Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #9

PP I'm sure she will settle in soon and will be like Nate - excited to get there!

That's funny you should say about dropping the dummy, we do that too, he drops it back in when I lift him out. However, he oftens sneaks back into his room and puts his hand between the cot bars and reaches it back out again!!

Oooh.... I get to post first!!!

We've just got back from the playschool concert, which Caeleb hated. He started crying as soon as they came on stage and spent the rest of the concert cuddled into me, only turning when they sang the frog song. He did jump off my lap towards the end and climbed under the chairs in front and took a lunch box from someone's baby bag. Opps.

Before it started, I was telling my girlfriend Linda about how Charly and I are looking out for each other, but there was no chance of us actually finding each other, because we don't know what each other look like and there were loads of people there. Then, the woman two seats down said... Are you Celsie?!? OMG!!! IT'S CHARLY!!!

So I've now had the extreme pleasure of meeting the beautiful Charlyfrog and her gorgeous little princesses. They are little stunners, they look like dolls. I think Charly's MIL thinks I'm a nutcase. I gave Charly a big hug... I couldn't help myself. I've been talking with this person for almost two years now and she was right there in the same row. I just HAD to give her a hug!!!

So glad to have finally met you Charly! I'll PM you my mobile number and we'll catch up for a playdate at the park!

Sorry for the selfish post, but I just had to come in and tell you guys!!!

lol you girls crack me up!
    so the concert was good ?

The concert?!?! Was I at a concert?!?! I was still spinning at the face that Celsie was sitting on the same row!!!!!!!!!!!

I arrived all focused on "Celsie spotting" and it was hilarious as she entered my row INFRONT of me with her absolutely precious Caeleb and I did look at her but thought Caeleb looked a bit too much older than my little mooch.......it was only when I heard the phrase....."I've never seen her......"!!!!!!!!

I gave myself whiplash I spun so fast to face Celsie!!! I think my MIL was shocked as these two crazy women were staring at each other with jaws on the ground!!
    Oh and for the record ladies, my MIL thinks that Celsie is absolutely lovely!!! AND SO DO I!!!!

Caeleb is a little stunner I tell you........so sweet!! So cuddly!! He is a real cutie pie!!!

I love the fact that Celsie said to me when she jumped up, that she had to hug me!! Coz I so wanted to do the same but didn't want her to run scared!!

DD#2 did the same, wasn't too keen, occasionally joined in on a song or two but if I put her down, was not impressed. DD#1 onthe other hand was happy as larry to dance and clap, hehe. I thought it was good, even better I met Celsie!! Lol!!

Ok best dash, of to chiro now.......yes all this excitement put my back out..... , joking!

Sooooooooooooo great to meet you finally Celsie sweety!! Felt so cheeky to know your secret, lol. Nothing coming out of my mouth here, promise!!! Will text you my number as would love to catch up....

Now to meet the rest of you precious ones.......................

MWA!!!

How SPOOKY that you were sat so close together

It's amazing really. There was well over 1000 people there. I looked at Charly and thought... nah, won't be her.

I'm still completely spun out! I've told that story to so many people already and they all think it's amazing!

And thank you for keeping my secret Charly I was a little worried that you were going to congratulate me... that would have been so horrible. The lady I was sitting with, told me a few weeks back that they can't have any more children, so that little angel on her lap with be her one and only. She's one of my closest friends, but I'm yet to tell her I'm pregnant. I know she'll be happy for me, but I also feel like I'm rubbing her face in it (I know I'm not), but you know what I mean. And it's so close to her telling me her news. Talk about bad timing.

awww, you're so lovely thinking of her like that Celsie. How much longer do you think you'll wait til you tell her? She might be sad for herself but happy for you iykwim? Tricky one isn't it? Thinking of you

MumofLewis - lol! Spooky indeed! I just told DH (he's doing a horrid long shift) and he thought it was hilarious!! Yup, still spinning.......

Hi everyone

I feel like I never have time to post these days.... So I'm sorry for the lack of personals, but I seem to be too slow in keeping up with everyone's news. Nevetheless, I will try...

Charly and Celsie - yay at your meeting I have been reading your posts re trying to spot each other... Is there any reason why you hadn't arranged to meet IRL before this?? Pity that Caeleb hated the concert.

Dragonstorm - good luck with getting a new job. I too had a nasty work experience last year (nothing compared to yours!!), so I am a bit apprehensive about going to work again. Luckily I am studying for the next few months so don't have time to look for a job, let alone do one.

PP - Glad that Ashley went okay at daycare. Hope she has recovered from her incident with the dog.

Missbanana - wow you have one huge boy! Re potty training - we started when Diana was 4 weeks old. Basically we put her on the potty at all nappy changes and encourage her to go by making psss noises. We also put her on the potty when she wakes up from a nap and watch for signs that she might want to go and put her on the potty thn. HTH.

Well, Diana had a casting today for a ALDI catalogue. She was extremely wriggly and didn't want to sit still for the photographer, so I don't know if she will get the job. Fingers crossed that she does.

Diana is still not quite walking. She took two steps by herself this morning, but then fell over and hasn't tried it again since. She doesn't seems to want to walk though, but wants to run straight away. She also said "button" about 3 times yesterday while pointing to the buttons on my dress. It was quite strange, as I don't normally wear many things with buttons, so I don't know how she learned the word... (Maybe from watching TV... or maybe she was trying to say "boobie"...)

Hi to everyone else. Hope you have a great weekend.

Isn't that funny Starfish about the word button. Lewis said a greek word yesterday that he would have only heard a few times from is Grandma yet he doesn't say Mummy or Daddy yet and I tell him those words all day long!!! Mmm, maybe that's why!

for Dianna's casting, I'd be so excited to see her in the Aldi catalogue!

Starfish - good luck for the casting! WOuld love to get ashley into stuff like that but wouldnt know where to start

MofL - what greek word did Lewis say? Ashley isnt speaking any greek yet . she understands it though when we speak it to her - so amazing when you think about it

He said 'Bou ise' meaning where are you. His yia yia plays a hide and seek game with him where she says 'bou ise' and he hides in the kitchen! Are you both Greek then? I'm English, DH is Cypriot.

Nah Sarah i am skip! lol

DH is greek. He asked if Ds spends lots of time with his YiaYia?? I think that would make a huge difference to raising a biligual child! We dont use too may words... (all which i suck at saying anyhow lol).

Thats super cool though! I tell Dh that Ashleys first word will be jourjour! as he always sings when changing her nappy - 'goulaw and jourjour' clean your 'goulaw and jourjour' - .... mmmmm ask DH what they mean (sorry i have spelt them phonetically) and then you will realise we will have a confused child!! lol

I say 'ella' a lot to get her to follow me "come here" so maybe she will say that! .... sometimes i think people will think her name is actually Ella not ashley lol!
    Last edited by PinkPalace; August 23rd, 2008 at 11:24 AM.

Ha I liked the name Ella for a girl but it would have been Ella Ella when I wanted her to come here!!

then you would sing .. "under my umbrella! Ella ella! lol!"

Oh love the bilingualness!! My SIL is Spanish so her kids do understand a lot but don't speak it as much, however my brother has become almost a pro at it! (not bad for a tru blu ozzie, hehe)

PinkPalace
    - I did see a thread awhile ago about child modelling and a site recommended was "TinLids"...... I checked it out and it looks quite good. Although not doing anything with it at this stage myself, just perusing the possibilities, lol.

Starfish
    Charly and Celsie - yay at your meeting I have been reading your posts re trying to spot each other... Is there any reason why you hadn't arranged to meet IRL before this??
    yes, because I am an overly cautious scaredy cat..... .......

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyfrog View Post
    Oh love the bilingualness!! My SIL is Spanish so her kids do understand a lot but don't speak it as much, however my brother has become almost a pro at it! (not bad for a tru blu ozzie, hehe)

PinkPalace
    - I did see a thread awhile ago about child modelling and a site recommended was "TinLids"...... I checked it out and it looks quite good. Although not doing anything with it at this stage myself, just perusing the possibilities, lol.

Starfish

yes, because I am an overly cautious scaredy cat..... .......
    See now that's not true Charly! It was very brave of you to speak up. That was a very brave thing to do. You could have kept quiet and I would have been none the wiser.

Was it Miss Banana who was asking about toilet training? We did pretty much the same as Starfish, although we started at about 3 months. It's called Elimination Communication. It's easier to do with a baby under 6 months, but it is possible to do with other children too. Google it or have a look on the Natural Parenting Australia website, I'm sure there will be articles on there about it.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8851

We got ashleys big bed today! so excited to set up her room (although she is still in the cot lol!)

PinkPalace - Love the bed!! So exciting And the quilt cover is precious - love how it co ordinates with the wall hanging, noice! Btw, love the pics! Specially the one of Ashley asleep on the floor...awwwwwwww Did you knit those shorts and pants?!?!? They are so cute!

Celsie - oh gee thanks, hehe. Oh if I hadn't said anything I know I would've considered myself the biggest doof ball afterwards, lol!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast