Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #7

hey all!!!!
    sorry its so long, been busy doin nuthin much!(typical). work is fun and looking forward to human conversation again.

NATE is tearing along at a pace that frightens me. more barriers made and installed the other day because he ripped one down. dont realise how strong he is. we measured him at home last week with a tape measure, 76 cms..DW bought some clothes the other day size 1 and they fit very snuggly, maybe growth will slow for a while? will post a picture as soon as i can. day care love him. still waking at night. usually put him down at 7pm then hes up at 11 and 3, regular like clock work. i think we may have got him used to getting his small bottle at those times so now he just does it to annoy us. we are looking at changing those bottles to water because i dont think either of us will be able to control cry and stuff. any other ideas welcome....

celsie- those bags are cool. especially the mens ones, if they came in camo colours i would definetly get one(hint hint).

till next time ciao

Rylansmum - Good luck with Ashlyn's diagnosis then. Hope it's nothing serious. LOL at her surrounded by scrambled egg!! I read it was 9 months for egg but you are right, all these things are only for allergy's sake so once you know she can eat it, it's fine.

Debbie - You are very organised with your fridge! I tried Lewis with Cucumber which he seemed to like. Will keep trying new things. His food isn't very mashed anymore either and he manages to chew quite well. I still see things in his mouth 20 mins after he's eaten them though!!
    I forgot about Meegm, I wonder what happened there? Anyway good to hear she's pregnant again.

I just don't know if I'll have another baby. I go through phases of either wanting one or not, but I must admit more recently I'm leaning towards not. Plus there's the whole IVF thing again. I would just feel guilty having Lewis as an only child though. I'm 36 next month so shouldn't take too long to decide.

Anyway am at work so should get on with some work!

Smile

MumofLewis Thanks for the luck...we got home from the hospital at around 12.30am last night and they seem to think it is a viral infection, but i will get the results for whooping cough tomorrow afternoon, just to make sure. they took her temp while we were up there and it was 39.5!!!! my poor baby girl
    It was pretty funny to find her with the egg...rylan wasnt happy but i have told him a thousand times to put things up but he doesnt listen...he will learn one day hehe...thats a 3 year old for you.
    Im not too worried about what she eats now as she has stolen all the scary stuff off rylan and she didnt get any reaction so i think i might be right.

Debbie i have tried to limit what she gets but it is hard she is such a little thief!!!
    Doctors/hospitals and helplines can be so frustrating i got 3 different possible dignosis plus a 4th once i saw the doctor so i really dont know what to think...ill just keep an eye on her and se how she goes.

Celsie We weighed her at the hospital and she weighs a grand total of 7.8kg!!!! tiny little thing...ill have to upload some newer pics of her for you guys

Debbie Wow you are super organised with his food..im nowhere near that organised i kinda whack what we have in there together and give it to her hehe...and if i cut up any fruit Rylan would steal it he is a fruit freak!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonstorm View Post
    hey all!!!!
    sorry its so long, been busy doin nuthin much!(typical). work is fun and looking forward to human conversation again.

NATE is tearing along at a pace that frightens me. more barriers made and installed the other day because he ripped one down. dont realise how strong he is. we measured him at home last week with a tape measure, 76 cms..DW bought some clothes the other day size 1 and they fit very snuggly, maybe growth will slow for a while? will post a picture as soon as i can. day care love him. still waking at night. usually put him down at 7pm then hes up at 11 and 3, regular like clock work. i think we may have got him used to getting his small bottle at those times so now he just does it to annoy us. we are looking at changing those bottles to water because i dont think either of us will be able to control cry and stuff. any other ideas welcome....

celsie- those bags are cool. especially the mens ones, if they came in camo colours i would definetly get one(hint hint).

till next time ciao
    Just a suggestion. I have been reading the baby whisperer, and it has been really helpfull to me in getting Aiden sleeping better. If Nate is waking like clockwork overnight, then, for him, it is a routine. What she suggests in the book is to get up an hour before he is due to wake, stir him slightly, enough so that he is concious of you being there, but, not actually 100% awake, and then, just stay with him, keep your hand on his back, talk softly to him etc until he goes back into a deep sleep. What you are doing is resetting his clock. I do this with Aiden for his day sleeps. He wakes at the end of his first cycle, so, i go in about 5-10min before, stir him abit, roll him onto his side, reposition his legs, stick his dummy back in, and then, stay with him till his breathing goes back to being really slow, and he stops sucking his dummy. By doing that, i have extended his day sleeps to over 1 1/2hours each. I only have to do that as he comes out of his first cycle. Try to see if you can get the book - "The Baby Whisperer, Solves All Your Problems" Try ebay, or, even just your library.

Your other option is, if Nate doesnt take to water, is diluting formula or b/m, which ever he is on, and gradually making it weaker and weaker till it is just water. The theory being, it will fill him enough to put him back to sleep, but, not as many calarioes so that he doesnt eat properly during the day. I had an issue with Aiden when he was about 5months of eating really only from about 1in the afternoon thru till about 3am. I had to retrain him to eat during the day, and thats what my chn suggested to me.

Another thing with the eating finger foods, they are getting to the stage of imitation. So, when you put finger foods on bubs trays, sit with him/her, and eat a few peices yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonstorm View Post
    Unfortunately, Ju Ju Be don't make one in camo. Funny, my husband said the same thing! But, I'm looking in to two other lines, so if they do a camo, I'll let you know.

Celsie. xoxox

Yay Meegm!! Congratulations lovey!!

Rylansmum - thinking of you and your little one. That so can't be fun

Celsie - woohoo hun!! Those bags are great! Well done and good luck with it all!

To everyone else a big hulloooooo!! Kinda been residing in lala land of late - bit scatterbrained I think.....kids! Lol!!

Oh but I had one cousin give birth to a beautiful baby girl last month and another cousin's wife give birth to another beautiful girl today!!

DD#1 was so cheeky today..........she asked her daddy,"can I have a baby sister, not a baby doll?" DH thought I had put her up to it but I hadn't! He said she could have a baby doll but she insisted that she wanted a baby sister so DH said, you can have a dog. I am finding my heart melting at thought of another bubby but not for a couple more years I think. DH is done I feel weird thinking that DD#2 was my last bubby. Ah well, who knows what will happen in DH's brain a few years down the track Lol!!

bbl lovelies!
    Mwa!!

Heeeellllllllllooooooooooo - ive missed you all - im sorry ive been MIA it took me ages to find the last NEw thread gosh you gals can talk hehhehehehe i have missed you all ..

Yes i am preggas again - happy now completly shocked in the first instance ...

this one is due in November ...

Little lee is walking now god help me 9 1/2 months old... hes coming on in leaps and bounds .. he has 4 teeth they look so cute....

Oh i have missed you guys.. I hope everyone is doing really well...

Im hoping for another boy ...

meegm!! I did post in the pg announcement but am so excited for you love! Here always,

Mwa!!

i know that why im here hehehehehehehe

I have just been so busy i was working form home and part time in the office works been great up until now ... im not offically back from this maternity leave yet and i am scared about telling them - im going to wait until i am back (im going back 30 hours a week) in the office and im really scared he will try push me out - ive got a new boss.... GREAT ..

Hi everyone

Meegm - I don't think I've met you before, but congratulations on your pregnancy. Hope it goes well. And wow on your boy walking already. How clever.

Diana is 9 months old today. Happy 9 months Diana! She is cutting 2 more teeth at the top, and is dribbling heaps because of it. I am thinking that the teething may be why she has gone off food for the past few days and wants more breastfeeds?? Does that sound plausible? She is starting to walk when holding on to furniture and today she actually did a little jump, while holding on to her playpen. It was so cute.

I have started doing some volunteer admin work for the ABA today and started back at uni last week. It feels good to be using my brain for a change.

Hi to everyone else. Will try to be back for personals as soon as I can.

Welcome back Megan Once again Congrats on your pregnancy!!! We've all missed you too!! Lee sounds like he's growing up waaaay too fast - as they all are!!

Happy 9 months to Diana and congrats on the teeth

Mikayla is doing well. She's walking along furniture and taking a few steps on her own every now and then. Its funny you mentioned the jumping zofia, Mikayla has been dancing & bouncing on the spot for quite a while but now everytime we go to pick her up she actually jumps up into our arms and quickly wraps her legs around our waists. Very cute!!

Charly looks like you have orders on that little baby sister. Better get cracking :P

Sarah I know how you feel about having another baby. Even though we are TTCing I still get that feeling some days where I dont know if I should be doing it again. I'm sooo nervous about going back to the FS next week - the idea of going back to that place is just so overwhelming but think of what we ended up with in the end! I wouldnt trade Mikayla in for anything and deep down I know I'd feel so blessed to be lucky enough to have another one!!

Dragon great to hear your enjoying work. Hope that Nate is settling down at night. Mikayla has only just started sleeping through so I know how hard the sleepless nights are. Just be patient with him - I'm sure he'll find his neiche soon.

Rylansmum I hope Ashlyn is ok. Please keep us posted xx

Debbie hope the baby whisperer is working a treat on Aiden!

Hope everyone else is well.

Chat soon xx

Congrats Meegm!
    I don't think you will have too much trouble with 2 little ones, if Lee is walking already he will probably be able to push the pram by the time bub #2 is born I can't believe these walking bubs, Lewis is pulling himself onto his knees only. Hope he doesn't take after me, I walked at 17 months!!

Teepee - I know what you mean about going back to the clinic. When I was in hopsital having Lewis I had to be taken for xrays and on the way they wheeled me right through the clinic waiting room where I used to go for my IUI's! It gave me shivers (even after being lucky enough to have Lewis upstairs). But yes you have to put that all aside and keep your eye on the prize. Thing is they were so glad to see the back of me at the IVF clinic the staff gave me a round of applause when I got pregnant! So imagine their disappointment if I turned up again!!

Debbie - I read the first Baby Whisperer book and found it quite interesting.

Starfish - That's good that you are doing voluntary work. Will give you something interesting to focus on without the pressure of work. Hope Diana's teeth come through soon.

I thought Lewis #6 tooth was coming, he had temperatures and really biting drooling last week, but nothing has arrived. He doesn't seem quite as whingy now either.
    I am trying to train him to sleep a bit longer in the morning. When he wakes at 5am/5.30am I am not going in straightaway because he just sits in his cot chatting to himself. So I leave it for 20-30 mins. I wouldn't mind if he went straight back to sleep after his bottle but he plays until 7.30am, sleeps for 40 mins and then sleeps again at 10.00am. So I'm trying to get him to sleep a bit more in the first place and miss out that 2nd sleep. He's done that since birth. DOes anyone else's bub do that?

MumofLewis- My DS also wakes early around 6am and play until 8am has a short nap for 20-30minutes and then doesn't go down again until around 10/10.30am after he has had a bottle. I must get into the habit of letting my DS play by himself before going into get him...
    My DS has had a temperature too but no sign of teeth.. he only has 2 teeth s far!! Hopefully the rest will come through soon. When did your DS's top teeth come through? I keep thinking my DS's are on their way through but then nothing.

JadeLil,

Lewis top teeth came a month after his bottom ones. But my friends little boy got his bottom ones at 4.5 months and hs top ones at 9 months! So I don't think there's any rules.

So Lewis's sleep pattern is not that unusual then. Isn't it annoyng when they could just sleep an extra hour and miss out that little sleep in the middle! Hope they grow out of it. I'm dreading it when the clocks change, they will all be up an hour earlier!

Does anyone have a bike saet? I'm thinking of getting one but don't know if it will just gather dust after the novelty has worn off!

Smile

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all the well wishes, it is all clear for all the scary diagnosis it turned out to be a severe viral infection..so now its all snot and phlegm!!!
    But im glad to see it as it means nothing too major!!
    Nothing much else has been happening on our front...Ashlyn is sleeping better not so unsettled through the day but she is still waking through the night for a bottle!!! She is underweight for her height so i guess i shouldnt worry about it cause she needs to put on some beef, it makes me laugh to think everyone is buying 0s and 1s for winter and 000s are still too big around her waist!!!
    As i have said in the past im not used to having a little baby by the time Rylan was her age he was around 10+kg!!
    Well i have just got home from work...what is it about public holidays that send people into a mad grocery buying frenzy?!!
    Like hello people you wont die if you go without something for 1 whole day!!!
    Happy Easter everyone

Happy Easter
    Hope all the bubs have a great 1st easter!!
    Love Tina & Mikayla xx

Quote Originally Posted by rylansmum View Post
    Like hello people you wont die if you go without something for 1 whole day!!!
    I am with you on that one. Drive me mad! Anyway, glad Ashlyn is ok.

Happy Easter All, hope you have all had a great day, and happy First Easter to all the little ones.

Happy Easter to all the bub's! Hope they got lots of eggs for their Mum's and Dad's to eat!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast