Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

Hey I still put Charlotte in bed with me

RazRock Guest

Welcome Emmsan!
    Do whatever works!
    You have to be happy and not stressed and getting some rest so you can look after bubs and enjoy bubs!
    Edison sleeps with us sometimes too. We have a cot beside the bed and a little snuggle nest that sits in between our pillows when we need him close, so we don't have to get up, we can just put our hand on him to soothe or easily put the dummy in. You can do all this half asleep as you don't have to get up, so you get more sleep!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been absent, had my parents up for 10 days and a few tough times with Edison - we found at his 1 month checkup he hadn't put on ANY weight (failure to thrive) so there where a few trying times and stress! he is putting on weight now with formula! Thank god!
    I'll pop back in tomorrow to catch up!

Thinking of you all

Trinity Thats great both girls had a good check up Did you find looking after Maddi was difficult while you were pregnant with Kodi?? Or was it well worth it in the long run??

tiggerlinda Wow thats an awesome sleep run you guys have been having...hope it remains steady for you!!

Emmasn Howdy and welcome Its great to have you here!! Congrats on the birth of Grace...I hope things are going well for you! I dont see anything wrong at all with having Grace in your bed with you and I know plenty of the girls here do the same thing. Sounds like you are doing a great job...even tho it can be hard at times.

Razrock Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time with Edison....thats great that he is finally starting to gain weight tho

Hi to everyone else....hope everyone is going well and enjoying your bubs

Well we had our first mothers group on Wednesday....it was actually pretty good!! We had to keep our prams outside too and man my arm got sore lol (next week we are back in a bigger room tho so prams can fit) It was really interesting to meet the other mums and watch their bubs and how they interact. Im really looking forward to next week now, and we are even going for coffee afterwards!! (Big turn around from my last post about being totally scared to go huh) Went shopping yesterday and Josh was soooooo well behaved...finally got his birth certificate and opened a bank account for him...then spent some Ruddy money getting a heap of toys and books at the Target sale. I also got a mobile thingy to go over his change table and it has helped heaps!! No more creaming matching cos he is happily distracted Yay!!

Thanks Helen we are happy so far

Think I am going through some late nesting when do you move bubs to their rooms we are thinking around 3 months

Big Hugs to everyone we hope to be around more after some making efforts this weekend

Linda I'm gonna order Kodi a teething necklace next week or the week after.
    You really make some beautiful pieces

Helen-Honestly the 1st Tri was shocking, i couldn't throw up with-out a little girl trying to in my face to see what was happening & i was so tired i couldn't just sleep when i wanted. Once we got past all that it was really nice watching her interact with my belly.
    So yes it was very worth it, it didn't feel like it at the time tho lol

Welcome Emmsan

Trinity thanks hun - the breakfree options should be ready by then It is so nice to hear your story

I have been thinking about our frostie today and when we would do embryo transfer I need to wait till it would be 18 mths between CS. I would like to say October this year. DH says that is it for us with IVF so praying it will work

One of my close friends is in labour not sure I will sleep tonight with excitment

welcome emmasn!!

my mum came down yesterday to help out which was just lovely. she suggested maybe Susie isnt sleeping well cause she's too cold so we moved her cot to a different spot in our room and added another woolen blanket and she had a 5 and a half hour block of sleep...wonder if its a coincidence or not! have to see oer the next few nights!! i only slept 4 and a half hours of that...my body isnt used to the option of sleeping longer lol still feel good for it..now we just have to get her to sleep between 10 and 1 not scream

It will happen soon sweet I am sure

Miss C is making the move to 00 alreadty

Does anyone know when the Bright Bots sale at Stafford is on I hear great bargins are to be had

Linda i hope your next IVF goes really well for you. October isn't that far off so that's kinda exciting
    Wow 00 already, Kodi is still 4x0. She must be the shorty of the group. Which is odd considering I'm around 6-foot lol.

Mrs C- I hope Susie continues her sleeping well for you.

AFU Both girls are doing well & I've decided i might fly up with Kodi to the big Brisbane meet-up in August. I'll know by late June if i can make it or not

Welcome Emmsan!

Linda -- I'm not sure when we will move Immy into her own room since we don't have a room to put her in! Our place is only one bedroom so she will be in with us until the lease is up (I think around August). Hope your friend is doing well! We are also in between 000 and 00. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I've been eying off your creations (bracelets mostly) and am trying to decide which to get. I think the stress relief sounds like a good idea!

Helen -- Glad the Mother's group went well. We will have to try a mobile over the change table because lately Immy has been a bit annoyed with us!! How long between sending off the Birth Cert forms and receiving it was it for you?

Razrock -- Great news that your little one is gaining now.

MrsC -- Good to hear about the sleep, hopefully it keeps up! We have been trialing Immy in her sleeping bag and she seems to like it... well, she isn't too annoyed by it at least!!

Trinity -- How exciting! The Brisbane meet-up sounds like it will be fun... I might have to work up the nerves to go. Would be lovely to meet everyone.

AFM... DP proposed on Thursday night!! It was really unexpected but I'm now so excited about it. Not much else is happening. My parents are in Sydney this weekend so it will be weird not having them visit. My Mum has dropped by every single day since Immy was born!!

to everyone else! Hope you are all well

I'm still alive ladies.
    Just not having much time to catch up atm.
    Between Dr's visits & family & friends coming up for holidays has made it harder, lol as if life wasn't busy enough.

My DD is back to her old tricks again too, I wish she would just wake up to herself, honestly what does she think 1/2 the time, nothing I imagine.LOL

The last 2 nights Noah has slept for 14hrs, I think I am in shock from it. He is doing really well, had his needles yesterday ouchie poor baby. & he also has eczema, all over his face.

Hope you are all doing well & I hope things settle down here enough for me to be regular with you all again.

trinity on thinking about the meetup it will be so fun
    jb - you have to come

well we went and go 00 today growing so fast

Last edited by Nelle; May 16th, 2009 at 07:00 PM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617