Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #8

Simone, I hope that things start to settle down for you now. Declan sounds so cute, what a nice big brother

How's everyone else going? Hope all bubba's are being good.

Tehya is playing cars in the loungeroom. She had a great sleep this afternoon, she crashed out in the car on the way home from the meetup and slept until nearly 5.30. So almost 2 and a half hours.

Still have this bloody cold, and the worst bloody headache. have been taking cold and flu tablets but they don't do much. Nadine suggested that it might be a tension headache too. Given my last few days I'd say it's very likely.

Hi girls,
    Sorry just a quickie to let you know we came home today, still very much under the weather but hopefully throu weight gain and tlc we will get on top of it. Thankfully Eliza has re adjuste to sleeping in her own bedroom with mum not beside her. As the girls said it was a very scarey time poor little pet started with tht projectile vomits and lethargic only to have the runs completley wash her out and have no energy. We pushed her on a stretcher bed from Emergency to level 3 and her room with out her moving just like a starfish. It was amazing the weight gan of fluid in one night could be 1 kg still alot more to go so bring on all the sweets.
    Better go and spend some time with my husband ...you know it has been tough on him no having us around....try eating crap out of a vending machine for 5 days.
    Bec

Aww Bec, good to have you and Eliza back home safely. Sorry to hear that she was so sick, poor little mite. Nothing worse than a sick baby.

Venting machine food really isn't great for the diet hey So hard to get a decent fed at the hospital.

Hope Eliza continues to get better for you.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Bec.... glad you are home mate but I am soooo sorry that poor Miss Eliza had to go through such an ordeal (and you too!). Hope you get some much-needed R&R. I've been thinking of you! Eww @ the vending machine food!

Trish - it certainly wouldn't surprise me if you are suffering from a bit of tension at the moment! I bet it's been a tough week!

Simone - aww @ Declan! He's such a good big brother! Things sound rather hellish for you guys atm too. Hope you can come out the other end sooner rather than later!

Gabby's Aunty Lauren looked after her today while I worked. They had a brilliant time! Lauren took her to her work and our other 2 sister's work for a visit. They did all kinds of things today which is good because Gab needs to get out of the house these days. She goes a bit stir crazy. Half of her toys have been packed so she's got even less to play with! You guys all know how quickly they grow bored of their toys!

The good thing about packing her toys away Deb is when you pull them all back out it's like Christmas again

Good to hear that Gab had a fun day out with her Aunties today. Hope you had a good day at work too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Too true, Trish! She'll have a blast when we are settled into the new place.

Urrgh.... work sucked! I worked at a school where a lot of the kids have "issues". It's really sad... and hard work. I hate having to enforce rules with some kids yet let one kid get away with blue murder just because he has "problems"... but, that's the nature of the job, I guess. Also, the staff at the school a reeeeallly unfriendly. They were a couple of years ago too. It's the first time I've been back to that school and it hasn't changed a bit! Oh well... only a few more weeks....

Or if you get called up for them again you could say NO!!! I bet it's hard temping, never knowing the staff or students your going to get. And I remember as kids we always played up on the sub teacher

Hmm problems hey.... Maybe I can pull out that excuse for Joel. Afterall guys that are done for serious crimes bring up their troubled youth. CAn I use the fact that he's froma broken home and has ADHD and that he refuses to be medicated for it.... Hmmm. My mind wonders......

Hey everyone, im going to perth this weekend, for 4-6 weeks, going to have abreak from DH, just having a couple of probs and decided it was best for some time apart...
    But on the up side, looking forward to seeing my family!!
    Hope everyone's recovering from ilnesses and hi to all... gonig to bed now...

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh for sure - they are very real and legitimate reasons to help explain his behaviour, Trish. And, don't get me wrong... I realise that there are kids that have real legitimate problems in these schools. There's just not enough support in schools to cater for it. Sometimes there's an aide but they are very rarely in the room full time. Usually it's left up to the teacher to deal with whilst trying to cater to 20+ other children! Ultimately, the kids that suffer the most are the ones that aren't a problem because so many resources are used on the kids that DO have problems. It just frustrates me
    It's definitely hard work emergency teaching. Half the time you're not even told if you have an ADD or behavioural issue child in the class but you usually find out who it is within the first few moments!! It's just nice to get some warning because my usual tactics with dealing with kids usually backfire with these kids because they don't respond well to a firm voice. It's a juggling act!

Simone - oh no! Sorry to hear that you and your DH are having probs. I hope that your time in Perth helps the situation. Sometimes it's good to have a bit of space to gain some perspective and just take a breath. Being around your family is probably a good thing too - that support will no-doubt help you get through such a tough time. Have a safe trip! Will you have access to the internet?
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; August 29th, 2006 at 09:41 PM.

Simone, hope you enjoy your break in Perth. I'm sure it will be great to be back with your family. Are all the kids going with you??

Deb, I so know what you mean. I could scream and yell at Joel unitl I am blue in the face and it goes rightover his head, either that or he fires up. I feel sorry for the other kids in the class too, especially when they are trying to work and you have one or two kids being flips. Just P's the teacher off for the rest of the class.

I guess the school's don't feel that they need to expalin what class your teaching and what sort of students you'll be getting. Maybe you need to start a diary on the bad schools and classes

Sometimes I think with Joel he jsut needs a good boot up the @rse but in reality I know that it will make no bloody difference

Hey-i will have access to the net (broadband yay!!) and i will be taking the kids with me.

Hey simone - I hope Perth goes OK.
    Trish - I reckon you are kidding yourself - Tehya is now 18m old, and Jenna is coming up 17m....... We aint got no 16 and 14 moth old anymore!! And I promise, Jenna is as bad and as active as most kids a couple of months older. She really truly doesn't stop!

Bec - great to see you back on here. Hopefully Miss Eliza will catch up on her weight with lots of food and lots of sleeping, and give you a bit of rest time over the next few days. Must be nice to be back in a normal bed.

Deb - I dont know how you do it without Neil. I couldn't without shane, but I have no family here so it makes it tough for me I guess. Actually even if I did have my family around they wouldn't be as helpful as yours! Ahh well.

Tanya - how are you?

Jenna had to go back in her cot for her day sleep today. After listening to her bang on the walls for 5mins, I decided to go in and try and calm her. First thing she says is "Door" pointing to the door. Yes I say - thats a door. And its open cause you aren't asleep yet!
    Then she grabs one of her toys, jabs her fingers in its eyes, and says "eyes". Now she knows where/what these things are, but its like the 45min I spent trying to get her to sleep were more about her trying to get her pronunciation perfect. Very cute - it was hard not to smile at her.
    One of the babies in MG is about 5-6 weeks older, and is using double words together, so thats pretty cool. She's a bit of a cutey, and a real handful for her young mother. I have to say I love it when I see mums that didn't plan on having kids having such pearlers. It goes against the whole theory of older parents having smarter kids. Must be a real boost for her to know that she's doing such a good job with her daughter

Anyhoo - now I'm just rambling. I'm pretty tired - spent 2 hrs awake last night waiting forJenna to wake up - which she didn't. So its good - but annoying

Debbie Lee Guest

Always the way, isn't it, Fi? Hope you get a better night's sleep tonite.
    I have to admit... I had a giggle @ Jenna's antics for her sleep this afternoon! Fancy her already trying to stall sleep time. You guys are gonna have fun when she's 3!! LOL... I shouldn't laugh. Gab will probably turn into a horror @ sleeping when she's 3 for me saying that!

You're so right... I am lucky to have all my family with me so it makes it bearable to have Neil away. I had a bit of a sook on the phone to him tonight. He calls me but doesn't talk... I ramble and he just says, "Yep. Uh huh." and doesn't contribute to the conversation. I got so peeved!! Why the hek call if you're not gonna talk?? Grrrr. He's bored and over it and I'm tired and over it, LOL. Makes for great conversation!

Sorry Fi, I meant my 14 year old Jenna isn't quite 17 months and Tehya isn't quite 18, I like to keep them under their age, makes them sound littler

Aww, Jenna sounds like a cutey. Lol at her poking her toy in the eyes. Better it than you like Teh does. Oh and the nose, finger right up there. Must remember not to say Tehya where is your nose, then where is your mouth right after

Sorry Deb, missed your post. Hugs for you hun, You can have sook to us and we'll respond more than Neil does
    Does that mean that because Tehya is STILL a horror sleeper that she'll be good when she gets older. Hmm I won't hold my breath for that one.

Suprise, suprise Ex came around tonight to get a copy of Joel's court papers to read over. Apparently he is going to see if he can have a chat with a solicitor he knows of. Wow, my kid has to break the damn law for him to get off his @rse!!!
    Last edited by Trish; August 30th, 2006 at 09:21 PM.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmm yeah... nothing like a bit of deliquency to make Dad wake up, hey Trish?? I hope he can help out somehow and not just cause more troubles.
    because Tehya is STILL a horror sleeper that she'll be good when she gets older.
    Perhaps?? I think that'd be fair for you... why not?? Once they hit the teens, it's impossible to get them out of bed, isn't it?? LOL

Yeah Joel likes his sleep but even on the weekends he is still up and around by 9 at the latest so.... I think he see's it as a waste of the day, which it is, when you sleep until lunchtime. Geez I'd love to give it a try though

Well about time the man got involved abit more, hardly the way though and I'm sure as soon as the dust settles he'll be back in hiding.
    He only turned up tonight because I called him in tears today after getting served the papers and I think then that the reality and enormity of it all hit me. Shame I needed to cry for him to realise just how bad it was and that it really isn't fair for me to have to cope with it all on my own. I have been making the calls and hunting down any info I can get to help out. Still, just because he said he was going to talk to someone doens't mean he will, in my experience with him anyway.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmm yeah.. and, if anything, I would think this was something that Dad should handle, iykwim? Bring the big guns in... and perhaps be a role model for Joel?? Aww BIG HUGS for you, Trishy. You're under so much stress atm. It's gotta be tough!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast