Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

hi everyone!

sorry been MIA! been really busy adjusting to the changes, and we were at mum and dads for the weekend! this will just be a quick post to update on whats been happening here!

We took Susie to the chiropractor on thursday night and oh goodness my poor lil baby...no wonder she was so unsettled and upset and not sleeping properly - her neck AND her tailbone were out! they were fixed, and we took her back today and everything is just perfect still. She couldnt lift her arm above her shoulder and now it goes easily up to her ear, and she wriggles her bum around like shes just discovered it whenever she has a nappy change!! we're having happy content awake time! even mum noticed the difference and she'd only seen her during a 'good' period before the chiro!

we're still having lots of awake time at night, and taking a while to settle, which isnt working well now that DH is back to work (specially cause he has to leave the house at 6:30 tomorrow), but we'll just keep working with it and at least shes not crying all the time!!

I fed out of the house on sunday (in a room at church), and also fed in the car on the way home from mum and dads (stopped on the side of the road lol)! so yay! still feeding fairly well, left nipple still getting sore a bit, she just doesnt latch quite as confidently and consistently on that side so I hae to watch her more carefully!

glad to hear everyone's bubs are growing well and doing well at their checkups Susie had one on friday just gone and she had put on 265gms in a week, and grown 1cm passed with flying colors, very happy and content the MCHN
    noted!

Storm, all the best for June *hugs*

better go relieve DH so he can get some work done!

Immy is 6 weeks today and 4.5kg which is 400g in 12 days so pretty happy with that. Just quickly checking in, still having extremely frequent feeds with my cute, clingy bubs. Hope all are going well. Time has flown!

Take care. Thinking of you all xo

why cant i see any posts after storms when i know i made one, and jitterbug has made one too...weird!

Morning all hope everyone is well we got 12-4 sleep last night and a 4 hour sleep yesterday

Linda

yay to ther 4 hour blocks linda!! woohoo

we had 11:30 till 2, 3 till 5:30, 7 till 10 last night, she timed her 5:30 feed with DH getting up which was nice cause means he got a cuddle b4 he left for work!!

so when do ppl shower when noone else is home? do u have one when bub has fallen asleep??

When she is asleep for me usually after the 1st feed in the morn 6 or 7

yeah, when she is asleep. when DD1 got bigger (and is awake longer) i used to put her in the bouncer and put the bouncer at the bathroom door while i had a shower (door open).

i just got Chelsea weighed today but i think she gave me the wrong figures. she was 4470 wed last week and today she is apparantly 4480g, 10g is surely not enough to put on in one week. the thing is on the piece of paper she wrote (5100-140 = 4960) i am prsuming she took off 140g for nappy and clothes but if then she is 4960 thats a difference of 490g andsurely thats TOO much for one week. i am confused! :-/ how much do you usually take off when they are wearing clothes and nappy?

They seem to take off about 150g for the clothes, so she must have calculated wrong. Sounds like she is a good weight for four weeks and growing well. 400grams dosent sound like too much, she must be having a growth spurt!

I usually wait till she is asleep to have a shower, today i took her in with me and we had a shower together, she had the funniest look on her face and she tried to drink the water, but she seemed to like it.

We had a fun time at our new mothers group, there were 9 other mothers and a dad, supposed to be 16 i am glad not everyone turned up.

We had a terrible night, she was awake every couple of hours, i am so tired.

If Kodi is awake i place on her the bed & leave the en-suite door open. Otherwise i shower when she's asleep but i still leave the door open.

Kell-Hope you have a better night tonight, I know how tiring it is getting up all the time. Good news is 2nd time around the sleepless nights aren't as bad as your use to getting up all the time

Hollo- My Nurse always weighs Kodi naked, so not much help there.
    Maddi gained 1kg during her growth spurt, so 500g a week & the nurse wasn't worried as she also grew 6cms.

Linda yay for the good sleeping.

Mrs C. Glad the Chiro helped Susie. I'm sure you & Susie will have a routine very soon. Hang in there.

JB-Well done to Immy on the weight gain.

AFU- Kodi saw the Chiro again & she's doing much better with her shoulder. We go back in 1 month to make sure everything is still ok.
    I am taking her to the Dr's this arvo as she's always throwing her milk back up. She's even doing it while she's on the boob. Last feed she chucked up 5 times. I'm hoping she doesn't have reflux.

Trinity Thanks for the tip...Ive tried interupting his feed for more burping and it seems to be helping plus Ive started him on the next size teat too.

Storm After youve made the two bottles an even amount, do you just put them in the fridge and microwave as needed???

tiggerlinda Sorry you had such a bad experience with the MCHN. Sounds like Charlotte is doing well....hoep the Moogoo works for you

MrsC Oh poor Susie!!! Thats great that they figured out the problem...I hope she is much happier for you now Usually I have a shower not long after Josh's morning feed (about 8.30), if he's asleep I just duck in quickly, if hes awake but not grizzly I poop him in the rocker and put it in the bathroom door. I would love to be able to take him in the shower with me, but Im too scared he would wriggle and Id drop him (he loves showers with DH tho)

Hollo That sure does sound like they messed up the figures there.....not sure about the clothes tho, Josh has only been weighed nakey so far!

kellbell glad you had a good time at your mothers group not good that you had a rough night tho...I hope tonight will be better for you guys!!

Are you guys seeing both a GP and mchn??? Or just one now??? I gotta get myself organised for our 6 weeks checks and shots

Have a bit of time as Kodi is asleep & Maddi is off destroying her bedroom.

Helen are you more interested in AIO or Pocket cloth nappies?
    I love my Itti bitti's, You can't go wrong with them
    We see a GP for needles & a health nurse for the regular weigh In's & development check ups.
    Glad Josh is doing better, i remember having to burp Maddi more as she was formula feed & use to chuck up like Josh.

Charlotte is better with her wind in the sling today and going well.

Trinity - good news on Kodi's shoulder and i hope Maddi had a good time in her bedroom
    Helen - the moogoo seems to be going really well nappy rash is clearing. I am going gp only from here was really upset with my experience yesterday and lack of understanding
    Kell - Sorry about the terrible night do you have a sling Charlotte sleeps better if I have had her in the sling during the day

Has anyone got advice for managing the milk when dropping a feeds naturally I have lost some supply with my iron levels but gp would like me to drop off 1-2 esxpesses as soon as I can

Linda how often do you express & for how long?
    Can you wait till your boobs are really full before expressing or maybe cut the time you express in half. Do you still express over night?
    I vaguely remember cutting my expressing time in half, as i moved Maddi on to Formula. Then again my supply was crappy as i was pretty sick.

Maddi had a ton of fun destroying her room

ETA-Kodi has to see a Pead, hopefully we can find a reason for her excessive chucking.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; April 29th, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

Just popping in quickly, Helen, just stick it up the back of the fridge for next feed.

Got visitors tonight so no time for personals.

Have a good night ladies!!

Heres hoping all our babies have a great sleep tonight! and all the mummies too....

Trinity Im thinking mainly pockets and possibly fitted. Just because of the quicker drying time (I dont have a dryer) and being able to adjust the booster in the pockets.

Tiggerlinda Glad the sling is going well...Im still trying to decide if I want some sort of carrier or not, too many to pick from lol! Great news on the moogoo too

Storm Awesome thanks...I wasnt sure how it would go being stored after mixing, but I will give that a go

Hope everyone had a good night last night Josh shocked me a little, after some very unsettled crabby days and feeding heaps, he let me sleep til 3am!!! Thinking it must have been a growth spurt and the poor thing finally needed his rest as much as I did! Not sure how Im gonna go in winter with laundry, im already behind cos of afew overcast days, might have to work on DH for a dryer lol

We are all booked in to see the GP end of next week for both our checkups and Josh's shots (hopefully they wont upset him too much!) And the week after that our mummy group starts It will be really good to finally get him all weighed, measured and checked out...plus I think his eye test should be coming up soon which is good cos Im a little anxious about that one!

Hi everyone,

Sorry i disappeared for a while, came down with a cold and gee it made it hard going looking after David as well. But all good now.

We're doing well, seem to be doing the four hour blocks but he seems to have a few hours of happy content awake time at 10pm-12pm which makes would be nicer a bit earlier in the evenign lol.. otherwise going well our last checkup he had put on 140g putting him at 4.67 at 2 weeks..and he'd grown 3cm that week . Wonder how he'll do at our checkup on Monday the big 4 weeks.

I've fed a couple of times in the car, and parents but haven't had to feed when out at cafe /shops yet bit nervous about that. Thinking of using the vouchers we got for portrait place this weekend (not sure how that will go) has anyone had professional photos done?

Trinity & Helen- I have itti bitti both pocket and aio they were quite good but David seems to be in between poppers so found the bumgenius valcro better.

MrsAussie- Glad that bub is doing better, it must be such a relief. Wonder if it is quite common babies putting backs out as my friend at work had similar problem and bub had a few sessions of chiro.

The last three nights Immy has had a 6hr block from 12-6am It has been nice to catch up on some sleep but we are still taking it one day at a time while secretly hoping she might stay in this pattern. I can't believe how better I feel now that I am getting more sleep so I hope everyone else is managing to get enough! I have my 6 week check-up tomorrow -- a bit nervous, does anyone know what they do? Tomorrow night is my best friends 21st, will be the longest I've been away from Immy so anxious about that. Still not sure whether I will try and express or leave formula or just hope she doesn't need a feed during those 4hrs. It is a bit hard because her Daddy has to work so the option of him bringing her to me is out, doh!! Still really excited to get out, it has been a while!!

Showering -- I try to do it before DP goes to work, otherwise I wait until she is napping.
    Nappies -- still using sposies since we don't have a machine so cloth would be a bit of a nightmare. Luckily, no nappy rash yet. Hoping everyone elses bummies are on the mend!
    Sling -- loving it. Use it at home, at the shops, to go down to the laundromat. It truly is my life saver!

Can't remember what else everyone was discussing and can hear Immy starting to grizzle so will add more if I think of it later. Oh, we DTD the other night... wasn't bad at all -- I was bracing for pain but there was none, just a bit of discomfort after but nothing bad. I didn't have any stitches or grazes so that probably helps a bit. I wanted to try it out before my 6 week, just in case something didn't feel right and I could bring it up then haha.

Well, hope you are all doing okay. Thinking of you!!
    Take care xo

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast