Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #8

But, that's because cows are massive. You grow in proportion to your parents. lol Well the way I see it, we were all raised on it and it didn't hurt us huh?

Hi everyone

Sarah - yes I have done comedy before. I have been doing it on and off for several years, but had not done it for about 2 years (I think the last time I did it was just prior to conceiving Diana).

I am still breastfeeding, but plan to introduce Diana to cow's milk when she turns 1. (I have already started giving her sips here and there.) I don't think that follow-on formula is necessary.

hello ladies<

well work is going great! iget to ride karts any time i want and im a duty manager of the park which is quite big. we have a lot of kids parties there mostly for kids aged over 4 so they can go on the small carts with mum or dad on a special track. theres amuzement rides, bbqs, skill testers and such for every one to play and it is great fun getting amongst it all and running amok with the kids.....while im sposed to be working

nates taking a few steps here and there.

we started giving nate organic milk in his morning cereal(weetbix) about a month ago and he seemed to love it. hes currently eating one and a half weetbixs every morning, another half and hes eating as much as me. hes still on his formula for the rest of his bottles but he likes eating(sometimes) so we have cut his feed to about four bottles except a small one at 1am which is only 100ml. as soon as we can cut that one out we get a full nights sleep

ciao
    dragonstorm

Just a quick one before my battery dies on me...

Caeleb has a throat infection which saw us in the emergency ward twice on Sunday with a fever we couldn't control. He's better today, until about 7pm, when he decided to face-plant into the bookshelf. WHACK! Splits his lip open. He hit it right across his cheek, running down to the corner of his mouth, so he now looks a little like the Joker off Batman. He's going to have a heck of a bruise. How many dirty looks do you think I'll get when he goes to playgroup tomorrow???

Poor Caeleb What a bad weekend he's had.

Dragonstorm - What happens if you don't give Nate his 1am bottle and just resettle him when he wakes? Just wondering because I used to dream feed Lewis at 11pm and when I stopped he didn't notice! So that's when my full nights sleep started. Does he cry when he wakes at 1am?
    Your job sounds great by the way, I won't tell my hubby or he will get jealous!

Lewis said MaMa when I walked in today, not sure if it was just a coincidence or not. Usually he just says it randomly. He says dada much more often, much to DH delight!!

whats dream feed,

he screams his head off at 1 am and so far feeding is the only way. we are reducing the formula to nearly just a fraction of what its sposed to b. nearly down to water now so then we can give him just a bottle in the corner of cot and help him find it. he doesnt drink water only at this stage at night, hes too smart

tahnks for any assist

dragonstorm

Dreamfeeding is when you feed them while they are asleep before you go to bed and it stretches them out longer so they don't wake up in the middle of the night. It saved my life!! I used to pick him up out of his cot while he was asleep and give him about 120 ml.
    Why don't you try it just before you go to bed yourselves and then maybe he will sleep through?? Lewis used to wake about 1am or 2am but once I dreamfed him about 11pm he would sleep through til 4am. BLISS! And then when he started solids I stopped the dream feed and as I say, he didn't even notice!! Now he sleeps from 7pm - 5am bless him

Smile Hello again

Hi everyone,

I was here chatting last year at various time and now I' back!. Our bubs are nearly a year old and I certainly can't believe it. Preparing for the 1st birthday party is not something I thought would come around so quickly.

So sorry I haven't looked back at anything that's been going on, but I would be here FOREVER and we all know we don't have that much time on our hands.

My dd is keeping me very busy but loving it so much. I'm desperate to start TTC #2 and have already started the pre pregnancy folate and medical checks. So exciting.

Is anyone else already pregnant or thinking about TTC again?

hello nellnell, welcome back!!!
    good luck with TTC my DW hasnt even thought about it yet but i wouldnt mind. havent rally talked about it in depthyet so its still a "if i get any i'll be happy" kind of situation.

on that note, bit personal here, when did you ladies' libido return or if indeed has it? i know im keen but i dont want to push my DW too much. i give her a nudge every now and then but she says not up to it yet. should i persist or not?

sarah,
    thanks will try that tonight and see how it goes...

ciao
    dragonstorm

Thanks dragonstorm!

Ahhhhh..... on the libido thing........well personally I feeling back to normal (desire wise!) at about 4 months post partum but my DH is a little out of the norm and has a lower sex drive than I do. Sounds strange and kind of frustrating for me. I certainly know how guys must feel. But you know I'd rather have a good relationship with him and dtd less than hassle him. I suppose I drop hints heaps without being pushy to see how he's feeling.
    Persist..but persist quietly iykwim. Communication is the key (so corny I know but....). Let her know how you feel. Make a 'date' and schedule it in. Then she's got some lead up time to think about things. Sounds so ordinary but it works for us....sometimes.
    Anyone else got any ideas?

Dreamfeeds worked for us. DD had real sleep issues between 6 and 8 months and we went to a sleep clinic it got so bad. Anyway the dreamfeed was awesome. Introduced it and ignored all the other whinges throughout the night. With a dreamfeed she slept 6.30pm to 10pm (feed) then till 6.30am. We gradually reduced the amount of milk and then totally eliminated it no water. She now sleeps 6.30 till 6.30 - no waking. It's so good but it took so much work to get there. She's been sick this last week and wakes occasionally. If she doesn't settle in 5 mins I offere water and check nappy, the straight back to bed. She's doing so well now and makes so much difference to get a whole nights sleep in.

OH MY GOD I LOVE DREAM FEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night DS was put to bed at 7pm i dream feed him at 11pm then he slept till 6.30am....you beauty!!!! a decent nights sleep. when we woke up at 5.30 we looked at each othe rand asked if either had fed him....NO...quickly run in and check....ok still sleeping....back to bed...sleep 1 hour..he wakes...we both happy....
    try again tonight....

on the sexthing..quess ill keep plugging away,so to speak. i think DW issue is her body image.she hasnt lost much since birth but as i keep telling her it doesnt worry me. i love as much if not more than when we first met.. so ill just wait till the time is right..
    ciao
    dragonstorm

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

Hellllo all!

Welcome back Nellnell, always good to see people here!

Cerlsie
    - I hope caeleb is doing better.

Dane has quite a few falls since he is so mobile but only a few that have drawn blood. my stomach sinks when i see blood! As a very very clumsy child and adult!! , I now see how terrible it must of been for my mum in all the situations she was in with me, and I see them in a whole different light!

Dragonstorm- i am jealous of your job! Glad to hear the dreamfeeds are working, they worked a treat with us too. as for the libido thing, i no that I had alot of issues with my body - i put on about 20kg, lost 10kg, and it has taken time for me to just deal with it, but I also felt like my DH was kinda waiting for me give the green light and I really wanted him to just make a move on me to show me that he still found me attractive ( may sound silly but its how i felt) so in the end it kinda came down to communication and a few good nights to ourselves. We are very very lucky to have my mum living 5mins away and willing to babysit at any chance. But i agree with nellnell communication is key!

Nellnell, we are planning on ttc #2 after our holiday in sept! It would be a great time to fall pregnant again, so the bub will be born in the cooler months again and I get to enjoy my pregnancy all that much more! I get soo clucky when i see little bubs, it seems soo long ago that Dane was a baby baby.

Mumoflewis - did u end up getting any kind of trolley thing?

Birthdays - gees who new a 1 year birthday could be soo hard! I am having a bbq down near the beach and swings, fingers crossed it is a nice day! I went to the bakery to see about a cake - i am no good at baking cakes, quite a laugh in my family as my dad is a baker and a very good cake maker! But he is not here at the moment, I was going to get an ice cream cake if I could, but the bakery I went into doesn't do them and I only have 2 bakeries in town to choose from, and i was told for a simple cake in the shape of number 1 it would start at $29.00. Has anyone else got any prices or ideas on the shape of cake? I thought that was a bit expensive myself.

The cows milk - i have been giving Dane cows milk for a while now, every few bottles I would give him one. At first I did dilute it with water but now he has it straight. I was not breastfed or formula fed, but cows milk and water, with a teaspoon of brown sugar in one bottle per day! It is in my plunket (hospital baby book) booklet! Apparently the sugar was to help with constipation. Anyway, my last visit to the CN she said to cut down his bottles of formula and change to cows milk and i was already thinking about doing that by the time he was one. But my tin of formula ran out a last week and he has been on cows milk ever since. It seems to be going fine, he is still eating the same, all seems to be good.

Starfish- what you got planned for your birthday since it too is coming up?

sorry i always seem to write a book!

Hi

Dragonstorm - SOOO glad the dreamfeed is working! I just couldn't believe it when I heard about it, it's the best advice I ever had! And what a nice DH you are not minding about your wife's baby weight, you are worth your weight in gold

Missbanana - How about buyng a plain cake and then buying one of those edible cake toppers like Thomas or Dora, they sell them on ebay. Or buying a cake mix and making a big square cake then cutting out a number 1 and sticking loads of lollies on it! I love making cakes but I'll be hinest they never come out as well as I hope I did a cake decorating course once.

Well we are just off to meet Teepee, Starfish and Lexi'smum at Lollipops, so will hopefully post some photos later.

Hi all!! Gosh - it's like a lifetime between posts for me, sorry skim read as much as I could so please forgive me if I miss you out.....sending cyber hugs to you all!!

Dragonstorm - firstly, YAY on dreamfeeds!! Woohoo!! And secondly re: dtd.....I completely understand your DW's feelings re: body image. It took aaaaaaggggggeeeesss before I'd let even the tiniest bit of light in the room, iykwim. Things just aren't in the right places anymore, and bits sag faaaaarrr lower than what their meant to, hehe (kinda roll 'em up to pack 'em away deal, rofl!) Soooooo, gently and slowly - exactly what you're doing! You sound like such a fab hubby, a real gem the way you're looking after her! Also, with working and family from both guys and girls perspective can be enough to tucker one out that not even a hint of a thought can be given to the bedroom..... Someone suggested a date night? As weird as it can sound to have to schedule such an event in, sometimes that's the only way! Anywhos! Maybe as soon as Nate is down after his 7pm feed is it, before his dream feed, have everything ready for the "date", no fussing, no tidying (I'm a shocker for that! Hehe) take all excuses away from your DW (my DH has learnt that one, hehe) and then with no expectations, have a cuddle Maybe candles? Music? I don't know what is relaxing for you both but could simply be a start?

Btw, you might have a few 'dates' that cuddles are all that happen. If you can date your wife regularly, persistance could pay off for both of you As long as you both stay relaxed and happy that cuddles are just perfect for the time being. Hope those thoughts are ok to share!

Celsie
    - I know the cafe you're talking about!! Funny too - DH & I were dreaming how great it would be to open up a friendly and inviting play cafe that would cause them to close! Sounds like they're doing a good job on their own! Idiots! Apparently a new public playground (outdoors one) is opening up just outside of the town? They've flattened the one that was there and I saw the other day that all new completely enclosed fencing is now on with childproof gates So hope its a fantastic playground - doesn't solve the issue though when its raining *sigh*
    Hope Caeleb is ok now and yay on walking!!

Well I can't believe that I am planning a first birthday party again!! Now who was the first June baby?? Was is Caeleb?? Having so much fun getting bits n bobs for DD's party! Ordered some helium balloons the other day, yay! Kids parties are just so fun!

DD has finally learnt the 'mum' sound which she now uses every time I put her down! Lol! She is so so clingy at the moment as teeth #7 & #8 are starting to introduce themselves. So I'll pop DD down in her massive play pen and she begins to cry, all devastated, saying, "mum, mum, mum" ....awwwwww. Not very helpful when I need to get stuff done around the house, lol! She has also started to double herself over while crying and puts her face on the floor if she is sitting up and is suddenly unhappy about something. I laughed my head off when she first did it! Now trying to train her out of it, lol.

DD loooooves the shower!! Which is so great as I think it was because we didn't give DD#1 enough showers that she now hates water on her face. So its great to have 'baby sister' in the shower with her to show her that it really isn't that bad. Slowly working.....

DH & I have suddenly gone all DIY nuts The girls sandpit is almost finished, we've bought all the gear to repaint DD#1's walls with a feature wall (I ripped old shelving off the other day....good thing we were going to repaint anyways hehe) oh and DH has dug up the front yard all ready to reinvent. Having lots of fun!

Well, best keep moving......painting flowers on canvas blocks for DD's party.....hehe. I know she won't remember one iota but geez I'm having lotsa fun!! Hahaha!

Take care all! So excited as the Happy Birthdays will soon begin rolling in for everyone!

Mwa!!

awwww, just saw that they have started the new threads for "Babies born June 1 - 15th 2008" & "Babies born June 16 - 30th 2008" .........

..........feels like yesterday those were our threads being created.....but for 2007 ones

xx

Yes, Charly, I was thinking the same thing... Time flies so fast, doesn't it?

Well, Diana stood by herself today, without holding on to anything. She has done it before, but she did it for a few moments longer today. She will soon be joining the walkers no doubt... I am looking forward to her starting to walk, but in a way I hope that she doesn't do it too soon, as she looks so cute when she crawls.

Hi,

Charly - Sounds like you have been busy with your DIY. Yes I think Caeleb was the first baby wasn't he?

Missbanana - No I looked in Big W and they didn't have any of those trolleys, I must look in Kmart etc. He is standing unsupported for about 10 seconds at a time now, I hope it won't be long before he walks, I'm excited!!

Poor Lewis he has a massive lump in his gum about half way back at the top and has been so clingy and grumpy the last few days. He was awake 4 times in the night crying and then wouldn't sleep all day. His gum was bruised aswell but I think that has gone today. I hope the tooth comes through soon. Is it common to be getting back teeth when he only has 2 at the bottom, I thought he would get 3&4 first. He has 4 at the top.

I just put a couple of photos on my gallery of when Mikayla, Dianna, Alexis and Lewis met up on Friday. I shall put more on my babies online gallery in the next day or so, so everyone can have a look at them having fun together!

I think Caeleb was born second... I think Charly's DD was first. I just posted first. His birthday is on the 16th.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast