Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #8

Well my dentist appointment was ok - 2 appointments down, 2 more to go!!!

Zander slept pretty well last night, well after 2am that is He's been running round like a lunatic today, you'd never guess he didn't get much sleep!

I have a dentist appt tomorrow. ***** scared though. I am petrified of the dentist. I'd rather labour and give with without drugs then visit and have work done at the dentist. I need root canal done. Don't think I can do it though. I really need to be knocked out for it.

Good that you got a half decent night sleep Sarah. Tehya was up pretty early last night as usual, then another 3 times over night and up at 6.30am. No wonder my eyes are hanging out.

Just did the Census online, took me about 40 minutes. So much longer when you have a big family...

Debbie Lee Guest

Icky poo at the dentist visits, Sarah and Trish. I baaaadly need to go but we don't have a lazy 2 grand lying around to pay for all the work I need so I just suffer through.... things we do, hey?

Sarah - bugga @ Zander having another crappy sleep last night.

Trish - I can just imagine how long the census would take you! I still have to finish mine. Thanks for reminding me. Hmm... should i list my religion as "Jedi" like some people did last time.... naaah!! hehehehe

Simone - awww @ Declan looking like an angel!! And LOL @ the bias... I'm afraid all parents are guilty of that!! Must have something to do with the fact that they look so much like us, hehehe.

Worked again today in a Prep grade. They are sooo cute but OMG... sooooo much hard work! They're still babies, really..... at least I don't feel like I am missing much while I am away from Gabby, LOL. She adores her Nanny tho... so I'm not too stressed about it. She has a big lump on her forehead because she's figured out how to open the gates on the deck. Mum things the dog must have pushed her and she fell down a couple of stairs. Ouchies. She's ok tho. Actually, she was pretty feral tonight. The little monkey has figured out how to climb and can now get up on the couch and her table (they are both fairly high up in comparison to other people's furniture). So I guess more bruises are on the way!
    No work tomorrow or Thursday. Hooray! As much as I love getting out of the house, I do prefer my time with Miss Gabby.

Hmmm I think I need to stop looking at the clock every time I get up to Zander overnight! I calculated at 3am that I had been up to him on average every 9 minutes since 1am, not great considering I didn't go to bed until 11pm either. I'm thinking it was teeth as he slept the reast of the night until 11am fter 1 dose of Brauers.

Well done for Miss Gabby being able to get on & off the lounges. Zander has just managed it as well The dentist would have cost me around $1200 but I got $400 back from our private health insurance, not alot but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Good luck with your dentist appointment today Trish, hopefully it's not tooo bad.

Off today to do a bit of shopping, nothing too exciting though. Groceries and I need to get nappies, but Big W doesn't seem to have the Dymples ones anymore so I have to work out a different daytime brand. Snugglers were always dodgy for us, seems like they are more suitable for girls even though they are unisex?? So yeah we're looking at the discount nappy place today because they have samples out so I can at least see if they feel nice IYKWIM. Also going to have a look at getting Zander another book. He's driving daddy nuts with "dad pip?" every night so I'm going to see if I can get another book in the series if it's not too expensive.

Sarah, have you tried Aldi's nappies?? I love to use Huggies but now we only get them when we can get the box for $30 otherwise it's Aldi's for us. So what Brauer stuff are you using?? Does it really work?? If so I might need shares in the company

Deb, I could imagine that teaching prep would keep you on your toes. Ouchy on Gab's fall poor little chook. Welcome to start of them.

Tehya has had a few beauties already. She is a climbing machine, drives us made. I must get her off the dining table atleast a dozen (i kid you not) times a day, Not to mention the damn computer chair and anything else she can get her long legs near.

Just got back from swimming with Noah and he is still doing great. The teacher is using him as her little display student in his class, good coz it makes him feel so much better too

I am soooo dreading this afternoon. I can be all brave the whole way, even driving there, but the minute I'm in that seat, look out..... I wish I could just go and all be fine, I tell myself that I'm being irrational but it makes no difference. Just shows you that one bad experience can throw you for th e rest of your life. When I was 12 I had to get 2 teeth out my braces, anyway I was in the chair for 6 hours to get them out, the roots hooked and broke off and I ended up being cut from one side of my mouth to the other. Ended up with black eyes and a Dr had to come in from the hospital to but pain killing injections into my mouth at the end of it all. Afterwards my body went into shock....... So I guess me fear is understandable but damn I wish I could build a bridge

Anyway, I'm sure I'llbe back later to whinge some more about it, my appt is at 4pm. Wish me luck girls

Sarah, also bilo nappies are good (i get 10-15kg pack of 72 if i remember rightly for about $23. And aldi are good too...) Ambah started a thread int he nappy area, ppl recommending nappies. Apparently NQR sells a pack of 15 for $1.99... not sure what they're like though...
    I agree with only buying huggies for $30 a box... Especially since most places have put them up to $42 a box... i cant justify that sort of money. The bilo ones last both boys a fortnight. pretty good i reckon...

Debbie Lee Guest

Aww Trish! Any wonder you are terrified of the dentist! What a horrible experience! It's so true that a bad experience like that can stuff you up for a looonnnnng time. A similar thing happened to my sis. She needed to have a tooth removed and the dentist did such a terrible job of it that she was screaming in agony. She ended up having to go to hospital and have surgery, he did such a bad job of it! The surgeon removed her wisdom teeth and did a heap of other stuff because he knew she'd never step foot in a dentist's again! I had to have a tooth removed a year or so later so I was terrified the same thing was going to happen to me. Thankfully I asked around and went to a dentist with a fantastic reputation and it went along so smoothly that I walked out of there with a smile on my face. I hope that can be the case for you this arvo!
    Yay for Noah being the "display model" LOL. Nothing like that to boost a kid's confidence!
    OMG @ Tehya getting up on the kitchen table. I'm glad Gab hasn't figured that one out yet.

Sarah - LOL @ Zander driving Daddy nuts with his favourite book. That sorta stuff with never end! We used to drive Dad up the wall because we would get the same videos each time we went to the video shop. We were not interested in watching something difference. We always had to get "Candy-Candy" - some weird Japanese cartoon (the characters kind of looked like the ones in Astro Boy). Good luck on the great nappy hunt. It's frustrating when you find something you like and really works for you then it disappears!! Grrr!
    I went to Aldi the other day to get some nappies as I had finally run out of disposables (I like to have some on-hand JIC the cloth thing goes haywire). Did they have any?? Noooooo. Always the way. So I ended up with Huggies. I figured it was the only packet of nappies I was going to buy in probably 4-5 months so I could spring for the deluxe, LOL. They were on special anyway so that's cool.

I had a rotten sleep last night. I don't know why. As a result, I'm tired, grumpy and over-it. Poor Gab needs to get out of the house but I can't be bothered, LOL.

On the tooth subject... one of my teeth has crumbled away, leaving nothing except a little inside the gum, and another has lost the filling and is now abcessed and has a growth coming out the side of the gum underneath it. I soooo need to get it fixed, but we cant afford anything atm, and when would i get it done? i have 3 children!!!

Trish - i know the feeling about the climbers - iput declan in his highchar, the ones that clip onto the table, the other day, and forgot to clip him in. i came back 2 mins later to find him crawling over the table... Lil buggar... Had to have a lil chuckle about it though, the look on his face when i caught him was priceless, he was so proud of himself

Well I went with Lullabies nappies which I got $19.95 for a box of 72 which is pretty good. Saw them at Coles after we went to the discount place & they were $25.00 so pretty good there. He has one on at the moment, so we'll see how they go. We use Huggies at night still & even they leak with my pee-pot son!! But MIL buys them for us every few weeks so all is good there.

Trish the Brauer stuff is fantastic We've used the colic one & also the teething one and they are brilliant. I think the best thing is that they're all natural. You're supposed to do a dose every 1/2hr for four doses then every 4hrs after that, the most we've ever done is two because it's worked brilliantly.

I've got the Weleda teething stuff, and I never get around to using it cause I just dont know whenshe;s teething and when shes not!
    Deb - next time you are home and you need to get out, give me a call. There are 2 great parks at the waterfront/gardens, and they are well worth a visit. I went there this morning adn Jenna had a ball playing in the sand with the water...... Whoever designed that must have not been a parent to a toddler in winter!! Oh well - it was fun,.

Trish - i hope everything goes OK this afternoon. Thinking of you.
    Simone! Sounds like you need to make yourself a priority and get to the dentist! You would never allow your kids teeth to go like that, so look after yours!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Simone - ouch @ your tooth! Sounds really painful. LOL @ Declan getting up on the table. Cheeky monkey!

Sarah - bargain @ the nappies! Not a bad price. I hope they do the job.

Fi - LOL @ water and sand at the park. I bet Jenna had a ball! I've heard so many great things about the new part at the Eastern Gardens but I've yet to have a chance to get our butts there. Hopefully I'll get some time next week.

Sounds like I may have to get some of that brauer's stuff next time Gab has teething issues. We've been spared of major teething for a good couple of months... it's been nice! I can see a few teeth coming through but they don't seem to be bothering her as much as the darn eye teeth and molars did. Maybe she's just used to it??

YAY!!! they did no work on my mouth today hehe probably nothing I should be too happy about as the work still needs doing along with 3 small fillings. BUT they are all going to be done under IV sedation. this is like a twighlight sedation where you are semi conscious but have no recollection of it. I have quite alot of work done on my teeth like this and it is truely the best way for me. Of course I'll still have to pain afterwards, and I'm still looking at root canal and aparently this tooth has 2 canals and nerves so they both have to be done, But I will be off my head so it's all good. The dentist had read through my file before I had gotten there and seen how much work I'd had done under IV, and probably how stressy and nervy I am in the chair and had already talked to the team in the IV dept. Where they have agreed to do it. Normally they don't do root canal therapy in there. I'm lucky that I don't have to pay for my dental work. I get treated through the hosp due do a clotting issue I have with my blood. Have been treated there all of my life.

Simone, you really need to get to the Dr's and the dentist. If you have an absess and let it go you can end up with blood posioning. Also that rotten tooth will infect other teeth nearby. You don't want to end up loosing your teeth and having falsies do you I bet Declan though he was so clever on the table too. Cheeky things they are.

Sarah, hope the nappies work out good. i am so reluctant to buy other brands. I really don't like Snugglers and find alot of the other cheaper nappies just don't take all the wee away from their skin good enough. I think I may have tried the Brauer sleep stuff on Noah, the dosage thing sort of reminded me. Never did anything for him though Stilll Tehya is another baby and it might work on her. I can only hope. I will grab some tomorrow when I am out.

Fi, sounds like you and Jenna had a nice day out. I hope it wasn't too cold for you both out there.

Deb, your poor sis. I really feel for her. Any wonder why you'd be scared at your next visit too. Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight too hun

Thanks for you well wishes girl, they obviously worked.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - glad your trip to the dentist was uneventful and that they are so supportive. Sounds like the way to go to be sedated! Damn @ the double root canal tho... ick!

Gab and I have been driving around collecting boxes this morning. We visited all of her Aunty's at their different places of work. Lauren is at Kmart so I got quite a few boxes from there. Lauren's manager spotted Gabby and took her off my hands for a while, LOL. I told her that I'd have to let my friends know that Kmart now has a babysitting service

It's Mum's birthday today so we're going out for dinner. Gab is meant to be asleep but the little turd has other ideas... always the way!

Hey deb, if you still need some boxes, and are up this way, we have about 10 medium size packing boxes, with the paper the removalists use (abot 5 of them are filled with paper) you are more than welcome to them if it helps

Debbie Lee Guest

Aww thanks, Simone. Uno what?? I picked Neil up from the airport a couple of weeks ago so I was up your way not so long ago!!
    Will see how I go. Will keep you posted. Thanks so much

Thats ok, i know how hard it can be to try and find boxes, especially of a decent size... We were lucky this was a defence force move and they paid for the boxes... We called them to come pick up the boxes, the lazy buggars never did, so you're welcome to them. Their loss!!

Default Finally!!

Hey girls sorry for my lack of posts...

The phone was cut off (thanks Alecia!) so no internet for a while.

Anyway... we are all doing well. Violet is leaping ahead in her speech, which is great. She uses her manners everytime you give her something she says please (sometimes ), she says two after you say... so she is normal . She loves Dorothy the Dinosour (Dothy), and the Wizard of Oz (Both her and Emily love it).

We had swimming today which they still love...

Not much else going on...

Mum didn't get Married.... OMG here's an epic for you, but I'll keep it short...
    Mum was supposed to marry a couple of w/e's ago... no-one was really happy about it but we stood by her none the less.
    Anyway one of my sister has been living at mums and there was a phone call there the tuesday b4 the wedding while mum was staying over with her fiance. It was his DD!! She has rang to speak with mum about what he had done to her as a child, and her sisters!!
    My sister rang me saying that none of his family were going to the wedding any why. She asked what to do because she didn't want to get the blame for it (she hated mum's fiance and didn't hold back about it) I told her to tell her immediately!!
    So she finally got mum to come home and told her. Mum didn't believe her and phoned the daughter (she lives in the US, but I think she was in Australia visiting and for the wedding).
    So mum hasn't seen him since and has been taking a break from home.
    It's funny because all these little pieces have been falling in to place ever since the news got out. Like why does he live so far from his family? Why aren't his family playing more of a roll in the wedding? Why does he give me a creepy feeling?
    YUCK!! OLD PERVERT!
    Anyway, I really wasn't supposed be telling everyone, but that is too bad!

We are just hoping she doesn't go back with him!! She has said, "it was 30years ago, and only with hhis children"... WHAT THE...? If only she could hear herself!! Anyway, that is another dr Phil episode!!

Tanya

OMG - Tanya Imagine having a real life Dr Phil episode in your own family!!
    Scary stuff, but hopefully it will all work out OK for you all.
    Hoping that your TTC is going OK.

Right guys - I'm in the Melb airport waiting for my flight. The palce is dead - I guess everyone else goes drinking on a Sat night! Appaerntly the flight is dead - so I should have a row to myself which means sleep sleep sleep. Sooooo looking forward to waking up in the mornign when I feel like it! Not when someone else wakes up

Hope everyone else is well, and I'll probably chat from NZ since I wont haev a child under my toes

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast