Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

skye - wow 2 cars!! that will help heaps
    poopy's heaps better with his ABs. he's revealing his even more cheekier side! yest he didnt want to go to bed till 9.30, prob cos he had an extra sleep in the day. but he woke up at 7.30 which was great for a sunday
    i hope the sickness troll leaves your house!

bron
    thanks so much hun for your input.. i will wait till it's warmer. it's too cold to have him bare his tushie! and i think he did ask me to follow him and pointed to the change table cos he had a bit of the runs, from the ABs. he did his usual poo today and didnt say anything. it may be him slowly starting to tell us. we've found a way to get him to the change table without him crying and trying to climb down. in day care they say, lets go change your nappy and he happily goes. so we've started saying that here too. and he runs to his room and it becomes a game. he even tries to climb up his change table.
    yeah i dont see much point in pull ups, they are they same as nappies...will go get him some undies.. ooh i feel like he's growing up so quick!!
    i thot we might try a trial run, potty training when we go to m'sia in aug. for 2 weeks. what do you think. my mum will be a great help doing this.

why are they going to stop heating food? wont it be dangerous?? i thot it was policy to give them warm food??

i think they might be taking advantage of the fact that you are staff too and making you change him.. it's their job.
    it sounds pretty p!ss poor putting negative labels on will. he sounds like a perfectly normal toddler. i hope they dont say those words to him.
    can you make a complaint to NCAC?

No worries, we'll surely catch up when it;s all good!!

oh yeah. poopy is saying more and more words.. and yest wanted my hot choc and he was drinking his milk. i told him, no, hot choc is mine and you have your milk.. and he then gave me his cup as if to say i'll swap you! he also does this shuffle dance and turns around in circles.. so funny..

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Prama, I love shuffle dances. Jazz does that all the time, and she spins in circles now too. Jazz is also trying to jump all the time, but can't get both feet off the ground at the same time. I'm trying to teach her. She'll squat right down and then extend her legs and one foot will come off the ground but not the other.

She's starting to say "step" when she has to go from one surface to a different surface and knows she needs to take a big step. She laughs at everything. We were watching the news tonight and the sports report was on and it was showing some footballer on the ground in agony because he'd done his knee. She pointed to him and laughed! What a cheeky girl! I told her that it wasn't funny which made her laugh even more.

She's starting to blow kisses too. She'll put her hand to her face and then pull it away saying "mae" or "mwah" and I think she's saying "mine" when we are giving her a toy.

The other day she was saying goodbye to everyone at FDC and she waved and said "Bye Jss" (Jss is Jazz).

Sorry, a whole essay on what she's saying now.

Matt's business is going well. He's picked up a regular consignment ontop of his normal work which is an extra $200 per week (though that's mostly for the business and he takes a small wage out of his total earnings, so we personally aren't making very much).
    He's sick at the moment which is annoying. Men are such sooks when they are sick. He still has to work though, that's the thing about owning your own business, it's almost impossible to take sick days.

Jesse's just started saying a few words here & there to. The one he's best at is mum.
    Mum, mum, mum, mum... demanding til he gets what he wants, lol. Or he'll go eh, eh, eh, eh til he gets something...annoying, but cute at the same time, lol.

He'll copy me sometimes & say things. The first one was Wal-Wal! Lol, mum & dad's dog. He will now go between Jaz & Bri knowing which is which by name. He doesn't know Brianna though, just Bri.
    He's trying to jump & fake laughs at everything too. & blowing kisses. He has a few adds on TV that are his fave. He'll stop what he is doing & stare til they are over. Loves ITNG. He's dancing to Playschool now, lol.

His sleeping patterns are up in the air again. For a few nights he was waking up & crying coz I took him into our bed instead of getting him up. Taking about an hour to go back to sleep properly & doing it 3 or 4 times a night. Glad its the hols now & I don't have to be up at 7.30 every morning! Yesterday afternoon he decided it was time to catch up on all the missed sleep & slept for about 5 hours Turd! Then was up til nearly 11!
    Hopefully things will change today... We'll see.

He knows how to turn the girls keyboard on now & make lots of noise, lol. He's not saying much himself, but is babbling heaps. Making k & g sounds & stuff. I'm hoping he doesn't have the same speech issues as Bri.

She's gotten harder since being in hossy. We were going to use the toungue depresser things that docs use to look down your throat to help with her 'k' sounds, but after what happened in hossy she's terrified of them, so we'll have to think of something else.

Fun, fun, fun

skye - poopy's not saying lots either.. more sounds too,. when he wants soemthing or wants our attention, he just points to things and goes na na na.
    he is looking at our mouths and trying to mimic words but just a few.. tho he does understand what we are saying to him.

he doesnt seem interested in cartoons etfc.. only if tehre are animals. oh and the other day i was watching a bollywood show and he looked up at the song and did a shuffle and turned around and danced. ive tried wiggles etc but he's not interested, but there's plenty of time for that..

those tongue dispensers are yucky.. maybe there's something sweet like a candy that you could use, so she doesnt hate them?

Prama it might be worth a try but could get a little confusing if he does it over there then comes back and its too cold. THe biggest thing I tell parents at work is that language is usually the biggest cue to getting training started. Maybe a few more months as lakshmans vocab exppands he will be ready. Having said this hun I am not with him so not sure how he communicates with you.All I can say is you have ot be consistant and maybe being in a nother place with different people etc might not be the best time to start. I think kids are all ready in their own time and as they are leanring so much at this point it doesnt need ot be a top priority. Ask his carers too as they will know his cues etc and at this point I htink they may suggest you wait till you are home and back into a routine and a little warmer. I alwyas joke that I spend the first 6 months of my year telling hcildren to pull their pants off and sit ont he potty and the next 6 months saying leave it alone and pull your pants up *L*
    How exciting to be going home for a visit. They are going ot be blown away by how much he has grown.
    The food thing at care is to do with regulations and not being abel to properly heat the food and check the temp etc to a comerical kitchen quality blah blah blah..so will need to send meals that dont need heating. They dont have a cook like we do at work an do0nly a basic microwave. its all to do with accrediataiton and DOCS regs etc plus council health regs.Beurocracy gone mad.
    The nappy change thing wasnt so much about me changing him he arrived with a poo so of course I should change him it was more that there wa snothign to do wit with..not good housekeeping on their part. Its been eye opening really and made me look at my own professional practices now that I am a parent dealing with another centres procedures.

Hey Danni I have been asked to photograph a wedding on November a small garden affair but if you have any tios on must get shots or dos and donts would appreciate yoru input.

We are having a bit of a verbal explosion here too and he makes me want to cry some days with the things he comes out with. When we leave mums place now he blows mum a kiss and says " bye bye mama ta you" as I always say to him say goodbye to grandma and thankyou for having me *L* mum loves it MUm has some dogs at the back window of their new place and when he arrives first thing he says is..Ta mama up wooooof hooowl so . He is really good and ta mummy daddy, cars beep beep vroom vroom. Dinner ta mummy..up chair and also "tow..barf up" meaning towel for the bath and arms up for his shirt off to get in. He has sarted to point and name the animals in his books which is realy cute to. I love this age as they seem to grow up over night and yout hink they arent saying anything one day and then bang the enxt they repeat it all back to you.
    Prama Will isnt into tv much either..until that is NIck played him tarzan the movie last night..it was full of elephants wasnt it his fav *L* he was fascinated. Am kind of glad really would rather he be playing thatn stuck to the tv although it will come in handy for some down time later on. SKye funny how they pick certain adds isnt it WIll swings his aarms around form side to side and taps his foot he loves the new goulburn valley fruit add *L*

thanks for that bron.. i was thinking abt consistency too. i'm looking out for his cues. appreciate it very much.
    it's a pity they dont have a cook. do you have to prepare will's lunch..

will is so cute!! cant wait for poopy to become a chatter box, hahahaah
    the other day steve was in darwin and i asked him while changing his nappy, where's appa? he looked around like he just realised steve wasnt around. i told him, appa's on the plane, he's coming back from darwin. and he pointed up to his toy plane that hangs off the ceiling. it's so good to see they start to associate things.

yup, im also glad he's not into tv. he's got his whole life ahead of him. he must have gotten sick of it while he was in my tummy (gosh that seems so long ago) cos i have the tv on on my desk all the time for work)

ddoes will chase after the dogs? poopy loves running after steve's mum's cat and the poor cat just runs away from him. the otehr day he was trying to press the button on her vcr and he couldnt touch the top buttons, and he grabbed her vhs tapes, threw it down and stood on them to press the top buttons.. so cheeky. we've told him tho, nanna's vhs is off-limits..

YOu know what I envy prama is that lakshman is so lucky that he will be fluent in two languages and thats an amzing skill to have for anybody . He sounds like he is already pretty darn cluey and I can remember so long ago when you told us he was saying appa..you can just see us all cant you going on a trip in school holidays and wishing that the kids would just shut up *L*

We went out of town for mothers group today to a friends property they had a snake inside in an aborium it was amazing and Will was totally stunned by it. The snake kept coming up to the glass as if to say hello it was pretty cool

OMG! Got the price back on the repairs for my car.............$820!!!
    About $700 less than we thought! & thats with the pink slip! So as soon as I get my FTB money back we'll definetely be able to get both cars rego'd as well as paying for mine!!
    So relieved!

lol bron.. i was just thinking that when i wrote that i cant wait for him to start talking. i canjust imagine him going 'why, amma' 'why, amma' 'why, amma' 'why, amma' and on the road trip, are we tehre yet, are we there yet.
    i cant wait for lakshman and will to meet up, they will be so cheeky together!! i love the pix of will, he's so smart..
    I hope he does speak both languages.. it's hard to maintain when not many around him speak the language..
    bron did i tell you last week a kid bit poopy on the right cheek and gave him a bruised eye, and other the cheek he had 3 nail marks. they were fighting over a toy. day care rang me as soon as it happened and told me he was ok. i was so scared and sad and guilty. they also applied ice-pack and then gave us the incident report.. my poor baby.

skye - yaay.. bet you cant wait for the car!

sj/trina - hope you are ok

Quote Originally Posted by india44 View Post
    Hey Danni I have been asked to photograph a wedding on November a small garden affair but if you have any tios on must get shots or dos and donts would appreciate yoru input.
    That's great. I will send you some stuff that I found on the web which I found so useful. First tip though is look at as many wedding photos as possible for inspiration and ideas, and get the couple to do the same and show you things they like.
    Also, no matter how much you plan, the day is just so busy, you have to be in every place at once and be on the look out for photo ops constantly, you wont get everything though. But have fun with it.

We've been quiet lately.

We have been spoiling Jazz again. Last night we bought her 2 of the 3 giant tomboliboos! She's so in love with them and was carrying one all around the shops. Oh, and she's learnt a new word...BiBoo - which means Tomboliboo.

She's learnt another new word too...sex!

Hmm, have to call it something else now.

Jazz was so clingy yesterday and wanted lots of attention from me but I selfishly just wanted to use the computer and be left alone. I got so frustraited with her and kept telling her off for annoying me. I felt so bad about it as I laid in bed last night so this morning I made sure I had a cuddle with her before getting ready for work, and I apologised to her. While I was apologising she was nodding her head while giving me full eye contact. Then I said "do you forgive mummy" and she nodded her head and said "yeah" and gave me a big hug and went out to watch TV while I finished getting ready for work. I have no idea if she actually understood me, but it was cute and made me feel better anyway.

Hi all

Cute Danni

We got my car back Friday!! Its so good. I can tell now that it was actually stuffed when we bought it 14 months ago! It was always a bit hard to change gears, we just thought the clutch needed adjusting, but now its so easy & smooth, we can tell what was wrong!

We have a car we got from a friend that we were going to re rego for Anthony, but he found a little mighty boy ute & bought that instead. Its a tiny little thing, the smallest ute made I think. I'll put pics on FB so you guys can see what I mean, lol. It'll be about a quater of the price of the other car to run to work & back. Probably about $20 a week! The other one was a Ford sedan, so it was costing about $80.

Kids have been sick over the weekend with headaches & fevers, mainly Bri, but I think they are coming good now.

skye - glad you got ur car! what a difference it'll make.

danni - im sure jazz understands

poopy has been sick again, ABs arent working, he was almost back to normal at the end of the course but got sick again, same old runny nose and had fever at 39 over the weekend. we took hm to hossy. going to his gp and ive made an appt to see his paed.
    also, ive been feeling really down.. poopy seems to be more attached to steve, i dont mind but just a bit of a shock to my system, and imjust gettign the same feeling 'im not good enough' im probaby not spending as much time as steve does w him now, cos on the weekends im cooking his food, adn sorting all his stuff out, etc. maybe that's why he's becoming more of a daddy's boy.. i dunno//

I think Jazz has another tooth coming through. She's quite out of sorts and contantly has her fingers in her mouth. She doesn't used dummies anymore, she stopped wanting them when she got her first tooth at about 6 months old. Now when she sees them she picks them up, will put it in her mouth and then pull it out and say "baby" while throwing the dummy across the room. They've become toys to her now.
    So unfortunately when her teeth hurth the only thing she wants in her mouth are her fingers. She doesn't normally suck on her fingers or thumbs, just chews them when teething. I know that's not good, but it's only ever for a few days until the tooth pops through the gum.

Wow, long time no posting in this thread. I found it on page 3 of the baby buddies and the last post (by Me) was 20 July!!!

Well, how are all the kiddlets? I hope the sickies are getting better.

Jazz has 4 molars coming through at once at the moment which will take the teeth count to 10 so fun times at our place!

No is a word we hear all the time, even if she means yes. She answers no to every question and to everything she's told to do. It's getting really annoying.

Tantrums aren't screaming matches anymore (usually), but she babbles while throwing a tanty. She'll cry and yell and go "ba ba de be bo te mumm mum" until she's finished throwing her tantrum.

Yesterday I told her off and said "you have to do what mum says" and she just stopped, looked at me and said strongly "No!" Hmmmmm!

Matt and I are starting to talk about when we are going to start TTC#2. I said that I think when we are both ready, he's kind of starting to get a little clucky and so am I, but neither of us is clucky enough to want another one just yet. I told him that a lot of me being ready hinges on my job. If I get made permenant then that might change when I want another bub to a lot sooner because at my work we get 18 weeks paid maternity leave and then when you return to work you can return at 60% of your normal hours and get a 40% wage top up for 16 weeks...work part time for a full time wage to ease back into work...sounds great! So if I get a permenant job in the uni then we might start TTC next year. But nothing is definate yet.

danni - your perm job would be so ideal!!
    sorry abt the tanties..

poopy's starting to get upset only when he's really tired and then rolls on the floor. but it's only when he's out of sorts. normally a distraction or cuddle will solve it. depends on why it started.

he's talking heaps now but i dont understand what he's saying. just pointing at things and going 'na na na' like he's telling me a story or explaining somethign around him.. he goes on and on.. i feel bad cos i cant have a conversation with him, as i dont know what he's saying

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post

he's talking heaps now but i dont understand what he's saying. just pointing at things and going 'na na na' like he's telling me a story or explaining somethign around him.. he goes on and on.. i feel bad cos i cant have a conversation with him, as i dont know what he's saying

I have conversations with Jazz even when I don't understand what she's saying. I'll try to work out what she's pointing to and talk about that. Also, when she does say a word but doesn't say it properly, I always say it back to her properly so that she learns eventually to speak properly. One of my nieces didn't have this done at all and when she started school she was teased because she didn't announce words properly, like at 4 years old she was still saying "shish" instead of "fish" It was laziness. I don't want Jazz to learn the wrong way of saying things or to think that the way she's saying things is right when its not. I don't know if that makes sense.

Jazz's favourite word and the one that she says most clearly is "Buddy" (one of our cats). The other cat is Sultan but she can't say that so says "Dolson"

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast