Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

shell - you poor thing, and your mum too. so sorry..
    so glad that doni is in town.. maybe you should go see a doctor or physio? good thing abt FF is that you can take pain killers now.

danni - hope jazz settles soon, im sure she will be ok. it's hard when your baby is away from you in a strange place isnt it...

trina - sorry dh is away again.. 3 weeks is a long time. does he travel all the time?
    can your mum come and help?

sj - poopy is changing his ways now, i think he's starting to be throw tanties when he's grumpy. he puts his heels on the floor and lifts his hips and cries now.. gawd im not ready for tantrums!

thanks for all your kind thots, it's hard w/o steve and im finding it hard here. at home we ahve everything established, feedign changing etc. here, i have to come upstairs for each bf, as my dad is retired and at home and i cant feed in front of him.. mum, im ok. and it hurts my knees carrying poopy up and down. and i have to come down to make his bottle. so its taking a long time. plus his bath is upstairs, so have do that too.
    i hate thinking this but i want to go back home, cos i have my own space and routine and all. it amkes me so guilty for thinking this esp. since this was my home and im w my parents.. i have 7.5weeks to go. it's a long time.
    i went to the gym today and the PT said i have to loose 11kgs. i have 8 to go to my pre-preg but need to lose 3 more.. she said it's best to lose 2kgs amth. i dunno if i can do it. im tired of constantly not being able to fit my old clothes and wobbly belly and looking big. ive never been this big before and it makes it hard when i think i have to go thru all this again when we have another baby.

sorry for not doing more freqwuent personals. pc is upstairs in my brother's room and is hard coming up and down. i need to leave poopy in my bedroom and keep checking on him or downstairs with my parents. in syd, i had the laptop in the lounge room coffee table and it was easy.

anyway, have to go check on poopy again, he's due for a bath soon.

xoxoxoxo

Thanks Skye and Prama. My back is so sore, just relieved Doni is at home, makes it easier so he can pick up DJ for me. And yeah Prama bonus about FF means I can have painkillers.....

Prama - that does make it hard having to go upstairs to feed Poopy I know what you mean about the preggy belly and having to go through it again for another baby etc.... It takes so long to get your body back. I ended up eating sandwiches (white bread) at lunch because there wasn't an array of food to choose from. I can't eat white bread, only gluten free bread with no yeast beause normal bread makes me bloat, I get hives and a yeast infection gggrrrrr so the weight I lost I put back on because of that damn bread hahaha It is a no-win situation. It will take us all a while to get our bodies back into a shape that we can be happy with. At least we all feel the same way so can help each other through it.

Anyway girls, got my wheat bag on my back and gonna check if I have any strong painkillers in the cupboard....

shell xxx

Shell - hope your mum is OK and you back is better... let us know wont you?

Prama - did you tell the PT that you are still BF? 2kg a month may impact on your supply... make sure that you drink loads when you are eercising too - i find that she feeds for longer if i have not had enough to drink - maybe it takes longer to come out dunno if i am dry - dunno ???
    Sorry that you are having a hard time... you will start to get into a routine soon there and you will feel better.
    Why cant you feed in front of your dad? is it a cultral thing or just not comfortable??? My Dad is funny when i feed, he looks the other way (like turns and pretends to be really interested in the wall or something out the window) or announces that he needs to go to the loo - its funny!

Skye - forgot to say the other day - your kids are soooo cute! i love the ticker pic

Teach - where are you - hope all is OK?

You know who we havent heard from in a while - mumzy... wonder what she is up too...

WOw shell what a day I do hope you are feeling better today and have don eno permanaet damage to yourself
    for you prama with stever going at least you can call and have the net etc it will fly by try and enjoy the rest of the time with yoru family

We had mothers group at my mums place yesterday as they have a hu lounge room and it was so funny to see 12 mums and babies laying on the floor on their rugs the babies loved it being able to reach out and touch each other instead of just sittin gon our laps. FUnny how the hours flew by and it was 5.45 before I got home and mum only lives aroudn the corner it was great so much so ( yes it was me who said I didnt want to be the one orgnaising things) we are having it around there again next week. WHile um and dad are away we are makign the best of the space as its just so cold here atm and we loved having them on th floor.

AM off to Doc today I am realy out of whack and suspect my plattlets are at rock bottom some nights I Can barley move I am so very exhasuted a different kind of tired iykwim
    have also had huge headaches daily and have been bleeding liek every 3rd or 4th day then it stops again. I cant sleep on my belly of a night becasue am exeriencing pain on my ovaries so time for a good check up plus i have to re do the glucose tests becasue of the diabeties in pregnancy.

Got to run WIll is up and have to be ready to go
    Have agood day guys
    Bron x

Hey all.
    Hope your day is going well. Bri is at day care again today. So it's just DH, Jesse & me for a little while. Its so good to have them both out of the house for a few hours. It's the only break I get. I realised last night that it's been about 6 months since I had a few hours with out the kids around. I did go out one night when Jesse was 5 wks old alone, but thats it. 6 months. Even longer - about 9 if you count the fact that it was only about 4 hours while we signed the lease on the house we are in now & did some other stuff. Thats a long time.
    I can't wait to go to mum's in the hols so I can get a break!

Anyway
    Shell - My dad leaves the room if I feed in front of him. The first time I did was at the hospital with Bri. He decided to go out for a smoke. I think its funny too. He feels so uncomfortable! I feed in front of everyone though. I do my best not to flash, but my brother doesn't care & none of DH's mates even flinch when I start lifting up my shirt.

SJ - Thanx. I love that pic too.

India - I bet you feel better now it's been done once & you all enjoyed it so much. I'd love to have a mothers group like that, but I don't think there's enough people in our town. We just have playgroups. Hope all goes well at the docs & you feel better soon.

Got another appointment with the psycologist for Jaz today. Then a dentist appointment. I'm scared when they go to the dentist! I'm scared they'll tell me I'm doing a bad job! They said Bri was doing real good at cleaning her teeth though. Even though she does them herself. I try to remember to do them every 2 or 3 days, but she does them herself 3 or 4 times a day.

Well. Gotta go. Pick Jaz up from school in 15 minutes. I'll post again later.
    Have a good day all.

Hello everyone :-)
    long time no chat. i had a quick look at your posts, good to hear all the babies are doing well and the mums.
    Well Jackson is months now and has started teething already :-( but better to get it out the way i guess. He is a really good baby and has been sleeping all night for about a month now. He sits up on his own for a few seconds now and is getting stronger by the day :-) he weighs just over 7kg now he is such a chubba lol. We go to our local baby group so he has lots of little friends now. I am having fun being a mum, i start work in 2 months and will miss my little boy soooo much.
    I have already been talking to DH about bubs No2. Prob next year some time, we want them to be close together.
    Well please feel free to fill me in on anything i have missed :-) nice to be back

shell - how are you feeling today?
    yes, sharing each other's weight concerns really help..
    your pole dancign classes will help you lose weight quick too, except now till your back gets better.

sj - thank you. damn was going to write more, i hear poopy, he's awake. bbl
    sorry.

ok! mum's looking after poopy so i'll finish my post!

sj - im just uncomfy abt feeding in front of my dad.. maybe as time goes by i'll get more comfortable. i hope he does too!
    the PT didnt know too much abt bf and exercise! im not going to do upper body stuff, just mild as lactic acid can effect breastmilk.
    im drinking more water too, esp since it's hot here. i didnt realise 2kg loss a mth can affect my supply.. i'll take easy, it's so easy to overeat here, as restaurants are open 24hrs and food is so cheap.(fried rice, chicken rice, noodles etc at takeway/eat ins are about AUD1 to 1.50. and it's all so yummy)
    poopy's down to 5 feeds a day now. he's still havign his top ups and 1 ff feed a day. im using NAN1 still but the ones here are from NZ. the thing is poopy's poo is more bf coloured, my boobs dont feel any different from before. some days he doesnt finish all his top ups.
    i got him weight last week. the week before i weighed him in syd. he was teh same weight but i take it, cos he's wearing just a singlet and nappy now, instead of bodysuit and singlet and that the scales are different. also he might have lost a little weight cos of the weather (im assuming)

how is DSS doing?

bron - thanks hun.. im missign steve like crazy. he said he hardly slept last night w/o us..
    big higs for you hun.. sorry that you're not feeling well.
    i know what you mean about being tired, my lupus makes me feel so drained sometimes. can your mum help look after will for a bit so you can get some sleep?

yes where is mumzy.. i still remember her yummy cheese cake recipe!
    and where is jade? hope you're doing ok.

skye - good look with jaz's appt! Bri is so clever at looking after her teeth! hehe, we have that to look

SallyMarie - so great to hear from you!!! Glad that everything is going well for you and you are loving being a mummy!
    Its been ages since we heard from you... sometimes people just never come back, its great that you have popped in to say hello - will you be around much?
    We still all chatter way too much! and so much has happened.
    MJ is going really well, i am back at DH work one day a week and my Mum comes and looks after her for me... i hated it to start with but it is getting easier now, and its so muc better that Mum is with her than me bringing her to the factory.
    How often will you be at work?
    Teething already!!! i suspect that MJ wont be far away, the teeth must be moving around in there as she constantly has things in her month and is drooling ike no tomorrow, but nothing is visable and she is not in any pain.
    MJ will sit un supported for a bit and can get her chest all the way off the floor with straight arms, but has ony rolled once. She will stand as often as she can though and her back and neck are both very strong.

CMH visit next week, i am looking forward to her 4 month (oh my gosh the time flies) check!

Bron - i hope that you are OK - good that you are getting checked out sooner rather than later, hopefuly it is just hormones and maybe AF coming back... let us know wont you..

Prama - not sure if 2kg a month will affect your supply, but unlike when we were pg, the body takes what it needs then the left overs go to the BM - therefore if you are not eating/drinking enough, your supply will be affected, especially if you are burning calories more than usual.
    Oh i LOVE LOVE LOVE chicken rice!

gotta fly

THanks girls went to DOcs patlettes dropped another 30,000 neutrophils ( white cells down)too. Am having iron and hormones tested and have to go back for another gtt next week for 2 hours as a follow up for the GD. Blood pressure was good and for once in my life somebody was concernedabout weight loss. I have lost 22 kilos since having Will ( Dont get excited I was enormous to start with but had only put on 5 whilst pregnant) and 8 kilos in 6 weeks was quite a lot and I was concenrned too. SJ I had been on the mini pill and had AF on and off for the past 9 weeks but breakthrough bleeding lots.Have also been having some ovary pain too ( some nights cant lay on my belly at all)so becasue I am not feeding Will anymore I am going back on the pill to try and regulate things. I have to up my multivitamins as well and try and eat a bit better.Doc reminded me that the hormones in my body had been different for 9 months so it may take as long to get them back to normal.
    prama my mum is away for 7 weeks :-( and i MIss her terribley so cant have her sit for me. Hubby has been great but he has been working so much he is knackered too.

ON the dribble front WIll has to wear a bib full time now as he wets his shirts constantly so can only imagine what he will be like when he starts to teeth.

Oops my boys awake bbl

Just a quick one..... wanted to ask if anyone's bub is getting like nervous twitches and is it normal? My hubby has a nervous twitch and always has, and now DJ is getting a nervous twitch, only lasts for a second..... Is that normal?

I will do more personals later. Doni just arrived home and he has his cousin coming over shortly so we have to eat beforehand.

Shell xxx

shell - poopy's leg twitches, paed said it's normal.. he looks like a doggy having his ears scratched!

sj - thanks re, what body takes and rest bf, i will remember that.

bron - hope you get better..
    xoxox

Good to hear from you sallymarie was wondering where you were....

I tried to read up but am too tired sorry gals..

Work was pretty busy tonight but Summy still wont take the bottle so was pretty grumpy, I think she may be teething or they are moving cos she isn't a happy girl plus lots of dribble we need a bib full time too.

I have to fully strap her into her rocker now cos she lifts her hips up and wriggles off and the other day she sat up and fell forward out of the whole thing and banged her head on the vacuum cleaner poor bubba. She rolls and rolls front to back back to front all over the floor and bangs into things and gets tangled its pretty funny.

I am off to bed i'll catch up tomorrow.

Hope you are ok Bron

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz did better at daycare. She had the 2 bottles of EBM that I froze on Tuesday. They were 80ml each (one from each boob) and she drank them in 10mins flat! I read in her journal which I remembered to take home that she had a 45min nap and then a couple of hours later had about an hour and a half sleep. She fell asleep on the child fold out couch in the room with all the other kids while everyone had their nap so the carer just left her there instead of putting her in the cot. Fine with me, she's not quite rolling fully and those couches are on the floor so she couldn't fall far. Plus the kids are always in eyesight. From what I read in the journal, her times of unsettledness and everything was much the same as when she's at home. One thing that interested me was during the day her and the carer did arm, leg and head exercises. I think that's great but I'd really like to know exactly what the carer did so I can do it too. I'll have to remember to ask on Tuesday.

I've been feeling really down lately and yesterday I was so upset at DH and then Jazz was crying anytime she wasn't being held and I got even more frustraited and upset and at one point I just had to lock myself in the toilet for a few mins to cool down because I was afraid I was going to hurt her. Then I remembered that I'd forgotten to take my multi vitamins for the past few days and was feeling really run down. I took my vitamins today and I feel normal again. Happier, less tired. I didn't argue with Matt for a change this week (I think for the first time this week). Then again, I was out for much of the day so I wasn't hanging around him which was nice. And for the first time this week I was actually motivated to make dinner.

I was so tired yesterday and went to bed at 9pm. Jazz went to bed at 8 and woke at 4 and then at 6 but I put her dummy in then. Then she woke at 6:45 - an hour before I wanted! So that's when I got up. Worked out ok though coz I gave her a boob feed and then just before we went to daycare she had 50ml of a bottle and fell asleep.

Trina - that happened to DJ yesterday. I was on the phone and could hear him winging in his bouncer and I walked into the room and he had wriggled that far down that he was on the floor. I couldn't stop laughing and yep I have to strap him in now.

Prama - thanks sweetie, good to know. I was beginning to wonder if it was normal.

Danni - that happens to all of us, you need your own time without bub. Make a point to take some time out for yourself even if it is just as simple as a bubble bath.

Well girls, I better get myself organised, mum wants to go to Rouse Hill today so need to get nappy bag organised and stuff done around house before I go.

Chat later
    Shell xxx

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Today I'm going to try FF only during the day. I've decided that it might be best as someone suggested to just do night feeds now.

Trina - are you trying to give her the bottle or your Mum? I know you probably know all of this anyway as this is #4 for you, but MJ will not take the bottle if i am giving it to her or if she knows i am around... Yesterday when i was at work, she took about 60 mls from Mum and then cracked it so i came home to feed her. I have also been giving her a bottle to play with on her mat, so that she is not only seeing it when she is getting a feed. Unfortunatly our girlies just like the real thing better!!!

Shell - babies nervous systems are not full developed yet, babies will twitch and appear like they have a limb that is shaking at times - this is all normal, just the synapses not firing properly yet - but always bring up your concerns with your health nurse or dr when you see them next... i wouldnt worry thou

Bron - 22kg wow - were you aware that you were loosing weight that quickly (and BTW i have seen pics you not that huge!!!)... i would think that your iron is probably low if you have been bleeding a bit, and for 9 weeks you poor thing good idea on the increased multi's and switching back to the normal pill... Will likes his Mummy to be healthy Sorry to hear that your neuts have dropped again... are they thinking of doing anything or still at the wait and see level?

Danni, hope you are having a better day

Off to catch up with a friend (the ones who's 30th i didnt go to last weekend cos MJ wont take the bottle) today on Lygon Street (yummy) and as work is just down the road, think that i will call in and say hi, will be good to see everyone again and also to show off MJ

Have a great day everyone, and Prama - i am so jealous its freezing here!!!

SJ Mum was looking after Summy when i was at work and tried to give her the bottle she isn't into it at all, i'm not too worried as i only work 4-5 hours at a time its her witching hour too at that time so poor mum was a bit stressed.

My house looks like a war zone Tahnie spilt a massive glass of milo and even though it was cleaned up there is a film of crap all over the floor so Mum is coming over to help me clean today cos i just cant seem to get on top of things i am giving her some money for helping cos she needs it... I might be sitting in a nice organized home again Yay!! It is hard to be organized when house is trashed.....

Prama i can't feel my toes!!!!! it is freezing here it was 4deg here at 6am this morning. Hope you are having fun. I have been seeing PT and we are doing pretty strenuous stuff lots of weights lots of running & time trial stuff etc etc i must ask her about lactic acid in breast milk never heard of that, the only thing i have noticed is i need to drink lots of water so my milk doesnt go too thick. Not weighing myself as trying not to focus on that but i feel fabbo it really helps me i don't feel down very often now.

Have fun shopping today shell.

Well i best start on the disaster zone i need to get it all done it is driving me crazy!! Wish me luck

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast