Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Hi Ladies,

Sorry probably not much of a post from me, I'm so tired. Been having issues with Ben lately, he is really out of character and it's really starting to worry me. So much so i'm thinking of asking my friend who's a psychologist to have a chat with me and him.

Macca, that is such a lovely idea, I might just 'borrow' it. Congrats on Will's first tooth too!! I know it is so sad how quickly they grow.....but from the looks of your sig you plan to be doing it all again

Laura, good luck with the moving, not fun with a baby! And 5 days is a long time with no net......5 weeks nearly killed me!

Andie, no you weren't cryptic, I'm just so incredibly ignorant about current events. I don't read the paper and rarely watch the news, so I live in lala land! DH is always telling me how bad I am for not knowing what's going on! As far as the carseat goes, again, I'm old-school but I've always turned mine around when they hit the 8kg mark. TBH I never even realised it was 'safer' to keep the rear facing either. That said, Jake will be turned around when he reaches 8kg. Totally up to you and DH Oh and the dress fitting never happened, rescheduled for next week. Thank goodness though, I jumped on Mum's scales and OMG I weigh 3kg more now than I did when Jake was 3 weeks old!! WTF???

njd I haven't managed to use BB chat yet, one day! But sure, I'd love to chat to any of you gals!! I think it's so sweet you really don't want bubs to grow up I remember waiting desperately for all the 'firsts' with Benji and now I just wish I could have my time over again.

Luey, glad you had a nice night out, it feels good just to do something 'normal' again doesn't it?? How is E going with his top ups?

All boys, your holiday sounds lovely but I agree, packing is a nightmare, especially with a little one! Where are you going? Good on Scout for loving his veggies!

Mel, how are you doing? Jo, I see on FB that Riley is doing well?? Who else am I missing? Reenie? Rustygirl...I'm sure there are a few more missing..... Hi to all.

xxx

Hi Bec - I hope Ben is ok. E is going well, we don't top up that often. Every couple of days now and it is usually only about 40mls. I am usually prepared to top up when we go out but last night I had some formula left over when when I made cereal and DH offered it before the boob and he wouldn't take it. Little monkey. Now I have concerns about him when we go out and leave him with a bottle of formula. I guess if he is hubgry enough he will drink it. It is just easier when we go away to leave a bottle if he gets hungry and we are never gone for that long. He would survive.
    How is the boobie feeding going now? How is his sleeping/settledness

I can't believe E is almost 5 months. where has the time gone. I am liking 4-5months, it is so much more interesting though, but I don't really want him to grow up. It will be 3ish years before/if we have another. Macca, Will is doing really well. Wooo on the tooth. The next one won't be far away.

All boys - glad Scout likes his solids and WOO on the sleep. at the moment 5ish hours is all I get if I am lucky. Oh well it won't last forever.

Hi to everyone else

We have jsut started solids again. WE had some apple today which he liked but I think it was a bit too lumpy and I rushed it, plus he was tired. He started gagging a bit. He is fine with cereal but that is pretty runny. Still working out the whole swallow thing but he opens his mouth when he sees the spoon. I will see how we go.

HAve a great afternoon

Hi everyone,

Jo, I hope things went well with Riley's operation. I have been thinking of you. I'm glad the weaning is working for you & I am glad that she is putting weight it must be a weight of your mind

Macca79 has you DH been able to come home for the weekend or have you been on your own the whole time (nearly?) I think you have done a fantastic job - while my DP may not do as much as I want him to at time I am grateful he is there. At least he should be home soon

Luey, why would he take formula when he knows there is booby around lol I bet if you are not around he would take it - cheeky monkeys. GL with the solids. The time sure is flying by - soon they will be off to school Good to hear that E is better as well.

All-boys, GL with your trip, looking forward to hearing how you went. Scout is now 5 mnths old woo hoo

Becstar it took me a few goes to use chat & then I realised that I had to register for that too... At the bottom of the login box there is a create a new user account link, you need to click on that to be able to use it. I hope things sort itself out with Ben, it always throws me a bit when DP is out of sorts. I hope the b/f is still going well too...

Andie, did you get around to weighing Cam? has the b/f settled down? GL with your trip.

Laura, hope your move is going well, look forward to an update when you get back online.

Mel, I hope james is out of his bad habit of biting? is the sleeping going well? how is your foot?

we are on tooth watch, DS just hasn't been himself the last couple of days, constantly grumbling & not happy. So I figured if he is getting teeth then it is time to introduce some solids. I don't want to be giving him regular meals or anything like that yet just giving him food here & there & especially rusks to help with his feet. So first of all we gave him a brocoli floret which he squeezed & sucked, as soon as he saw another one he wanted it so gave that to him as well & then we tried him with a bit of cauliflower. The look on his face was priceless as he was expecting the brocoli taste & he knew it was different - he didn't go much on that he didn't eat a lot but he must had something as his next poo had bits of brocoli in it. Then the next night we tried some pumpkin that DP mashed up, he wasn't too thrilled with that I think cause it was cold because when we gave him a cube of pumpkin that was warm he loved it, again squished it in his fingers & sucked them like there was no tomorrow. We gave him some strawberry today but he wasn't too fussed on that & then it was time for bannana - he gummed a small amount of & he didn't like it I think cause he isn't use to the weight & wasn't sure what to do so we just fished it out. He makes me laugh. He has rolled from his tummy to his back a few times now but his best trick is sitting up, he looks so cute & each day he is more stable.

well it's aftermidnight again so I better go so final goodbyes to Reenie, rustygirl, catherinemoses, hayley & anyone else I missed

Hi again everyone. Well we still only have one tooth but I can feel the one next to it on the way. DS has been having a series of off and on days. Some days he sleeps really well others he is fussy, warm and just want to be held. He has worked out how to roll from his back to his front but now he does it every where including in his crib. I have had to go back to wrapping him just to get him to sleep. I had been getting up 6 times a night just to put him on his back again as he wont sleep on his tum and can't roll back yet. It's all very frustrating at times .

njd - It was great chatting to you the other night. Sadly no DH is not home on the weekends as he is in QLD and we are in the NT. Both my mum and MIL have been here at different times and while it helps me out when it comes to chores I think I prefer it when it is just DS and I as we have a really good routine. Sounds like your little man is really enjoying his introduction to solids. Im looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

laurab - Hope the move has gone ok for you and that your back online soon. When I lost my modem signal for 3 days I thought I would die without it . Its funny how when your home so much the net really becomes an outlet.

becstar - Sorry to hear you and Ben are having problems . I hope your friend is able to help you out.

luey - Sounds like your having fun with introducing solids as well. Hope it all goes well.

Hi all,

Just a quick post to say hi. Had Cam weighed yesterday and he was 7.5kg, so he's put on almost 400g in the past two weeks. Not bad considering his on-and-off booby efforts lately. It's still the same - some feeds he will, others he won't. But, main thing is he's still happy and content (and sleeping through the night ... no, please don't hit me anyone). Have decided to start him on solids at the weekend (would like DH to be part of the inaugural "Solids Adventure", hence the weekend start ). Am thinking rice cereal to start, then moving on to vegie mash.

Bec - how's things with Ben?
    Mel - any change with James' biting?
    Macca - on the tooth ... not so on getting up 6 times a night to move Will back to his back!
    Luey - how are you going with solids now?
    Njd - hope the tooth pops through A-OK. Imagine broccoli poo is a sight to behold .
    Laura - hope your move is going well.

Well, I've been busy on the internet over the past 2-3 weeks, virtually used up our monthly allowance. Methinks real estate dot com uses WAY too many Mbs per download. Anyway, I've promised DH to keep off the computer for a bit as we're now being charged for our extra Net usage, so if I'm not around much, you know why. Money wise, we're starting to feel the pinch of one income. Luckily we're not anywhere near the breadline, but the belt is slowly being tightened. Anyone want to support me if I run for Senate on the platform of paid maternity leave for 12 months? IF ONLY !

Catch you all later, Andie

Hi everyone!

Just a quick one for me,Telstra hasn't connected our internet,should have known that they never keep the time frames.It's now by 5pm Friday.I'm using my parents ATM.

Move went well,still bags of clothes and things to unpack.I'm feeling a little anxious about the whole thing.Just a whole new area and things.
    Sam has coped quite well, much better than the cat who has been hiding in a box for the past 3 days.

Anyway, better go, my parent have timed internet.

Hope everyone is well and I'll be back to do personals when I'm up and running again.

xxx

*bump*

where are we all?? :P I'm cleaning out the house big time! About to take 7 bags of clothes to the vinnie bin....feels SO good! lol

Are we all enjoying our weekends??

xxx

YAY I'm back online!

Don't have time to post right now but I'll be back on later.

xx

hi girls,

thanks for all the advice of the biting and freckle, James continues to bite but maybe only once every 3rd feed now instead of 5 times each side on each feed ! still no sign of a tooth though, still havent started feeding him solids, i intended to this weekend but havent yet so will wait til next weekend i think, i did give him a rusk to try and he liked that, chewed a groove in it like a shark took a bite out of it lol

on the sleeping side of things he is sleeping great most days, having 2-3 hour sleep twice a day but nights are still a challenge, last night he slept from 530pm-930pm and then woke at 0230 for a feed and was up for the day at 515 ! pretty good for us but the early mornings are really taking it out of me !

so the latest in the tresillian saga, i decided last weekend that maybe we should go into the residential unit after all (after too many bad nights in a row) i hadn't yet cancelled our booking so we are meant to be going in on the 8th sept, however i still have my issue with them not letting me take the monitor and i tried to sort it out (read rang then mon tues wed thurs trying to get an answer) the manager makes the final decision but despite leaving message after message i havent had a phone call back so im pretty peeved with that, i wont be going because if they cant organise to phone me back to sort out an issue that is important to me i dont have much faith in their help ! (also i needed to know if the manager would agree so dh could get time off work, now its too late)

Bec: good on you having the big clothes clean up, we have so much to do, there is clutter everywhere but most of it is in the spare rooms behind closed doors so it never gets done because we dont see it all the time ! cute pic of you and Jake, he always looks so alert :-) how was the dress fitting ?

Laura: i hope you are settling in to the new place ok, how is your anxiety ?

Jo: how are Riley and Isabella going ?

Hayley: how was your trip away

All Boys: how is Scout going with his solids ? how much does he eat at a time ?

Luey: hows Ethan going with the sleeping ? i have realised that once you sort out one problem they think up something new to do and you are back to square one !

Andie: are you moving house ? is that the reason for the real estate viewing ? how did Cam go with starting solids ? cute pictures of him, he has such lovely bright blue eyes

Reenie: are you back with us yet ?

Nic: how is Dusty going with the teething ? oh by the way i think you arent meant to give strawberry until 12 months, i think it is one of those things that can cause an allergic reaction like a rash etc (although i think i gave DD it early too because i didnt know !)

Catherine: hows Flynn going ?

hi to anyone i have missed, i better go and get dinner, james is already asleep for the night stretch (even though its disturbed by feeds) i try and stretch him to go down later because he wants to get up 12 hours after he goes down, hence the 5am waking ! but he cant stay up when he really needs to go to bed

Melinda

Laura, YAY for being online!! you survived then? :P How did the move go??

Mel, I can't believe Tresillian haven't gotten back to you yet! How rude and unprofessional! You'd think being the organisation they are they would be very on top of returning phone calls etc. God forbid if you were really struggling and something happened, it could very well be their fault!

Andie, did you dive into the world of solids? How did it go? I can't believe how old all the bubs are getting Jake is such a pig, lol. Up to three meals a day now plus rusks he devours in between. It all just happens too fast.

Macca, i stole your idea and gave my LC a card with a photo and a message written in my right hand (I'm a lefty), she loved it. So thanks

I moved Jake into Ben's room yesterday in a desperate attempt to get some mojo happening in our room. Things are rocky still and having nothing going on in there isn't helping at all. I just can't do it with Jake in there, he is such a light sleeper, not like the others were! We'll see how it goes. I hope it all goes ok, I know getting this part of our relationship on track is important.

Anyway, I'm happy with my cleanout today, I feel a little purged, lol. I even took the plunge and turfed all the baby clothes, and most of the ones Jake had to grown into. They were all so outdated and truth is I wasn't putting him in much of Ben's old stuff as it was so old it was hand-me-downs to him. I figure I'll just buy new. So I'd better get a layby happening before we are into 0's! lol. Nah, i think we are safe in 00's for a while. Now things are settling a little and Jake is sleeping better in the days I'm getting stuff done slowly, it makes me feel so much better.

Hope you are all doing well and bubs are making you all smile I love Jake's little smile and giggle, best two things in the world.

xxx

Good Morning everyone.

Again I am up before the crack of dawn! At least I get some time to myself before Sam wakes up.
    You have no idea how much I missed the Internet,you really don't realise how much you rely on it until you don't have it.It was so annnoying..took 6 calls to hopeless Telstra to get it connected.You really wouldn't think it would be that hard.

I'm loving the space we have now, although I feel a little lost in the area.

I have decided with my doctor that i am going to lower the dose of my medication.I am having such bad side affects from it, night terrors and sweats.Maybe a little tmi but I have been waking up dripping in sweat and that's why I am always up so early.It is to the point that I can't stand it anymore.
    It's a catch 22 though. Do I put up with it and feel almost sane or do I lower the dose and risk feeling worse? I decided to risk feeling worse to get a good nights sleep.I have been on the higher dose for 3 months now and feel I am in a better place to deal with it if things do get bad.
    My doctor thinks that this medication is probably not the best one for me, but my options are so limited with breastfeeding.I cant stop the feeding though...I feel that would be the beginning of the end for me.I would be devastated. I just wish having a baby didn't do this to me.I'm so scared for next time.

As for Sam, he is being pretty good compared to how he was.The move didn't seem to affect him at all.He is getting so much personality now! I just love watching him do all these new things.

Andie - Sam is still rear facing in the car, although we are about to turn him around.He would weigh over 9kg now.That's the safe weight to turn them around ,isn't it?
    Oh and I would support you 100% for senate!

Nic - Sam is doing those raspberries all night and day too.How cute is it! He even does it when he is trying to fall asleep.
    About the live chat...I tried to work it out yesterday but it wouldn't let me log on?? I would love to get online and live chat with you though.
    Has the tooth appeared yet? Been thinking of you.

Luey - Glad your night out went well.Must be nice knowing you can go out and not have to worry about sleeping.Fingers crossed for next time!
    I like the "WE" had Apple today! Sounds like me!

Macca - Yay for the first Tooth! I don't want Sam to get one, it will mean he is growing up.

Mel - Biting...Sounds very painful. I'm glad to hear he is doing it a little less.
    Good luck with the Unit.Have you found out if you can bring the monitor yet? I hope it all gets better for you.
    What do they do? I mean what methods do the use? I am very interested to hear the feedback. Sam 's good night still involve at lest 4 wakings.

Bec - How are things with Ben? Having Sam in the room is an issue for me too.I can't bring myself to take him out just yet though.Mind you, I really don't think it would make that much of a difference for me anyway.I just can't bring myself to "do" it anyway.I know the depression can do that and that my meds make it worse but for me it feels like more than that.I don't know how to explain it...It makes me feel dirty,like I am doing something really really wrong. I am going to speak to my psychologist about it because it's becoming an issue for me...well us.I just don't understand why am like this.

All-boys - Enjoy your holiday, I wish it was me!

OK that's it for me. I did want to write a whole lot more but my concentration isn't that great so early in the morning and I'm worried I will start talking about some Self -Combustive Space puff System if I keep going.mmm....I had a dream last night that had that in it.It was this spaceship thing...

Love to you all

Laura xx
    Last edited by loulabelle; September 1st, 2008 at 06:19 AM. Reason: I spelt my own name wrong!

Hi everyone. I haven't been online in what feels like forever! I thionk in truth it is about 4 or 5 days but it feels like forever!
    I started Flynn on solids for about a week and then I stopped giving them to him cos he was being a complete horror over night! He was waking every 2-3 hrs and he had been way better before. We had maybe a week of great nights, at least 5 hrs (once even 9hrs!!) in a row. I can handle that but anything less...don't get me started!!! I have been slowly giving him some mashed vegies while I am making dinner again, he loves it and gobbles it all up! However our nights are not that good again. I'm at a bit of a loose end with it. Anyway hopefully it will sort itself out soon. Flynn is rolling everywhere now! Every time I put him down he rolls onto his tummy. Then he gets all irritated and cries to be flipped back and then straight away is back on his tummy!! it is a little bit tedious! He can rolls front to back but doesn't for some reason! Anyway he is very cute and despite the trials and sleepless nights I am very much enjoying watching him grow up! Everything is such an adventure for Flynn. There is always something to look at and grab at and try and shove into his mouth! I think he is going to be a bit of a handful when he can crawl and walk!! Dh an I have been thinking of changing his name to kicky and flappy!!! He is always kicking his leg (quite hard, so it makes a noise) onto the floor and flapping his arms around and wriggling, gosh so much wriggling!!!
    Bec I hope Jake's move into Ben's room works for you. It is definitely an important area, good luck with it! Well done on your spring cleaning! I loaded my boot up with a heap of stuff probably a month ago...feels so good!!
    Mel pooh to tresillian. They are supposed to help not cause more stress! Starting the day at 530??? ARGH No thanks. I'm very lucky that Flynn is up for maybe an hour - hour and a half and then he is back to sleep for at least an hour. hope your nights get better soon!
    Andie Hope you are enjoying your solids adventure!
    Laura Glad the move has gone well. Hope you feel a bit more settled soon. Hopefully see you soon!
    Macca Hi! Woo hoo for a tooth! Did you have all of the teething symptoms or was it a bit of a surprise?? I am hoping that teething is not going to be the drama that lots of people say it is. I'm probably dreaming tho!!
    Hi to everyone I have missed. I have been on here for nearly an hour! I'd better go.
    Seeya Catherine

Hi! i should be turning in for bed but just had to reply to you Laura on the DTD topic.

This might seem like a whole lot of babble but I've been doing a lot of thinking about all this lately. And it's totally honest so sorry if it seems crazy, just a glimpse inside my untamed mind

I see it as totally normal to feel how you do, to feel 'dirty'. i know you have other issues at play, the depression and meds etc but I also say there is a part which is SO normal. When you become a mother, your whole perception of yourself has to change. and it's damn hard. to be totally honest, only really since Jake has been born have I really felt at peace with who I am these days, and what that means. For me, I am happy being mum, but then I get a bit itchy....and I can't remember who bec is anymore, and what she thinks, feels and has to say about things iykwim? and then when i put the effort into who bec is I feel guilty for not being mum and wife. It's all too hard!! It's really difficult to mesh all the different 'beings' you need to be into one person without feeling like Jekyll and Hyde. So for me, it's only after being a mother for almost 5 years that i'm really starting to know who bec, the mother and wife really is, and that I can be one and the same. This is true about DTD too. I can understand feeling like you are doing something wrong because it's like you are a mother now and mothers don't do those things right?? I can't tell you how to change it, and I would still talk to the psychologist about it for sure but that's ust my take on it all and I just wanted to share if with you. Even if it is a whole heap of babble! :P

sorry catherine, will get bakc to you tomorrow when the kids are at daycare, Ben is doing better, thanks

night

xxx

Hi Ladies
    We are doing well thanks for asking Mel.
    Isabella is a little pork chop now. I have completely put her onto formula and she has packed on the weight. She gained 1.5kgs in a month. Isabella weighs 6.89kg. I don't know how long she is, I will try and get her measured tomorrow. I have tried Isabella on solids once but she gagged and havent tried again. Isabella is really good at sleeping (Riley was too and still is). I feed her about 9.30pm and she sleeps till about 5.30 - 6.30am and she will be up for 1/2 - 1 hour before she goes back to bed and sleeps till about 11am and then is up for 1 - 2 hours depending what we are doing, goes back to bed about 1ish and sleeps till about 4pm ish and goes back to bed about 5ish and sleeps till I get her up for her last feed. Isabella has rolled from front to back 3 times now but she wiggles off her mat. She loves to poke out her tongue.

Riley went really well with his grommets. He cried in recovery and I don't know if he was in pain or if she was doing a whinge but as soon as he got a sandwich and some juice, perked up if there wasn't anything wrong. He was hungry cause he ate 2 full sandwiches crusts and all and Riley doesn't eat crusts.
    The ladies at daycare reckon that they have noticed a change in Riley now that he has grommets. He responses to his name being called alot quicker now. I have also notice that he interacts with other kids at playgroup which he never used to do. Riley is really good about having ear plugs put in when he is having a bath but is not so keen about having the headband on to prevent water getting into his ears when we wash his hair.

I had better go and get some work done. There is so many things that need doing in our house at the moment. Mick is doing interstate again which means he comes home every second night to sleep and that is it thru the week and he has Saturdays off. I sent Riley to the neighbours yesterday so I could spray the weeds with poison. If I had to wait for Mick to do these things the weeds will be taller then me.
    Must go.
    Take Care
    Jo

Hi everyone!

Just a quicky from me.....

Bec, you are so right! I never thought of it like that, but it's true.The other things on top don't help but the key issue is being a mother.
    I feel as if I will be "wasting" good product if I do it without ttc.lol Gosh....I am screwed up!

Anyway I better be off to make myself as undesirable as possible for when DH gets home.

xx

Sorry! will bbl.....things are falling down around my ears here atm...damn DH's!!!

BBL

xxx

Hi again!

So sorry, arghhhh!! Just when I think things are going well....they aren't. Suffice to say I'm looking into counselling atm, just gotta break it to DH.......

Anyway......Laura, SO glad you don't think I'm a babbling idiot, lol. And i know what you mean about wasting good product, You are not screwed up, I know I think like that too

Jo, glad Riley is doign great with his grommets and good on Isabella for stacking on the weight! She is about the same as Jake! Good work! you do such a good good job given DH's job.....it's tough I'm sure.

Catherine, Jake is also doing the flappy thing and is thumping the floor with his feet. Crazy little fellas!!

I'm so sorry for no more personals, i've got a ton of stuff to do still as DH has been in bed since around 4pm, I have no clue why, we aren't actually speaking. Anyway, all is ok here Hi Macca, Mel, Njd, Andie, reenie, luey and anyone else i'm sure I've missed

xxx

welcome to hump day ladies,

I'm going to have to do this in chunks again cause I don't know how many times I have started this & not got to finish. I know, I know I could talk/type under wet cement

Jo, so glad to hear Riley's op went well & that Isabella is putting on weight. I have to say I am jealous about the sleeping but I know D will get better sooner or later

Macca, haven't heard from you in a while, the chat was great hope we get to do it again sometime, how are things going? when does DH get home? how long did it take for the tooth to come through?

bbl, the little man is awake & wants a feed

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast