Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #6

Hello,
    Racs- Great to see you back where it all began!! I think you did a MARVELOUS job at expressing full time every single day for as long as you did. Its hard for some to understand how physically challenging this task is because you are not just getting up in the middle of the night to a crying baby and feeding him, you have to wake up and feed a pump! I did it full time for almost a month and it wasn't easy. Ronan's stats are just great, i can't wait to meet him!!
    So on that (sorry wish we could all catch up if we were in the same state) but i think what Bath suggested Melbourne central sounds good. So we just need to set a day and it's a date!
    IK- i totally agree with what Dee said in her post about not saying anything but wait and see what she is like next time. if if she does have the audasity to make a smarty pants comment then you'll know she probably means what she says and is not just having a joke.
    Gabysmum- i hope you don't go doing any house work now u hear! u stay off your feet as much as possible, ouch they must hurt!
    More children- am a bit indecicive what sort of age gap i'd like. I would really love a spring baby (Sept/oct) for that to happen I'd be falling around Dec/Jan and that just seems a bit too soon! It all kinda depends on where we are going to be aswell. if it looks like we will be moving back to sydney or not all comes into the game. I'd like 3 children though so might be nice to have the next one reasonably close then a bit of a break then the 3rd.

Just back from grocery shopping which was actually enjoyable despite the Saturday morning crowds because I was by myself! Only thing was that Coles Ivanhoe staff decided it was a good time to do a major restocking of shelves so there were boxes in the aisles everywhere! Still, I blissfully cruised around them knowing that that real chaos was away back at home LOL

Looking forward to this evening's Restaurant Club meet-up... even though it will be a bit of a mystery tour since the German place was booked out.

Good to see you again Rac and that piccy of Ronan on your ticker is a bit cute As Nic said, we're planning to meet up in the city soonish and you're most welcome... do you have any preferences? My vote is Melbourne Central midweek from 11am to midday (or earlier if you can handle it! It's much nicer before the busy lunch-time crowds). I'd suggest after lunch but I have to be back for Verity at 3pm and Wade also tends to nap from 1pm onward so it's a bit trickier.

IK: regarding that woman and her BF issues I agree with the others: don't raise it again yourself but feed again like it was no problem and if she raises the subject in any other way that's not supportive I'd say something like "well I'm glad you're not expecting me to feed in the toilet which is what most people seem to expect these days... it's very challenging BFing these days as everybody seems to find it offensive for some reason... now why would that be?" Makes me so mad as feeding in public is actually easy in terms of being discreet and not actually showing any breast. I'm a very modest person and have fed on trains/bookstores/restaurants etc over the past 2 months and I swear half the time nobody even noticed! I didn't show one centimenter of flesh to anyone except my baby! Granted it is a bit easier being winter and having coats and scarves to conceal. I know in an ideal world I shouldn't have to go out of my way to hide what i'm doing but I'm not going to change people's opinions and would rather just be left alone to do what I need to do rather than attract attention. When the issue is raised and i don't need to feed that's when i get on the offensive/defensive!

ok... gotta do some banking... look at our grim financial situation so that i'm not tempted to spend too much dosh this weekend!

Melbourne Central sounds great for me ladies but it would have to be on a Wednesday so that we could afford it!We would be driving down because believe it or not its cheaper for us to drive than catch public transport!
    BBL cooking dinner!

I'm sitting here very miserable and annoyed at myself right now..... I am suppose to be at dinner with Bath & co but instead Im running to the toilet every few minutes.
    must be the continuance of whatever i came down with two days ago and now it has given me the runs..... I went to the hair dresses this arvo (bday present from MIL) and all of a sudden i needed to run to the toilet! Then had bad cramps and bubbling in my stomach the whole time and couldnt relax incase an accident was going to occur.
    Thank god it didnt but i ran to the toilet when i got home and thats where Ive been back and forth to for the last 2 hrs. I was so dissapointed to have to back out on dinner but i wouldnt have been much fun and i dont think the train trip in would have been a success!!
    Arrrhhhh this was my night off!!!!! i know there is always next time but my hair looks so dam good at the moment i wanted to show it off and go somewhere!
    Anyway hopefull it passes and i will be ok tomorrow and fingers crossed Nixon doesnt catch it.....

Ohhh Nickers you poor thing, I hope it passes soon. Well I'm sitting here in virtual darkness, eating M&M's and sipping on a very lovely red. It is so lovely that I want to have another but I won't. Nathan has changed his sleeping pattern lately he will go down at 8-8.30 after a feed and a shower and I won't hear from him til around 5-6am I will feed him, change him and then by 8 he is starving again. We really don't have a day time routine past that., just demand demand demand.

oh what a terrible night i have had. Ive just expressed so dh can feed Nixon thismorning because i am still running to the toilet and have bad cramps. Whats something small i can eat which might not pass right through me like an express train??

Hi All
    Nickers - thanks for the compliment. I was off to a wedding in that pic. Otherwise i live in a tracksuit , no make up and a pony tail ! ... Is there a GP you can get urself off to? I suppose it doesnt help that its a sunday. Trying to think of something you could eat ... hmm but nothing comes to mind. Drink lots of water though!... Back in my stupid days i used to drink this laxative tea ( so i could lose weight quicker ) so i know how painful the cramps are Hope you get better real soon! Keep us updated

Mmmmm just enjoying smoked mussles with philly cheese on crackers with a nice drop of red (you inspired me Dee!) whilst the Sunday roast is cooking.

Hope you're feeling better Nic! If it makes you feel any better we all gave the Spaghetti Tree a big Thumbs Down for food and service last night... the entertainment and atmosphere was kinda good though... if you like midwestern ambience with an old codger tinkling away on a piano. The place was very popular but in my opinion it's standards have fallen since I was there last time in 1999. We went across the road for dessert (Cafe on Bourke) where the ambience was dodgy but the cake was scrumptious and cheap! Anyhow we missed you (and kelly!) here's hoping you can join us next time (haven't decided on a venue yet).

My family are currently watching The Goodies on DVD LOL... they are doing a rendition of Grease Lightening: Grease Cycling PML!

Good to hear Lucas is happier Tanya Another very cute ticker piccy!

Neeny texted me last night asking about Simone's babe... I couldn't rext her a reply because of my broken mobile (only just got it fixed)... hope she comes on soon like she said she was going to. Anneliese is doing well now isn't she? I should go to her thread...

Sorry candy.... I did the questionaire but I think I stuffed it up when i forwarded it! Hope you don't get it twice everyone!

Anneliese is still in hospital, but due to circumstances beyond her control Simone hasn't been on.(Well to my knowledge!)
    I've been speaking to her every day and am trying to catch her atm....she knows we are thinking of her and praying for anneliese.
    On the home front, DH sat down the other night and I said it was either her or me!I asked if he knew that it was hurting me and he said he did. I've asked him to tell her not to txt or ring every single day because its ****ing me right off and he said he'll tell her!
    Patrick gets weighed tomorrow morning and then tomorrow afternoon at 1.30 I have my first Mums group. My MCHN asked me to be a spokesperson for BB and Austprem(a premmie group I'm in!) so I'm going in prepared!

Well HI!!!!

I'm still around - been busy with Aleise's baptism invites. They're all posted yay!

Thanks Bath for the msg that you couldn't text me back - was beginning to think you're mobile had run out of credit!

Have been chatting with Jess and she told me Simone couldn't get to a 'puter atm. hope all is going well it is so!

Well Aleise is sleeping almost 7 to 8 hours over night now. Her 2 month immunisations on Tuesday went very well. The poor thing cried after the needles and I nearly did too! I think it hurt me more than it did her! Anyway gave her the remains of her bottle afterwards and she fell asleep! She was a bit drowsy for 2 days after but all was fine! I gave her panadol JIC (as she was a bit red) but no probs so am very relieved.

PIL were over today and shouted us takeaway so that was nice of them. MIL is going to buy a cot for Aleise this Friday as she's grown heaps. Haven't gotten to a baby clinic yet but weighed her yesterday at a chemist and she is about 4.9kg which is 800g in 3 weeks!

Its late and I'd better go - Hi to everyone and will catch up soon.

Hugs all 'round!
    Neeny xoxo

*Kristee* Guest

Well hey

Haven't posted in a while but i have just got my periods back and i have been sooo sick and doubled over in cramps....I DIDN"T MISS THEM WHEN I WAS PREGNANT that's for sure.
    Tarleha is doing well. Although a bib is a constant companion of hers now as she is spewing all the time, not just after a feed anymore. She has also started dribbling like there is no tomorrow, does anyone know why she is doing this?
    Doing a cross stitch at the moment i love the quote on it so i thought i would share it:
    A hundred years from now
    .... it will not matter what
    my bank account was,
    the sort of house i lived in,
    or the kind of car i drove,
    But the world may be different
    because i was important
    in the life of a child.

Nickers: Hope you are feeling better reel soon, having the runs sux doesn't it. You have my deepest sympathy. I have just gotten it over it myself.
    Tulip: Isn't it amzing how we can function on zero sleep when we have too. Tarleha's reflux doesn't allow me to have much if any sleep either, so i know exactly how you are feeling.
    Neeny: So having the 2 month needles was a big drama for mum? i am dreading it...i have to take Tarleha next week, any advice on how to ease the pain and cope with it.
    Everyone: I may sound dumb here but as i haven't been a member for long and don't know what was happening.....why is Anneliese in hospital what is wrong with her??

Kristee-Lea - 21
    Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06
    TTC 06/07

Well just thought I'd hop on and say my farewells. Well not complete farewells but we start the packing process tomorrow in preparation to move on Saturday and from tonight onwards I will be without a computer for an indeterminant amount of time so am unsure when I'll be able to get on the forums and say hi. (not that I've been posting much lately - so busy- but I have been reading).

Nickers - take care of yourself, hopefully the bug you've got is well on it's way out and you can start to feel like a normally mummy again. When I'm looking for something to eat I go with the dry bread or dry toast with vegemite (no butter) as an introduction back to solid food.

Candy - loved the little questionaire - haven't had a chance to fill it out yet but hopefully will get it done before the computer gets disassembled tonight.

Bathsheba - aghhh! a sunday roast - haven't had one of those in a while, must do so once in new house. Sounds like you have managed a bit of "you" time which is always nice.

Jess - hopefully your DH has got the message now re that girl and things can settle down for you. hope your mum's group goes well.

Neeny - love the photo's of your little girl sounds like she is progressing nicely - when are you having the baptism??

Tanya - glad to see things are improving with Lucas - hope it means you're getting a bit of rest too.

Dee - sounds like you have managed some "you" time too - nice little pattern Nathan has settled into at night - Sam's only doing 6 hours but can't complain about that it's still a nice bundle of sleep.

Anyway I'll try and get on again later today and write a bit more but in case I don't - you all know how unpredictable life is with young ones - it has been great being part of such a wonderful group of ladies over the last year. You have all been such wonderful supports to each other whilst still maintaining the ability to pass your own opinion which is refreshing in this day and age. Hopefully this can continue on and I'll be able to tune in occassionally to see how everyone's doing or catch up with some photos on the email.

Enjoy your little ones
    Julie

Anneliese is in hospital because she contracted the rsv virus (a very nasty bug) that caused bronchiolitis and pneumonia. Every baby can get this bug but only 2% of babies end up in hospital ith it.My own little boy ended up with it as well, but prem babies are more susceptable to getting it.
    A vaccination is available but at $1500 its out of the reach of normal people.
    Well Tim has to have a blood test today, so we can see if we can find out what is wrong, our doctor reckons he could have glangular fever, but i hope not!
    Otherwise, nothing much is new. Have got mums group today, so looking forward to that!

Julie- Its sad to see one of our girls leave but we now it isn't forever. You will continue to see all our children grow up through email .I know in my heart that you will join up with us one day. Our love to your family and we all hope the move goes well.

All the best now and forever

Julie hope you and your family have a safe move and don't be a stranger when you get reconnected.

Jess I hope that Tim is going to feel better soon, as I've had glanular fever and it's horrible at 19 let alone a poor 5 yr old. Hopefully that woman will back off a bit once DH has told her not to call and txt as much.

Well I'm feeling really good as of yesterday Cody has started to make the cute little goos and gaas, DH has even got him giggling at breakfast yesterday. It's amazing how quick they grow up.

hugs xoxo

Oh Goodluck Julie, you'll love Townsville, It was a great little city to live in. I miss it sometimes although we still get there a couple of times a year. You'll be back on here before you know it. Hope the move goes smoothly.
    See you soon
    Dee

hi everyone just a quick hello.

am back from tresillian and can honestly say they werent much help. i honestly thought that things were looking up but since i got home lachlan is back to how he was. i guess ill have to just battle through on my own. i cant seem to get ay professional help. he only sleeps for 20 mins at a time and then i have to nurse him back to sleep each time which takes about 15mins. he is still getting really bad pains, i dont know what else to do. the only other option i have is to put him on the bottle. i really dont want to but it seems there is nothing else left to do. if he is still the same after being on the bottle then i give up!!!!
    sorry to be such a downer, i didnt think it would be this hard.
    one lady at tresillian told me to just let him cry himself to sleep and then another one told me that babies this age dont know how to put themseves to sleep and need help ie, nursing, patting etc. how do i know what to do???
    to make things worse i am getting a cold AAAAAAAGH!!!!

hope everyone is well and ill be back to personals soon

dee (donna)

oh ps, welcome to the newies!!

Hello,

well hopefully i am over whatever bug i had but i do feel a lot better and kind of back to normal now. all i really ate yesterday was vegemite toast (without butter), it took till mid afternoon b4 i started feeling a bit better and wasnt rushing to the toilet. Nixon wasn't a happy chappy yesterday so made things tough, dh was out the back yard all day mowing,cleaning etc.
    Dee- good to see you back on BB, I'm sorry tresillian wasnt as helpful as you first thought. i dont know what measures you have already tried but does he have reflux or colic maybe? there are lots of different things to try for this, i rekon ive tried most of them! have u rung that place since u have been home and told them he is back to the way he was? They should still help you out.... besides the environment what were the differences that settled him there to at home?
    KLR- if u have a chance to catch up there is a thread in NICU/Premmie re: Anneliese she has been in hospital for well over a week now i think and we are all praying she can be home with Simone and family soon. ove that poem too...
    Jaspen- Souns like you were doing a big wrap up farwell speach.... hope we still hear from you from time to time. I hope your move goes smoothly too
    Bath- not glad that u didnt rate the food that much but glad i didnt miss out on too much! i was so prepared that i even had my clothes out i was going to wear on the bed for when i came home for the hair dressers! but im glad i decided not to go because i got worse on sat night and i think i would have had to come home if i attemoed to go out!
    Enigma- Your welcome for the compliment! I thought u said u never get out and about!!
    Neeny- Thanks for the Aleise photo's she is gorgeous! I have a BB folder on my computer with all your bubs pics i feel like i know them all!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast