Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #5

Awwwwwwww poor little love!! Probably is hurting to suck then.........as painful as it might be (and potentially messy ) you could try from a small cup or even pipette it in to her so she doesn't have to use a sucking motion. Apart from that, I am really no help, sorry love! Thinking of you and hope that the teething moment passes quickly for all concerned!

...........only other thought is maybe jump into the feeding discussion area and post there - I am sure you'll get a whole stack of ideas from there as well. xx

Last edited by Charlyfrog; December 9th, 2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: had another thought :)

Hi Lira,

Have you tried Panadol and bonjela about 30 mins before the feed? Just a thought.

Hi ladies

Lira I hope Imogen starts to feel better soon. As Sarah suggested have you tried giving her Panadol to try and take the edge off the pain for her?? Bonjela is supposed to really help too and there are several other products on the market for teething. I think Debbie posted about a few others earlier on in the thread if you want to read back.

Now I'm sorry to throw yet another video at you guys but I just had to share it with someone. My little munchkin is oh so close.....!!!! She's almost there

Hope you've all enjoyed your weekend xx

Wow Tina, I can't believe she is nearly crawling! I will be getting Lewis to watch this video too. He is still flat on his face when he rolls onto his stomach! I don't think he even knows he has knees!

I had to buy him one of those air wraps to go around his cot as his little legs are always poking through the bars and I'm paranoid he is going to get his ankle stuck and twisted! I love going in to him when he wakes up and see what position he is in!

I have taken his dummy off him since last week as he was always pulling it out and then whinging because he couldn't put it back in. Anyway he is fine without it but now he sucks on his teddy bear (Toby) ears. I'm wondering if he will get hooked on Toby now!!

We went to a 1 year old girls party yesterday. I couldn't believe the size difference between her and Lewis. Now I know why we all have such a difference in ur babies weights . She was 8kg at 1 yr old. Lewis is 8 kilos at 5 months old!!
    It made me clucky for a girl because it must be like having a really little baby for ages! Lewis is already a big boy, when he's stretched out on me feeding, I look at him and wonder how he grew so tall!

Anyway I'm off to swap his capsule for a proper car seat today, his legs are beginning to pop out of the end

just quick
    Tina: omg she is soooooooo close, i have lachie in my arms and made him watch, he doesnt push up on his arms just yet, but his knees are up and he leans to one side on his arms!!!
    She is sooooo adorable, im soooo clucky for another baby, and seeing her doesnt help!! lol

Naomi I know exactly how you feel - a friend of ours just had a baby boy, I havent seen him yet but the photos are making me so clucky too. He's just tiny and soooo adorable. I think I want another one now!!!

Sarah I've got one of those wraps on Mikayla's cot and their great. She used to get her arms and legs caught up all the time but now it only happens when she gets herself right into the corner. Though she does roll up against the sides and end up stuck on her side not realising that all she has to do is roll backwards! And she's getting very cheeky... because it obstructs her vision she's now worked out that all she has to do is pull it down from the top to see. I sometimes walk passed her room and all I can see is her little hand grabbing the wrap and her eyes peering over the top of it - ts very very cute!! Its great when you find them in new positions isnt it. I love to watch her sleeping too especially now that she sleeps in her tummy with her bottom in the air.

Mikayla had her photo with Santa today and she loved it! I thought she'd get upset when she saw him but all she wanted to do was pull on his beard. I didnt get to Eastgardens to see the real Santa that Lewis met but this one looked genuine enough Its a pity he was miserable man though - He didint even attempt to talk to her! The photo is in my gallery if anyone is interested.

Gorgeous photo! Miserable Santa! Oh well Mikayla made up for it with her big cheesy grin!

we have used teething tablets, bonjela, brauer teething relief and panadol think thats all there is out for teething ....?? I have been waiting till she goes to sleep and dream feeding her it seems to be working just another questoin immy is 6 months old friday and i was goind to put her on to step 2 was just thinking shold i leave it till she gets her teeth since we are having trouble getting her to feed?????????
    Thanks for all advice you all have been so great with support since we joined
    liraxxx

Teepee2 - oh my goodness you have such a clever little girl!! And still oh so adorably cute! DD#2 does push her bot into the air, but she is still my little caterpillar! I was thinking just this morning as I searched her gums for teeth, holding my breath hoping not to find any........... I really want her to not grow up so fast!!! My baby is disappearing so fast now that if I can keep my gummy bear caterpillar for a little longer I will be so happy! Hehehe!

Thinking of you Lira21! Hope your little one feels better soon!

Enrolling DD#1 in kindy for next year! She is no longer my baby! But what a cheeky monkey!!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great week! Only 2 weeks til Christmas!!! Ah-woo-hoo!!!! BBL lovlies!

Mwa!!

Hi all, just a few minutes for a quick hello.

Eliza - lovely story, thank you for sharing that with us, you must have been so happy and excited (and your friend too).

Well, no teeth yet, but his gums feel firmer and sharper if that makes sense. He's enjoying chomping on things like an old mobile phone, and the tv remote! We had visitors last week, and he loved their company, such a good boy. They all think he's lovely and so laid back (yay), I think my SIL is a bit more interested in babies now! Our belly dancing group performed for the nursing home residents, it was great fun. We did our dance twice as we forgot a bit in it the first time and burst out laughing. But we got it right the next time. It was lovely to see some of the less able residents curled up in the chairs, eyes closed but hands tapping in time to the music. And the faces on some of the others, pure enjoyment. Who would have thought that 6 ladies wiggling and giggling would be so much fun for others??? They've asked us back again too!!!

Have nearly finished the Christmas shop, and managed to successfully acquire a swimsuit, well sort of. I will have to wear the bikini bottoms I already have, but I bought a tankini top from K Mart in a black white and silver pattern for the top half. I liked it a lot as it has adjustable straps, and also small removal pads in the bra cups - will serve nicely as breast pads while on the beach and by the pool!!! It does flash a bit of flesh however, mind you this should distract nicely from any stomach flashing.

Also, I'm a bit nervous - tomorrow I'm going to pop in to my old work (Christmas party) for the first time since I had Angus. It's 110km from home you see, so that's why we haven't been before, too hard with only one car and that in use by the breadwinner every day. I kind of want them to miss me, but also I don't want them to miss me in case I don't come back! Also, I want them to think I look good. Superficial I know, but before I got pregnant I was very small with a very flat stomach, so I know everyone will be looking to see if I have that back or not.

Anyway, love to all and happy shopping to everyone who still has stuff to do!

Hi Girlies,

Feathertop - Good luck with your work visit. I'm sure they'll think you look great especially with all that belly dancing. I went swimming costume shopping yesterday, bad move!
    I'm beginning to think I will never lose my tummy. I yo-yo between 62 and 61 kg every week, no matter what I eat I just go up and down. I'm beginning to think it maybe a fluid thing. My pre pregnancy weight was 58kg but I just can't get back down there!

Lewis wouldn't drink his dreamfeed last night and then woke up coughing. It's his 2nd cough in a month. I can see how they catch colds easily but I'm a bit worried that he coughs. He sounds really mucusy. Saying that, he's not constantly coughing. And he did drink most of his milk just now so hopefully it's not too bad.

I took him to be weighed and he is 8.3kg. But he has only put on 100g per week in the last 3 weeks so she said I must start him on solids as his weight gain is starting to slow. (Even though he is a kilo over the average weight for his age!!)
    So I gave him rice cereal for 2 days and today he has had a bit of sweet potato. I just loved his 'Err what are you doing' look he gave me when I put the food in his mouth. He seems to quite enjoy it though.

Anyway must go, MIL is coming to babysit for 2 hours while I go and do a market research interview. They will pay me $60 for a 30 min interview. Not bad hey!

Hi girls!
    Starfish - i am glad to hear that diana enjoyed the pool better. Ashley went in the pool for the first time last friday and all was ok until the swimmin teacher poured water over her head and she screamed for 1/2 hr! i have taken her back in the pool every 2nd day since and she is a lot more relaxed now. except she doent like being splashed! lol.

Now that she is sitting it is easier too as i can sit with her in the baby pool down at the lagoon at thebeach and she can splash to get used to it herself.

As for solids.
    Ashey has been on solids since 4 month and 3 weeks. and she has had a wide variety - it is hard i know because people tell you one thing and then frown on you etc etc.

She still has 4-5 feeds a day BF and is now starting to have 3 meals a day (about 3-4 teaspoons in each). She loves her solids... i mean today at lunch i was feeding her banana and avocado mash and i lent over the tablet o get some chicken for me and my crossiant went ZIP straight in her mouth. she grabbed and and started chewing it!

TO date she has had:
    banana, apppe, cherry, watermelon, pear, avocado, farex, carrot, mushrooms, pumpkin, potato, zuchinni, cawliflower,brocoli, peas, corn.
    and loves it all!

Mum of lewis - firstly how did you get into the market research???

Ashley has been refusing her dream feed the last few nights too ... i try and she just doesnt want it and she is sleeping a solid 12 hours without a sound over night so she mustnt be hungry.

As for weight gain. I took her to get her 6 month shots and he was 6.76kg. She has only put on 500gm in 2 months, so it is a very slow weight gain for her too, so i wouldnt be too worried about Lewis weight as the doctors arent worried about ashleys????

Hi girls!!! We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

We had such a lovely holiday in NSW and VIC. We were right on the border, so we went between each state daily. Caeleb had his first swim in a pool at a hotel we stayed at. Wasn't too sure at first, but then he loved it. I've got some photos I'll upload onto his site once he goes down for a nap.

He's on 3 meals of solids a day. He has rice cereal in the mornings, usually with a couple teaspoons of fruit puree in for taste. He has either baby yoghurt or pureed fruit for lunch. And he has pureed vegetables for dinner. He'll eat about 120 grams each feed, which is about the same amount that's in a small jar of baby food. I'm not giving him any baby custard or the likes... try it for yourself, it's FULL of sugar!!! I gave it to him once (he loved it), then I tried it myself. OMG!!! So, it's off the menu. I'm offering him water, which he accepts quite happily and he has booby inbetween meals.

I need to go get him weighed. I want to turn his carseat around, but I'm not sure if he's heavy enough. I haven't taken him to Child & Youth in ages. I put him on our bathroom scales and he's around 8 kilos.

Hope everyone's doing really well!

Celsie. xoxox

Hi,

Princess Mya - The market research, I registered online with a number of them and then they email you questionnaires to fill in and if you qualify they ring you. I'm not sure if the ones I'm with are just in NSW but try stable research and McNair Ingenuity. Oh and Mango research. Or Google market research companies. Today was so easy, I had to watch some commercials and say what I thought of them. I got $60 cash and was in there for 20 mins!

I think I'm going to miss Lewis's dreamfeed tonight to see what happens. Maybe he doesn't need it anymore either. What bliss that would be, I'll be in bed by 9pm every night!!

Celsie - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time. Regarding the car seat thing, I have been using a capsule and was waiting so that when I put his car seat in instead, it could go in forward facing straightaway. However DH took it on Monday and the guy said he really didn't recommend going forward facing until 9-12 months. He said in the UK and other countries they recommend 12 months so they are really strong with their necks. I was really looking forward to him facing forward but have decided to go as long as poss now with him facing backwards.

Anyway must go, I have some spray tans to do. I do mobile spray tanning in the evenings! It's getting busy for Xmas.

Hi lovlies!! Just a quick hi tonight - hopefully will be able to spend more time replying tomorrow night

Welcome back Celsie!!

And Princessmya - might sound weird but I actually thought your thread in the boohoo room was really good! (I replied hehe!)

MumofLewis - Spray tanning, wow! Oh goodness!! I'm so white all I'd have to do would be roll up my jeans legs in the bush and everyone would have a walking night light!!! ROFL!!!

Well looks like DD will be starting her baby cereal this week as she has progressed from simply showing interest to actually behaving almost frustrated when she watched me eat my lunch and I didn't give her any! She tracked the food and drink from the table to my mouth and then watched me chew and she'd frown and screw her face up and throw her arms and legs (she was in her little bouncer chair next to me) and nattered away to me in an almost annoyed tone!! LOL!!!

Also, I think the teething has begun Little apple rosy cheeks, not masses of drool but also botty rash - this was a concrete sign with DD#1 that she was teething (wee gets more acidic during teething we were told, hence increased nappy rash potential) and yesterday and today she has simply been 'off' iykwim. Just not her happy bubbly cheeky self, very clingy. So guess we'll see - but can't see or feel anything in the gums so who knows. She doesn't have a temp though so she's not sick...............oh, so don't want to lose my gummy bear yet DD#1 got her first tooth at 6&1/2 months so really only 2 weeks away for DD#2..........................

Okeedokee, going to sleep now..............take care! BBL!!

Mwa!!

Hi everyone

Charly - Diana is displaying the same symptoms as your DD, i.e. nappy rash, clingy, sooky and generally off. But I haven't felt anything in her gums... Maybe its a growth spurt?

Diana had her photo done with Santa last Friday. She didn't cry, but didn't seem overjoyed either. Seems almost like she was complying for our sake.

Anyway, better get off as I have lots of things to do today. Busy busy. Hope you all have a great day.

OMG how scary - I was just about to post that Jackson has had some similar symptoms but he has also gone from sleeping 10-6 to waking every 2 hours at night as well- so i'm hoping its a growth spurt cos I feel like a walking zombie right now

welcome back Celsie glad you had a good break - we had Jackson in a friends pool on the weekend and he ended up with a rash cos their pool was really strongly chlorinated- not surprising cos I react to strong chlorine as well

Jackson is having 2-3 teaspoons of banana in the morning and about 1.5 tbsp of kumara (sweet potato) at night and he loves it all - going to try some other food when we get back from NZ

hi and huge hugs to everyone else
    Love Mel

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast