Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Hi Everyone.
    Flynn had his 4 month needles today. He cried a lot more than last time and I felt very mean. He has been pretty good tho today considering!. He slept thru on Tuesday night, but hasn't repeated that trick again ! Oh well I'm sure he'll be doing it soon enough. I'm so stupid tho I didn't bother to go to bed early as I figured he would be up soon I might as well stay up. I should be in bed now in case he does it again tonight! I'm hoping to try and get to the gym in the mornings instead of the evenings, so I need to be getting to bed earlier anyway. I bought Flynn this thing (I don't know what to call it, DH and I call it a play station!!) It's like a walker but it doesn't have wheels and it has heaps of toys around it. Anyway, Flynn absolutely loves it! The little guy is a bit small for it but I stuff a pillow in behind him and boost him up with the lambskin under his feet and he has a grand old time in it! Definitely a good investment!
    Laura Hey nice avatar! I'm a bit jealous of your massage. It sounds wonderful, I hope you really enjoy it you deserve it! Wow rolling! It'll be a sad and joyous occasion when Flynn starts rolling iykwim!
    njd Glad you had a nice nights sleep. That is pretty reasonable imo! It's usually what Flynn does and I'm quite happy with that. It sucks when they get sick huh? I hope he improves quickly.
    luey Glad to hear that E is getting a bit more sleep; That is good for everyone! Hope you have a breakthrough with night time sleeps soon.
    Mel How are you going girl? Thinking of you and little James
    Hi everyone else. Hope you are all well
    Catherine

Hey all.

How is everyone? I have big news! Seraya has started crawling!! I can't believe it myself! I always joked about her crawling at four months because of how strong and active she is. Well I put her down last night as I always do for tummy time. She took off!!! She didn't get far at first but she made it off her play mat. Then this morning she did it again and was in the middle of the room in no time!! She is only commando crawling and still unco,but MY GOD. I can't believe it. It took India a fewe weeks to get it down pat. I am glad we are finally moving in a couple of weeks. Into a house!!! Yay
    Is everyone over the winter sniffles?
    NJD I am starting an arts degree to get my GPA up and will be studying media and marketing. WIth a few other subjects thrown in as well.
    FYI I had India sleeping in a cot from 5 months. She was quite big though and out grew her bassinette quickly. I am happy that both the girls self soothe. No rocking required. I love being able to put them down and know they will drift off to sleep. I always make sure they have access to some stimulation, like danglys and toys. Which is something to occupy them to and help them get rid of that last bit of pent up energy.
    How is Bec and Mel going??

Well gtg cook dinner. xx

Cool

Reenie: about Seraya crawling, that is sooo exciting. The closest Dusty gets is when I put my hands/legs behind his feet & he pushes himself forward. GL with your studies. I think I am going to have to try the self soothing thing, I am a little worried about it & TBH I don't know where to start?
    Laurab: don't ya hate it when they won't repeat a "trick", Dusty will only roll onto his right side. I will have to give him more tummy time. Hope the sleeping settle for you soon & you get a good few hours in a stretch. How was your massage today??
    catherinemoses: does the 'playstation' take up much room?? I don't want a walker but my sister had one of those things you have & it seemed great. I am tossing up as I don't have a lot of room in my house do I just get a high chair or do I get both a high chair & one of those things as well??
    Mel
    How is everyone else going??

Dusty seems to be getting better but I think I am now coming down with a cold, first one since he has been born, I just hope I don't give it back to him. Dusty slept for 5 hrs straight on Wed night (absolutely heavenly). Last night we went to the FIL for tea which I think unsettled him & he went back to his old ways of every couple of hours.

I should go he has been asleep now for an hour & he will stay like that for another few hours.

Have a great weekend ladies

WOW so quiet in here.

NJD- Self soothing is hard at first but it does get easier. My Paed tells me that crying doesn't do babies any harm. As I said in an earlier post, they don't have the emotional capacity or neural pathways established to feel like they are being abdandoned or betrayed. They are crying because its a survival instinct and the only way they know how to communicate at this stage. If they cry and we pick them up simply because they want to be picked up, they learn that crying will get them what they want. My 2 year old is still learning, but knows that if she wants something, we only pay attention to her if she asks us politely, not whine and whinge at us. It is something that starts from such an early age. The best way to start if they are already established into being rocked to sleep is to put them down when they are sleepy, not asleep. Then talk to them soothingly without encouraging them to play. Leave the room. Listen. If baby is crying, I do the ten minute rule. As the mother, I know what cry means what. If it sounds like they are in pain I will go and analyse the situation. But usually they will just sound out that whinging cry. If the crying hasn't stopped in ten minutes, go in again and talk to him. Soothe him with your voice. Touch his chest. Then leave. Wait another ten minutes. You may have to repeat this process a few times. You may find that this takes a week or so for him to catch on. Or he may never need to cry to go to sleep again. But I swear this technique works! Some people think its cruel, but both of my girls are the happiest little girls and they never have to be rocked to sleep. If they are sleepy, all I have ever done is put them down, and it's amazing how independant they can be if we just give them the chance! Make sure too you dim the room at night, so they learn the difference between night and day. I still like to have dangly toys for them to play with or bat at incase they aren't ready to sleep straight away.
    By the way on the subject of play things. I had a walker for India. But we moved into a town house and it did take up a lot of room. So I then switched to a jolly jumper which you can get for about $40 from Big W with a noise mat for an extra $20. Plus I have one of those high chairs that clamp onto the table. They take up no room at all and I find it much easier to share the same table with her. She feels like she is being included to. They only cost about $50 from kmart or Target. It is very secure. India is 2 now and she still sits in it. Plus they are very portable. Hope that helps.
    Just wanted to reply to you! I should be in bed now its 2am lol.
    Well ciao for now.

Thanks Reenie for your advice, I am going to have to give it a go. He is still a bit sick so I will wait until he is better. LOL at being up at 2 am, I thought I was bad as I didn't get to bed until 1 am, thought I was the only 1 who stayed up that late
    The jolly jumper idea is great, we already have one so I will get DP to set it up for me & I have seen those mats in Big W so I will get one next time I am in town.
    Little one needs to go to bed, chat later

Hi girls!!!! Missed you all so much!

Stolen my sisters laptop so I don't have time to read all posts sorry, but did a quick scan.

Good to see some newbies Hi!!!

I'm sorry Reenie but I'm at the total opposite end to you with the self soothing thing. Each to their own though

thought I was getting my new pc tomorrow, but my girlfriend got her dates mixed up and thought it was next sunday, not this one dunno if I'll get it.

All is ok here, Jake is feeding on the the booby, but we are still working up to a decent amount. I think he's getting about 25ml each go, which is great but no where near enough, obviously, lol. Jake has also been on the move for weeks now, either he's on his back lifting his bum up and shuffling his feet along or pushing of his latest is also a nearly crawl. He gets his legs up under but cann't hold his arms up so he kinda pushes along, lol. So funny to watch. Makes me sad though.......growing up TOO fast.

Got my Mirena in, went well, no pain or cramps. DH actually spoke of IF we want another....which is an improvement.

Anyhoo, my time is up, can' wait to get back online. Hayley, I posted the nappies (finally!) Friday. Thanks for checking up on me and keeping in touch Mel

xxx

Default Welcome back Bec!

Hi all,

Welcome back Bec - good to hear from you. about Jake feeding off the boob - that's terrific . And hey, 25ml is a damn good start (... re-start?)! Well done for persisting. Look forward to hearing more from you when you're up and running on your pc.

Mel - hope all is ok with you and James. You've been in my thoughts.

Reenie - Thumbs up for your soothing techniques. I'm pretty lucky with Cam, he drops off to sleep reasonably easily. Sometimes I need to go back into his room a couple of times to replace the "dum dum" or re-start his lullaby night-light, but on the whole he's pretty good. Generally if Cam cries for any length of time - after the dum dum's been replaced multiple times - then I just get him up and give him a cuddle till he drops off. To me, the more he cries and works himself up, the less likely he is to sleep. A quiet, gentle cuddle then both soothes him and makes him sleepy. Like Bec said though - each to their own, cos all bubs (and mums) are different. I'm amazed Seraya is crawling - good for her!

Nic - good luck with settling Dusty. How are you feeling - did you end up getting a cold?
    Hope Dusty feels better soon.

CM - Cam had his four-month shots on Thursday. He howled for a minute or two and then was as good as gold. Ran a temp that night, but nothing a shot of baby panadol didn't fix. Think I saw a play station thingamebob at KMart - looked like a fantastic idea. If it's what I'm thinking of, the "seat" swivels around in it ... sound about right?

Laurab - for Sam rolling - that's great news. I'm afraid Cam's nowhere near rolling - he kinda gets part way over but isn't too sure how to go the rest of the way. I'm sure he'll do it in his own sweet time!

Luey - Really pleased to hear how things are going with E re: feeding and sleeping. A happy bub is generally a happy mum (well, IMO!).

Nina - for Cohen AND you - his self settling must make bedtime lots easier!

Eli - sounds like you've got Seth well "trained". for you too!

Jo - hope everything has settled down since your DH's accident.

All's well in my neck of the woods. I've spent the week catching up after our visitors left, although I'm heading up the Sunshine Coast on Friday for a few nights to stay with my "grey nomad" parents, which I'm looking forward to.

Is anyone else's bub almost into '0' size wondersuits? Cam's 66cm ... he's almost pushing through the toes of his 00 wondersuits. Any ideas on how I can stunt his growth - it's costing me a fortune to keep up with his wardrobe!

Catch you later, Andie

HI girls, Lots going on from the last time I was in.
    Thanks for all the support with Cohen and his self settling.

Hey NJD, all I did was put him in his cot when I noticed his tired signs, gave him his dummy, put on some lullabys and a kiss on the forhead and left the room. He kept crying so every time he cried I'd go in redo the whole routine and leave again. I started about 3 weeks ago and it is really working. I don't let him "Cry himself to sleep" cause all he does is work himself up and then there is NO chance of him going back to sleep. If putting the dummy back in doesn't stop the crying (which it usually does anyway) I'll pick him up cause sometimes he has wind and if he does, he'll burp and then I'll put him back down and he'll go back to sleep. Other times he just needs 2 or 3 pats to get him to "it's ok mum is here" then I'll put him down and he's out!!! Still having the odd shocker of a night but it really is worth going through all the "pain" of getting him to do it by himself. I loved patting and rocking him but it would end up taking 1hr- 1.5hrs then I'd go to put him down and he'd wake up anyway. It really couldn't go on forever and it was taking up too much time. It felt as though I wasn't my own person. I now have time with Joel when he comes home from work and we can chill together + I don't dread Cohen's bedtime anymore and that is a great feeling.

Hi Everyone
    NJD yeah the playstation takes up a bit of space, it's about 80cm round, and it can't be made any smaller. Thankfully I've got space for it in Flynn's room if I need the space in the lounge room. Reenie's suggestion about the high chair that goes on the table is good. you could just shove it in a cupboard when you didn't need it. I'm sure Dusty will have fun in the Jolly Jumper. I do similar to Nina re: bedtimes. I think a bedtime routine helps. I still wrap Flynn (I find he sleeps much better if he is wrapped) and he often fights it but he usually only cries for about a minute and then he is out to it. Sometimes he cries a bit longer and that is when I go and try the dummy again and some patting. If he is totally stressed out I pick him up and give him a cuddle wait till he is quiet and then try again. Just try it, there is no right and wrong and no formula either! If you find that after say 15 min it's really not working just rock him to sleep and try for 30min the next time or something. Watch for tired signs and try putting him down then. I personally find that if I'm holding Flynn he stays awake much longer than if I put him down and he is upset for a minute or two. Good luck with it!
    Nina Woo Hoo for Cohen! I'm so happy for you. That is so good that you are getting some time with Joel.
    Andie Yeah that's right the seat spins around. Flynn is so funny in it. There are some toys that are at face height and instead of grabbing them with his hands to put them in his mouth, he just leans near them with his mouth open! Yay for baby panadol, we needed some too. I think he has a touch of diarrhea from his needles tho...not nice! Most of Flynn's 00 are still ok. Some of them are looking a bit small...I don't want to put him in 0...He's growing up so fast, it's not fair! I get a lot of my stuff second hand. They wear them for such a short time that there is nothing wrong with them. A penny saved...
    Bec Welcome back! I've missed you in here! Yay for you BF efforts! Great to hear. Well done James with the "crawling"!
    Reenie I can't believe Seraya is crawling. I'm so not ready for Flynn to start crawling!! My house is nowhere near babyproof!! When do you move??
    I've had a pretty good day...except the laundry flooded oh well. I've got lamb shanks in the slow cooker which we will devour soon...yum yum yum!!
    Hope you have had a lovely weekend

Hi everyone,
    How has everybody's weekends been?
    Well Sam's sleeping seems to be back on track,he has done 4.5 hours at least the last two nights.He hasn't rolled again though,he hasn't even tried to do it.
    Haven't had much of a break at all this weekend because DH has had to work 12 hours yest and 16 today,some sort of shut down.Lucky for me I had the massage Friday.
    Have any of you had Hypnosis before? I'm getting it on Friday because STUPID STUPID me started smoking again after a year of staying off them.I'm very curious.

Reenie - I cannot believe Seraya is crawling already!!That's insane!Must be a strong little thing.

Njd - Hope you're feeling better. Dusty will LOVE the Jolly Jumper.We tried it on Sam the other day and you should have seen his face!

Mel - Hope all is well.

Andie - I'm having the same problem with Sam,the 00 are too short but I'm spending so much money on buying new clothes that I decided to neatly cut the toe of the wondersuits so that the feet part become extra length in the legs.Does that make sense?? It's a bit cheapo and you then have to use socks but it's letting him wear them that little bit longer.Also as Catherine said, Second Hand is great,Op Shops have them for like a dollar.

A big hello to everyone I have missed.I wanted to write more but Sam is waking.

Hi girls.

Been quiet in here again. Well. Quick one from me. Had my Mirena fitted today. Wasn't a pleasant experience. Something I should have done about 3 months ago. But was sick for my 6 week check up and too lazy to rebook. My Obs is always so busy. But I got to see her today. She gave me a local to help the process and it really wasn't as bad as I got myself all worked for. I must admit I went back and forth from not wanting it to considering it. Then I finally thought, what the hell. We stress so much about accidentally falling pregnant. Since every time has been not planned. But a welcomed suprise none the less. At least with Mirena, you are fertile pretty much as soon as you take it out. So we have decided we will try for a son in about 4 years. Which gives me time to have the girls off to school and complete my studies.

Am not sure if you all got my email, with pics and news about my stalker. Won't talk much about it on here. Since I don't know who it is and what they are watching. But yes freaky and very annoying. Glad to say we are moving to a beautiful house on the 12th of August. At least something good has FINALLY come from it.

BTW as for self soothing. I want to be really clear, I was telling NJD about the controlled crying method. As this is often the best for babies who are already established into a rock to sleep pattern or co sleeping. However I always have encouraged my girls to self soothe, which means a night time routine, bath before bed etc. Or sometimes a dummy or a lullaby. Obviously every baby and mother is different so are 100s of possible successful combinations. And of course if your baby is only going to get more worked up by crying, then no this is not a good solution. Controlled Crying should be about getting your baby to learn to find another way to go to sleep. It is NOT about passing out because they are so exhausted from crying. I think that IS cruel. You may as well chain your toddler up on a short lease for the same effect.
    I happen to be very in tune with my girls cries and I know the difference between them wanting attention and needing attention. I guess you just have to work out what is best for you and baby, which most mothers do anyway I just wanted to makesure everyone knew that I am not pushing the controlled crying method on anyone, it really just depends on the baby and the reason they cry. If it is obviously making the situation worse, then I would not recommend it. But if they cry out of want rather then need it is just one of many ways to make your baby a little more independant, which is something that is important for us to do. I think it has helped my girls not be so clingy so far. Early days I guess. But I think I must be doing something right!

Anyways thankfully I am baby proof which has taken a load off.
    BEC- How is your Mirena going? Have you had any cramping or spotting yet. I was on the last of my period today which is when you are meant to have it fitted, so I don't know the whats period and what is spotting from the Mirena being inserted. I have had cramps here and there. But TG for Nurofen. Hope it does get rid of my period though! That will be nice!!

How are you going Mel? Hope you are getting some rest!! xx

Sorry I can't do more personals, I have to go to bed. Up late again, but its the only chance i get some days!! P&L (Peace and love)
    Reenie

Hi everyone hows it all going? Well the boys are back at school (thank goodness ) so master Scout is back to having the run of the house. Not literally of course. He isnt doing alot, rolls to his side but not over and certainly not crawling arghhh that is a scary thought. Needless to say I havent been encouraging him either, being my fourth I want him to stay my baby for as long as possible.
    We are going home to NZ for a holiday at the end of next month, taking Scout to meet all the family there which I am looking forward to. I have been busy trying to find warm clothes and jumpers for everyone so we dont freeze, which isnt fun. The shops are bringing out all the summer stuff already !!!
    Is everyones babies frantically stuffing their fists in their mouths? Scout does this all the time now and dribbles like a trooper but there is no sign of teeth and he is happy not grizzly at all. My other boys were all late teethers too, my first didnt cut till well after his first birthday. He is also "biting" his tongue and my nipples. Ouch! I take him off when he does it but he is also really nosey now too and gets distracted so fast when feeding my poor nipples are beginning to feel worse for wear. I was hoping to feed him at least till we get back from NZ in case he has a horror plane ride but at this stage I am thinking it may be sooner. Little bugger!
    For you ladies that have the MIrena do you have to wait till you have your period? I was thinking this may be the way to go because we havent decided yet if Scout is our last. I had a normal IUD before him and had no problems which is why I want to do it again. My periods havent returned yet though. Has anyone else not got theirs yet either. Its a bit scary because I certainly dont want another just yet.

Ok I think I have rambled long enough and if you have any suggestions re feeding they would be most appreciated

cheers ears

Hi Stacey- Just wanted to reply. You don't need to wait for your period to get the Mirena fitted. They just like you to be on the last day(s) of your cycle when you get it inserted, if you do have them. IF you don't get your period yet then I am sure it doesn't matter when it gets put in. KWYM about teething and drooling. Seraya started at 3 months and is grizzly with them every day. Breast feeding is getting harder cos she twists my nipples and bites on them furiously. Once her teeth come through, I think I will veto the BFing. OUCH. Everything goes in her mouth at the moment and she can't stop chewing. TG for baby nurofen and bonjela. Lucky my nipples are like balloon rubber from BFing India. Otherwise I would be in a world of pain! India got her first bottom teeth overnight when she was 5 months to the day. I am wondering if Seraya will follow suit.
    Well glad you have some time to yourself and the little man while the boys are off at school.
    I am trying to slow Seraya down!! India didn't start crawling until 9-10 months and walking until 16 months. I thoroughly enjoyed having her be my baby for so long. But Seraya seems like she will be looking for work by the time she is one!!

Well hello again to all. Hope you are well.

Hi all,

Stacey - good question about periods ... I was going to ask the same thing myself. Nope, nil, nada, nothing here! I'm still exclusively BFing, so I wondered if that's why good old AF hasn't returned. Not worrying about it at this stage though ... guess if I haven't had a period in the next 2-4 months I might ask the GP. Yep, Cam is also a mega drooler and constantly has his fingers in his mouth. Yay for your NZ holiday .

Reenie - I got your email but unfortunately bigpond (well, our bigpond account, anyway) can't handle really large files . Think yours was 10MB. Tried to open it, but it took longer than a month of Sundays to open, so I had to delete it. Am a little stunned to hear that someone is stalking you ... WTF? Without knowing any of the details, all I can say is that if this becomes a problem, go to the police hun. Any chance of re-sending your emailing without any attachments? Then I can read what you had to say.

Laura - good idea about nipping the toes out of the wondersuits! Mind you, I think I'm on to something about stunting Cam's growth ... he didn't put on any weight this week (as per his weekly Tues weigh-ins). If I work out what I'm (not) doing, I'll let you know - it might buy us a bit more 00 time . I haven't done hypnotherapy, but good luck with it. Let us know how you go. I did a hypnobirthing course before I had Cam, but the name's a bit misleading as it's not "true" hypnotherapy - more about learning relaxation techniques.

G'day to CM and Nina - glad to hear you and your bubs are keeping well. Gorgeous pix of Flynn, by the way, CM. He looks like he'd have a real personality, IYKWIM. He's a cutie.

Must head off and wake Cam up for his final feed of the day.

Take care all,
    Andie xx

Now the boy is asleep I can catch up on some me time

Stacey: Aunty Flo still hasn't arrived in my neck of the woods, thanks for asking - now I don't feel so strange. I had read that with exclusive BF that it can take a while for them to come back but I was starting to think 4 months was a bit too long until I did some searches on BB & found for some people their babies are over 22 mnths old before they come back!? Dusty is a big drooler, has been for a while now, if he hasn't got his hands in his mouth he has a toy in his mouth. I have to put bibs on him or his clothes are soaked by the time I put him to sleep again but no sign of teeth either. In terms of feeding Dusty is very distracted & is now only feeding for a few minutes before pulling off, I tend to try & put him back one or two more times but after that I sit him up, burp him etc... give him 10 - 15 mins & then give him the other side. I am lucky he isn't really gumming my nipples yet. GL with keeping the feeding. Glad to hear you survived the holidays & have fun in NZ.

Andie: Dusty is nearly out of 00 as well, the nurse measured him on Monday he is now 67.5 cm, I can't believe how long he is now, lucky for me I have been given almost all of his clothes but I think Laura's idea of cutting the toes is great money saver. About your e-mails have you heard/tried webmail on the bigpond.com page (up the top in small grey writing) I have a bigpond account & find that using webmail for the larger e-mails means that they are already on the screen so don't have to be downloaded so it doesn't take as long.

Bec: your persistance is amazing & with your determination I am sure you will succesfully build up to a normal supply. 25 ml is a great milestone, the good news is that when you do get Jake back on the boob he will get a lot more than you are pumping as they are the most efficient (sp?) pumps in the world.

Laura: how are things going?? How did the hypnosis go with trying to quit smoking?

Reenie: have you started your studies yet?? how is that going??

Jo: how is your hubby??

O.K so in my world the community nurse came on Monday, Dusty is now 8.4 kgs & 67.5 cm's long. I thought he was a heavy little bugger. DP was there as well which is good because the nurse backed me up about not giving Dusty solids until 6 mnths. I have agreed to the occasional taste but nothing serious until then..
    In terms of sleep I am trying to explore all options because at the moment I rock him to sleep & he is crying while I am doing that - at times it really drives me insane. He is also getting too big to be rocking when it can take upto 1/2 hr to get him to sleep. I have checked the reasons his crying, it is not because he is hungry or in pain he simply doesn't want to miss out on what is going on but when he sleeps he is so much happier. I do wrap him so he can't play with a toy, he won't take a dummy the little bugger and as I will have to put him from the cradle to the cot soon & I can't rock the cot I need him to be in some sort of a routine before then.
    So I spoke with the nurse on Monday about this as well & she gave me some info about it, the good news is that I don't leave him to cry. I have to take in steps but it basically involves me putting him in his cradle & I touch him & rock it until he goes to sleep & then in steps I don't rock him as much & then I will move onto just touching him & then leaving the room until eventually I just have to put him down & he puts himself to sleep. As we are all feeling a little better I started on Monday with some success. He normally naps in the afternoon for about 30 mins but I went in when he would normally stir & I was able to resettle him twice, that night he did wake every 2 hrs for a feed but yesturday he had 3 big sleeps through the day for about 2 hrs each time. I got him into bed @ 11.30 pm & he slept through until 5 am this morning. 5.5 hrs straight - woo hoo I felt so good when I got up to feed him & for a change I didn't fall asleep while feeding him. So I will persist & see how we go, if it doesn't work I can try something else.

Hello to everyone that I have missed & how are you going?? as I have to go as he is now awake.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop in and see what's happening.

Nic - Wow, 8.4kg ... I bet little Dusty is an absolutely beautiful little chubby bubba I mean "chubby" with much affection, so hope you don't mind me using the term. Sounds like he's thriving. Good on you mummy! Good to hear he had a nice long overnight sleep, good luck with establishing a night time routine, if that's what you're planning to do.

Hi to everyone else! Just wanted to quickly touch base as I'm heading up to the sunshine coast for almost a week, so no BB for a while. Man ... I can't believe the crap you've gotta take with you when you're holidaying with a baby - it's a new experience .

Will catch you all towards the end of next week.

andie

Cool

Hey Andie have a great trip, we went to the coast a month ago & learnt very quickly about baby time, it takes forever to get anywhere & all the stuff is just crazy. We often refer to him as budda bubba or chubba bubba so no offence taken

hi girls,

i thought i would post while i had something positive to say !

so on friday i decided enough was enough of the sleep dramas and really cracked down on james (in a nice loving way lol) all week he had been sleeping 45 mins and waking up then back in bed an hour later, he did it all day long, no long stretches at all and was SO cranky, he was beside himself by the evening because he wasnt getting any good deep sleep and the nights were really bad, waking 3 times between midnight when we went to bed and 5 am. i decided i was going to try and resettle him EVERY time he woke under an hour, previously we had tried to resettle but he would scream so much and with a 2 year old around it was so hard to do it consistantly and we usually ended up getting him up, he must have known mummy meant business friday because he took to it really quickly, i would basically let him cry a few mins and then go in put the dummy in rock the bassinet for 30 seconds and leave while he was still awake he would be crying again by the time i reached the door but i gave him another few mins and repeated it, he didnt carry on for longer than 20 mins (i hope this doesnt sound cruel, i hate listening to him cry but he does it anyway when awake because he is so overtired so i decided we all would benefit from it) he still always wakes after 45 mins but now it just usually having his dummy put back in once and a quick rock and he settles straight away.

sat night he woke at 0130 am and 0530 which i was happy about but lasty night fed at 9pm and then only woke at 2 am and 6 am, i was so thrilled because we were only woken once and he didnt make a peep in between those times whereas before he would keep waking all night. this morning he woke after 30 mins and i had to replace the dummy twice and he went back to sleep for over 2 hours, i was so happy !

my foot is slowly improving, what a pain (in many ways) that has been !)

Reenie: wow with Seraya crawling, James doesnt even roll yet lol although he is trying to sit up if he is put in the bouncer etc
    and how are things going with your other issue ?

Luey: how you are going with E ? thanks for that link you sent me, i hope it works for you if you try it when he is a bit older

Andie: hope you are having a great time away, i know what you mean about all the things you have to take, its almost as much for one night as a week !

Catherine: has Flynn done anymore sleeping through the night for you ?

Nic: wow Dusty sure sounds like he is thriving ! im slack i havent had james weighed in ages

Jo: how are you going ? i think you are all sick ? has Isabella been slow to gain weight ? (think i read that on your facebook) ? is she a happy settled baby ? because if she is i wouldnt worry too much about what she puts on each week.
    i was topping james up after some feeds with formula, i stopped that on friday too as i didnt think it was making a difference and he hasnt missed it at all.

Allboys: how has Scout enjoyed having the run of the house again ? james also is shoving his fists is his mouth and drooling on everything

Laura: how are things going with you ?

Shoegal: hows Baxter going ?

Rustygirl: how is Cohen going with his sleeping ?

i spoke to Bec today, she wont be back online now until the end of the week, fingers crossed, she is missing everyone

i better get going while both kids are snoozing and have a lay down myself !

Melinda

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast