessert. Never tried it before but it sounds delicious. If it turns out as good as it sounds, I will share.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

omg Mel line me up for your DH shopping next time will you!! he could start up a business. call him the "hubshop!" thats awesome. glad your puter is fixed, its frustrating isnt it i went bout 3 weeks without one and i felt so out of the loop with everything.
    Tyron has learnt to pull himself to stand now! and i think a few more days of practise and he will be starting to cruise!
    he is such a roughy though, he is always hurting me! (i know he doesnt mean it) but he pinches, bites, grabs, pulls im glad he is the baby and not the older bro he'd be quiet rough with a baby i think. he knows his name and turns when u call it but not sure he understands "no" yet.

Jaspen- thinking of you, how is Lincoln going?

i cant bring myself to throw and baby things once Tyron is passed it has anyone gone through this??
    I have all the outgrown clothes in vacuum bags, jolly jumper Ty is too big for, rocker not being used now he started sitting in the high chair, things like my breast pump, steriliser etc if i dont have any more kids there is no need for it but cannot let go of them just yet! i'd like to have another baby in a few years time but who knows in a few years time i might be passed that?

Hi girlies, I've been MIA too!
    Life has been very hectic around here, I'm so glad I don't have to do it with a baby, as well! My body clock is ticking right on time, there, with the lack of fertility
    My sister came and went, school's back, DP's Poppa is not declining (and won't improve ) and I'm trying to get back into brigade life, against the odds (no babysitter until a beautiful offer came in from my friend!).
    Mel - glad you got your computer back! I was without my phone for a while and that was bad enough (camera isn't working ATM which is painful).
    Enigma - I am surprised to see you back, as I have not forgotten the nature of your last departure and subsequent goings on. I hope we are beyond all that now, as this group has been ticking a long nicely and respectfully since then and I'm hopeful that you can be part of the group in that same vein, so welcome back to you and Anetka How are things with your parents? I remember things were tense with them at the time you left us, I hope they are much improved for you.
    Better go now before my nipple gets chewed off - Oscar's molars are moving around...hopefully upwards soon!
    Gotta head off to my cousin's for dinner now...
    Take care, chickies, I'll be lurking if I"m not posting

Good evening Junies it's the end of the witching hour here but i'll give it a go at posting a few messages!

Tali: well done on that mammoth last post! It would be great to catch up then in about 3 weeks... The trip into Melbourne Central really is pretty smooth sailing. Maybe a few of us could manage it although it was probably easier when our June babies were actually BABIES... these days Niall just won't sit still and I spend more time chasing him around the shops than anything! Oh well... you never know miracles might happen! LOL

Happy Birthday Nickers for last week! Enjoy those doors!!!

Heating bills: we just received our electricity bill: $393. Eeek! And I thought I was doing so well being frugal (minimal use of tumble drier etc)... turns out we used exactly the same amount of kilowatts as this time last year (to 0.04 of a kW). We have gas ducted heating though... so I'm dreading that bill... Mel: we can't do the weekly thing... for us it works out better to put everything through VISA and then pay off large amounts of that when we can. DH often gets paid bonuses which makes his pay irregular. Twice a year we manage to completely clear our credit card... and one of those times is coming up (tax refund) so looking forward to that! I wish we could be the kind of family with a budget but it doesn't seem to work... DH trades shares too and every so often we'll get a dividend cheque or sell at a huge gain... it's all so unpredictable... but I guess it works LOL we've been managing to get by this way (without a credit default) for the past 15 years!!!

Rory: Miss you!
    Maya: It's hard to get back into grooves... keep at it... you'll find the right rhythm.
    Amanda: Miss you too chicky, hope all's well.
    Jaspen: Enjoy that Babymoon!... don't rush back into life too fast now you hear!

Had another acupuncture session this morning... I'm really starting to notice how centred it makes me feel I have 3 sessions in a row (weekly) then I have a months break then 3 session again... i've completed about 4 cycles now. The acupuncturist gives me a discount because i come in early on a Saturday morning (an unpopular time)... he only charges $42 a session instead of $75! They last about an hour and I receive a massage after he removes the needles). And every 12th session is free. It's a really good way to spend some "me time"... and I think it may have helped my thyroid condition as well! I had blood taken too today (to make sure my thyroid levels are still stable) fingers crossed they are!

Ok better help DH settle the boys in bed... I often still BF Niall to sleep... but I need to have a shower before i do that (makes it more comfy) so off to the shower for me! Nighty nite!
    Last edited by Bathsheba; August 9th, 2008 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks Bath did my head in trying to remember everything lol maybe next time I should have a pad and pen ready so I can give myself some notes....

3 weeks sounds good to me would love to meet you I am hoping as it will be the 1st time the girls would be on a train that it will be enough to keep them quite and happy for the trip in... Would just have to give myself enough time to get back for Zayden... will let you know as soon as our money improves so we can have a meet up....

Maya I see you are ment to have SNOW tomorrow wish I was brave enough to drive up there to show the kids but I hate hilly corners on dry days let alone on days with Black Ice I think Its from growing up, up there seeing to many cars go over the edge.... enjoy to cold take heaps of photos so i can live though them on FB lol

Well my sister isnt UTD as she went to the doctor and had a test which was neg but she still hasnt had a visit from AF its now 3 weeks late... Have know idea what that means... Pain in the bum is what it is when you are TTC, I hope it happens for her sooner than it does me, it too hard waiting that long....

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the winter sunshine, those of us who have it...
    Jaspen wish I could still be up there just for winter, told BHL we need to houses one here in summer and one up there for winter he would have the same job so it would just mean FIFO to different homes for different times in the year, shame the kids have to go to school or we might have done it lol....

Tali - the winter sun is so good but soon as its gone - chilly again!!! Wow, snow up in the Dandenongs tomorrow. Didn't see the weather tonight but it sounds like its going to be a cold one. Shame about your sister not being pregnant, hopefully soon. Love the idea of 2 houses, I would do it. Lots of retirees do it, so might have to think about that when I get old and grey lol!!!

Bath - wow, thats an expensive bill! Considering I run my heater virtually non stop (and definately not frugal with my dryer lol!!!), my winter elec bill is about $230 and gas about $200 which is not too bad. I am not really a good budgeter, but find it easier to pay $50 instead of $230 when the bills are due. DH's pay is also very irregular depending on what shifts he does, he prefers doing night shift because it pays better. It must be working well if you've been doing it for 15 years. Fantastic news about the acupuncture, it sounds like it is really doing the trick for you. I have never had it done before, does it feel weird??

Maya - good to see you back. How is uni going this semester? You must be going crazy without your camera working? Your phone takes really great pictures.

Nic - DH thought your idea was hilarious!!!! Might be an idea though. He's not sure he could cope with multiple trips, crazy enough the first time. I try to keep sentimental things or bigger items. Small stuff is easy to replace. I still don't know if we will try #3 but some stuff is taking up lots of room (rocker, bassinet for my pram etc). If you are hesitant about getting rid of it, keep it. How is your new kitchen?

Julie - thinking of you! Not long to go now.

I've started walking every lunchtime at work which is amazing for me as I really don't do much exercise (which I know is naughty!!!). Me and a work colleague walk around this huge oval next to work for about 40 mins. I must say I felt really good after it and we were not walking slow. Marley has a bit of cough at the moment and a nice snotty nose (thankfully running clear) which is making her a bit cranky. We have a christening tomorrow so I may have to leave her home with DH, I don't want her coughing her germs over all the other kids and it sounds like it is going to be a cold day.

Rug up Melbourne girls and I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast