Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Bec - I just started using MCN! I am already addicted! The look so cute! Sam has finally begun rolling again today as well! He did roll twice at 3.5 months but didn't do it again until today.

William is rolling from his front to his back both ways and on his back he arches and bends in such a way that it looks like he might but so far no glory. I have the video camera on stand by so with any luck we will catch on film for dad (DH has been away since Will was 9 weeks old and won't be back till he is 6 months, bloody army!). I have been making my own food as well but he gets the odd jar if I run out. Am still trying to get textures right though, lol.

Laura, what did you get? I've just discovered Itty Bittys.......so fluffy!!

Macca, DH is away? Oh that sucks. You are doing a great job on your own As far as textures go I really think just as smooth as you can get it is fine. My first two I didn't have a blender so I just mashed it up with a fork. It did them fine and in fact the smaller lumps were probably better because they got used to it where as Jake's is pureed so it's really smooth. As long as they aren't big enough to choke them I think you're in the clear

Gosh, look at me....don't post properly for ages and now you can't get rid of me!!

xxx

Hi all,

Macca - welcome back! Sounds like Will is a happy, healthy little fella. I just can't get over how many boys there are in this thread. Isabella and Seraya are going to have their pick of them in about 17-odd years ()

Becstar - for Jake rolling! I haven't had Cam weighed for the past two weeks as I haven't been feeling the best, but I'll take him back to the CHN next week. I'm actually interested to see how he's going because over the past few days he's been a bit wishy-washy on the boob - only taking one breast, and then only for 7-8 mins (he used to have both boobs, approx 20 mins per feed). This is happening every morning, in particular. However, Cam's not grizzling for more milk in between his three hourly feeds, so I can only presume he's getting enough. How's the lovely (Princess) Mary ...? I see she popped off to the local chemist today for some Huggies! Sigh ... what's a Taroona girl to do when the world press is following her around the Hobart 'burbs?

Laura - for Sammy rolling too! Poor old Cam's stuck on one speed at the moment ... flat on his back. He rolled for the first time two weeks ago, but we're still waiting for a repeat perfomance. I'm sure he'll do it again when he's ready.

Luey - how are you and E feeling? Hope you have some luck with E's sleeping soon .

Njd - Has Dusty settled down again? Glad to hear you find BB helpful. I'm thankfull I found the site and I agree that it's a great support network. Obviously nothing replaces RL friends, but not all RL friends understand the ins and outs of having a new baby, either.

Mel - how are you and James? Getting some sleep?

All-boys - woo hoo, you gym champ! Good for you! How's the pureed pear going?

Off the subject of babies for a sec, has anyone else been watching the Olympics? This is the first time I've watched it in years, so I'm actually enjoying it.

Have a good night everyone.
    Andie xx

Oh, and Bec ... good luck with the dress fitting. I have every confidence that you'll look gorgeous on the day .

Bec - I have tried Baby Beehinds - not a great fit on Sam, seems to leek the second they go on. Bum genius - Work great but not that cute! Cushie Tushies Couture - Quite like these, although he is in between spap sizes so the aren't fitting that well ATM. And Bubblebubs - So fluffy and soft! The look soooo cute and work really well on him.

Next order I think I'm going to try the Ittibitti's and Blueberry's they both look so soft!

I think DH is going to have a heart attack when he sees the credit card bill! But hey, it will save in the long run!

Also got some Baby Legs the other day and I tell you what...Sam looks so CUTE!

I think I could talk all day about these nappies! I'm utterly obsessed!

HI Girls
    All is good on the home front. We had no other problems with Isabella . Riley is going to hospital on Friday to have his grommets put it. I am hoping that will stop him from whinging . The other morning he got up at 6am and started whinging by 7.30am. I thought great I am going to be in a long day, as it turned out it wasn't so bad.
    As for Isabella, I haven't started her on solids yet. I probably could as Riley started solids at 5 months. I love the way baby nurses say not to start baby on solids til 6 months but not all babies are the same.
    Isabella is down to 2 bf a day and the rest of the feeds is formula. I am doing this so I don't get mastitis like I did with Riley when I weaned him at 6 weeks.
    I have a like porky of a daughter I had her weighed just over a week ago and she packed on 810g in 2 weeks and now weighs 6.09kg.
    Isabella is trying really hard to roll over but I think she is too fat to get there.
    The kids and I are flying to SA at the end of November for 2 weeks. I am really looking forward to that as it will be the first time that my family (other then my mum) and friends have seen Isabella. We were planning to drive over for Christmas but things are tight in the money department because we are building a house and have to pay 2 mortgages off.
    I had better go as I can hear Riley dropping spoons into the sink.
    Its really good to hear that all the other Mums and their Babies are doing so well in our little group
    Take Care
    Jo

Welcomeback MAcca - You are doing so well with your DH away.

I am so tempted to get some MCN. A local girl uses peapods and is happy with them, jsut for at home. Which I think is what I would do. I have 6boxes of huggies to use first though . I stocked up when we were in the city and they were on special I. Durig my pregnancy I really wanted to use them but am glad I haven't yet, I would not have managed in the early days at all. WE are on rainwater so I need to make sure we have lots of water before I commit. I won't wash them with other clothes, I know others do but that is not for me. Plus we have a front loader and it takes 2 hours to go through. Sometimes I have enough trouble keeping up with the normal washing.

Hi Bec, Andie, Laura and njd and everyone else.

We are feeling much better. I am still coughing though and a bit of a runny nose. E didn't seem to get it too bad but I think I will buy a vaporiser when we are in the city.
    He hardly slept yesterday, was out all day, so only had 3 or 4 catnaps of 30mins during the day. he slept from 6-8, had a feed, I topped him up with formula then he slept till 12 where I resettled him, should have fed him then. E woke again at 1, had a feed then 550am. WOOOO. That is a really good night for us at hte moment.
    I forget who asked but E is spending much less time at the boob, sometimes will only have one and if I try to attach him to the second will scream. I leave him a while and he will usually have more. He is abig boy, he knows where it comes from . So funny as soon as I pull my boob out he is frantic and will latch on even if I am not ready. I have learnt to get in the right position first.
    When he was last measured almost 2 weeks ago he was 6.98kg, length 66cm and HC of 44cm. My all in one 00 suits will only fit for another month or so. Some not even that long.

hi girls,

i dont have time for personals now but have 2 questions to ask

firstly James has started biting me while on the boob, at first i would sternly say NO to him and take him off and his bottom lip would drop and he would start screaming but now when he does it he thinks its the funniest thing on earth and does it as soon as i put him near it, does suck at all just goes straight to biting so i take him off and put him back on and he does the same thing over and over, its to the point he is having formula beccause he wont suck on boob just bite, any advice ? im sure his teeth are probably moving aorund but geez there is only so much a girls nipple can take !

secondly he has a tiny little freckle near his elbow, has had it for about a month and i dont know if i should be concerned about it, his skin has never been exposed to sun so i dont understand it, any thoughts on that ?

thanks

Melinda

Mel, I am clueless on the biting but am interested in seeing what others have to say. Jake has done it to me a few times and I'm expecting it more and more as he teethes. The freckle.....hmm...I wouldn't be concerned unless it is raised or getting bogger or anything. Only because I know Ben and Chloe have got freckles in places I know aren't exposed to the sun. I guess they just happen!

Laura, yay on Sam rolling too Sam must be a funny fit or Jake is really a OSFM () cos I've never had any trouble with any of those. In fact Jake wears BBB's to bed at night.I love my BG's, like you said not very cute but they are so easy and great for DH's and babysitters. I use mine a lot in the mornings when I'm foggy, LOL. Would love to see a pic of the Baby Legs? i haven't tried these yet but am thinking on them....... Have you been to Nappycino?

Luey, glad you are feeling better. On MCN, I don't find it too much extra washing, most days I do two full loads (I have a big 8kg washer too) and then a small nappy load. I can get away with washing every 2nd day but my nappy bucket is over flowing! Depending on what you use determines the washing amount too. All-In-Ones are obviously bulkier and take up more washer room but I find if I use fitted nappies and covers then my bucket doesn't fill up quite as quick cos I don't need to wash the covers each nappy change, I just interchange two all day. I guess as water is an issue even if you just used MCN a couple of days a week so you only had to wash them a couple of times a week instead of every day you would still notice a difference in your wallet!

Jo, glad Isabella is doing well and that she has packed on so much weight! lol. Jake packed it on too when he went to formula. Your trip home sounds lovely, I'll bet you are looking forward to it. Best of luck for Riley Friday. Even though it's a fairly common surgery it is still hard to see your child in hospital, so for you.

Andie, you know I am SO ignorant!! I had no clue that HRH was even here!! I had to read your post a couple of times then ask DH!! On the 'boob time' Jake is the same and it was worrying me. Ever since we have relactated he has NEVER fed for 20min, not even both sides. He will feed for maybed 15 minutes all up and sometimes not even that much. If he is still on there it's only cos he is comfort sucking and not the big deep sucks for milk.

Anyway, that's it for me, I'm off to try and get the house in order before I top up Jake for the night. I'm returning all the pump equipment to the LC soon (I bought one myself off ebay v. cheaply!) and I would love to do/give her something relatively inexpensive but special to say thankyou for all her amazing support. I was going to include a pic of Jake but I was hoping one of you would have any ideas?? I don't wanna go OTT as it is a professional relationship and her job but I need and want to show my appreciation.

nighty night!

xxx

Bec - I gave my LC a card that had DS foot print on it and wrote it too her from DS (using my left hand for effect ). She loved it. Wasn't too over the top but at the end of the day while your relationship with your LC is a professional one it is also personal. Hope you find something.

Hi mums,

Bec - sorry for the cryptic post about HRH ... sometimes I'm too smartar$e for my own good ! I've found that Cammie is now averaging 3 x 20 min BF a day, but will only feed for approx 10 mins on the other two feeds (daily total of 5 x BFs). He's happy enough in between and that's the only reason I'm not going down the path of solids just yet.

Mel - can't help you out on either question. I've had Cam give me a sharp pinch on the underside of my boob a couple of times (makes me squeal like a little girl!) but have yet to experience a bite. Cam's got a freckle on his tummy that appeared a couple of weeks after he was born. Paed saw it and wasn't concerned.

Luey - sounds like you're shopping for 0 sizes too. Cam's now in 0 all-in-one suits, but still fits 00 tops and footlegs trousers ok. How our babies are growing !!

Jo - hope all goes well with Riley (am sure it will). Isabella sounds like she's gorgeous. Cam's rolled once with no sign of a repeat. Glad to hear things are ok at home too.

Hi laura, njd, all-boys, macca and co.

Question from me ... are your bubs still facing backwards in the car? I don't think Cam's ready to turn around yet - I understand they need to have really good neck control and be approx 9kg before facing forwards. Those of you with older kiddies ... does this sound right? we're driving down to Adelaide in mid September and I'm tempted to turn Cam around, but not at the risk of serious injury (or, God forbid, worse) just for the "sake" of us seeing him a little more easily from the front seat.

Andie xx

Just a quick reply,

Mel, about the biting my mum & MIL have warned me about it & suggested either flicking them on the cheek or on the foot, they swear I only have to do it twice & they won't do it again. I haven't been faced with that yet so I am not sure what I am going to do, if you decide to try it let me know how you go.

About the freckle, even when we have them outside in the shade they are exposed to the sun-rays that cause cancer, so you can still get freckles even if you are never in direct sunlight but are outside. Those rays can also penetrate clothes etc.. which is why they can appear in spots that never see the sun.

Andie, With our car seat I am able to face Dusty forwards after 8 kgs so I could but TBH if the worst was to happen I figure if he is facing rearwards his body wouldn't jerk/fly forwards as bad, I figure he is 'safer' at the moment to face backwards but I know what you mean about being able to see them especially on such a long drive. I have seen a mirror you can put on the back window so you can see them.

Welcome Macca79, I am glad the solids are going well.

Goodluck with your move Laura.

I won't talk about his sleeping, it has settled a bit & I don't want to jinx it. The good stuff. D is blowing rasperries like there is no tomorrow, he is rolling from side to side but not all the way over yet. Thank god I do not want my boy to grow up. I get roused on cause I am not giving him enough tummy time but if I do then he would be crawling & then walking & I just can't handle it & he is only my first, I hate to think what I will be like with my last one.

Thinking of you Jo & goodluck for Fri

Anyway time for bed, sorry if I have missed anyone...

I everyone.
    Just a quick one from me. Andie re the car seat. There was a thread on here somewhere with a link to a youtube video about why it is best to have them rearward facing for as long as possible. I don't have time to find is sorry but after watching it I will definitely be keeping our seat rear facing for as long as possible!
    Seeya girls

Wink a bit off topic

I'm not sure who mentioned it but about the olympics, I have enjoyed it more this year then ususal but I am not much of an athletics fan so not looking forward to that. The opening ceremony was amazing but I couldn't stay up to look at it.

I have found a new 'toy'. I have heard of BB live chat but as I am new to all this forum/chat thing I couldn't work it out. Well now I have woo hoo I am a bit excited, I was on there last night for a little while with some very lovely ladies who really cracked me up. If we are online together I would love to chat sometime, PM me or something

Andie I have heard it is best to keep them rearward facing as long as possible. Some carseats go up to 12kg - the MEridian (by SNS) andanother of theirs. Could you buy a mirror so you can see him more easily? You can get some teddybear ones or boring rectangle ones. I swear everyone thought they were a great idea when E was born - I think we got 2 or 3 and we don't use any. We have a stationwagon and there isn't really anywhere to affix it safely - and without blinding the oncoming driver.

Jo- I forgot to say Isabella is doing really well When I started top ups E put on lots too, but he also had a growth spurt. He tends to chub up then thin down and get taller.

Mel - Biting hurts! I have been told to say "NO, that hurts mummy and look away". Since E has had his teeth he does it lots, especially when he decides he isn't hungry so will just play. The first time, it hurt but the little brat had this huge cheeky grin and I am trying to tell him off and he was just looking so cute. I was trying not to laugh. HE is growing up too fast and already knows all the tricks to get out of trouble. There have been worse bites though where I haven't laughed. Not much I can suggest that you aren't already doing. MAybe put him o nthe floor and walk away and give him a plastic spoon or chew toy and say you bite this not mummy? Would be hard to do though and although they are young I am sure they know. Nipples are poorly designed - they need bite guards around them and need to be even stretchier. Man it is amazing how much they can stretch. I sometimes have to remind E to detach before he stickybeaks around. Goodluck. I know they say not to as it could interfere with feeding but could you put bonjela on his gums before a feed? It might soothe them enough to stop him biting.

We went out to friends for dinner last night, first time we had gone out to someones place in a while. I was wondering if I should take the portacot and was seriously considering buying a kinderkot but he eventually went to sleep in the pram from about 8ishpm, till I had to wake him just before midnight. the pram worked out well because we could 'rock' him. He was really really good. LEts hope he is just as good next time

Gee I can ramble

HAve a great day everyone

Hi all how is everyone today?

Well Scout has taken to this solids things like a duck to water. He loves veges! Long may that last. He is having dinner about 5ish and also a few teaspoons of fruit for breakfast. The first night he had them he slept from 8-30pm till 5 the next morning, Woohoo! I of course was awake every hour checking him So the next night I was thinking we were in for a good nights sleep but no. Scout was to have other ideas and has not repeated it for me again. I want my baby that sleeps through back

11 more sleeps till we go on holiday. What a mission! Im sure Scouts luggage is going to be more than the rest of us put together. Portacot, stroller, frontpack, wraps, nappies and thats not to mention his clothes. Thank goodness we dont do it every week.

Andie I have also heard that its best to keep them rear facing for as long as possible, for the neck and back muscles to strengthen. We didnt do this with the other boys as we didnt like not being able to see them. We had the little mirrors but found they were about as helpful as tits on a bull! This time around we have bought an adore a view. Its the big teddybear mirror that attaches to the headrest and its great. It has a big 20cm mirror so you can see all of them and they can see themselves as well. Its a huge piece of mind for me and worth its weight in gold. I think it was about $50 from memory. Hope this helps.

Oh my goodness I just had a phone call from the Mater Mothers. Asking me how things are with us. She said they are sposed to do a follow up phone call between 6-8 weeks after the birth but they sometimes get a little behind geez ya think???

Anyway have a good day ladies, hope all is well in your worlds.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A TOOTH!

While having breakfast with his grandma this morning we found Will's first tooth! Bottom front right. Needless to say it was very exciting and lots of phone calls were made to family and friends.

We also had a drop in clinic visit today to get Will weighed. He is now 70 cm long and 8.32 kg. Sadly though he was in the only OO body suit that still fits him. Last week I had to pull out all his O's. He even has a pair of pants that are a 1 that he fits into. Where did my 'little' baby go I wonder .

Hope everyone else is going well.

No time for personals as we are about to start loading up the truck.

I spoke to Telstra yesterday and the are going to be connecting the Internet on Wednesday.I know that pretty fast but how am I going to cope 5 whole days with out the net!!

I'll speak to you all soon.xxxx

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast