Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

o.k the boy is in bed for now....

Catherine, sounds like Flynn & Dusty are very similar, D is sitting now (propped with pillows) & will cry if his toys are out of reach or he falls over & wants to sit up to let me know I need to help him. I was worried he was never going to crawl cause the moment we put him on his tummy he rolls straight onto his back but after hearing about Flynn I know it is perfectly normal

Mel, I'm glad the biting isn't too bad atm, D loves rusks as well - must be good for their gums. for the day sleeps have sorted themselves out, in terms of night the only thing I can suggest is to try & keep him up a bit later at night so he wakes up later in the day as I don't know how I would cope @ 5.15 am. D doesn't go down until about 10.30 & wakes up a few times but only for a feed most nights & wakes up between 7.30 & 8.30. I'm booked into Trisillian for the end of the month but I don't know if it is something I want to do, I would be interested in hearing what you decide to do. It is very unprofessional of them not to call you back but I can't believe they would have objections to the monitor. I thought the same thing about strawberries but have done some reading about BLS (baby led solids) & the 'experts' seem to have changed their mind - obviously if there is a history of reactions/allergies then you would hold off with foods like strawberries etc... but otherwise you don't need to worry. We did watch out for any rashes etc... JIC but everything seems fine. I have a link I will add later if your interested.

And girls the funnies are great they really make my day, thanks so much & please keep them coming

so he's awake.... bbl
    Last edited by kelebek; September 3rd, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

...ok where was I

Andie, good to hear Cam is still putting on weight even with the fussiness, D tends to do the same of late & is now back to normal I wonder if it has anything to with AF coming back & O, did you notice if it coincided by any chance? I would definitely vote you in for 12 mnths mat leave!! Real estate dot come has a tendancy to use up all mb's so many properties to check out, I have been dreaming about cairns/townsville - have you been looking anywhere in particular?? see you when you get back...

Laura,Glad your back online, Telstra really suck at these sorts of things. All the boys (& girls) are over 5 mnths now, just crazy where the time goes. Hope the unpacking is going well, sounds like it is a nice area, are you starting to find your way around - is there a playgroup there maybe? I understand how you feel about DTD, so thanks bec for your perspective. For me it started when I was pg, poor dp, I knew rationally & logically that there is nothing wrong with DTD but it just felt wrong for some reason & things haven't changed much since D was born. ATM I don't think I could sleep well if D was in another room and we are getting a single bed which might have to do, maybe it will add some spark - reminder of when we were younger
    I was reading a thread (the link is here) by Kelly about meds & acupuncture, she has reduced her meds for depression with the help of acupuncture, apparently it works wonders with depression so it could be something that you can look into?

well I need to feed the dogs bbl...

Hello Everyone,

Bec - I hope that you are all OK. Grrr to DHs .

I have so say I have lost myself over the last 6 years since becoming a mum, I am a wife and mother but...... who am I?? I find things to focus on, but how long lasting are they and how much time can I put into anything I may enjoy that wont take time away from being a wife and mother. And then I feel GUILTY if I do think of myself.....GUILTY that i am not the best mum,.....GUILTY I am not the best wife.......GUILTY I don't spend time keeping up with my friends.....I AM LOST *sigh*...

Jo - Glad Riley went OK with his grommets. He probably cried when waking up from anesthesia because you generally feel like crap trying to come out of that fog and they don't understand why, iykwim.

Mel - My trip away was good I have put pictures in my blog: robbo3.blogspot.com/. How's James going with biting? Ari has no teeth as yet but he does clamp down occasionally with hurts like hell....

OK, that is no where near long enough to catch up but I am sick as a dog, aching from the tip of my toes to the top of my head so must go lay down while the kdsi are fed and Ari is asleep...

XOXOXO Hayley.

Hey ladies,

Been a while since I've been on BB ... lots has been happening in this thread. Not sure I'll get through all personals, but here goes:

Bec - good for you re: your cleanout. I've got bags of Cam's 'old' clothes but I'm reluctant to turf anything out in case bub #2 (... when the times comes ...) is another boy. for you re: DH. It took me a while to convince my hubby to try counselling last year when we were having some major issues, but he went and I'm pleased to say that counselling led to renewed communication in our household and DH and I are in a pretty good place at the moment. We still have our arguments, but the "heat" has largely gone out of our spats, iykwim. Good luck.

Mel - Tresillian needs a rocket put up 'em ... how ridiculous they can't get their act together to ring you. On the sleeping side of things, it sounds like you're having two steps forward, one back ... but at least that moves you one forward most of the time . Real estate wise, we're looking to upgrade in the next 12 months - our current house has 2 bedrooms upstairs, one b'room downstairs. Won't really be a suitable set-up when we add to our household. Not planning to add to the family in the next 12 months though, I must say. We'll stay in our current area - east Brissie.

Laura - how are you going with your new meds? Don't be too hard on yourself re: DTD. I could be wrong, but I doubt too many of us are dragging our DHs into the sack to DTD on a regular basis. Since I've become a mummy, I can't say I feel particularly sexy. I figure things will pick up sooner or later, although I probably need to make more of an effort in the beauty stakes. Bit hard though when most days are spent in trakky daks and spew-stained T-shirts Ah, the joys!

Njd - Cam's been ok on the boob for the past week - no idea why he was being a little bugger previously. No AF though (hey, I can't complain about that).

Jo - thrilled to hear Riley's op went well - sounds like he's going ahead in leaps and bounds. Your "pork chop" sounds like she's thriving too.

Robbo - hun, - hope you are feeling better soon.

Hi to Macca, All-boys, CM, Luey ... have I missed anyone (sorry if I have)? Has anyone heard from Reenie lately????

Thanks all for asking about solids ... yep, we started last Saturday and Cammie lurves his food. He's really only getting rice cereal of a morning (very boring, I just mix it with boiled water), and he's also had two feeds of pureed vegies (... must say that I wasn't exactly prepared for spinach poo ). Anyway, he pretty much wolfs it all down and always has his mouth open in readiness for the next spoonful - kinda funny to watch. I'll probably start him on two feeds a day soon, but he's still having five BFs a day, so there's no hurry to increase his solids intake.

OK, I must go wake him for his last feed of the day. Take care and I'll catch you all again soon.

Andie xx

Hi everyone,

Ok catch up time. Since last posting Will has cut two more teeth so three in total. Two in the front on the lower jaw and top front right. Needless to say I am totally amazed (and somewhat proud ). For a while now Will as been the 'slow' one in my mothers group. It never really bothered me that much till he was referred to as slow by another mother (because he took a while to get the hang of holding his head up). But since then he is now rolling back to front and vice versa. Not so good at rolling back again though. He was rolling onto his front at night and after the third night in a row of getting up 6 times just to put him back on his back I went out and bought a Safe T Sleep ( basically this thing that wraps around his crib mattress and has a bit around his waist and keeps him on his back). Since getting this we are getting better sleep again. Solids are routine now and have helped with the whole sleeping thing.

Mel - Sorry to hear mornings are not so good. are you able to catch up on a bit of sleep when he sleeps during the day? Poor performance on the part of Tresillian on not getting back to you. I noticed you mentioned rusks. I found large slices of rock melon are good as well.

Becstar - nothing like a good spring clean to make you feel good .

laurab - I share your distaste for Telstra. When we moved into our house they charged us $250 for a new connection when there was already a connection.

Catherinemoses - Will got a few teething symptoms including slight fever, pink cheeks, off his food, chewing on anything I gave him, lots (oh boy) and lots of drool as well as really runny poo (sorry if tmi). Plus the day before each tooth came he was just 'off'.

Ewol12 - Glad to hear that grommets have help Riley.

njd - DH finishes up at the end of the month which is when Will and I will fly down to meet up with him and do a bit of a relly run on the way back. Can hardly wait to see him again its been so long. How have you ended up going with solids?

Hi to Andie and Robbo3 and anyone else I have missed

Hi ladies,

Bec, thanks so much for your opinion about DTD it certainly gave me something to think about. Goodluck with the counselling with DH, I know my DP would never go to a counsellor, he had a bad expereince as a kid but as Andie said if you can get him there I think it would be a good thing. I hope things settle for you soon.

Macca, I can't believe someone would say any bubba is slow because they aren't holding their head up, that is so rude IMO. It sounds like he is developing normaly to me & you should be proud, he is georgous (sp). Sounds like you are looking forward to the rello run, not long now & you are reunited with DH I've seen those safe t sleep things & they look like a really good idea. D is only rolling from his tummy to his back atm so no worries with that yet thank goodness.

So while we are still on tooth patrol I can only see bumps, 4 up the top & down the bottom & on the bottom gum line there is a real bump that if I press hard enough I can feel some sharpness, but all the 'symptoms' seem to have settled, he isn't as unsettled as he was or grizzling so much. He is still clingy but I think that might me an age thing as well.
    His sleeping is still a bit all over the place, like Mel it is o.k through the day most times but he isn't in bed until about 10 on a good night & will wake up 2/3 times for feeds until he wakes up about 8 - 8.30am. I keep telling myself that it won't be forever. I am booked into Tresillian at the end of the month but I am really not sure, atm his cradle is right next to our bed & at Tresillian they aren't, I'm not sure I could sleep not being able to check on him, I can't help it I'm just a bit paranoid I guess .
    So our solid adventure is going well, it isn't a regular thing but he has something to eat at least once a day. I have been doing some reading on baby led solids (here is a link from ladies on bb if anyone is interested it has some great vids of babies first foods) & it is a really relaxed approach. My sister & his mum are horrified that we have given him whole food but they will get over it. Even when we have tried him with mush he isn't really interested unless he can hold the spoon, so of course he isn't getting much then anyway so he's been eating brocoli, pumpkin, banana, zuchini & sweet potato. We have tried him strawberries as well with no reactions. He has also had some rice cereal & yoghurt.
    He is sitting really well but I still have to have pillows propped everywhere JIC, he doesn't even look like crawling although dp likes to put him into the position. I'm not too worried as my bro didn't crawl until 14 mnths. He is rolling from his tummy to his back, he favours his left side but has started doing the right side as well, he tries to go from his back to his tummy but he can't work out where his arm has to go but he will get there. He is getting cheekier by the day, he is now starting to put his arms up when he wants to be picked, it is cute now but it may not be in another few months

well that's enough from me for another post see you next time

Hi all

I will try to do personal but there are so many. We have been away

Mel - 2 3hour sleeps during the day? is that right? WOOO. I wish for that long. Have you heard back from tresillian yet?

njd - have fun with the solids. I love 'teeth patrol'. We will have to have a TU on our posts - teeth update

MAcca - Woo - 3 teeth. Ethan still has only 2 but I don't think others are far away.

Andie - Have you tried the rice cereal? It is foul. But seem to like it. I have started making it thicker though and I have put it in his apple a few times just for something different.

Robbo - hope you are feeling better. IS it flu or mastitis? Take care of yourself. Easier said than done with 3 little ones.

Bec - Hugs hun. I hope things work out.

Laura - how are things?

E has been very unsettled. We have been away but he was settling for sleep quite well most of the time. . When away he was a horror 90% of the time we were at the outlaws for sleeps. He has started this 'squealing' when we out him down and very distressed. Sometimes stops almost immediately when is picked up so not sure what is going on there. HE is also waking every 3-4hours during the night but often is not feeding well during the day. I just don't know what to do. Today has had a few bottles as was travelling and would not take the boob. I don't necessarily want to stop BF yet - goal was 6 months but I am getting so so tired and not sure I can put up the battle much longer. I think because I am so tired supply is not brilliant either so will try to rest. He only sleeps maybe 2 30-40minute sleeps and if I am lucky one 90 minute one. Today he has gone to sleep without the wrap twice but keeps waking up as he needs dummy replacement. I need to teach him to self settle back to sleep but don't know how?
    HAd an awful trip both ways to Adelaide with him. I knew going down might be a disaster as he hadn't pooped for 2 days and monday was day 3. He started whinging about an hour from home, he hadn't fed well so was going to give him a bottle and I got a whiff of something. You know you are in for an uber pooh when you can see it on the front of the suit where the strap goes. It covered all one thigh and was in the car seat! We still had hours till we arrived in adelaide.
    Today he is just overtired and cried for about 90 mins on and off in the car. We stopped when he got really really bad. I was sitting in the back with him and I tried everything, bonjela, panadol, stroking his head, talking to him etc. He pooped too but it was contained thankfully.
    If he is getting another tooth I hope it comes through soon, but I have been dragging him around adelaide so is overtired and overstimulated. The big smoke is a bit much for a little country boy.
    E is not consistently rolling from tummy to back, he can do it but gets so frustrated and upset I sometimes give him a shove. He is reaching up over his head at things and twisting and will lift his bum up so Idon't think it will be long. He has had hardly any floor time let alone tummy time this last week. He has been having lots of cuddles from grandparents. I think I will be in for a tough few days when I don't give him 100% attention too.
    Solids have been going ok, I give them most days if he has pooped at least the day before. If he hasn't pooped for 2 days = no solids. E loves his rusks.
    I am sure it will get better, eventually.
    take care everyone

Hello everyone.
    How did you all enjoy your weekend? How was father's day. I feel a little bit bad cos I didn't really do anything for DH. We did have a lovely day together tho. Flynn did give DH a 'present' of laughing and laughing and laughing during the afternoon at an empty coke bottle being banged on the floor! It was hysterical, I was in tears it was so fun to watch! Flynn is pretty well sitting up by himself. he is a little bit wobbly but if he tips over he is doing it very gracefully, tho I wouldn't want to leave him on floorboards but carpet is ok.
    We had a glorious day here on Saturday and I got out into the garden and did some pruning and removed a few very neglected, very ugly, very over grown plants. It was really great. Flynn got to play outside for the first time too. It did seem to throw him a bit, the weather was warmer and he wouldn't settle throughout the day as he normally would. I hope it is not an indication of how summer is going to be for us !
    Wow Macca, 3 teeth!! and Luey 2! We don't seem to have any signs of teeth here yet. Doesn't seem to stop every person I meet say oooh do you think he's teething? etc. It's soooo annoying! Macca I can't believe that someone said he was slow! How rude. All babies are different and develop at different rates. It sounds to me like he is a perfectly normal little boy! I'm glad you will be able to see your DH soon! That is great! Good to hear that you are getting better sleep too.
    Luey. Gosh that sounds like quite an adventure that you are having/have had! Thankfully Flynn loves being in the car. I hope that he settles a bit more soon. I know exactly what you mean about being constantly cuddled! I am pretty sure Flynn knows that it doesn't work that way at home!
    Nic, sounds like you are doing a great job with solids, we do a bit of both tho more spoonfeeding than self feeding. I often give him something to chew on while I am making dinner (like celery or a bean etc. something hard that he can't really eat!) and then give him something mashed just before we eat and then something hard again while we are eating. it seems to work for us! The other night we were having pizza so I gave him one of the crusts to chew on! He loved it. He also enjoys the crusts from a Baker's Delight pane di casa! Yum!!
    Our nights are still quite unsettled. Still hopeful every night that 'he'll have a good night tonight'. Alas it is not meant to be. Hopefully soon...Maybe he will cut some teeth and that will fix it....Maybe it will make it worse! We'll see!!
    Hi everyone else

Hi guys,

Lovely to hear that all is well with your babies. I think we're a bit behind the eight ball in this house ... no teeth, no rolling (just the once, 5 weeks ago), no sitting of his own accord. Sigh ... at the rate we're going, this kid is still gonna be a gummy baby when he's 18 Seriously though, I'm not in the slightest concerned. He'll do it all when he's ready. He's got pretty good neck control, so I'm sure we're not far off lots of rolling/sitting.

Luey - oh, you poor thing. Uber poo ... I hear ya. DH and I are driving from Bris to Adelaide next week. Cam generally travels very well in the car, but goodness only knows how he'll cope with 2200km! We'll take three nights/four days to get there, so hopefully we don't have to drive too hard. We'll be stopping lots on the way home too as we'll have a week up our sleeves to have a look around. Hopefully no uber poos though - fingers crossed. Woo hoo for E's two teeth! Oh, and rice cereal's certainly very bland. I spice it up with stewed pear. Cam loves it though!

Macca - three teeth - Yay for Will! Glad to hear he's not waking you 6 times a night either!

CM - My DH had a nice Father's Day. I didn't splash out big on prezzies, but he got a bottle of red and a CD. Flynn must have loved spending time outdoors, I know Cam's quite happy to go outside for a while.

Nic - sounds like you're having fun introducing solids. Don't you love the look on their faces when they try something for the first time. So very gorgeous .

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Andie xx

Good morning everyone.

Aahh I've been up since 4:20 am! At least I have some quiet alone time now that Sam is back to sleep.

I think Sam might have a slight cold?? TMI but I can't see snot,just hear it.He has been snoring and waking very frequently over the past two nights.
    HE is just so cute though! He has become so vocal over the past week, just squealing with excitement etc.

I haven't been to great though, I've been dealing with some things that I haven't thought about in 10 years but I think they are coming back up and hindering my recovery from this stupid PND.I was speaking to my Psych about it but at the time didn't tell her everything,silly I know but I am going to do it Friday.
    On the plus side I can see that bright light at the end of the tunnel.I just have to deal with this.I had basically blocked it all out.It explains so much though as to why I treat my poor DH the way I do.
    I also think I need to go back to my GP and have Iron and thyroid tested again, after the birth my Iron was extremely low but it seemed to pick up fine with tablets.Yesterday I fainted though and I have been having these light things, where everything goes white for a few seconds.Don't know what it could be from apart from Iron?? Just another thing to add to my To Do List.Bleh.

Nic - You're funny! How many posts was that in one night? What do Tressilan actually do? My doctor Suggested it but I'm not sure I could handle it.
    Don't let people tell you off for BLS.It seems to be the way Sam likes his food.If I try and give him mashed Banana he wont take it but LOVES having the whole banana to suck on.Messy but very cute.

Andie - We have no teeth either.Sam rolled once at 3.5 months and about 15 times in one day 3 weeks ago and never again.No sitting either!I think he might just be too fat!

Luey - I know these explosive Poos all to well.Sam only goes twice a weak but when he does...OMG! Sounds like your drive was a nightmare.I give you credit for having the guts to it! Hope things are more settled for you.

Macca - 3 Teeth, Wow.I can't believe that mother called him slow! Who says that kind of thing? Every baby is different and I wonder how she would feel if that was her!

Robbo - Don't feel guilty.Easier said than done though.Know how you feel totally.But you need time for yourself, you need to still be you or you can't be the best mother and wife.

Catherine - I didn't get Dh anything for Fathers Day, he did tell me not too though.He has a Boys Weekend next month so that can be his present! Hope Flynn's sleep is getting better for you.See you soon.

OK enough from me, I'll speak to you lovely ladies soon.

Laura xx

Hi Ladies! time for me to stop being so slack and to post in here!

I texted Reenie, she says HI and all is good with her. Her connection is taking longer than expected so she hopes to be back online next week.

I'm going to try really hard to do all the personals i need to catch up on so here goes......

Laura for you. I think you are doing a fantastic job of managing what must be a mammoth condition. You should be very proud of it. I'm sorry you have been doing it tough lately and I'm going to be all mumsy on you and tell you to make sure you tell your Psych EVERYTHING. To beat this PND you need to. Your fainting and 'white outs' sound very scary, again being all mumsy....get them checked out asap.....you have Sam to take care of too. How are your night terrors going? They sound very frightening! See?......you really deserve a medal girl.

Andie you are totally right to not be concerned at all about Cam. He's doing great and will do it all in his own good time and probably still way too soon for your liking! your trip sounds huge! I don't know that I would be that keen at all, but then again one child as opposed to three in the car sounds preferable! Did you end up turning Cam's seat around? Or did you get one of those mirrors? Does Cam have any toys in the car? Your little man is such a champ I'm sure he's handle it like a pro! Not too long until your Tassie trip either....

Catherine it's hilarious the little things they crack up at isn't it? I have a little video of Jake cackling at Ben where Ben is naked and dancing in front of him!! your weekend outside sounds glorious, it's so nice when the weather fines up. Don't worry, we are still holding out for the elusive full night sleep too......

Luey oh no....uber poo.....yuck! Can't say I've ever had that one happen to me.. Sorry E is still giving you problems, it's so hard to know what to do! Jake still only sleeps the same as E, but I am resigned to the fact. I should probably be doing something about it be he seems to cope well on that amount of sleep so i don't bother. Ben was much the same too when he was a baby.

Nic lol, i love all your little posts. i'm glad i didn't just sound like a raving lunatic about DTD and stuff, it's just stuff i know I struggle with myself all the time and I'm glad to know others do too. It's so life-changing becoming a Mum but you can never prepare for it! DH wouldn't go to a counsellor, but I'll tell you more about that later. Thanks for the info on BLS, I hadn't even heard of it but it seems great! I did that basically with DD but never knew it had a name or that I was even doing it! I tried Jake tonight, wen well, we did a half/half thing. Cos he's used to his pureed veg I put it on the spoon and he fed it to himself, did a surprisingly good job actually!! He also had some whole steamed carrot, broccoli and beans.

Macca I also cannot believe anyone made you even feel Will was the slow one, let alone say it!! how rude! Three teeth! He is doing great, we still have no sign of any! Glad the solids seem to have helped with night sleeps. How long has it been since you have seen DH?? i have to say lately not seing DH for long amounts of time sounds quite good!

Hayley for you too. hope you are feeling better by now. on the guilty front....all I can say is that I understand, I really do. And it's true what they say, motherhood is just one big guilt trip. Hope you find some peace soon.

Jo glad Riley's grommets went well. Isabella is look gorgeous! Growing so fast! And WHOOT for the weight gain! She must be such a good girl. I loved your pic of Riley doing the dishes also. Take care of yourself and try not to put too much pressure on yourself re: the house. You can only do what you can do.

Ok...phew!! i think that's it! Now for me!

Well, DH laughed at counselling and said no way. Which is what i thought he would do/say. So we have another month, after which time I will be insisting firmly we go, if not I'll go on my own. I'm just so resistant to an ultimatum *sigh*. It's all an old issue which has been there forever and I should have resolved it way back when. I go through this cycle of letting him resolve it himself, seeing nothing is being done, getting angry that I've beleived him and put my faith in him again, and getting angry that it's NEVER going to change. So we'll see how it goes.

Moving Jake into Ben's room went ok, it's all the same, he still wakes the same amount of times etc. It is kinda nice having my bedroom space back and if and when we do end up DTD I won't feel so weird that Jake is right there and stirring! He is such a light sleeper that even when we are whispering (as you do before you go to sleep....well we do! Have a little chat....) he is guaranteed to stir so this really is best for all!

Ben is doing ok, he has calmed down little. He's not crying all the time anyway. He's still concerning me as he's still very anxious about random things, like about a month ago we got mail for someone else in our letter box and before I could look at it Chloe ripped into it and opened it. He is still worrying about that! Still worrying about things getting in his ears, nose and mouth.......it's all a little obsessiv and just weird. He's always been a little bit like that but there's been a marked change in him. I'll sit on it a while longer until my friend comes back from the US, then I'll pick her brains.

We had a couple of milestones here today and I have to admit i'm feeling a little proud . Jake sat alone for a good 5 or so minutes...usually he falls after a few seconds! He also actually started to crawl...well commando crawl! It's so cute! He was chasing the cords off the playstations today and I kept taking them off him. He just rolls around everywhere to get what he wants. But today he got his sights on one, pulled his knees up and started pulling his arms along the floor commando style until he got one! Cheeky monkey! Dh thinks it's great and is trying to coach him to crawl properly but I don't want him to yet!! It's all happening too quickly.....my baby......waaaaaaaa!!

Anyway, I'm off to do some nappy hunting before bed, damn Nappy Hunt is so addictive, lol.

xxx

Oooo I forgot too......Rustygirl.....where are you??? YooHoo???

Hi everyone,
    well it is nearly Friday, what are they like again

I know it is strange seeing all these posts from me but honestly if I don't do things in bits I would get nothing done. I was going through a stage where I wasn't doing anything cause I wouldn't finish it then realised the only way to do things was in 'bite' sized bits. I also have an opinion on everything so this way I can make sure I get to everything & yes I probably have too much time on my hands (did someone say I should be in bed! but I wanna finish this)

o.k... where to start...

Jo, your little girl is such a darling, she makes my heart melt, she has such a beautiful smile. I love my boy don't get me wrong but she makes me want to go back again, I love how you are training Riley early his future partners thank you. I also love all the lighthearted e-mails, they really lighten a tough day, thanx.

see told ya gotta go, bbl

Thankgoodness you posted Nic, I thought I was a thread killer! :P

I do that occasionally too, it's easier for sure. So go for it we dont mind

Jake is really taking off the last day or so, he's fast! I put him outside on a rug yesterday, turned my back and he was off it in a flash!! So the next option while I hung out the washing was to put him on the trampoline (It's an enclosed one!) which he loved!! He crawled and rolled everywhere, even thought it was funny he could see right through it and the dog running underneath!

Better go, go to go shopping today, the cupboards are bare. Fun.....

xxx

Hi all

I agree Jo - Isabella is gorgeous

This is a selfish post from me but I feel like crap. E's sleeping is shocking, it wa a bit better wednesday night but last night it was back to being awake every 90mins or so. I have somehow fallen into the trap of feeding him to make him settle. I think because he doesn't feed well during the day and yesterday we were out and he was overtired - slept maybe 2hours in about 12. I think my suply has dropped off and am seriously considering formula. HAve tried offering him the boob and he won't take it or feed for 2mins but will sometimes take 100mls plus of formula. I am just so confused and tired. I had a goal of 6months of BF and I am almost there. I jsut don't want to give up too easily but just knowing how much he is drinking is a huge pro. I am also feeling pretty frustrated at times with E not sleeping I know formula won't necessarily help but at least it is one cause we can eliminate. I am just worn out.

Anyway have a lovely friday. I have the cleaner today so need to get organised, plus a friend is dropping her little girl off for an hour or so so she can do the shopping and running around in peace.

Hi girls!!!! Sorry I have been a bit MIA...soooo busy with Cohen, Joel the house and organising our wedding. Only 8 weeks to go and.....it's been hectic. How are you all? Sounds like all our bubbas a cruising along. Cohen is just the biggest joy!!! The only thing I have to complain about is his night feeds. Still waking around 3 times during the night for a bottle. I have tried solids during the day but he just gets so hysterical that it's torture......I can't force feed him. I have tried carrot and potato....but they were mixed. Maybe I should try them by themselves??? I dread it cause I know that he gets so worked up.
    He's bottle fed every 3-4 hours during the day depending on how he is feeling Is this normal??
    Good news is that his eczema has really cleared up. It's only obvious around his ears and the back of his legs!!! It's sooo much fun to have a baby with beautiful skin on his face!
    His grandmother bought him a walker.... I didn't really want Cohen to have one because I feel he should walk by himself before he can reach things on the bookshelves and things like that, but he really loves it and the look on his face when he can stand without us holding him up is priceless!!! The only thing is he's pulling books and photo frames off the shelves!!!!!!!!
    much more to talk about but have to scoot. So much to do and so little time.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to you all!

Luey. You are allowed to feel crap and exhausted and confused. because you are. FWIW I too am in the trap of feeding for settling and it's been ok so far but last night i had a crap night too. ....

On the formula, TBH I have been also toying with the idea of giving Jake formula at night, then i know for sure what he has in his tummy. I don't know if it's the answer though. If you are seriously thinking of doing formula my biggest piece of advice would to to not let your supply dry up for a while, keep it there JIC. It may not make any difference at all.

For supply, you know I'm not the worlds most knowledgeable BFer (lol) but i also think at times mine is not so great but then I see a dribble coming out of Jakes mouth

I think if at all you can a decent sleep over the weekend would help tremendously. you need renewed energy to tackle this!!

Oh also FWIW jake was always happy to take as much formula as I would give him. When I took the plunge and stopped offering it he was a-ok without it. So just because they will take the formula doesn't akways mean they are hungry and need it either.

xxx
    Last edited by *becstar*; September 12th, 2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling

A wedding nina!! YAY!! Sorry i had no idea...well i probably did but clean forgot! We got married when DD was about the same age and yes, it's full-on!

with the solids, try looking for Baby Led Solids on the net or BB. That might suit cohen more than purees. If you give him something like some vegemite on toast he'll probably have it gone in no time! I know it can sound crazy but you'll be surprised what they can actually eat!

Cohen is def not the only bubba waking for night feeds that's for sure! I know Cam is one who doesn't....but I think most the others do!!

Bottles all sound good, mine used to have the same, about every 4 hours.

We also have a walker and Jake loves being upright too. We bought it just to get him upright, and chose that over a jolly jumper because it's more portable and he can go wherever I am. He loves sitting in his while i'm in the shower.

Glad the eczema is clearing up, Jake also has some but just a couple of patches on his cheek, neck and top of head.

SOOOOO good to hear from you and glad all is well!

I really need to get dressed now....lol.

xxx

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast