Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #7

Quote Originally Posted by MumofLewis View Post
    Happy Easter to all the bub's! Hope they got lots of eggs for their Mum's and Dad's to eat!!

I said to everyone that Caeleb wasn't getting any chocolate, so don't bother buying any. But... I gave in and let him have one egg. I think he enjoyed it... check him out!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...76&ppuser=3619

Celsie. xoxox

Celsie - What a gorgeous little man Caeleb is! He's grown up so much since the last photo's I've seen!
    I didn't give Lewis any chocolates, poor thing didn't get a look in which may explain my tummy ache!!

Celsie - wow! Caeleb is growing up so fast!! Too cute

Hope everyone had a great Easter!! DD#1 had her first Easter egg hunt - so much fun!! But omg!!! We have ended up with soooooooooo much chocolate and only a miniscule amount is actually for DH & I!!! DD#1 scored biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig time!! Her birthday isn't til almost Christmas - I reckon we could make it last til then!!....

.......unless I have a highly emotional moment!! Then no hope!!

Rylansmum - so glad it wasn't a horrid diagnosis love! Hope all the snot dries up soon

DD#2 is still soooooooooo extraordinarily clingy! She has just recently cut teeth 5&6 (she only does teeth in groups of 2, never one at a time ) so she has 2 at the bottom and 4 at the top. So cute though, her two front top teeth still have a little gap between them so with her easter bunny ears on, she fitted right into the character! Lol!!

Sorry been MIA slightly - crazyhouse here but all fun and good (desperately still attempting scrapbooking catch up I hate not finishing what I started but good on me I know how to create a rod for my back don't I??? Lol!!!) So will be popping in and out as much as I can to keep up with all you lovelies

Take care all!

Mwa!!
    Last edited by Charlyfrog; April 12th, 2008 at 02:46 PM.

happy easter all!! im overloaded with chocaolate because Nate had some when i wasnt looking and didnt sleep for 9 hours(thanks NAN).

we went to CHN today and got weighed and measured.
    length 79.8cms weight 10.9kgs speed down hall 100kmh.

doors have to be closed now because he has found that he canpush some open and get into the shoe rack and place them around the house. only realised yesterday when i couldnt find my left sneaker. turned up in a drawer in his play room today.

question without notice: brushing teeth- when do you think it should start and how do i do it(not on me, i know)it says on toothpaste tube to ensure that baby doesnt swallow it, how

have a lovely day all

dragonstorm

Hiya all
    Hope you all had a great easter.
    Celsie - love the photo. Caeleb is lucky, Aiden didnt have any chocolate. He got a few little eggs, but, that was about it. We added them to mummy & daddys collection. I asked my IL's and SIL to put in get him a swing. One of those ones that you just hang from a beam. He loves it.

I weighed Aiden today, 11.4kg. I have to do his length yet, but, the little bugger doesnt stay still long enough, so i have to wait till i can get DH to help. I havent been for his 8month visit to the chn yet, so, might just remember to get him measured when i go. And, his top 2 front teeth are coming thru. Can just feel a little tiny sharp point of the rhs one.

Dragonstorm, i have only just in the last week or so started brushing Aidens teeth, even thou he has had his 2 bottom ones for about 3months! They dont recommend toothpaste for kids under a year, and even once they are older, i think you can get a child friendly one that it doesnt matter if they swallow. I do Aidens teeth in the bath after dinner. I brought the set of 3 that you get from woolies/safeway. Has 1 brush, and 2 massagers in it. I use one of the massager brushes on my teeth saying "mummys turn" and make a big display of showing teeth and brushing, and then, using the actual brush, say "Aidens turn" and he shows his teeth, and lets me brush. About the only time he lets me put something in his mouth other then a dummy or bottle.

Oh, and i am with you on the getting around at 100mile/hour. Aiden doesnt have a shoe fetish, but, has a sliding door fetish. The shower door, back door, and glass doors on the tv cabinet are his greatest friends!

This is abit early, but, anyone started to think/plan 1st birthday parties?

Hi everyone

sorry have been MIA but it has been a busy month for us - it was my 32nd birthday and our wedding anniversary so we've had lots of fun together as a family

DS is nearly 9kg and about 73cm - so pretty small compared to some of the others but he is still putting on weight and eats like a small horse

we only had a tiny bit of chocolate at Easter and didn't give any to Jackson - too busy scoffing it ourselves - he did share our pancakes though on Sunday morning

Dragonstorm - welcome (sorry its a bit late from me) on the toothpaste thing - just asked my friend who is a dental therapist and she said that they don't need toothpaste until at least 12 months but to get a very soft baby toothbrush or a massager that you can put on your finger (I got mine from Target)

Jackson still isn't properly crawling - still a tummy shuffle but he now is a real climber and pulling himself up onto everything - bed, couch, my legs

well better get off to do the dishes and then get to bed - work tomorrow again

Luv Mel and Jackson

Hi everyone

Glad to hear that you all had a good Easter. Ours was okay. We stayed home and had a quiet one. Diana didn't get any chocolate, and neither did DH or I (apart from what we bought for ourselves) as we don't have any family or friends. Sorry that sounds really bad, but recently I have been feeling really lonely as I seem to have no one, except Diana, to talk to. DH is kind of a loner and is happy to stay home after coming home from work, but the lack of human contact is driving me insane! I am doing my best to take Diana to playgroups and ABA meetings, etc, but it would be nice to do something non-baby related for a change... Sorry, about that - whinge over.

I'm not sure if I've already written this, but Diana is about 72.5cm long and weighs 7.9kg (so quite little compared to some of your big boys!).

I have taken the step to enrol Diana in a modelling agency. We have an appointment next week. Hopefully she'll get some work soon.

Mel - happy birthday and happy anniversary!

Debbie - I have briefly thought of Diana's first birthday, but I'm not sure who I would invite (see my whinge above). We are thinking of taking a trip overseas in late June/early July this year, so maybe we could do something for her when away from home.

Dargonstorm - I too have heard not to use toothpaste until bub is 12 months. I have been brushing Diana's teeth with a baby tooth/gum massager thing for the past 4 months. When she's about 12 months I plan to start using a baby toothbrush, but not sure when I'll introduce toothpaste, as I'm not sure how necessary it actually is.

Charly - Diana is the same - she seems to be cutting teeth 2 at a time. Currently she has 4, with a 5th coming through, so no doubt the 6th is not far behind.

Celsie - very cute photo! He looks like he's enjoying it. Did he make a huge mess? Diana seems to mash food up in her hand and drop it around the house rather than actually eating it. (Whereas non edible items, such as paper, tissues, wallet, keys, etc, go straight into her mouth.)

Hi to everyone else!

Dragonstorm - re toothpaste: I agree with all that's been said re: waiting til after 12months. DD#1 is already 3 but still hasn't mastered the spitting thing, so even though we have the milk toothpaste, we don't use it every day but we make sure we brush her teeth morning and night.....unless on the odd occasion my brain hasn't quite woken up in the morning so I forget, lol. I brush DD#2's teeth and then let her 'have a go'.

Starfish - that's so exciting about the modelling agency!! That's fantastic! No doubt you will be inundated with gigs! Wish you were here we'd be hitting the cafes! My DH is more introverted than me so would also rather work on the computer than go out so I understand a little. Well if we are ever in each other's backyard we should make contact!

Mel_thekiwimum - & happy anniversary!
    DD#2 is around the same weight and height but would eat til the cows come home as well!! My friend commented the other day that she looks like she has slimmed down - DD not me..........didn't make any comment about my weight!

Debbie - with DD#1 I was planning her first birthday around the 8 month mark!! but this time around, I must admit it really isn't on my radar. I am so looking forward to our first family holiday in about 6 weeks- woohoo! But then if I think about it, DD's birthday will only be 4weeks or so after we get back........eeek!! And I set the bar so high the first time.................... Good one!

Hope everyone is doing really well! I'm having so much fun scrapbooking (hence my vacant status of late) and DD#1 wants to be involved too so we are going through lots of sticky tape! Lol! DD#2 is just as cheeky as ever!! She knows if she is about to touch something she's not supposed to - its that oh so cheeky grin she twists around and gives me!!! Hehe

Well really should go to sleep but its so hard coz there's so much I want to do and can do once the kidlets are fast asleep! But a late night makes the next day a bit tricky................not to worry

Bbl lovlies!
    Mwa!!
    Last edited by Charlyfrog; April 12th, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

Hello lovely ladies and our lovely gentleman!!!

Sounds like you all had a lovely easter! I feel bad now, since I'm the only one who let their little one have chocolate. LOL

Debbie - Aiden must be a big boy! He's about 2 kilos heaver than Caeleb. LOL - How tall is your DH? I think Aiden is going to be a basketball player!

Dragonstorm - Nate isn't far beind Aiden huh? Was he BF or FF? Sounds like he keeps you own your toes. Caeleb too has a shoe fettish. I have to cringe when I catch him out putting a shoe in his mouth! Ewww....

Mel - Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!! I was reading somewhere that babies who don't crawl in the typical manner will usually walk ealier. They don't bother with crawling properly and will just one day get up and walk! So, I'd say that's what Jackson will do.

Starfish - I'm so sorry you feel so isolated. I wish we lived in the same state. I'd have you over for a play date and morning tea in a flash! I'm a member of two mothers groups. One is from Child & Youth health. It used to be really good, but since a lot of the Mums are back at work, it's almost non-existant. The other is a Natural Parenting group. It's brand new in my town and there are currently only three Mum's who go, but we have a great time, going to the pool, play cafes or just to each other's houses for a cuppa and a chat. Maybe do a thread to see if there is one close to you?

Charly - I always especially enjoy your posts. Scrapbooking is something I've never tried, but always wanted to. I'm glad it's something you can do with your DD too. That grin you were talking about... the "I know I'm not supposed to touch this, but I'm going to anyway" is one we see FAR too often in this house! LOL - I've got video footage on my phone of Caeleb tearing up some junk mail in fits of wicked laughter... I tried to put it on the computer, but it doesn't work. It's a shame, I'd love for you guys to see it. Bloody hilarious!!!

Sarah - how's little Lewis going? What does he weigh now?

I've been sitting here, reading all your posts about teeth and toothpaste and the whole time, I've been quietly thinking... Caeleb STILL doesn't have any teeth!!! I sometimes wonder if it will every happen. Mum assures me that all us kids were walking before we got teeth, so not to worry. Hmm... we'll see I guess.

Caeleb had his first real bought of sickness this week. Mum brought him to work for his lunchtime booby an he was all white and listless. He was warm, so I rang and made him an appointment to see the doctor for the next day. After an hour, he was boiling, so I rang and got an emergency appointment. By the time the doctor saw him, he had a temp of 39.5, was screaming and eventually vomitied all over me... FOUR TIMES!!! Don't you just love em'... So, he's now on antibiotics and doing much better. Poor little man.

Hope you all having a lovely weekend!!!
    Last edited by Celsie; March 30th, 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Hi Everyone

Poor Caeleb What was wrong with him, was it a virus?
    It is amazing how the bubs are all different and how Caeleb has obviously got your tooth genes! My friend's bub got his first 2 teeth at 4 months but has only just got his 2nd two at 10 months. They're all same same but different!
    And yes Lewis has the shoe fetish too, especially thongs!

Charly - I don't know anythng about scrapbooking apart from that you have a book and stick things in! But there is a shop near me just for scrapbooking so there must be alot more to it! Sounds like fun, I should look into it, something to do in the winter evenings.

Starfish - Yes it can be lonely with no family around can't it. Before I went back to work I felt quite lonely being home everyday, but now I'm back I feel better mixing with adults again. I would come to a Sydney Mums group if it was a Friday , let me know if you do a thread.

We booked a holiday last week, Yippeeee! We are going to Noosa in June for 5 days, can't wait.

Well Lewis is 9 months next week. He's pulling himself up to his knees on the furniture and tries to get onto his feet if he climbs up me or dH. Can't wait till he walks! He already loves being chased when he's crawling so I think I will be getting fitter with all the running I'll be doing.
    I'm not sure of his weight as it's been about 6 weeks, but he was 9.3kg so I'm guessing he's close to 10kg by now. I think he has a long body because he is in 0 or 1's for his top half, but just 0 for his bottom half.

Anyway have to get to Aldi before it closes so will BBL.

Oh Debbie I nearly forgot, yes I have been thinking about Lewis 1st birthday too. We are in a unit so not enough space to have it here, so am wondering what to do. I'm only thinking of inviting about 6 kids but with the IL etc there will be a few of us.
    Last edited by MumofLewis; March 30th, 2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: forgot something!

Celsie - for little Caeleb!! Poor little love! And how were you/are you going with it all?? Hope he's inundating you with those cheeky grins again!

Okeedokee - so up until my last post hadn't even considered DD#2's birthday......up until my last post! Just can't help myself!

Oh and re: scrapbooking - ok so my stuff really is in the literal sense of the word.....I gather a whole heap of scrap from events and stick them on a page and put them in a book!! Rofl!! I have friends who are hard core scrapbookers and it really is rather disheartening to walk in to our local scrapbooking store and see the walls plastered with one of my friend's pages!! It really is art and very beautiful but I don't have the time nor the moula to go that intricate so Big W & Target are my friends, hehe. For example, seeing as I am so far behind in it all , last week I did DD#1's first Easter page - I had saved her first Easter wrappers and stuck them behind the pics! Wha-lah!! One page finished!

So I just figure my version of scrapbooking makes looking at those special pics a little more interesting and it is great to feel like I have that time out iykwim. Actually I feel like I am creating a real keepsake by using things from particular events as there is real sentimental value in the page then. Obviously not every page I do had things that I could collect from it, iykwim but where I can, I will. Its just fun

Anywhos, went to the Whispering Wall today and DD#1 is being temperamental of late so when DH took her to the other side I heard him ask if he could take a pic of her and she decided that she didn't want one............so all on my side could hear her displeasure in a photo opportunity!!! 3 year olds hey?!?!? Little rabbit!

Well boy and girls, will bbl.............off to scrapbook, hehe!

Mwa!!

Ohh Charly, you have such a way with words.
    Yep, i used to be a fanatacial scrapbooker with Creative Memories as well, only one of the most expensive mobs to get tangled up with, have loads of $$ tied up in their products, which, are all collecting dust.. I have grand intentions, but, alas, spending time on the back lawn watching my son discover the joys of dirt is a much better way to spend my time. So, i just take heaps of photos, and one day i will do something with them.

Well, big news here - we finally have 2 words Bubba, and Daddy. And 2 new teeth. His top 2 middle ones have come thru, and i can see the ones on either side, all white and ready, so, another day or 2 and we should have 6 teeth all up.

I had a mini break down yesterday, couldnt get him to stop crying and go to sleep, and i was so determined that he should be alseep, that i refused to budge. In the end, i was so mad at him, for not crying, i was hysterical, so i got him, and some bottles etc, and took him to my IL's, left him there, came home, took some sleeping tablets, and went to bed. I was just so stuck on the "it is .... oclock, he should be asleep" thing, and since joy of joys, he has disvcovered how to stand up in his cot, its near on impossible now to get them to sleep if they dont want to go. So, i have thrown the "routine" out the window, and have gone back to the, if he's tired, then, put him to bed. Now, it is 5.45, and he has just gone down for a nap. God only knows what time he will go to bed tonight. I have stopped putting him to sleep on a bottle thou. I tried putting him to bed about an hour ago, and he wouldnt go, like 20min later we are still trying, so, i got him back up, we went outside and played, and this time, when i layed him down, within 5min, he is sound asleep.

Tooth brushes - i seen a packet of toothbrushs for babies, and it actually had instruction on it, for what stages the different brushes are for. The more round rubber ones are for 2 - 4 teeth, the rubber brush type ones are for 4 to 6 teeth, and the actual brush is for 6 to 8 teeth and/or 12months and older, or somethign similar to that.

I have tried Aiden on asparagus. So cute. A tip, if you buy the tin stuff, just get the heads, i think they are abit sweeter, and also, some of the stems can still be quite hard. Anyway, give him spoon full of pear... Hmmm Yumm yumm yumm, some carrot.... Hmmm Yumm Yumm Yumm.. and then some asparagus .... EEWWW What the F@#K was that! Crack me up. I got a bigger response to asparagus then i did to yoghurt. I told me mum, the moment i said i had given him asparagus, she said i was mean ROFLMAO!

Celsie - how is Caeleb? I hope he is feeling alot better.

Sarah - i have offically moved AIden into size 1 Tops. Bottoms, still anywhere from a 00 to a 0, some 1's that are short are ok, but, i find them to big around the tum. I have to get his length done.

Someone asked about our heights, I am 5ft 11, and DH is about 6ft5. At my height, i am the 2nd shortest in my family. There was no chance we where going to have short kids. We both think Aiden will end up taller then DH. Its abit bad, cause i am sure people must look at him and think why isnt he talking/walking/waving what ever yet. He still does have that baby face, but, still, he is just so big. ONe day, i will update his website.. maybe this week.

Anyway, gotta scoot and get dinner ready. Daylight savings coming to an end has thrown me out of whack!

Take care all, and have a great week!

Hi everyone,

Remember me??? lol

I just spent the last 2hrs catching up on where everyone has been at!! Way to much to catch up so i hope you all forgive me
    Seems like all your bubbas are growing up so beautifully and you are all gorgeous mothers!!! So much has happend and i feel oh soooooo guilty for not coming in regular enough, i really have missed you all, seems we have a couple of newbies (well not now but to me!) Hi to you aswell!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their first easter with their littlies. We had a quiet yet whingy one, Lachlan cut teeth 5&6!!!

Lachlan is growing up way tooooooo fast, i dont think i ever gave him permission to grow as quickly as he is!!!
    He crawls and like others have said 100kph, pulls himself up on ANYTHING ANYWHERE and will walk around, he enjoys walking with you while holding both of your hands, he now has 6 teeth - 2 bottom 4 top, says mum, dad, mamma (grandma), nanna, and bub, last weighed 1 1/2months ago 10.6kgs in size 0-1 clothes, he has learnt to bite aswell!! apparently cutting his last two teeth gave him a hunger only biting anything will cure, he throws tantrums, throws himself backwards into a hissy on the floor, or leans forwards and tries to bite the ground while crying.

We move house on friday, so im happy that he will have more room to scatter toys food and odds and ends, b/c i dont think i do enough cleaning as it is now LMAO

I have enrolled to do my nail course (yes finally) and that starts tomorrow arvo. For now its only tuesdays and mum watches him, in a month it will go to mon and wed nights aswell.

We are also going to Melb just Rick and I on our first ever holiday, to see Harry Manx (blues singer) Rick loves him to bits and when i heard he was coming to australia (when Lachie was 5wks old) ive been emailing the guy until tickets become available and brought them for Ricks b/day in Jan!! We go on the 23rd and come back the 25th!!! Mum is watching Lachie, i will miss him sooooooooooo much, but am excited to be going to Melb!!!

My cousin died of a drug od 4wks ago today, it was very sad, he was a yr older then me, so 26, and left behind a 9month (now 10) old little girl!
    We had his funeral just a little over 2 wks ago, My real dad rocked up, i havnt seen him since i was 14, so i made the effort and got a great response from him, we now talk and catch up, lets just hope it lasts for Lachies sake as he adores my dad, he is remarried and has a little girl Porcha who is 4 1/2!! I feel old now hehe

Anyway i think this post is massive enough
    I promise to make sure i come in here more often, if you guys will accept me back!!

I hope you are all well, and give your bubbas a big hug and kiss from me!!!

Luv Naomi and Lachie
    xoxox

Hey Naomi, welcome back! Seems like Lachlan is a right little character, I can imagine his hissy fits on the floor, have been seeing a few of them myself lately Terrible news about your cousin though, how sad that his daughter will never know her Dad now. Must have been a nightmare for your whole family. Really tragic when someone young loses their life. Good news about your Dad though, I bet he loved seeing you and his new Grandson.
    And Lachlan can say loads! Lewis is still fixed on Da Da Da Da Da. NOt a Ma Ma in sight!

Debbie - Hope things are better after your meltdown. It's true that sometimes you just do things because it's 'the right time' when maybe they aren't in that routine today. I don't let Lewis out of his cot if he won't sleep, but DH said to me the other night just let him out for 10 minutes, what's the worst that will happen. So we did, he played for a bit, went back to his cot and slept straight away. I think sticking to a strict routine is a need to feel in control which we all need to do don't we. Sometimes we can't see the wood for the trees as they say!

Charly - I like the scrapbook idea, saving things from outings etc. I am going to start doing that from now on. (Well I have good intentions anyway!)

Teepee - I hope your flu has gone, you haven't been around for a while......

Smile

Hi there everyone, happy easter to everyone (i always seem to be a tad behind with these things )
    Celsie Dont feel bad about giving Caeleb chocolate, because Ashlyn got some also...it was actually a choc bottom biscuit cause i didnt trust her with an egg!!!
    Ill try work out how to add a link to the picture.
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...22&ppuser=7783 Hope that worked!!

Ashlyn still isnt over her infection, the snot is here to haunt me, everytime we pick her up she rubs her nose all over us and its that bad we have to change shirts ...its nowhere near as bad as it was but she is still sleeping with the vapouriser and vicks smeared all over her!!

She has just started doing the funniest thing...if we are out and Ashlyn is in her pram with Rylan walking..well usually running and we yell for Rylan to stop she will yell at the top of her lungs like she is adding her 2 cents worth in also..its the funniest thing, she also soes it at home if we are in the dreaded arsenic hour where everything goes wrong and everyone is in a bad mood she will yell at us all!! Im dreading when she can actually yell words
    Well better go and do alot of cleaning up!!
    Last edited by rylansmum; April 2nd, 2008 at 09:01 AM.

rylansmum - Oh isn't she just beautiful! You've got one gorgeous little girl on your hands there. I hope she gets over her cold/infection soon. There's nothing worse than a stuffed up nose. Especially when they can't blow.

Selfish post now...

Firstly, my DS is giving me the ****'s today! Screaming for breakfast, then refusing to eat, then getting it EVERYWHERE, followed by more screaming! Argh!!! I've put him in his cot to go to sleep... he's supposed to be listening to the music from his lightshow, but I can hear it's just gone flat. GREAT! I can hear him banging around in there now.

I'm not used to a child that cries or screams for that matter, so it's a real culture shock for me when he acts like this. Maybe his teeth are FINALLY coming through?!?

And now I don't have time for a secondly, because the whinging starts again... oh I can tell this is going to be a fun day!

Celsie Thank you we were very lucky to get 2 beautiful kids, i know all kids are gorgeous in there own way but i am one to admit that that isnt always the case hehe...i actually thought both my kids were a bit ugly at birth...they both looked like fat little wombats with squished noses and red faces
    But they have grown out of that and turned into grogeous little people!!

The snot just seems to be free flowing thank goodness..well kinda...she just needs to put her head down and omg its everywhere!! Id hate to see the reaction id get if i needed to blow not just wipe...my little angel has a devils temper...into throwing and whacking already!!

Thanks goodness i am not the only one who feels like that, i have no patience lately and her whinging and sooking just drives me bonkers...and the crying in the cot and carrying on!! I can totally relate dear and mine is nearly an everyday situation, just hang in there and give yourself time out...either leave him in the cot with monitor down low or put him on the floor and walk away...i have done it numerous times!!

Oh oh! Just quickly as I reeeeeally should be going to sleep now as girls have no concept of sleeping in .......

rylansmum & celsie - thank you so much for your honesty because I must admit I have been slightly bashful at posting my angst if I am getting the heebygeebies from either (or both!!!) of my girls...... ........phew.............I'm normal

......ok so one might beg to differ on that one but hey! Its a start!! Lol!!

Mwa!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast