Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #8

Have a nice break Fi
    Yes the Dr Pill episode is just pain scary!! I never want to see that creep again!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - wow! A story worthy of Jerry Springer, hey? I hope your Mum comes to her senses and realise that this dude is no good. Love is blind, hey? It goes to show that your intuition was in full force when you had a feeling that he wasn't quite right.
    LOL @ Violet saying please. I'm trying to get Gabby to say it rather than just wander over to the pantry and hit it until I give her something (saying "Ahh ahhh!"). Admittedly, she does say "Ta" quite often so I am not going overboard. I just chant "Pleeeease" while she's demanding, LOL. She'll take the hint one day.

Fi - hope that you are getting lots of R&R.... or is your Mum working you hard again with scones? Woo hoo for the flight being dead too. Always nice! Hope Shane is coping ok (though I'm sure he is!). I SMS'd you on Sunday saying that if you wanted me to watch Jenna while you guys went on a harley ride, I could (Sunday was a gloriously sunny day). Duh Debbie!

We spent the weekend packing more of the non-essentials and loading them up. We've managed to get quite a bit of stuff moved up to Hamilton already.

No work today. I took Gab to the park this morning and she had a fun time watching people with dogs run past (she spent half the morning saying "Woof woof woof", LOL). She's a little sooky at the moment. I'm thinking that it may be another couple of teeth? She practically begged me to put her into bed for her nap today. I hope it's just teeth.....
    Off to update her website again!

Hi guys

Sorry it's been so long between posts.... I've had a few little things going on in the last few weeks

I promise to try and check in on a more regular basis now I'm not going to bed at 8! Ollie is very well behaved, and Bastian is being really good too, so I might actually have a few minutes of spare time.

John is home for the rest of the week, which is good since I'm not fully functioning yet, but it'll suck when he goes back to work cause I still won't be able to drive for another 4 weeks! 4 weeks of being stuck at home with 2 kids! Oh well.... at least everything is flat around our house so we can go for lots of walks

Sorry to hear there are some sleepless nights going around....hopefully it's just rotten teeth and they'll be through soon.

I must admit to skipping the dentist bits of posts completely.... I'm so norty that I haven't been to a dentist since I had braces... and now I'm too scared! I don't want to know all the horrid things they'd want to do to me.

Anyway....getting a bit tired now, so i might veg on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy until Ollie's next feed.

Zola, it has been a long time, You've had time to have another bub How is Oliver going?? I hope Sebastian is being a good big brother. Probabywants to smother him in kisses. Buggar being stuck at home for 4 weeks. I cheated when I had my c section and was driving before I was supposed to. I hated being couped up. Go to the Dentist Zola. You don't want to end up wearing falsies!!

Tanya, OMG hey. Thank goodness your mum didin't get married and an even bigger thanks for the phone call hey. That explains your intuiton and the bad feelings you had about him. YAY at Violets talking improving. KWYM about the manners too, somedays we constantly get, ta or pease or her kind of thank you then other days you struggle to get one. On the upside, I am getting more kisses now How's the TTC going sweety??

Fi, hope that your having a great time in NZ. Aggh must be nice to go away without kids I so want a break.... Hope that your meeting with your midwife went great, and that you get along with her

Deb, aww can you babysit for me so we can go for a ride too.... Hmm would help if we lived in the same state of course and if we still had the bike, hehe. Oh just noticed that you said you were going to update Gab's site again, I will check it out when I'm done posting. Hope Gab's teeth hurry up and settle down for her.

Tehya's teeth seemed to have come to a standstill. She hasn't got any new ones in ages, still hasn't cut her eye teeth and they are nowhere to be seen. She STILL doesn't sleep, but now I am figuring that she will start to sleep around the time she turns 15!! Paid my fine last week and the damn excess so now I am poor again.

Teh is in bed asleep now, this is when she sleeps the longest, probably from around 8 til 12 if I'm lucky then it's every 2hours or so. Like a damn newborn. Going to get some more pictures done tomorrow with our photgrapher, she has a bub comp and asked me to bring Teh over for some pics. She hasn't ahd any done with her since she was 10 months old so due really.
    I will be working wth her (the photographer) next weekend at the Penrith show. Will be good to get out away from the kids for the day, still not sure of the hours or $$ yet though, perhaps I will find out tomorrow. The show goes into the night time but I'm not really keen to stay there all day and night. Abit long away from Teh and for Teh to be away from boobies.

Argh - Trish! It sooooo wasn't a holiday! While it was nice to be away from her, I didn';t get anymore sleep. In fact I have come back in worse shape than when I left!
    To make things worse, Jenna isfinally cutting her top molars, so I have a cranky pants to deal with, and of course I feel like its because I went away. Thank goodness Bec came over today and helped me feel a little more sane I said a little.....

I dont know what to suggest with Tehya. I expect that you are fairly well resigned to it all, and it wont last forever. Thats what we tell ourselves when miss is sleeping badly too. Oh for a good sleeper!!!

Zola - great that you are doing well and coping with 2 bundles!! Haven't your men got such cute names - you guys have done well

As for my midwife, well I stuffed that up too. I didn't read it properly, so the meeting is the first Tuesday of the month, not every Tuesday! Oh well - luckily I get along with my midwives here so well, and the baby will likely be another Baxter house job.

I have also finally popped FINALLY! I am feeling decidely pregnant, with the heartburn to boot. How wonderful.

Tanya - I hope things have settled down in your family, and this is your month! Maybe you too Sarah? And how about a surprise baby Deb??
    Imagine if all in the same month!

Fi

AWW Fi, Sorry that you didn't get a break hun. I'm sure Jenna isn't spitting it just because you went away. Of course, these little people know just the right time to get like this and make us feel bad though.

Buggar about stuffing up the dates with your midwife too. But YAY for popping!! hehe I think I popped with Tehya at 4 weeks LOL. Yucko at the heartburn though, I so don't miss that.

Good thing you were keeping those baby wishes away from me Fi. Mark would shoot me. Of course, he'd have to be getting some for that to happen anyways....

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL, Fi... yes... it would be very cool to be a preggy buddy with Sarah again! Tho... I am hoping for a BFP more for her than for me atm!
    Sorry to hear you aren't as rested and relaxed as should be after some time away from being Mummy. Yay for popping out tho! That's wonderful! Ick @ the hearburn.

Trish - gosh... I don't know how you cope with the lack of sleep! Fingers crossed for a stack of $$ for working at the Penrith show. A day away from the kids is probably payment in itself, hey?? And uno I'd babysit for you if it didn't take 10 hours to get to your place, LOL.

Zola - good to hear from you, mate! I guess you are right in the thick of that "newborn" haze.... gosh the first few weeks are hard!! LOL

Poor Miss Gab still isn't any better. We've had a couple of shocking nights. She's got so much snot that she can't breathe and is just generally blah! Mum has looked after her the last couple of days while I've been working and all Gab has wanted to do is sleep. Poor chicken! I just got home from Lara now and Mum is zonked on the couch, Gab is asleep and the dog is asleep on the mat, LOL. I was going to take a photo but the bloody dog moved!! hehehe

Deb, 10 hours isn't so long away Poor Gab, I hope that her cold buggars off real soon and you have a snot free bub again. That would've made for a great picture, trust the damn dog to move.

I just checked out Gab's album, she is getting so big. What a cutey. I love the beanie and scarf your mum knitted for her too, so sweet.

Ok went and saw Donna for pics on Friday, of course Tehya played up like she always does with pictures. Still we got some nice ones. Went back yesterday and got some of Noah done too, fingers crossed they turn out great. I haven't got his pics done in ages.
    Worked out that she is going to pay me about $15 an hour, not fantastic but not too bad either given that all I have to do is get people into the booth and to vote for the babies on display.

We're off to Bicentenial park for a few hours this morning. Have to be back just after lunch as I have a baby shower to go to. Joel is home here this weekend, didn't go to his dad's as he is sick. Noah is comming down with a cold too. Bloody sick kids.

Actually went out for dinner last night without children. Mum came down and watched the little ones and we went out for a Chinese feed with Marks parents for their birthdays. $180 later and broker though, atleast it was a great feed. Still, I can't help but think thats a good grocery shop for us

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Hey guys

I think we have finally made a break through with Zander's sleeping We've put him onto soy milk due to shocking runny nappies for the last few months & he seems to be doing well. No more 6+ liquid nappies a day, it's more like 1, it's still not as solid as I'd like, but it's getting there. Aaaaand, instead of getting up 6-7 times on a good night and 12+ on a bad night, we're down to 1 or 2 times It's funny too because I could never figure out what the problem was, he was just crying in his sleep, dummy in & all, and would sleep fine from 4am. Now he only cries if there's a reason overnight. So I'm thinking that maybe it was taking from 8pm-4am for the milk to digest so he could sleep properly. Anyway, we're going to continue on like this for a month & when he gets his 18 month (OMG!) needles we'll tell the Dr what's been going on.

Yay for more formal photos Trish. I keep thinking I should get some done soon, but sadly money is lacking. Also I can set them up well enough here myself!

Aww thanks Deb for hoping for my BFP more thn your own *hugs* I hope Gabby is starting to feel better now.

Congrats again on the birth of Oliver Zola!!

Tanya, yikes at the Springer episodes going on under your nose. Hope it all clears up & you don't have anything to do with that guy anymore.

Sarah - how great that Zander is sleeping a little better for you. Fingers crossed the trend continues
    Trish - I hope the photos come out great anyway, I'm sure they will be lovely.
    Deb - What a bugger about the cold! Lucky your mum is so good looking after Gab - I dont think I'd have the same luxury.

We have just pulled out a sleeping bag that we bought for Jenna, and have set it up on her sofa. She loves it!! One of the cats thinks its a bit of alright to crawl in the bag with her, and of course jenna loves it. If only that bloody cat didn't chew fabric, I swear she would be the greatest kitty cat in the world!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely day - I am off to watch our A grade team hopefully win their semi final!! Goooo Port!

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - LOL @ Lily.... cats are great, hey? I keep thinking we should get one for Gabby once we move... but they make my eyes itch... so I guess not. The sleeping bag sounds good! Hope the A grade won the semi final!

Sarah - I'm sooo rapt for you guys that you have possibly found a solution to Zander's sleepless nights. Amazing how simple it can be sometimes, hey? Fingers crossed it stays that way! As for wishing for the BFP for you... it's purely for selfish reasons!! LOL... I'm not sure I am ready yet... hehehe.

Trish - woah @ the $180 bill!! I'd freak at that too! $15 an hour isn't too bad - better than a poke in the eye, hey? Hope the kids don't get too sick.. you've had your fair share of sickies lately.

Gab is slllowly coming good. She is being a bit of a Daddy's girl this weekend. I tried to let him have a sleep-in this morning but she just about bashed our bedroom door down to get to him. She doesn't like him out of her sight atm. I think he secretly loves it, hehehe.
    Neil got his shift roster for the next year. He has a shift that ends at 6am on Christmas Day then he doesn't go back until the 29th! Yay.. so we'll have the Chrissy period covered this year. He also has New Years Eve off. He did well! He also managed to get on the same shift as a bloke that he's become pretty friendly with (and lives in the same town we are moving to). Apparently they have a 19 month old and she is preggers with their 2nd. Always good to make new friends that have kids too! She's a teacher aswell.

Deb, sounds like you will have a good friend there to make, you have alot in common. Aww at Gab being a Daddy's girl, Tehy is like that when Mark comes home from work or when he's in bed too. YAY at Neil getting good shifts, love that he is home for Chistmas, this year will be a good one with the little ones. They understand so much more than last Christmas.

Fi, hope the girls won yesterday. either way I'm sure it was a great game. Aww at Jenna and her sleeping bag. Sounds so cute with her pussy cat.

Sarah, yay at finally getting some sleep. I hope Zander continues his good sleeping. fantastic that you have his poo's sorted out too. Yucko at the 6 nappies a day. As bad as a newborn.

I am geting the damn kids cold. Not happy!! My throat is sore, and my chest feels like it has a tonne of bricks on it. Fingers crossed I kick it soon.

Hi - Yes we won the semi - so one more elimnating final and the grand final might be there for us! Woohoo! OMG - It was so funny - there were SOOOOOO many preggie bellies out and about. All thosenetballers who I guess missed part of the season will be back with a vengence next year

Deb - how great on the shifts. Thats good news! We used to swap around a little at that time of year, and work always put on a special dinner for those working Xmas day.

Trish - I hope you kick the cold before it gets hold!

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - woo hoo for the girls winning the semi! Go Port!

Trish - ick @ the cold. Sounds icky. Hope it's short-lived.

Gab is pretty much back to her happy and well self. Now we have the tough job of weaning her off the dummy during the day. She was doing so well!!

ange-par Guest

Hi All - Just a quickie to let you all know that we are finally well and no more illnesses with us!!! Ella no longer has a dummy and has been really good about it. We only had one morning with lots of crying at 5.30am and that was it. WOO HOO

Have just finished my christmas shopping for the family and now doing it for some friends. I can't believe that I'm so organised!!!!

Will pop in again soon.

Angela

Hi Angela - good to hear you are all well. Hopefully it lasts for you.
    I am babysitting today! Jenna's friend Jack is in my spare bed sounds asleep after his swimming lesson.... It will be interesting to see how long he sleeps for, and what he's like when he wakes up!
    I wonder if he'll wake jenna with his crying?
    Oh well - as long as she gets about 90mins she's alright. Teething HORRIBLY at the moment. Chewing everything, and dribbling like a bat out of hell. Unbearable most nights too.

Ah well - thats toddlers for you huh?

HJope all else are well

Debbie Lee Guest

Have fun babysitting, Fi! Paige used to wake up before Gab and holler for a bit... usually Gabby slept through it. Hopefully that'll be the same for you if Jack wakes up before Jenna.

Ange - good job getting the Chrissy shopping done already! You're organised. I've got 3 things on layby for Gab... does that count

Gabby just had a little play with Paige. They've both grown so much so they play together very differently now. Mind you, they squabble a lot more. I just gave Paige's Mum a scrapbook that I made of the time Paige spent with us while I was looking after her. She loved it! I've still got to add a couple of pages but she wanted to take it to show her DH. I figure I don't need the album to finish it so it was no worries.

Fi, good on you for babysitting, I hope Jack sleeps great for you and Jenna get's her sleep too. Poor bubba getting more teeth, it's really crappy for them hey..
    YAY for the netball win too. I bet you were cheering hard

Deb, so you finally handed over the album. Good to hear that Paige's mum loves it. I think once babies get to this age they tend to be more possessive over their toys, or anything else they've taken a liking too. I know that Tehya will only share when she's in the mood too otherwise look out if you try to take something off her...

Ange, Good on you for getting your Chrissy shopping done. I have most of mine on laybuy does that count?? Still have to find the money to pay for it all though. Good to hear that everyone is healthy too.

My cold is still hanging around and is stirring up my asthma, went to the Dr's today and now have some antibiotics, she also told me to take some cold and flu tablets, I was hesitant because of bf but she said a few won't hurt, most of them have stuff in that we give babies anyway...

Tehya is asleep, but for how long. I so miss the days when I could have a nanna nap, Noah won't go down now for love nor money, although they are both usually in bed by around 8ish lately so that's great.

I updated Tehya's album finally. I put in the new portraits into the portraits section so have a look see if you want.

Oh btw Deb, I checked out Gab's album the other day. She's such a cutey. Hmm I'm now thinking that I already commented on it... hehe, don't mind me

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast