Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #5

Great job Charly...

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have truly magical days, celebrating with your little ones.

A extra special Merry Christmas to all those who are celebrating their first christmas as parents... A wonderful wonderful moment, that, once upon a time, i never thought i would get to celebrate!

It is just wonderful... brings tears to my eyes thinking about how special and lucky we all are.

Merry Christmas all!

just wanted to say a quick and huge

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE JUNE MUMS AND BUBS

hope you all are having a great day
    Jackson was hugely spoiled by his NZ grandparents and his uncle and aunties - i'm still a bit overwhelmed to be honest
    I think its been a bit much for him too as he slept very well at lunchtime - his tooth hasn't come through yet but its certainly causing him some grief and a lot of dribble

love and merry christmas hugs to all
    Mel

Happy First Christmas to all our
    beautiful babies!!!

I hope you enjoyed every single minute and that Santa was good to you on this very special day.

Lots of love & best wishes for a Merry Christmas from Tina & Mikayla xx

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

Smile hi everyone

HI everyone, firstly, Merry chrissy everyone, I hope you all had a great day, i no it was very special to us, being the first chrissy with a bubba.
    I have been on here for a little while, but had never come to this thread, so I am six months late! It has been great reading thru everyones posts and understanding what we all are going thru!!
    A little about us, my DS is our first, we had a wonderful birth, mostly a water birth until right at the end, he was getting a little too relaxed! He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen when I first laid eyes on him ( as I'm sure you all no the feeling! )He came in to the world weighing 5lb 6oz, our tiny bundle! We have had a pretty cruisy time, he is a BF boy, he is a cat napper thru the day, but used to sleep thru the nite until a a month or so ago, when he started drooling alot, and his sleep changed dramatically! He was waking every 2 hours, it was a nightmare! I think it was a combination of teething and perhaps a growth spurt.
    He has had a really big month this month, he has quite a nasty cold, i woke up the other morning panicking after I heard him breath, or I really should say try to breath as he was breathing really short and shallow and sounded TERRIBLE!so I took him straight down the docs and they said he may have asthma...I am not too sure I agree with that, I think he has cold and cant clear the flem off his chest sorta thing, but will keep it in mind. He cut both his front bottom teeth at the same time! He is crawling properly as of 22 Dec, instead of the "comando crawl", he sits up by himself and has no problems pulling himself up to stand on the coffee table AND shimmy along the coffee table (if ya no what I mean!),pull himself up on windows, walls, anything, you name it, he will climb it. A right little monkey!
    He has been eating solids for a month and a half, ( i was told to as his weight was quite low) and he loves em! He has had everything in the fruit and vege range! Farex, custards, baby yoghurt etc. It is like I have a new puppy when ever I eat now, complete with drool! He just watches every mouthful with his little mouth mimicking eating, so so cute!
    Well anyway, just thought I would do a brief (not so brief i no!) introduction that has caught us up to the present,congrats (belatedly) on your babies, and cheers to all us lucky ladies that can call ourselves mums!
    Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing about everyones trials and tribulations!

ps.. can someone please tell me how I put a ticker on?? ta!!

Default oops..forgot to add!!

Hi, the reason I was on here tonite of all nites was to look for some info cos I am having some problems now with his newly acquired teeth and him biting me! Pre-teeth, he used to kinda clamp his gums down on my nipple, then turn his head at something and take my nipple and extend it! it hurt but wasnt too bad, but now he does that with his teeth and it REALLY hurts, he also just kinda starts playing and then he will bite me and then SMILE! It is getting to the point where I am nervous putting him back on cos I no he will bite me. It happens nearly every feed and my boobs are soooo sore!! I can nearly tell now when he is going to do it and basically try stick my finger in his mouth before he can bite me! Does anyone no what I can do for this cos I dont want to stop BF but I dont no how long I can handle his sharp razors on my sensitive nipples!

thanks!!

Welcome Miss Banana! - Sounds like you have a real active little one there, what is his date of birth and name?

It's pretty quiet in here, everyone must be still stuffed from all the turkey and Xmas pud! I know I am. The diet's off this week for sure!

Lewis had a lovely xmas and was really spoilt, luckily it was mainly all clothes which were all lovely. He's not too sure about his jolly jumper yet, he just sits in it and has a good nose around the place, but no bouncing yet!
    He loves being on his tummy now and lifts himself up on his arms. He is dying to crawl, he's always kicking his legs ans ends up in all sorts of positions, but hasn't worked out he needs to lift his bum up yet.

I'm going back to work 2 days a week on Jan 2nd and it's constantly on my mind. I burst into tears tonight because I'm getting so anxious about leaving Lewis. I know it will be fine and hopefully DH can work his shifts so that he will be home most of the time I'm at work, but I just dread leaving him. The most I've ever left him with my MIL is for about 3 hours. Anyway I'm trying to keep positive.

Anyway must go, our bl**dy vacuum blew up today so we are off to the sales tomorrow to buy a new one.. And I'm going to go to Spotlight too to get some linen for Lewis's christening outfit that MIL is making.

Hope you are all having a lovely time with your bubs.

Hi and thanks mumofLewis.

Dane is my boys name and he was born on 11 June. We had him in a jolly jumper when he was about 3months as he used to do the motions all the time standing on my lap. He loves it. It was very funny the other day I was putting him in it and trying to attach it all together on the spring & I needed to readjust the way I was holding him and I went to put him on the ground and he did his little jump he does when he is in it, but I hadnt clipped him in! So he no's what its all about and gets very excited when he sees me getting it ready. I'm sure lewis will love it, I would love it if I could use one!!

MumofLewis, I am sure Lewis will be fine, I think that it is way harder on us leaving them, then what is for them when you leave. make sense? But I would be upset too, and I no I miss him when he is not around me. Even when I have had inlaws visiting, I was missing him cos they just had hold of him all the time, I really missed him and really looked forward to feeding cos I new it would be our alone time! I hope it all goes well for you and you can relax a little, hard I am sure! but let us no how u cope and how Lewis copes too.

I hope everyone is enjoying some holidays!

Hullllooooooooooooooo!!! So feel like I have gained a whole stack of pg weight again Oh Christmas pudding - deeeeeeevine!!!!!!

So both my DD's are teething!!! DD#1 is cutting a back molar, woopee and DD#2 is now on the way to breaking tooth #2 through, double woopee!! LOL!!

And don't know about everyone else but I so feel like I now own a Toys'r'Us store!!! LOL!!! Can't work out whos having more fun, DH & I or the girls!!

Ok, have to dash, DD#2 sounds like she is stuck in her cot - again!!

BBL lovlies!!!
    Mwa!!!

P.S. Welcome Missbanana & Dan! What a mover and shaker you have there!! Hope you get the biting thing sorted out........extra holes aren't fun!

Peach Guest

Hey everyone! Just a very quick hello! We are still on holidays at the inlaws and I havent had time to sit down and read through the thread .. just thought I'd pop in and wish everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year! We won't be home for another 2 weeks so hopefully I can get some time to get on the computer and catch up with everyone! I am posting in the solids sections a question about pureed potato and veges .. do you guys add milk or formula? I cant add breast milk I just dont have enough .. but if you add formula .. can you freeze it? Not sure what to do .. !
    *hugs*

Jen and Kenzie

Hey Jen! Hope you're having a fab break!

With DD#1 the only thing I ever added bm to was the farex but then I'd introduce vegies and fruit 'straight up' as it were. If the food needed thinning, I'd just add boiled water. DH & I would make up a massive batch of food and then freeze it all in ice cube trays. Once frozen we had a container for every veg/fruit that had been frozen so I could get my trays back and make a new batch when the time came.
    I'm not sure about freezing formula but I would think that if you can freeze bm anyways on its own, it should be perfectly fine to freeze with vegies...??

Just a thought, as you said you aren't getting alot of bm, maybe you could freeze the bm separately in an ice cube tray - a normal sized one or one that makes smaller cubes and then pop them as you need them?? That way, there's no pressure on you to get a whole heap of bm out in one sitting....you can express slowly and gradually coz it keeps for a couple of months...................just thinking ....hth in some way. xx

Missbanana - read your thread re: your little one biting and am glad you posted it coz I think I'm going to need a few of those suggestions! I hope that some of the advice helps you lovey!

Think we have to get a playpen so I can leave the room to go to the loo DD#2 is so mobile now! She isn't crawling - hasn't worked out how to push her arms up when her bot is in the air but is fine with lifting her torso when her legs are flat if that makes sense. But oi-yoi-yoi!! Can she roll and tumble!!! We have a rug a couple of metres wide and in 5 minutes she can twist and roll from one side to the other onto the tiles! Eeek!! Little rabbit!

Okeedokee, best go, DD#1 has found me LOL!!! Have a great night all! BBL!

Mwa!!

P.S. Just a quick question for you all if you don't mind me asking, how much do your little ones sleep during the day? DD#2 is no where near the sleepy baby that DD#1 was so guess am trying to determine what amount of sleep is best for a 6month old........TIA sweets! xx

Hi Girls,

Charly - Lewis sleeps for about 30-60 mins in the morning about 11am and the same in the afternoon about 3.30pm. He then sleeps from about 7.30pm til 5am and usually goes back for an hour about 7.30am.
    He is the same with his moving about. He has only just learnt to roll back over onto his back, so now he is roly-polying all over the place! I'm not using his play gym anymore because he never stays on it anyway and gets tangled up in it when he rolls. He doesn't really like being on his back anymore unless he is eating his toes or talking to the ceiling lights!
    He looks so proud of himself when he gets onto his tummy and pulls himself up on his arms. He looks around to make sure I'm watching then gives me a big grin!

Jen - I puree the veg and freeze it and then when it's defrosted add a bit of formula or boiled water if needed.

I can see his top tooth now, not sure how long til it comes through but he is desperate to bite on anything going so I don't think it will be long.

He seems to be a bit more bouncy in his jolly jumper. Do you put them in it with their feet flat on the ground or on tip toes?

Mumoflewis - on tippy toes so they can't rest their whole weight on their legs as their little legs aren't ready for that much weight for a sustained time, if that makes sense. On tippy toes allows them to bounce but then have a relax when they're ready with no strain on their muscles hth

Oh and your little man sounds like he's a real character making sure you're watching!! How cute!

Hi,

Dane loves his jolly jumper so much,it is great to see his face when he is in it and he squeals with delight!We have the musical mat (we got it in a pack) which is great too.
    I sometimes wish Dane would just lie there, but he has to be on the on the move at all times, he is not even still when he is feeding! We have all the gates up, everything off the coffee table, kiddy safe already! I thought I would have a bit more time before I had to do all that, wasnt expecting him to be so mobile so early. I was thinking after reading some posts about the bubs rolling to get somewhere, and thought that I couldnt remember Dane ever doing that, so I asked DH & he said he couldnt either, he just start pulling himself to where he wanted to go with just his arms, then slowly the toes became his pusher off ers, he used to have the skin worn on the top of his big toe! Now he crawls properly most of the time, but if he gets excited and wants to get there quick he will go back to commando crawl, but have his tummy off the ground iykwim?

Whats some NY resolutions? I am going to do more housework, cos I am a bit slack there, I just do what I have to, so I am going to try and make an effort to clean something extra, & make sure I set aside some time to do some Pilates and more walking, in an attempt to get that pre pg bod back!

Hi girls!!! We're back off yet another holiday (2 in a month) and very happy to be home!

Welcome Miss Banana and Dane!

Re: Sleeping - Caeleb will have two X one hour naps between 7am and 12pm. Then he'll go down for another hour to two hour nap around 2ish. Then again around 5pm for an hour. Then up to dinner and back to bed around 8:30pm. Awake at 3am for a quick boob and back to sleep till 7:30am. All depends on the day though, sometimes he drops the 5pm sleep.

Re: Jolly Jumper - We were told by a Develpmental Therapist at the hospital to not have one at all, but we do, so she said to have them flat footed, but allowing the Jolly Jumper to take most of the weight, so they weren't straining the muscles up the back of their legs. And she didn't recommend walkers for the same reason. In fact, she was dead against walkers as they do nothing to help the child walk and can actually delay their crawling development. Not to mention the tip over accidents they have. I might have a read on the Jolly Jumper box if we've still got it and see what they manufacturer says.

Caeleb is getting close to crawling. Like Charly says with DD# 2, he wiggles and rolls and is gone from where I left him in the blink of an eye. LOL Still no sign of teeth, although he did find his toes a couple weeks ago.

We went to the beach for our little holiday. Caeleb loved the ocean. Huge smiles and lots of splashing about. I managed to stop him from eating a few shells and sand. Sand... my least favourite thing... it gets in every crack. I'm still finding little grains! LOL

Sarah - just wanted to give you a big HUG! :hugs: - I know it's going to tear your heart out to leave Lewis, but I'm sure he's going to be in good hands and you'll appreciate him even more when you get home from work.

Okay, time to a book and bed I think. It's been a long day for my little man.

Celsie. xoxox

Hi Girls,

Thanks Celsie, I know once I'm used to leaving Lewis it will get easier. I'll be fine when I know he's with DH it's just when my MIL has him I will worry. She is the type that won't tell me everything if anything happens. Oh well it's only 2.5 days a week. And Miss Banana I'm sure you're right, I will miss him more than he will miss me!

New Years Resolutions - As usual it's to manage our money better and get some savings behind us. Eat healthier, exercise more, you know, same old same old. And this year it's to make sure my litle bub laughs every single day of 2008 and has a happy healthy year

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. WE ARE LUCKY GIRLS!

hi everyone
    and HAPPY NEW YEAR

I spent my new year at the airport in Sydney as our flight home from NZ was delayed by 4 hours so we saw the fireworks from the taxi stand while we were waiting for a taxi that could take a 6 month old

our 2 weeks in NZ were good but its really nice to be home with just our little family again - still will be sad when DH has to go back to work tomorrow and the countdown is on for me now until I go back to work on the 16th - so Sarah I'm thinking of you when you go back to work - we have to put Jackson into child care and I'm absolutely dreading it - if only I didn't have to help pay the mortgage!!!

welcome to misbanana and your little man - I've got similar sleep patterns with Jackson at the moment - sleeps from 8pm to around 1am then awake every 2 hours until 7am - I was putting it down to a growth spurt and the disruption with being away so hopefully now we're at home it will settle down again - fingers crossed anyway
    oh and to get a ticker just go to one of the websites that are on the tickers - put in your info and it comes up with an html thingo that you cut and paste into your signature - i think you get to your signature from edit profile HTH anyway

Starfish - sorry I didn't get to catch up while we both in Wellington but it was such a busy time and I felt guilty if I was taking Jackson away from his grandparents for even 5 minutes

well hope 2008 is a great year for everyone - I haven't made any resolutions yet I agree with something said on Sunrise this morning "I think if you want to change your life and your world why wait until the beginning of the year?"

Love Mel and Jackson

Hi everyone, i hope everyone had a great chrissy and new year, it was a quiet one for us as it was the first one since my mum passed away, just didnt feel like christmas unfortunately...anyway other than that it was a good 2 days we spread it out to boxing day also so we could se everyone lol.

Ashlyn cut her 2 bottom front teeth one on the 16th december then the second on the 17th so that may have explained her horrible sleeping habits!! Although since then i have gone back to work doing night work and it has thrown a major spanner in the works as i leave them with their daddy they know how to get around him lol so the little buggers havnt been going down till 10.30-11.00ish pm and then Ashlyn will wake around 5-6am have a bottle go back to sleep till 10ish...so its a vicious cycle lol i have this week off to fix it so far its getting better...
    I have been putting her down approx 2 hours after she wakes and just leaving her until she falls asleep first attempt it took 1-1/2 hours (very stubborn girl) but once she fell asleep she was down for 2 hours!!!! Second attempt was down to 1/2 hour and another 2 hours then in the afternoon she was asleep for 30- 40mins approx and then down for the night at 8pm so its getting there.
    Thanks for all the suggestions

One last thing before i go feed the bottomless pit...is anybody having trouble with their bubbas pulling your hair?? Up or down it doesnt stop her..i swear im going to have a bald spot soon!!! She goes right for the nape of the neck. im sure you know the exact spot im talking about, the one that makes your eyes water instantly!!! But its never once she will grab it pull it out and go straight back at it again!!

ok lovely ladies enjoy the new year catch up soon
    bye bye

Just a quick hi all! Happy New Year!! I can't believe I can now say that DD was born last year - lol!!

Re jolly jumper - now I am confused I'll have to go check it out again...........in my mind flat footed is worse not better but on tippy toes when they bounce obviously they will get flat footed but when resting there is no pressure on their back leg muscles.....?? Oh now I'm not sure.....

DD is struggling with teething - her poor little red cheeks and my oh my!! Do we have a temper!! Better get on top of that now! LOL!!! When she's frustrated, in pain and tired she hits - unintentionally, but both arms go up and down quite furiously and if I am holding her up near me.......whack!! She certainly is a fire cracker that one!! Quite the opposite to her big sister and quite a shock to mummy! Lol!!

Well, girls are in bed so off to hang with hubby

Took decorations down today and I loooove how big the room looks again, haha!! I loved the deccy's up coz they were so pretty but am ready to start the year fresh and new as 2007 was quite a roller coaster, challenging year so my new years resolution..........I've never made one until now, is to focus on having fun, not complicate things and learn to laugh at myself.........

Chat soon lovlies!
    Mwa!!

P.S. re Hair pulling - DD#2 looooooooooves DD#1's hair and will grab a fist full the micro second her big sister gets too near! Am forever rescuing DD#1!! LOL!! As for me..........I pull it back alot but in the morning when I first get her up, I tend to get left with a massive wet patch of hair as she can't wait for milk so puts whatever she can in her mouth! Yuck! Teehee!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast