Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

well, yes, i do that. i mean i make up a conversation based on what he's pointing at. but i dont exactly understand what he wants to tell me.
    yes, they pick up words very quickly when you have conversations with them.

his favourite word is 'more' esp since it refers to food! haha

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz doesn't say "more" but when she's eating (which is her favourite thing to do) she will go "mmmmmm" while she's eating. She's started feeding herself now. One day she snatched the spoon out of my hand and started doing it herself. She does quite well. Doesn't make much mess, but I always hold the bowl on the highchair tray though so that she can't tip it. Sometimes we have to guide her a bit to get food on the spoon but she's quickly getting the hang of it.

It actually makes me a little sad, she's getting so independent. Doesn't need me to do some things for her anymore.

We have applied for a new house to rent. It's the same rent amount as what we are currently paying, but it has 4 bedrooms, a huge garage, undercover outdoor entertainment area and is less than 1 minute walk to the beach. We should find out Wednesday or Thursday if we have got it.

Exciting Danni

Jesse's feeding himself pretty good now too. Well he always fed himself, but yesterday had a cup of peaches & pear, & we only had one or 2 on the floor instead of half of them, lol.

He's sick again Sounded like he had croup again this morning. Sounded so painful. Going to slather him in vicks today & see if that helps. It did last time, but he had the steroid medication too.

Aaand he's got something up with his right eye. I thought it was wierd that he was waking up with sleep in it for 3 or 4 days in a row, but lately its been really watery & very slightly swollen. Red at times when he rubs it. Not conjunctivitis coz its not itchy. Just an infection I think. Will be ringing the gp today...

Anthony is heading back out west on Saturday for work He's only been doing about 3 days a week lately. Sometimes less. They put him off 2 weeks ago, but then decided they needed him the 2 weeks til shut down. At least he should get a full week this week with all the cleaning etc they have to do. They shut down for 2 weeks, then when work picks up again they'll ring him. Not sure if he'll go back just yet though. $14 an hour is just not enough when he could be making at least $200 or more a day shearing. $200 is what a learner would make doing around 100 sheep a day. He'll probably be down there or lower til he gets his fitness back up again, but should pick up again pretty quick.
    My bro did just over 300 a few days ago! Thats about a $700 - $800 day! ($2.50 something per sheep) Anth won't get there for a loooong time, but just to hit that once would be great!

So life is about to get harder & easier at the same time. Hopefully thats all thats going on...There's something else I'm a bit freaked out about, but I'll let you know when I know for sure.

Oh, Jesse's loving ABC at the moment! Makes me laugh! The adds, the shows, his fave atm is play school, lol. He loves it!

He's saying a bit now
    Hi
    boob
    bye (a fave, lol)
    mum (not really new)
    car
    bike
    dad (also not new, lol)
    more

If he thinks something is yum he'll point at it, close his mouth, pretend to chew & go 'num!' He was doing it to a friends pet yabbie the other night
    There are more words, but I can't think of them, lol.
    Last edited by ~clover~; August 11th, 2009 at 08:11 AM.

Jazz pointed to something the other day and said "Mum wha dat?"
    This morning she went all quiet while I was in the bathroom putting on my make up. I thought it best to investigate as we all know that quiet is not normally a good thing.

I was running around the house calling out to her, checking everywhere. Then I turned and saw a couple of little feet poking out from behind the curtain. So I said "Found you" and she slowly peeked out from behind the curtain with a huge smile on her face trying so hard not to laugh. She ran over to me and gave me a big hug and I said "were you playing hide and seek" and in usual form, nodding her head she said "no" LOL

skye - how's jesse? has anthony left already?
    hows the new car and hse?

Lol, Prama...not great!
    Jesse's good Been giving him ventolin for his croup & he's better again. His eye is better too. I'm thinking it may have been allergies or something.

Anth is sposed to be going this weekend. Sat or Sun.

Stupid car! A bloody pulley fell out of it yesterday...so it has no belt in the engine! So there's no fan, no steering...nothing! Stupid thing! I'm glad I was pulling up in the driveway when it happened.
    It only needs a bolt to fix it, hopefully thats all!! Definetely getting rid of it now! Had enough!!

gee skye - is this the new car you got?

glad jesse's better. poor bubba.
    how are your two princesses?

poopy had his 18th mth needles on tuesday...
    this morning, just as we were leaving for day care, he tripped and hit his head on the wooden panelling of the front door. poor darling. he cried for a bit then was his happy self again. but he's got a huge bruise and eggie on his forehead. my poor darling..

Poor baby! Hope he's alright!

Its my car that buggered up...the one we just fixed!

Girls are good Enrolling Bri in big school tomorrow!!!!! Jaz just got a great report card yesterday pretty happy with that!

Ouch, poor Lakshman. They're getting so many bumps and bruises at this age now.

We didn't get the house, oh well. Keep looking. Our lease doesn't finish until October, they were going to offer a new lease but we've told them that we are planning to move out and if we find the right place before the lease is up that we'll be breaking it early.

Jazz let me put her hair in pig tails for the first time today, and she still had them in when I picked her up from daycare, but they were just about falling out coz I didn't have any mini hair elastics so I had to use my big ones.

they are growing up so quick!
    how's bri's speech going?

danni - she must ahve looked SO cute in pigtails!

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post

danni - she must ahve looked SO cute in pigtails!
    She did, and so grown up...now I have to get some little ribbons for her hair. I tried to take a photo but she wouldn't stay still and I was using the stupid camera on my phone instead of a real camera.
    I got some little coloured hair elastics tonight so I can do more stuff with her hair.
    On Saturday I think I'll take her to get her fringe trimmed...again, this will be the 5th or 6th hair cut I think.

i just lurrve little girls in pigtails.. they are so beautiful!

So sad...I miss the baby pig tails! Jesse will bring me hair bands to put in his hair, lol. & I'll put one in the top But I can't leave it there The girls have too much hair, lol! Its not as cute!!

Bri's trying a bit harder with her speech in general, but when we are actually trying to teach her, she's very stubborn & refuses... I have talked to the infant (kinder) teacher & she & the preschool teachers all agree that she is more than ready. And I'm hoping that school will help her even more.

So sad She's growing too fast But a friend & I are going to start walking every morning as soon as she starts. That'll be a bonus. She has a DD Jaz's age & a DS Jesse's age. Girls have known each other since Jaz was 7 months. Poor Bri's left out though.

It'll be so good to have that little bit if freedom....bitter sweet

Hi guys...

Hope everyone is well.
    Skye - sorry that Anth is going to have to go away... $2.50/sheep doesnt sound like much at all... its hard work! Hope jessie is OK
    Prama - the bumps come thick and fast at this age dont they!

Mj has her hair in bunches (pig tails) all the time. I have not taken her for a hair cut and i dont think i will fo some time yet, i just dont want her to have it cut yet and i dont wear a finge as i dont like then, so she isnt having one yet...
    Anyway so she has her hair up most days as otherwise it gets in her eyes.

MJ speaks loads and loads and loads; these are the words that she uses every day
    Mumma
    daddad
    Ma (Max)
    Tichy (stitch -our dog)
    dogdog
    cat
    bike
    car
    truck
    bus
    more
    drink
    jooce (juice)
    bath
    Bubbles
    foot
    sock
    belly
    Eyes
    hair
    Mouth
    teeth
    boot
    shoe
    swing
    up
    here
    no
    cup
    spoon
    bib
    bowl
    ball
    nina (my sister)
    Nanna
    toc toc (my Dad is called Tic toc)
    hello
    bye bye
    nightnight
    doll doll
    ratty (her toy)
    bed
    hot
    cold
    weewee
    poopoo

There are more that she uses, but these are the ones that she will use on a daily basis.
    She is use the toilet most days now and is really trying to communicate her needs. she has not had a pooy nappy this week!!! woo hoo

Skye - what are you cooking up - your not pg again are you???? what are you freaked out with???

Lol, SJ. I thought I might've been. Bfn, so thankfully not!
    That is what I was worried about though!

MJ says heaps! Jesse is starting to copy everything now. Just over the last few days he's saying more...buttons, oopsy daisy (oop dais), light, fan, bike (fave thing atm!)

thats a lot of words sj!!
    poopy only has a few, im sure he'll be talking non-stop soon,
    his fav now is mum-more. combining mum-mum (food) and more. he goes on and on and on till he gets something to eat!
    last night htere was sthing on tv on how legos were manufactured and he went on and on - mum-more!
    we told, it's a toy NOT mum-mum~

We are trying to teach Jazz what yes and no means coz she's still saying no when she actually means yes. We're trying to teach her about nodding and shaking her head too.

She's still got a shoe fettish (good girl, learning young) and seems to have a jewellery fetish too. Whenever we walk past a jewellery shop she runs in...she's just like mummy! LOL.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast