Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

OMG I just typed a whole massive post and it got deleted before I could add it!

So annoying!! I don't have time to rewrite it atm so I'll come back online tonight.

Hope everyone is well!

LOL Bec and Andie! I was the same...My gosh what a champ Andie is!!! Oh wait....You big tricker! You really had me going and boy was I jealous!! I've lost 4 kgs. My pre baby pants are still taunting me from the cupboard tho! Few more kgs to go before they will fit again! I've made a friend at the gym. She has a 4 month old so we are spurring each other on. It is really great! Andie, good luck shifting those kgs, I'm sure you will be looking stunning when you go to Tas!
    I've started giving Flynn some Farex. He kind of enjoys it! He screws his nose up a bit, it's pretty funny! I got a big shock the other day. I went into the lounge to find DH giving Flynn some peanut butter toast!!! Thankfully he is NOT allergic to peanut butter, DH is totally clueless about some things!!!
    Flynn has rolled over a total of 3 times front to back and 1 time back to front! His latest trick is to pull his legs up underneath him so he looks like a frog and also to straighten his legs and stick his bottom into the air so he looks like a little tent! It's pretty funny to watch!!
    Mel I'm glad that you are finally having some success with James and sleep! That is wonderful to read!I hope it is continuing and getting even better!
    Allboys did you give the Farex a go? Yeah I don't understand why they changed the rules! My mum has been saying since 3 mths "he needs solids"!!!
    Hayley hope you and DH are going ok good on you for being so passionate about BF!
    Laura I hope you are doing better and that Sam is giving you a bit of a break. I'll see you soon!
    Bec Good on you for relactating! I'm so glad that it has worked for you and your routine seems to be great! The weather is freezing here too, and rainy. We have clothes horses too!! My dad also made me a rack so I hang all of the stirts etc on coat hangers and then hang them on the rack so i don't need even more clothes horses!! We have on space heater so our options aren't that great.
    Ok Girls sorry if I've missed anyone Flynn is crying I better go get him
    oxo Catherine

Talking

Hi everyone,

Well I can't believe it is saturday already, another week over. I have been mainly lurking these past 2 weeks or so, Dusty seems really unsettled so I haven't had a real chance to reply... so I am going to post in bits...

Jo, I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you, thank goodness you were going into give her a feed... I hope the EEG scans come back clear but it must be scary not really knowing what caused it?? hopefully it was just something to do with her cold. I have been thinking of you especially with Riley's operation coming up, I am sure everything will go well for you.

It is when these sorts of things happen that, even in my sleep deprived state, I am greatful for every cry, hug & moment we have with these little ones.

Hey Becstar great to hear things are improving on the b/f front sounds like you have made really good progress. Glad to hear the solids have been going well too. TBH DP would have loved to started solids already but I think because I have struggled to accept that I had to have an emergency ceasar, kinda like I failed that part, that I wanted to make sure I kept b/f for as long as possible to prove that I am a good mother. I am also scared that it may make him worse, more unsettled IYKWIM? DP can be bit of a contol freak so this is also another way for me to keep D close to me.

Mel you have inspired me, I have brochure by Karitane & because he was just 4 mnths when I got it I was following the birth to 4 mnths guidelines, as he will be 5 mnths on Mon I am going to try the 4 mnths to 7 mnths & see how that goes. I had limited success (mainly through the day so at least I get some peace & can get things done or have a sleep too) so now he is a little older hopefully it will work better.

Well the little monkey is awake now so it is time for me to go... will be back later...

Well I tried the Farex and although he loved "eating" it I dont think he was too impressed with the taste of it. Its just the plain one and I have been too lazy to try him again. I think I will mix it with a bit of pureed pear or just give him the pear by itself and sooner rather than later because he has been waking twice a night now which is torture. 1.30am and again at 4.00am on the dot! I can set my alarm by him and this has been for 5 nights now so im thinking he has gotten himself in a routine there.
    I can do the 1.30am but again at 4 is not cutie cutie. At least the olympics are on though so I dont have to watch another bloody pro-activ infomercial.
    I try to make sure he has a good feed the first time but usually we both fall asleep (I wake up with my boob freezing and him in my lap snoring!) This makes me think he is not all that hungry but that he is used to waking at that time so he is and im not strict enough with him at that time to let him cry it out.
    Oh the joys huh, I know it wont last though, I look at my 11yr old now and cant even remember the sleepless nights he put me through.

I joined the gym this morning with a friend I have actually have met off here,she lovely and like me needs someone to get her out pounding the pavement and sweat it out with. I am hoping that I am going to lose 15kg in 2 weeks before we go back to NZ for our holiday. What do you think of my chances?

o.k back again he is asleep & waiting for tea to cook (roast chicken & veges yumyum, thanks DP) now where was I...

While I think of it I want to thank each & everyone of you (& the BB community in general) for sharing so much with us. I find that while we have different ways of doing things we are still very supportive of each other choices. I don't know how many times someone has brought up a topic & I have been thinking about it as well or going through something similar. I find that we are pro-choice so while I may or may not do what you are doing I am greatful that you have shared your experiences as it gives perspective to what we are all going through. I find that while all babies are individuals & different there are enough similarities to know we are basically going through the same thing.
    So

enough of the airy fairy crap for now...
    I think the weight thing is a never ending journey... I tried the gym a few times before getting pregnant but I am finding it hard enough to have a shower everyday let alone get to the gym a few times a week, how are you managing it?? I can't seem to get my head around feeding & sleeping time to fit that kind of thing in? but I need to start doing something. I did loose about 10 - 12 kgs in about 18 mnths before I got pregnant and I maintained it for a few months but then I got pregnant & I am back to where I started. At least I have done it once so I can do it again. I find that I am always hungry & because I am b/f I am consious (sp?) that I need to eat to keep up my supply but I think if I drop my daily chocolate hit that might help

well he only had a 20 min catnap & won't go back to sleep so gotta go but I will be back...

I hear you all on the weight. I still have a few kilos to go until I fit in my pre-preg pants but am getting there. I should do Wii fit more ane eat better. One pair of pants has gone from me not being able to get them past mid thigh to done up, just, they look disgusting and I have a major camel toe, but progress has been made. I think my shape has changed. I am much more pear shaped, at least at the moment. I was an hourglass with a tendancy to be bottom heavy but now am more pear. I have flabby arms too, need to work on that soon. I have lost weight this week while being sick, I think because I have not been eating as much and have not been near the bakery . I did fix that though yesterday and had to have a chocolate donut. YUM

It's just so hard being home all the time and biscuits go so well with tea and you have to have some in case visitors drop in. OF course I do the shopping so I shouldn't buy crap, but it just tastes too good.

I am still sick, as is E. Poor lovey. His second tooth is coming through too. He is pretty snuffly and coughing. As for sleeping, I am not exactly sure how many times I was awake or even when I fed, still a half asleep. I think it was 10ish, 1230, and 4, and 7 with a resettle at 230. Maybe more not sure. the other nithgt he slept from 730 - 2. OMG I felt so good yesterday. I had about 4 hours solid sleep, I went to sleep around 9 but the phone rang at 130. Happens sometimes. My lovely DH tried to give him a bottle at 12ish? but His Royal Monkeyness decided he didn't want that. BEing picky but normally doesn't have a problem.

I hope you are all getting more sleep, or more than me, but that wouldn't be hard. Take care of yourselves and remember you are doing a fantastic job

Luey, glad to hear you had some sleep even if it was only for 1 night. Sorry that you & E are sick, it doesn't make it easy when they are grumpy & you don't feel well either. Good to hear that your DH is being supportive.

About falling asleep for the 4 am feed, ours is normally about 3 am & I am so use to falling asleep that I take a blanket & cover us so I am not so cold but as the little darlings are getting bigger & wriggling I have to stop. My solution is to read a book, TV doesn't work for me but I have found that if I read a book I don't fall asleep. I also thought, like you All-boys, that DS wasn't really feeding then just wanted to snuggle with mum but when I stay up I find he is dream feeding so my DS still needs this feed at this stage. I read that at this age because they are so distracted through the day they don't always feed properly so that is why they still feed a few times overnight to make up for it.
    For those breastfeeding I have been lurking in the BB Breastfeeding General Chatter thread & have found it helpful so take a look sometime http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/brea...eeding-solids/

Funfact about breastfeeding: did you know breast milk has stem cells

O.k one last thing before I go as it is nearly midnight...
    Why can't men play nice & just get along, don't they know their lives would be soo much easier & they maybe more likely to get what they want

see you tomorrow...

Oh my ! Our thread was the top of the list!! Haven't we been a busy lot!

I have a total of 16 threads to look through, I am going to do my absolute best to reply to you all.

First I'll fill you in on what's been going on here.
    Well... Sam has been a lot better at night! in the last for night he has slept for at least 4.5 hours and two of the night he did his world record of 6.5!I cannot tell you how relieved I am! He is still being a total monster when it comes to day tome naps, but at least I have a little more energy to deal with it.
    We have been giving him tiny bits of solid food,just a little rice cereal and a bit of mashed pear.He loves it and cries when I take it away.We aren't doing it on a schedule or anything like that,just whenever I get a chance.
    I have just received my first cloth nappy order too,so cute and they work so much better than I expected!

I have been doing Ok, I had a really bad night on Friday.But thats the first in a while.
    I went to the Emotional Support Group and BB Preg Center yesterday for the second time.It was a lot better this time as a few more people showed up.

Hayley - I completely agree with your stance on breastfeeding.I fought so hard with doctors to do it when I was diagnosed with PND.They all thought it was better for me to stop so I would have less stress and be able to go on better medication.I think if I had of stopped it would have been the beginning of the end for me though.At the time it was the one good thing I could do for him, the one way of bonding.I'm so glad I didn't stop.I hope to BF for 24 months if Sam lets me!

Bec - Than you for your kind words about my PND.I decided when I joined that I was not going to hide it.I wanted this to be a place where I can get support and be honest.I have hidden it from so many people in my life that I just needed to get it out somewhere.
    glad to hear you are having some success with the BFing! thats great to go a whole day with no bottle! How has it been the last few?

Andie - You make me laugh! Sounds like me with exercising! I have been so lazy! I Lost 25 Kg in the first 6 weeks after birth because I couldn't eat or sleep and was constantly anxious.It sounds good but the thing is, I'm now slowly piling it back on!And I seriously need to do some toning up! I have so much bloody skin it's not funny!
    How are you coping now that your parents are gone?

Karen - I hope you guys are feeling a bit better and that you have had a little more sleep!
    I can't believe E his already getting his second tooth! I have a feeling Sam might be going to get his first very soon.When I feel in his mouth there is quite a hard lump and his cheeks have been so red lately.

All-boys - lol, gotta love pro active!The other one I enjoy is Sheer cover! Hope the sleeping is going better for you too.And good on you for joining the gym.It sounds to me like you're one step ahead of the rest of us.

Nic - What a lovely post! I feel the exact same way about BB, who knows where I would be without it.And yep, I agree about the Men thing! Mine is being rather annoying lately.
    I really hope all is OK over there.

Catherine - My Melbourne Buddy, look forward to seeing you and the gorgeous Flynn very soon.

Well, I think that's everybody! I'm was meant to go out today and meet another BB friend and just realised my very annoying Dh has taken the pram in his book to work(he works an hour away) I did ask him 3 times to get it out yesterday.Pity I can;t get too annoyed it's his 30th Birthday today.

I am going to slowly back away from the computer now or I'll end up hijacking the entire thread!

Hope you're all well.

Laura xx

P.s I'm moving house on Friday so if I don't get a chance to post before then I might be off line for a few days to a week.xx

Wow, that was so much longer than I meant it to be.

Oh and Happy 5 Month Birthdays to Dusty and Flynn!

Jake is 5mo too today
    Will get back tonight, hungry and tired boy here!

xxx

HAPPY 5 MONTH BIRTHDAY TO JAKE TOO!

Lots af the baby's are born with in a few days of each other.Poor little Sammy being the youngest.Born at 1:25pm on the 31st.

E is about 3 hours older than Sam

HAppy 5 months birthday to Jake, Flynn and Dusty

LAura - Woo on the sleeping. Our day sleeps got better, as in he would have them and our night sleeps have completely gone out the door. I am usally waking about 2hourly overnight after midnight. Not always a feed every time. I am hoping it will improve soon. I might move to a sleeping bag when he is better. I have tried one on and off but he keeps knocking the dummy out. I want to get rid of it but I don't - does that make sense?

Mel - pics are gorgeous. Clever Emily. Is hard to see james for the bubbles. WE tried solids a few weeks ago but I stopped them after 3 days. E was waking from a sleep after 30mins, not unusual, but ended up squealing and seeming like he was in pain. He also stopped pooing a couple of times a day to every second. Even with the formula top ups he had been doing lots still , at least once a day. It is only the last few days that he is a poo machine once more . Maybe he needs them due to the frequent night waking but am scared to try them again, maybe in another few weeks.

Hi to everyone else, feeling lazy here so sorry not more personals

Hi All

I hope no one minds me dropping in on this thread now, I think I posted once or twice before but my brain can't remember. My DS Will was born March 31st at 9:15 pm after a 14 hour induced labor, ended up with an emergency c/s though.

I am just curious to know if anyone else with a bub this age is starting on solids yet? I have read a few posts about some of you using rice cereal etc and pear. How are people finding it? DS has been eating at least 2 meals a day for the last week or so. Usually farax with pureed pear/apple in the morning and a veg at night (carrot, pumpkin or sweet potato). I have found he prefers what I make over the jars though there is an apple custard in one of the organic brands that he looves! He is down to 4 bottles a day of 240 ml which is one less them before we started solids.

He was a part time booby baby (night feeds) but weened himself 6 weeks ago. It was a sad time but nothing I did could make him take the nipple. I saw a dr about it but he said that there wasn't much I could do. All I have left now are a few sad drops . I miss my little new born, when did he get so big?

Macca,
    Welcome back! We would love to have you back.
    You have the youngest now! You have the 3rd Ds to in this group to be born on the 31st!

I am so sorry that Bfing didn't work out for you.I imagine it would have been a very sad day.

As for the solids, I have only just started about 5 days ago.My DS LOVES it.He is not a fan of Farex though, he seems to only want to eat mashed pear.He is not eating that much at this stage, just a table spoon here and there.He is still having as much milk as before.Mind you, I think my DS would eat all day long if I let him.

I was looking at photos of Sam when he was just born last night and I just cannot believe how much he has grown.It feels like just yesterday he was born.

xx Laura

I am so ghlad I'm not the only one who is so sad about them growing up I just cant even fathom that Jake is the last in our family I'm 100% positive DH will not budge on that.

Welcome Macca....nice to have you back! Sorry about the BF. Glad Will is enjoying his solids

Oh Im having such trouble typiunf....LOL. Sorry! Jake is sitting here and bouncing and grabbing my hands and trying to chew on me! Kids atdaycare so I'll be back when Jake is having a catnap! xxx

Thanks for the welcome back. It's nice to be able to chat with others who's bubs are around the same age.

As for solids Will is defiantly a pear and apple man, I think it is because they are so sweet. I put him onto solids after he stopped breastfeeding as he was going through so many bottles. I have to hide the fact I'm feeding him solids from our CHN who insists he doesn't need solids till 6 months. She doesn't know how hungry he gets, lol.

Anyone making their own food yet?

Ok, Jake's in bed, the house is still a mess but i need to do this....

Macca, I always make my own baby food, I just can't justify the cost of buying it. It's no hassle anyway, I just cook extra when we have veggies and then puree them and freeze them. I work on the principle if I wouldn't eat it why should they? lol. I only use Farex for probably a week and then move on to 'foods'. That's why Jake has 1 weetbix (with hot water and a little milk) for brekkie and at the moment is having a mix of pumpkin, potato and sweet potato for tea. YUM! I need to get my butt into gear and try fruits though....might start giving him lunch soon, he's been having two solids a day for about 3 weeks now.

Luey, bummer about the sleeps. E likes to keep you on your toes huh? Can't let Mummy get too comfy..lol. We use a sleeping bag for Jake at night, makes it easier when I get him out of bed too, he isn't so cold and I don't have to bother about trying to wrap him to keep him warm. Also helps for dream feeding in bed, I don't have to worry about him not having covers to keep him warm and then stress about them being too close to his face. Dummies are funny things. I remember with Ben and Chloe putting the dummy in numerous times a night. But Jake just spits his when he's asleep and doesn't bother about it again. Ben just gave his up at about this age when he had a shocking cold and couldn't breathe and suck at the same time! Chloe only just got ris of hers last Christmas. IMO if it makes them happy and calms them let them keep it. Although I do understand the frustrations!! lol

Laura I too am SO sad at the NB phase gone...... On the solids Jake is a massive pig and eats around 6-7 tblsp veggies at night!!

Njd thanks for the info on BF....I'll have a look when I get a chance! I had wondered about night feeding. My other two slept the night through by now but they were both FF so I don't know if that makes a difference of not.

All-boys good on you for the gym! I just don't know how i'd get out and I don't have many RL friends here to go with either! I need to do it badly though.....

Mel, how are you going with James and the Karitane rules? I think you are such a legend for it, I just have no backbone! How's the ankle going?

Hayley for you. You give so much and are so generous, I really hope you get all you deserve.

Andie, good luck for the next few weeks then!! Now I need to lose weight for a wedding....UGH! the fitting is this saturday though...what do you think my chances are??

Catherine, LOL at the peanut butter toast! They can be so clueless sometimes!!

Well I took Jake the the MCHN today and got him weighed, he's 6.3kg so he's put on 300g in 3 weeks. That makes me happy given in that time we've dropped the formula and taken up solids so all seems to be going well. I got some fluffy mail I've been waiting on for weeks too, YAY!! Who was it that said they bought their first MCN?? Warning....you will become addicted!! They work so great I have had NO problems. When we went away the other weekend I bought sposies for Jake, damn things leaked and leaked and leaked, especially at night and I was changing him when he woke which is not what I usually do in cloth. So I love cloth too!!

Got my Dr's appointment for my IUD next week, my 6 week check. All seems to be ok but I've had non-stop spotting. Was to be expected but is still a pain. Other than that I can't fault it and it should settle soon I hope. Best go clean up while the kids are away and Jake is still asleep!

xxx

Oh! I meant to tell you all too....Jake is rolling! Like over and over! So cute as when you say to him "Jaaaaaake? Where are you going?" He gets this wicked little grin on his face, lol. But bad as he is on the move now and head to all the places he shouldn't! Anyone else on the move?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast