Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

Jitterbug, we had our six week check up today. He checked all her measurments, her reflexes, looked at her eyes and listened to her breathing. Said she is very close to rolling over, so i better keep a close eye on her on the change table. Ella was 5kg and 58cm today, so she is quite long for her age. Good luck with yours!

Our thrush has come back, sooooo hard to get rid of, we are back on the Nilstat again.

We had a long night, she hardly slept, she is having a sleep now. She seems to have her long sleep in the day instead of night. How do i get her to have her long sleep at night instead of daytime??

hi all,
    oh my goodness, chelsea has been really unsettled the past few days. like screaming on the top of her lungs for hours on end! i think she might have colic or something cause she is fine in every other way. i tried those two exercises on the colic website that Linda recommened and at the very least she relaxed for a while. (Linda- did you find any other good exercises to try?)

i cant remember who asked about professional pics- but yes we did. we just got some done (my ticker pic is one of em). we have been to portrait place before and it is sooooooooo expensive. this time i went to a place called 'little images' and its $370 for the whole package plus the CD of photos which has no copyright on it so you can re-print or do what you want with em.

jitterbug and kellbell- we are having our 6 week chek up in a couple weeks, though i have been taking her to be weighed and she seems to be puttion on heaps of weight. we are going to GP to get these done. I find that half the time i know a lot more about babies than some of the health nurses. LOL!

oh, one good thing about being a second time mum, those health nurses leave you alont a lot more! like the other day i said that i co-sleep and all she said was ' are you doing it safe?' where as with DD1 they went on and on about the negative things to do with it. they really tend to leave you alone with all your decisions second time round, i found that they could be a bit pushy and slightly judgemental first time round.

kell- thats great about Ella almost rolling over. i put chelsea to sleep on her back a few times and have come in to find her on her side so i think she is almost there too. Chelsea can also roll her head from one side to the other when on her tummy. she must have a strong neck.

i dont have any advice re: the night/day confusion. to tell you the truth i dont really know how to make a baby do anything! LOL i guess they just do it when they are ready.

does anyone have any opinions about gripe water?

Not sure who is after professional pics but Our Lady is really good and affordable for Brisbane and GC ladies

Hollo have not found any more but Happiest Baby on the block is good

Have you had anything different in your diet Hollo? I know after a few bad days with Noah, I went & spoke to the mchn & she told me not to eat certain things & he settled right down. Mainly broccoli, cauliflower peas corn tomato, onion stone fruit & oranges, garlic & curry. I had drank a hole litre of OJ, argh if only I knew that LOL.

Noah is going to have to be put on formula before I have this op, as they are going to give me some radiation treatment & I wont be able to go near any of my kids for 24hrs & it will contaminate my milk. So so very ****ed off about this & wondering if treatment can be left til he weans, but the dr said NO! as my cancer is an aggressive one.great huh? I am slowly going to wean him off, I have till the end of June.

Awww Jo
    Don't know what else to say, just more

so sorry to hear this Jo, its not fair

kellbell -- not sure about the day/night thing but I have noticed that Immy has smaller, more frequent feeds during the day (every 2-3hrs and only one side) and then bigger feeds before her long night sleeps (4hrs, 6hrs, 4hrs and has both sides). Not sure if this has anything to do with it but sort of makes sense in my head.

Hollo/linda -- I'm interested in getting some professional pics done so would love to know where you both went for it.

storm -- how stressful and unfair. I do hope everything works out for you. I know this isn't how you wanted it to happen but I'm sure Noah will appreciated having a healthy Mum, no matter how he gets fed.

Well Ella turned into a different baby overnight, she slept from 9 till 4, only awake for a quick feed, then back to sleep till seven. I cant believe it!
    We had been having broccoli and onion most nights but not last night. Think i will stay away from those foods you mentioned Storm, thanks

Hope everybody else had a good night too.

Charlotte is making it 11 feed till 3 - 3.30 so happy with that we are aiming to go 3.5 hours today

Jitterbug - Emailed you details
    Kell - Great news on the sleep

to all

Linda that's great to hear Miss C is making it so long.
    How is she going on formula? Which brand did u decide to use?

auzzie Thats a bugger about your cold...i hope you are feeling better now Ive heard the itti's and bumgenius are both really good...i was planning to order some bumG and just ordered 3 cushie tushies to try out.

Jitterbug Wow thats some awesome sleep blocks youve been getting....I hope it lasts for you!! We get the occassional 6 hour sleep, but normally 4-5 which I still think is awesome. Glad the DTD went well...Im still nowhere near that stage yet (still tender with a little leakage) after having stitches I am more scared of trying that than I was of going to the loo the first time!!

kell sorry your sleeping has been abit rough.....Im not sure how to help them sleep longer at night, we just started demanding feeding Josh and he fell into a pattern of his own. Hopefully staying away from brocolli & onion will continue to help

Hollo Ive used gripe water a couple of times now and it did seem to help get alot of wind out (both ends lol) and he settled well. A friend of mine said it nothing at all for her bub tho...so I guess its just one of those trial and error things...

Storm Big big hugs to you hun I really hope everything works out in the long run for you guys!!

mo we are using s26

storm special for you

storm *big big hugs*

yay to the big sleep kell!!!

we've had a really rough 24 hours, Susie been screaminga lot whenever shes awake. am hoping her back isnt out again (chiro expected one of them to re-occur), or maybe its stuff i've been eating! i have been using infacol every feed for 3 days now so hoping it kicks in!! i read smoewhere fizzy drinks can upset their tummies too so am stopping that - i had 2 cans yesterday!

wow, well Susie was asleep by 11...and despite me expecting it to be a catnap slept till 3!! fed and changed her, brett took oer burping at 4 and i went back tobed. they came to bed about 4:40 and she slept till after 8!! woohoo!!! we all really needed that! Brett is still in bed atm too lol

hope eeryone else had a good night

Go Susie Charlotte made it from 11.30 till 3 and then 3-6.30 we are getting there

Managed 3.5 hour feeds during the day and then 3 lots of 2 hour feeds at night so we are still at 8 feeds a day.

Hoping that it won't be too much formula

I went out to my best friends 21st last night. I felt teary the entire time and apparently Immy was very unsettled not sure I will be keen to do it again but apparently it does get easier.

Got home around 11:30 and gave her a big feed. She slept till 5:45 so we are getting some good chunks at night. Still feeding almost 2hrly during the day but I am okay with that.

Go Susie and Charlotte and Ella!

Thanks Hollo and linda for the PMs

Hope everyone else is getting some good sleep!

Take care xo

Yah for all the sleeping, settled babies
    Ella slept again really well from 9 till four then back to bed till 8!

I know how you feel jitterbug, Ella went to her nanas for half the day yest and it felt horrible. I Hope its gets easier as i have to go back to work, though not for a while yet.
    It just didnt feel right not having her with us. We need to win the lottery so i can be a stay at home mum.

Reading back to the top of the page, what is gripe water?

Infacol is better than the gripe water, it swirls around in their tummies "collecting" all the pockets of wind. It worked well for Noah when I had been eating the wrong stuff.

YAY for the good night sleeps!! Noah had a bottle at 1am & slept til 9.30. Gosh were my boobs sore when we got up & feeding was horrible for the first 5mins. I don't know how I am going to do this, it's hard when it's not something you want to do.

YAY for a night out Jitter!!

Linda, has Charlotte settled well on the s26? Noah seemed to chuck a bit of the formula up last night, is that normal?lol.

Well must go do some housework, DH & Zac have gone away this weekend, ahhhhh peace! he he he.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast