Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Luey, Nic posted about something similar in the BF thread here : BF chatter might help??

Just a quick post...

Luey I really here you about the overnight feeds cause I am really struggling with them as well, he was feeding every 2/3 hrs which while not ideal was bearable but over the last week or so he is up every 90 mins to an hour or less sometimes. So sending you heaps of these
    About the feeding to sleep - trap thing, I have started to do this again & was worried about it as well & then I read a really great quote "we worry that when babies do something 'good' or develop a 'good' habit that it isn't going to last forever or long enough & then when the do something bad or develop 'bad' habits that they are never going to change or break that habit. Habits are just habits, they can be changed & broken" can't remember who it was by but it made me relax a little & remember that babies are developing so quickly & going through so many developmental phases ATM that it isn't going to be like this forever, when they are at school you certainly won't be feeding him to sleep (at least I won't be )
    I also worry about my supply cause they are feeding so often & my boobs aren't as 'full' as they use to be but Barb was saying the ABA did a study which showed that the average time b/f babies fed was 2 hrly, obviously some went longer between feeds & some shorter but 2 hrs was average. Also my boobs have settled into that routine so they don't feel so full. Through the day Dusty is only ever on for 2/3 mins & he is pulling off & at night feeds for much longer. I was reading somewhere it is because they are so distracted through the day they want to be off doing stuff not feeding & D definitely feeds for longer at night. I also feed him when he wakes up & then feed him just before I put him back down, this has 2 effects, helps with supply cause of the stimulation & even if he isn't taking too much then he is getting more then if I just fed him once IYKWIM? When E takes the formula is that at night or through the day? When he takes the formula has he had solids that day?
    Another reason he could be feeding so often is for comfort, he might only want a few mins of comfort & you said he wasn't well. D is teething on & off, he is grumpy & grouchy for a few days & chomping on everything & then will be fine & the last few days he is teething. I took him for a walk & at the end he was just screaming & screaming so I stopped the pram tried to soothe him put my fingers in his mouth in desperation & as soon as I did that he shut up & chomped on the hard (eww I know I would normaly wash my hands first but I was desperate). The only sign of teeth I have is I can feel a tiny edge & it seems to go back down in the mornings. He is definitely worse at night. Which could be another reason why he is up so often cause he is in pain.
    I have thought about formula too but then think what if it doesn't work I can't go back unless you do as bec said & keep up your supply but I know I am too lazy for that.
    The only way I can cope at the moment is when he goes down for his morning sleep I sleep as well & sometimes for his afternoon sleep. I try not to think about what happened yesturday & how bad his routine was as today is a new day & I try & do his routine as much as he wants to. I don't feel guilty about sleeping through the day especially if I was up all night. Sometimes on the weekend DP will take D for me & bring him back for feeds & then I put him to sleep but mostly I rest/sleep for the morning until after D's first sleep which is about 11 am.
    You obviously have to do what works for you & your situation. I know it is hard & you really are doing a fabulous job, all I can suggest is to tackle things one day at a time, you are nearly there to your 6 mnth goal.
    Oh & BTW you are not being selfish this is what we are here for so you can know you are definitely not alone & we are going through similar things.

HTH

I'll be back for personals later... good to hear from you rustygirl
    & this was going to be a quick post yeah right

Thankyou all. I know formula won't be the solution to his not sleeping but.... it is tempting.He just won't take the boob, or not without pulling off totally distracted.

Dusty sounds very similiar to E, pleased I am not alone but it is not a good thing.
    E is getting solids, maybe twice a day, not heaps but whatever he wants, he usually has at least a teaspoon probably more. I try to offer the boob just before a sleep and he won't always take it, will bite me. When he is very distressed from not going to sleep despite me comforting him Ithink he is thirsty so will usually drink then and go straight off to sleep as soon as I put him down.

My boobs have really decreased in size and fullness in the last week or so. I try to feed as much as I can but if he won't take it...... E won't always drink formula, he will push it away if he doesn't want it and spit the teat out.

What I have been doing this morning is offering the boob then some formula. He won't always drink either but I have tried. My hubby is very supportive in whatever I decide to do. I just don't want to regret not trying harder IYKWIM? Maybe I should express but I don't think that will do much.

I just found this page ladies, what a COOL idea! for bubs who can't yet sit.... Panda Baby

Luey and Laura......how are you girls doing? Mel you too?? Thinking of you xxx

I'm OK Bec.Thank you for being 'Mumsy' it's nice!

Sam has had a bad fever the last two days.It was almost 40 when we took him to the doctor this morning.He has a middle ear infection.The poor thing is really bad.He hasn't slept more than 10 minutes in the past 24 hours.

My eyes are falling out of my head and I just feel so helpless.

Bbl if Sam has a longer sleep.

Hope everyone is well.

Oh no Laura! Poor Sam chin up if he has antibiotics he should be feeling a lot better tomorrow, and he should sleep well tonight if you've gotten a acouple of doses in to him.

Hi everyone how are we all?

catherinemoses - Your fathers day sounds a bit like mine. Glad to hear you guys had so much fun with a coke bottle. At least you know a cheap toy if ever you need one .

laurab - Sorry things have been not that great for you lately, I know how trying PND can be. I hope things look up soon for you.

becstar - Great that you have your own space back. yeah for Jake starting to sit and crawl a bit.

rusty - From my experience with Will 3 to 4 hours is a normal stretch of time between bottle feeds. Sometimes he would want more of even less, depended really. Weather was a big factor, if it was hotter he would sometimes go 2 to 3 hours but would not finish a bottle.

luey - It sounds like it has been tough for you. But well done on how long you have been able to BF it is a really great achievement. I gave up after 7 weeks. I know the ABA has an online counseling service you can access. I used them a few times with Will and found it helpful.

njd - Do what you have to to get sleep I say. If I have learned anything so far it is that the dishes will always pile up and the washing will always stay unfolded no matter what I do so I may as well get rest when I can. I hope all this night feeding settles soon. for you.

Well Will is still rolling on his tummy every chance he gets but can't roll back. He has a really short temper and gets pretty cranky with himself. I let him go sometimes as I figure he has to learn for himself. No sign of sitting yet, just flopping. He cut his fourth tooth this morning at a friends baby's Baptism.

Speaking of Baptisms we have already been to two this last week with another 3 coming up over the next month. All the bubs are in my mothers group and around the same age and I am really starting to feel it in the hip pocket. The thing is today's is the only church service, all the others are no religious 'Name Day's' and some of the mums are getting really pushy with wanting presents like gold charm bracelets and engraved pewter money boxes. What ever happened to being happy with what you got? It's not like these bubs will be using nay of this gear any time soon. Its so bad I'm thinking of backing out of the last few because I just can not afford that sort of thing.

Hi Gals,

Luey, Nina and Nic - to you all. Sleep deprivation is pretty cruel, so you all deserve big pats on the backs for keeping it together as well as you are. Things are bound to improve, hopefully soon.

Luey - Cam is like E on and off with the bottle and boob. I think they're at an age where they're easily distracted but I also think that sometimes when they're hungry, they get really anxious for a feed and can work themselves up a bit and when they're presented with boob/bottle they kind of won't get stuck into it properly. That make sense?? Luckily Cam is generally a good feeder, but we definitely have days where he won't feed properly and I get strung out.

On feeding ... I feed Cam about every four hours. My boobs only feel full first thing of a morning or if Cam's being fussy and he drinks from one boob but not the other (so the other boob often feels full by the next feed). So I wouldn't stress overly if you don't feel full during the day - I generally don't and Cam's getting plenty (the tell tale milk dribble says it all!). Some days Cam drinks really well for 15 or so mins, other days he'll have a couple of feeds where he pulls on and off and will drink for 5-6 mins max. I used to stress a bit, but recently I've got a more devil-may-care attitude, cos I now know when he's hungry, he'll drink. Generally he'll always have at least 2-3 good feeds a day.

On sleeping ... Cam's really one of the few who is sleeping through the night. I actually feel guilty about it when I read of your struggles with your babies at night. Anyway, a possibly useless piece of information coming up ... a nurse acquaintance of mine swore by giving her babies cooled boiled water (in a bottle) at night when they woke, to break them of the "habit" of wanting milk. Apparently after a week or two they started sleeping through the night. I'm putting this out there as a thought only as although it worked for her, it may not work for others. I haven't tried it and can't vouch for her method. Good luck guys ... sending baby sleep vibes your way.

Nic - your advice always makes good sense. Gold stars for you (and I mean that seriously!)

Nina - woo hoo about the wedding. It's an exciting - and busy - time.

Bec - yay for Jake crawling and scooting about. How's things at home with Ben and DH?

Laura - poor little Sam. Hope he feels better soon and you both get some sleep.

Macca - it's absolutely disgraceful that mums are requesting what gifts they want for their child's baptism. WTF? My reaction would be "get stuffed" (although I may say it under my breath!). How's the Build Up treating you? I imagine it's getting rather sticky ... thank god for air cons!

We're off to Adelaide on Tuesday (driving) and will be gone 2 weeks. In case I don't get to BB, can I just say "HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY JAMES" , followed by Happy Half Birthday Dusty, Ari and Cam (16th), Seraya, Jake, Flynn ... um, who's next? Who the heck can believe our babies are 6 months old - man, time has flown.

Andie xx
    Last edited by AndiE; September 13th, 2008 at 11:16 PM.

Thankyou all for your warm wishes and suggestions

Andie- good luck driving. Remember to have room on the back seat so you can sit beside him if need be or change a nappy. I am going to get a car seat organiser so I can have all the things I need easily accessed. So much easier than getting the nappy bag and stuff out of it. I would probably suggest a small container with a sealable lid to put poopy nappies in, an old ice cream container would work. The nappy sacks work ok but is good to seal the smell away, plus I am always afraid I will put my foot on the bag and get poop everywhere. Pity I am so far from adelaide otherwise I would have loved to have caught up. But I am sure you will be flat out anyway. I ahve heard about the cooled boiled water but at the moment he still *needs* them, when he is having more solids I my try it.

njd - how is the (not) sleeping going? E is doing the same still, about every 2 hours last night. WEnt back to sleep at 6 this morning so I did too.

BEc- How are things? Thanks for thinking of us.

MAcca- E is the opposite, he can roll from tummy to back but not quite the other way yet. Getting closer though.

rustygirl - glad cohen likes the walker. I think E would like one, but not in our house as we have a sunken lounge and there is too much for him to get into in the lounge. I know I will have to babyproof soon but am too lazy yet.

Mel - how was Tresillian? Isit worth it?

Laura- Hope Sam is feeling better and you can get rest too.

E was sooo feral yesterday, hardly slept very grizzly, Think it is/was teeth. There are a few lumps on his gums but not convinced it is teeth. Anyway I better change E's nappy as it has leaked all over me. That will teach me for not changing it sooner.
    Last edited by luey; September 14th, 2008 at 11:04 AM.

Andie - My two cents worth and extending on what luey said about car seat organisers. My MIL gave me one that hangs over the back of the passenger seat and has great pockets that are deep. Its also very colorful so it gives Will something top look at. Toy R Us sell them I think. But yeah I defiantly rate a car organiser of some kind.

Luey - You could be right about teeth giving E problems. Before each tooth will got we would be grizzly, waking a lot during the night and wanting more night feeds. For a while I was giving him teeth gel several times a day as nothing else seemed to work. He was never 'sick' per say just really off and really hard to deal with. Drove me nuts.

Hi Ladies,
    Luey, I hate it when the nappies leak but I did get a giggle cause I've done something similar - I thought Dusty farted on me once & it wasn't until I could feel that his back was wet that I realised it was a wet fart You're right it's good to know I'm not the only one having sleep issues but it isn't a good thing. I'm lucky D has only bitten me once, he tends to purse his lips together when he doesn't want anymore so you definitely can't make them drink if they don't want it. I asked about the solids & formula because I was thinking that maybe he was having too much solids but from what you have described you are giving him the formula after boob & are giving him solids consistently so I don't think it has anything to do with it especially if this is a recent thing where he fusses at the boob. Like you I know that he needs the night feeds as well ATM cause he fusses so much through the day I just wish he wasn't waking up so often.

I also agree with Macca, D hasn't been sick or had a temp or anything but he gets really really unsettled for a few days & then is o.k & the pattern seems to be continueing, I know it is teeth cause I can feel it finally!! I can't see it but I can feel it so I am a bit excited I have something to show for my unhappy little man. You have done a great job of b/f this far so if you do decide to give him formula you still have given him a great start.

D was unsettled for most of yesturday but then seems to have settled last night but was a bit grizzly again today. I think the worse thing, when he is like this, is that he just wants me there. It breaks my heart when he looks up at me with those eyes like mum I don't feel good come & pick me up & hold me while I play with my toys or cuddle me.
    On the sleep front I'm a bit torn but excited, he usually doesn't go down for the night (besides waking for feeds) until between 9.30 & 11 so I have been trying to get him down earlier with only limited success. So I got him to bed @ 7 & he woke up at 7.45 (no surprises there) I tried to feed him so he would go straight back to sleep but he wasn't having any of that so we let him up so he was awake & playing. As he hadn't had any solids I decided to give him some rockmelon which he just seemed to gum must have been soothing on his teeth because it was cold but he did eat a nice piece. Then we played until he must have been exhuasted as he didn't go down until 10.30, I didn't have to rock the cradle or him or anything he went to sleep by himself woo hoo, he did stir for at least 1/2 hr but he stayed asleep. He didn't wake up until 3.15 AM in the morning Lucky for me we had storms here so I didn't get on the computer & I got nearly 4 hrs of sleep last night. It felt so good. So I don't know if it is because he had something to eat or cause he went to bed so late. I doubt it will be repeated but

Laura, a temp of 40 is scary, I hope everything is o.k, how are you going? I'm going to take the big sister approach, I'm glad the counselling has you thinking about what has happened in the past & are starting to work through it cause sometimes I have to get things a little straight in my head before I can say it. Now that you have been thinking about it make sure you tell your psych. I'm glad you can see that light & it will only get brighter.

Macca, thanks I agree about the sleeping thing & before I had D I always one of those people 'you should do it this way you should do it that way', boy was I in for a surprise now I'm like 'whatever you got to do to get through the day then do it' within reason of course but if they are sick/teething or whatever it isn't going to last forever. I am also lucky not to have any other children & I don't have to work ATM so that really helps. I want another one but it scares me at the same time. I can't believe that people have so much expectation on what you should give their children for baptism/naming days, it's as if the only reason they are doing this is for the presents. Something that could be cheaper for you especially if you are creative (& I'm definitely not) but could you do something nice with their names, a painting, spelling out the child's name or initials with shells or something?? could be a cheaper way out of it for you. Otherwise I think I would be tempted to not go either.

Andie, on the solids front, love the faces, what I can't believe is they have this look of disgust but want more & keep scoffing it in - hilarious. I'm glad your relaxed about what Cam is doing cause he will do it in his own sweet time. My bro didn't walk until he was 15 mnths so they all end up 'catching up' & being the same in the end. Don't be guilty about Cam sleeping through it is good that he sleeps through & there are so many other things to be guilty about Goodluck with your travels to Adelaide on Tues & safe travellilng. We went to the coast when D was about 3 mnths & we made sure we had a bin about the size of a 10 L bucket full of a few different toys, so that I would leave the toy that would really hold his attention until I really needed it so he wasn't bored with it when I needed to distract him & what the others have suggested is really good too. Happy 1/2 year birthday on Tues, I can't believe our babies are growing up so fast, I remember he was 6 weeks old & I didn't know how I was going to cope & here we are 6 mnths gone - soon it will be x-mas & then they will be 1 (then off to school - noooooo it isn't going to happen )

Nina, Good to hear from you. A wedding, I bet you are very busy, congragulations & all the best. If you are concerned about the walker you could always take the wheels off then he can still be sitting & you can put him near you but he can't move it himself. I'm glad his eczema has cleared up. About the solids, I wouldn't be too worried about it ATM, cause they get all they need from the milk at this age (even formula). Food is more about the taste & texture & experimenting rather than for it's nutritional value IYKWIM? There's no point torturing yourself & him if it is stressing you out. You could try to offer him some every now & then but make it fun. I know that D doesn't like mush/puree so you could try making it a bit lumpier or just give him a rusk, cruskit, some steamed brocoli (cause it has a natural handle) etc... it won't all go down but that isn't the point. From the sounds of it night time feeding seems to be normal, goodluck, hope it improves for you.

Bec, you are great, as if you would be a thread killer. I love how you get all mumsy with us, it's nice. Loved the trampoline thing that was great. yay for sitting, I tend to let D go just make sure he has some pillows around him. I understand how you feel about not wanting them to crawl & growing up sniff sniff. Milestones are always good though. How are you? how is DH?

Catherine, had a good fathers' day, we went out for lunch with my dad, DP's dad & my sis so it was a bit of a family affair which was nice. I didn't get DP anything but I know what I wanted to do which was get some canvas & some paints & have D use his feet to create something on it. I will have to do that soon. The coke bottle is a great idea, I am going to have to use that. I do put some lollies/pasta in a tuppaware container & that works well too.

Mel, how are you going?? how is James sleep going??

Now I am sure I have missed something or someone but I really need to get to bed before D wakes up. I did have to mention one more woohoo for us (see good stuff mixed in with the bad makes you appreciate the good so much more), he had his 6 mnth check up last Thur & he is officially 10kg (with clothes on) & 70.5 cm long, I knew he was big as he is in 0's & 1's but I didn't realise he was this big. So proud of my chubbabubba.

gotta go could keep going. Sending sleeping dust & fairies your way bye bye now

I would jinx myself wouldn't I , I have a little person playing on the floor as we speak

Hi Ladies
    How was your weekend? Ours was great. Mick was home for the whole weekend and we went our for dinner for the first time since Isabella was born. It was wonderful.
    Isabella had her EEG last Wednesday and we won't know the results for 10 days. We have to go and see the paediatrician on 25th Sept. Isabella was great. She didn't like having the leads put on her head and she slept thru the test and I was cuddling her which helped.
    On the weekend we put Isabella in a car seat as she was getting too small and heavy for the capsule. I had her weighed on Friday and she was 7.33kg and is now in 00. I tried her on farex again yesterday but wasn't really interested. I thought I might try her again today before she has her bottle.
    Isabella does strange things like yesterday . She woke up at 5am for a feed and then she went back to bed and was awake again at 6.30am. I tried to resettle her but not a chance. Anyway I picked her up and she stayed up for a while and then she got grumpy, so I mixed a bottle up (it had been 3 hours since her last feed) but she didn't want it so I put her back to bed and she slept till about 11am. Isabella is down to 4 bottles a day sometimes 5.
    Isabella can roll from stomach to back and is trying really hard to roll the other way but just can't get the leg over. There is no signs of teeth and isn't sitting up yet but Riley was late at doing things.

On a sad note, Mick has gone away again. I don't know how long this time. He was gone all week last week. I'm not so bad at the start of the week but by the end of the week I miss him .
    Anyway its such a beautiful day here to day and I would like to get out a little bit more with Riley
    Take care
    Jo

hi girls,

Nic: wow 10 kgs, he is certainly a chubba, great pictures of Dusty too, he is obviously enjoying that food lol James was weighed last week and was 7 kg lol and he is the oldest here and no sign at all of sitting up ! he only rolled twice at 4.5 months and hasnt bothered since lol but like Andie it doesn't worry me in the slightest, the longer i can keep him still the better ! our 2.5 year old is busy enough for the both of them !

Luey: for you, dont i know how difficult the whole sleep thing is, James has been sick yet again - with an "asthma like" illness, dr didnt exactly say what it was just that it wasnt croup or an infection, so we have been rocking him to sleep so he didnt get distressed and wheeze more so he has turned into a monster overnight, he will wake anywhere from 2-4 hours but is almost impossible to get back to sleep, each time taking up to an hour of rocking and everytime we stop the crying starts, its frustrating as during the day he goes off easily and sleeps 2-3 hours at a time, he still occasionally has 30 min stretches too.
    as for tresillian, well the final verdict from the manager was that the protocol is no monitors as she said she had to go along with that so we didnt go (was supposed to be last week, either way we couldnt have gone because James was sick, so i dont think we were meant to be there !) i had lost faith in them by that point anyway

Nina: how exciting that your wedding is soon, i hope you have a great day

Andie: wow huge road trip for you, you are brave, last week i had to take James and Emily to a kids birthday party an hour away and i was quite nervous as we havent taken James that since he was about 3 weeks old, he lasted 30 mins before the screaming started. haave a great time away. and i 2nd your happy birthday wishes to everyone, i told james last wednesday on his 6 months if DH and i made it through the next 6 month he would get a big party lol

Bec: how are you all going ? yay for Jake on the move, wow you are going to be kept so busy !

Laura: like Nic said its good you are dealing with things, i hope getting the full story out to your psychiatrist helps, hows Sam going ? they usually pick up quickly once they get the antibiotics into them

hi to Hayley, Macca, Reenie, Catherine and anyone i have missed

so my latest drama is im suffering from bad carpal tunnel, didnt get it in my pregnancies but have suffered both times i breastfed, im off to have nerve conduction studies tomorrow, dont they sound fun !
    and the other story is our problems with brestfeeding, james has been a pain to bf for about the last 2 months, wont sit still, kicks his legs, pinches and scratches my boob and at times headbutts it as if he is listening to Bohemian Rhapsody lol i have tried wrapping him, dont make any difference, it has been driving me insane and then last week he would get on and suck for about 10 seconds before screaming and i had to give him a bottle so of course i had full boobs and a baby that was constantly getting bottles, i didnt know what to do with him, i was hoping we could just get through it but being bad for 2 months was getting to me, he isnt fighting the boob as such just wont sit still and feed ! he also bf then screams for formula at night, sometime taking 150 mls and other times 50 mls, im sure it isnt a hunger thing (he isnt eating much solids, not too keen so far !) its a habit now and one that is annoying, boy this child is challenging !

Melinda

jo your post just popped up, i hope the results for Isabella are all good, and gosh hasn't she stacked on the weight lately, she must have been going through clothes sizes quickly ! i hope the week goes quickly for you and DH returns safely ! enjoy the sunshine, beautiful day here too but windy
    Last edited by melbell45; September 15th, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

Mel I hope James feels better soon. Is your ankle all better? Poor you on having nerve conduction studies. I would just go with the flow with the bottle, Maybe he is hungrier some days? I am all for going with whatever gets you through the day. Hence why we have sleep problems. Pooh on Tresillian. Hopefully things will soon settle.

Jo - Wooo 7.33kg. E is about 7.7kgish. Hopefully the EEG is ok. I hate waiting for results.

Hi girls,
    Gosh I haven't been on in a couple of days and it took me half an hour to read all the posts!
    Flynn has been a shocker too lately. His night time sleeps have been a little bit better. Usually only waking once over night, I can handle that. But his daytimes have been horrible. I am wondering if he is teething. I can't feel any teeth but he has been so out of sorts and not his generally happy self and that is all I can put it down to.
    I am wanting to wean him and I tried to give him a bottle of formula this morning but he refused to take it and was gagging on it. He happily took the boob tho... Anyway he had a shocking afternoon/evening and I tried to put him to sleep with a feed and he bit me! Gosh it made me mad, anyway after about 45 minutes of screaming I got DH to give him a bath and I expressed a pitiful amount (about 10-20 ml) and mixed that with some formula and got DH to feed him. He has been asleep now for 2 hrs. I think I will try and give him another mixed bottle before I turn in for the night.
    Sorry I don't have time for any personals (I feel a bit overwhelmed by how many posts there have been)
    for everyone!

Good Morning!

I have so much to reply to so I am doing to give it my best shot.Sorry if I leave you out!

Catherine - Mixing formula with breast milk is probably the way to go and getting DH to give it to him.I know that Sam will take expressed breastmilk if Dh gives it to him but he won't take it from me.I hope his sleeping gets better for you.

Luey - I'm sorry to hear that feeding isn't going well for you, it must be very hard.As for the leaking nappies,It happens all the time to me! Would you believe though that it have never happened with cloth!

Bec - I have 3 lots of Fluffy mail to pick up from the post office today! Yay, 4 of the new Minky BBH and 3 Bubblebubs.I love getting Fluffy mail! I have a question for you though, what do use at night? I haven't been game to use them at night yet.I did borrow a BBH from a friend to try but by the morning you could smell wee really bad! is that normal or just the nappy?maybe it needed a strip wash?
    How is everything else going?

Nic - How is the sleep going? Those photos you sent around are so cute! Wow 10kg, little Fatty Puff! I am curious to see what Sam will be at 6 months, he was 9.4kg at 5 months but I think he has slowed right down.

Mel - Sam is the same with rolling, he did at once at 3.5 months then again at 4.5 and never again.I just don't think he feels the need.He has been doing this thing when he is on his back though, he kind kicks his legs up and moves along the floor backwards.Funny to watch.
    Carpel Tunnel? That doesn't sound good.Good luck today.Let us know how you go.

Ewol - Don't think I am on you email list, I didn't get photos of Isabella.Would love to see them though.It must be very hard for you having Mick away so often, especially when you don't know for how long.Thinking of you.

Andie - Have fun away! Hope the drive goes OK!

Macca - I hear you on the Baptisms gifts.Really it's a lot to expect such expensive thing.It's not what it's about anyway.Personally (and don't shoot me anyone) I am not getting Sam Baptised or anything.If he decides later in life that he wants to then he can.

Sam is slowly getting better.Just after I posted that he had a Middle Ear Infection his all this stuff started coming out of his ear, I completely freaked out and though he was going to brain damaged or something.Took him back to the Doctor and he said that he had burst his eardrum(I think that's what he said anyway).It's actually not a bad thing because it relieves the pressure buildup and it will heal in its own time.His fever has gone now but he is left with a really stuffy noes and cough still.I'm guessing the Antibiotics don't fix that and that it's just a matter of riding it out.

Nights have been so bad.last night was a bit better.He woke every two hours still though.I am just so physically and mentally exhausted right now.Feeling pretty down on myself but I'm sure that will lift when I get some more sleep.

My Doc and MCHN are trying to get me to go to a Mother/Baby unit.I don't think I really want to go though,well part of me does but only for the help with Sam and not having to cook!I hated being in hospital after he was born though and I am worried they would make me do controlled crying with Sam.I think that would make things worse for ,e though.I am so sensitive to him crying that I haven't even gotten him 4 month shots yet.I am going next week with my mum.So I am a bit confused about it.I also wonder if I would be taking the spot of someone who needed it more.

On a happy note...I laughed till I cried for the first time since Sam was born the other day.My sister and her 18months old were over.My nephew J is really into making animal sounds and actions atm and his favorite is a snake.He holds out his arm and goes 'ssssssss'.Anyway he was on his hands and knees and ****ed his back leg instead of his arm and went 'ssssss' It looked like he was a dog weeing.I know we shouldn't have laughed but it was just so funny.Of course because we laughed so much he now keeps doing it.My sister phoned me last night to say that he had done it while in a busy cafe with her mothers group!
    I am really immature aren't I!

Anyway I better be off now.

Laura xxx

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast