Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #8

Hi again girls

Just a quick thankyou for all your warm welcomes!!!

I will try to post a bit more of the "Scarlett" story tomorrow. She's currently having her "witching" hour (or should I say hourS).

Alicia xxx

Hi Alicia, welcome to our group! As you can see I'm the opinionated one LOL nah, I just care for the "Junies" heaps and want to see us all as happy as can be. As you can see by my children's birthdays I have a significant age gap between my DD and my boys... kinda planned/just happened. Our family is complete now. The gap was because I found it so isolating being at home with my DD I was inspired to return to uni/work for several years... the isolation isn't quite so bad this time around due to BellyBelly... especially now that I'm starting to meet a few members IRL. Anyway, my baby Niall was due on the 26th of June but I was induced 2 weeks early due to cholestasis of pregnancy (a potentially life threatening complication of pregnancy involving lots of itchiness due to bile salts)... but he was 9 pounds at birth so it was probably a good thing that he arrived a bit early. Kelly Zantey (BellyBelly's creator) was my birth attendant and helped me get through my third natural delivery. Niall is also a very easy baby.... so much so that I usually spend more time in here talking about my toddler who has become quite challenging of late... surprise surprise (though his mood has improved lately... I think the 2yo molars are through... AND he is doing poos on the potty now regularly!!!) Niall is a sleepy baby and I don't have much to complain about there, i co sleep about half of each night with him. I also BF and plan to at least do this for 9 months like I did with my other 2 (who coincidentally self weaned at that age)... anyhow, I hope you enjoy being a part of our group Alicia... I've got to dash now and provide a forgotten hot chocolate to my waiting DD! Oh! but before I go: CeeCee! Fantastic! Sounds like a perfectly brilliant arrangement! I agree, you've done very well marrying a man like that eeeeexcellent!

no time.. just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO !! !

hello to all Junies , time for MY nap now

happy birthday jo!
    welcome alicia!
    quick one - just back from visit to 2nd home (fire station).
    Dee - in a hug a bub no-one tries to take your baby from you AND babies settle in them more than in other devices (prams, cocoons), so you could invest in one before the party, enjoy the party and keep lachlan to yourself...works for me when i remember to bring the HAB with me and take oscar out only for feeding and changing, putting him straight back in after.
    bedtime now!

HEy Alicia, our bubba's were born on the same day
    DH irons his shirts as he needs them-we compromise on everything. If he doesnt put his washing in the basket, i dont wash it. And i then ignore him everyday when he whinges that he has no clean clothes. Bath, i agree that we take on so much with children- Declan's teething (still only 4 teeth!) and Anneliese is just clingy (s'pose spending half your life so far in hospital can do that to you...) SO they both just want cuddles all the time, and then Xander wants attention too... And then i have to clean the house, wash, cook... No wonder i refer to myself as a supermum of 3 under 3 when they ask what i do...

you r a supermum simone, and don't let anyone tell u differenlty!
    cool 3 little girls Anneliese, Freya & Scarlett all born on the same day! considering so many boys were born around this time thats pretty cool!
    just feeding Nixon then we r leaving for our short trip.
    dh dressed nixon thismorning,i left some clothes for him to wear on the chair but he put an oshkosh shirt on, vans shoes(both bought in factory outlets in vegas whe he went @ start of the yr), pumkin patch pants the lot! i must say he looks pretty cool in it all, he is prob wearing more then me (top from target and jeans from kmart both on special!)
    hope everyone is well. b back on prob over the weekend.

I love it when DH dresses Anneliese, its like their own little bonding session
    I love dressing them up, me and the 3 kids are going to MIL's restaurant for lunch with SIL and her 2 kids, and i got them all prettied up in their best... They all look so cute I would post a photo if my camera battery wasnt dead. pfft!

#karen# Guest

Just a quick one.
    Welcome Alicia
    Happy birthday Jo, hope you had a nice day, sounds like it went off with a great start, all that sleep!
    Jesse - thinking of you and hope all works out
    Simone - when are you heading off to Perth? Will you still have internet access? Hope things all work out.
    Dee - do what you have to, to maintain your sanity. Don't feel bad about it. We keep getting asked to go out at night and I am always refusing. you are the one who has to cope with him being unsettled and as you said you will be seeing everyone soon anyway.

Hi girls - bak online - for a while anyway.

We have moved and are sort of settled - in our house and half unpacked. DS#1 starts his two days at daycare next week so I might get some more unpacking done. Enjoying the lifestyle so far although DHs promise of shorter working hours for the first few months doesn't look like it will be happening but oh well its not like that's what we're used to.

Will try and catch up a little bit although there is no way I can catch up on a months worth so if anyone wants to update on any major events feel free - its good to be back!!!!!

Hi girls

Here is the Scarlett story as promised

After a rough road on IVF, (ICSI), we were finally pg......WOOOHOO!!! I went for my early scan (6wks) and we were thrilled to see that we were expecting twins!!!

A week or so later I had some bleeding and pain and another scan revealed that we had lost one of the bubs, we were very sad, but still felt so blessed to still have one precious bub. As I continued bleeding I was told to rest up as it was possible that we may lose the other bub.........we were TERRIFIED!

THe bleeding stopped and we made it to 12 weeks which made me feel a lot more confident.

On & off during the preg I continued to have unexplained bleeding, each time putting us into a huge panic. Scans each time revealed bub was doing brilliantly and there was no need for concern......(easy for them to say)

At 28 weeks I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and started to control that with diet and monotoring my blood glucose levels 4 times a day. This worked to some extent but by 33 weeks I was put on to Insulin injections as it was a bit all over the place.

As I had a caesar with DD1, my ob was leaning towards the same with this, but I had him convinced (up until now) to let me try natural.

Another scan revealed that bub was "a good size" and due to a couple of other issues, (previous caesar, diabetes, back surgery etc etc) my caesar was booked in for the 16th June, 26th was my due date.

A couple weeks went by and date was again moved forward to the 9/6 as the diabetes was still causing a bit of grief.

The day came and I was last on the list for theatre. I walked down with DH, was gowned up etc, ready to go and my ob got called to another emerg. caesar. About an hour or so later it was time to meet our bub. Went in to have epidural, after 7 attempts up and down my spine, they werent having any success and told me the news I'd been dreading..........a general would be the only way to go. I put on the waterworks as I knew that not even DH was allowed in the theatre if I had a general. I was so frightened that I may wake up and something had gone wrong. Well, it worked, and my DH was allowed to come in to theatre........phew!!!

I could ramble on forever but to cut a long story short, Scarlett Ingrid was born a short time later weighing 7lb14oz and very healthy. About an hour later I was back up in my room bf her!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm another Victorian girl, but country Vic, not Melb.

Will bbl to try to catch up some more and get to know everyone and their bubs.

Love

Alicia xxxxxxxxxx

Hi there,

Alicia - What a stressful pregnancy, but i guess now looking at your beautiful little girl it really doesnt seem that bad does it? The epidural sounds terrible, that was my biggest fear. you are very brave!!

Cee Cee - That would be great if you could email me that stuff, my email address is [email protected] thanks heaps!!
    oh and im very jealous of your DH!!!!

Bathsheba - I dont know how you manage to spend so much time on here, you are superwoman im sure of it!!!

IK - Thanks for your co - sleeping tips (a couple of pages back) i have been putting lachlan next to me in the bed for a couple of nights now and although he doesnt sleep any longer he does go to sleep quicker, im just worried about him not ever wanting to go into his own bed but i have been trying to put him in his cot today and he is in there now, so far so good!
    Also thanks for the HAB suggestion, i do still think that MIL will take him off me, she has been known to do this, last time i was up there lachlan was screaming and i just wanted to cuddle him and she came up and took him off me and said that he could smell my milk thats why he was crying and then proceeded to pass him around the room to everyone (including a 4 year old)!!!
    I think the best bet is to not go! im going to have to be tough about this, im sick of being a pushover!

Well its official, Lachlan is too big for his bassinett!! last night i walked in to find his head squashed up against the side (he could still breath though) just looked really uncomfortable. so today i have him in the cot and im going to move the cot into our room, i have always said that once he is in the cot he can stay in his own room but i guess its more for my convenience than anything, while he is still waking 3 - 4 times a night i want him close by!

Hope you are all having a brilliant day!!!

Oh forgot to say WELCOME BACK JASPEN!!

Dee - good on you! Now, if you really wanted to get the 'no pushover' message across, you could even tell them why you aren't going, that is, you don't want to risk him being passed around. You're right, you're the one who'll be left with the crying baby. it's your family so you know best that a HAB won't even stop them so just tell them why you won't go how rude to tell you he needs to be away from you cos he can smell your milk...duh! its a matter of survival for a baby to smell his own mum's milk! if oscar wants to comfort suck but he's full (cos of oversupply and fast let down) and upset, i stick the dummy in so he can still smell me, he's sucking himself to quietness and eventual sleep.
    also, i wouldn't worry too much about getting him into his own bed. if he won't go on his own he is telling you that he needs to be near you for the time-being. kids DO go to bed by themselves eventually! even if it's a bit later, at least they learn to attach good thoughts to bedtime, rather than enforced bed rituals. i know our babies are all different, but because oscar slept with us from birth, he has no baggage about sleeping, and once asleep, will sleep in the pram, bassinette, HAB, bed and not wake up fretting. for me and oscar co-sleeping actually seems to encourage a measure of flexibility on his part. like i say, this may not apply to other babies, but this is how i now realise he ticks.
    that said, i'm off to put him in the bassinette while i hang washing...had he fallen asleep in the HAB i'd leave him there, but he hasn't, so i'll gently lay him down now!
    eta: one co-sleeping theory is that it instills a security in the child so that the child feels more confident doing independent things, knowing it has a secure fallback. weaning to own bed is easier because there is less stress attached if child knows it can return to parents bed and take to its own bed at its own pace. also, less nightmares, next to no fear of the dark, less bedwetting etc. Check out askdrsears website about his explanations of co-sleeping habits. i have a feeling that your lachlan would do better being close to you often - a 'high-needs' baby is harder to deal with if you resist 'attachment parenting'. research indicates that a 'whingey' baby actually needs the attention more than a more naturally content baby, and that it can be worse for that whingey baby to experienced enforced separation (separate sleeping, 'containerisation' - use of bassinettes, bouncers, walkers, jumpers and other artificial entertainers). So, while some people argue that it's a chicken or the egg scenario, the research suggests that comfort parenting a baby does not CREATE a spoilt child, but NOT comfort parenting WILL 'spoil' (as in, create anxieties etc) a high-needs baby. Make sense? I have some links for articles of this nature, if you want them or have time to actually read them! I read them whilst I was studying, haven't had time since Oscar!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; August 31st, 2006 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Had a lovely day, but sorry to say Freya's mega sleep was a one-off, and she was back to normal last night. Oh well, at least I know it's possible!

Welcome to our group Alicia, thanks for sharing the story of Scarlett!

Dee, I think if you don't want to go, then you should stick by your guns. I know how stressful it is taking out an unsettled baby.

Welcome back Jaspen!

IK - you must have read my mind. That is the exact reason i wont put laclan to bed and leave him to scream (like DF tells me too) i want him to associate bedtime with happy loving thoughts, not distress.
    i put him in the cot earlier and he slept for an hour on his own!

I was told that a baby should wake, feed, play for an hour and a half then sleep til next feed. I have trouble keeping lachlan up for that long and i find myself trying to keep him to sleep maybe for too long, maybe he only wants to sleep for short naps during the day. I just wish they had a manual with them, im finding it really hard trying to figure out what he wants, is he hungry? tired? should i be feeding him so soon or stretching out his feeds? i ask myself these questions every day.

Nickers - How is Nixon feeding now? i remember he was fussing a bit not long ago??

Jo - oh well, like you say, at least you know she can do it!! it must have just been a birthday pressie for you

Good afternoon Well we've just finished our pinic in our backyard with a GF and her 1yo little boy... such a perfect day! Our house is all open letting a lovely warm breeze through... i'd say it's at least 23'C (my favourite temperature)... I mowed an area of our huge overgrown backyard yesterday and as we sat on a rug under a huge eucalyptus tree it felt like we were in the country as the rainbow lorrikeets flew overhead... we ate fresh strawberries with ice cream and a quick strawberry syrup for dessert... gotta do it again... who wants to come 'round? Maybe we could have a Junie meetup here? Just don't look at the filth inside my house! Dee, LOL I'm no supermum, I just have a fairly tolerant DH who doesn't hassle me about maintaining a perfectly tidy house and I make sure I have enough "me time" to keep me sane. I value time over material possessions too so whilst most of my friends are more like Supermums and working fulltime whilst raising young children to pay for things they think they need like expensive gadgetry, clothes etc I prefer not to work so i can have the real luxury of enjoying my children whilst they are young because i know how fast time flies... I blinked and my 1st baby is now almost a teenager! Honestly, that's what it seems like! No ammount of money will buy back the lost time and missing their "firsts" (steps/words etc) so I make the necessary sacrifices... as for spending a lot of time on here: our 'pute is right near the kitchen in our main living area so even though that green "online" light is on it doesn't mean I'm actually sitting down here at it... we have unlimited broadband and stay logged on all day... I probably only spend anout 30 - 40 mins per day actually sitting down at the 'pute. If I hear a new message has come in I wander over and read it at the time (and stand while I type a quick reply) but then I'll go back immediately to my work/looking after the kids. Alicia: Thanks for sharing your birth story! What a rollercoaster ride! 7 attempts at an epidural!!! OMG I am sooo scared of even the idea of having one! I agree you are very brave!

Children need me.... back later!

Hey girls....
    Bath, that picnic sounded wonderful. It was a lovely day, i went to the local TAFE restaurant for lunch, where MIL works. It was OK, too gourmet for me though... MIL told me i could park in a no standing zone, and 5 mins later (time on ticket) i had a $107 parking ticket!! He must have watched me park... There was no parking anywhere. I was a paying customer, you think they would have parking spots for us... wont be going back, way too expensive lunch!!

!!! Ouch Simone! You didn't need that one! Did you tell your MIL? She might offer to pay some of it! Well the parking's free here I reckon I need to organise something before it gets too hot... I just gotta get over my embarrassment regarding the mess around here... most of my friends who work have pristine homes even though they have kids because the kids are in care fulltime and don't have much opportunity to actually make a mess... anyhow, back to it... clothes to put away...

ETA: I've just taken a photo of our babckyard with the rug still there under the tree... it's not a very clear pic as the date palm's shadow is across it now but gives you an idea... (it's in my PhotoBucket site, in Bathsheba's website, not my kid's)

littlerigger Guest

hi all. still going slowly here.

Happy birthday Jo!

Dee - I wouldn't want to go either. we were at our nephews naming day on the weekend & every time ryan grizzled at all MIL tried to take him. grrr

me - I have a job interview on tuesday for a position with the family law court. it means ryan going into full time care (I know some look down on this) but it also means we can start saving for a house & some stability for ryan. I don't want to move when leases are up etc. I want a home he can call his own.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast