Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2005 #8

Aww Thanks Deb. I have had a rotten headache since last Thursday and wasn't sure if it was still this damn cold. I spoke with a solicitor this afternoon and she answered most of my questions and my headache sort of lifted. I mean it's still there dull, but no longer throbbing so that's got to be a good thing.

There are alot of things this dad should handle, unfortunately he simply chooses not to. At the end of the day I think I'd rather Mark be the boys roll model as opposed to Shane. He's not a bad person or anything, he just has no idea on how to be a loving, caring, supportive father (or partner for that matter), His father never had an idea either so I can see where he got it from.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sounds like Mark would be a far better role model. I guess in situations like this, it's hard for him to really help when Shane is still in the picture? Or is it not really an issue? Step parenting would be tough, I reckon!
    I'm glad your headache is getting better - it's definitely stress! The fact that your immune system was working overtime to get rid of the cold means your body has probably had enough.

Yeah in situations like this Mark sort of takes a step back. I think if Shane was not around it would be a different matter though. I know that I wouldn't want to be a step parent, for sure it's hard work. Then there's always the issue of your kids and our kids, and which child is your priority, which child you would walk over coals for and which one's would you make burn their own feet iykwim.

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo yeah... it'd be tough! Especially with teenagers! I think Dr. Phil actually advises against step-parents being the disciplinarian in some cases (I think it depends on the age of the kids??).

Yeah - I am pretty happy that Shane's kids dont spend much time withus. I would have issues being the wicked stepmother for sure. It would be very, very tough!
    Trish - Aaaah it all makes sense now! I was really confused about you thinking the girls were so young Mind you - I wouldn't be surprised if you ae happy for Tehya to remain your little girl forever.
    I hope your headache goes away. Good on ex for stepping in, even if it does seem a little late. Better some effort than leaving it all to you huh?
    Jenna points to all the things too now - including her nu-nu. Thats a personal favourite these days!! Yanking on it included. Ahhhh dear. As for the finger, well she's quite often out and about with it up her nose, so I've almost given up on telling her to take it out. At least she knows where it is.
    She gets really, really frustrated with Shane's glasses - not sure if your kids did the same wiht you? She pulls them off, then pokes him in the eyes, where as I just get the pokes.

I have just been down tot the travel agent. Shane has finally agreed not to buy a motorbike, and to let us go for a holiday!!!!! YEEEEHA! So wqe are probably going to do either Darwin or Cairns/Port Douglas as I need me some sun I would lvoe to go to an island, but no countries will let me in after about 7m I think, and I dont think you can get travel insurance, so north oz it is.
    We are going to go somewhere that has childminding facilities, so at least we can have a couple of days to ourself - or at least a couple of hours. Kids clubs dont start til they are 5 bum it all.

Deb - I'm sure you have realised that Neil isn't a talker At least you are still ringing each other - touching base is very important for you both. Rob and I once spent 6m apart in a year, we split up the following year. Its too hard for me to be away from shane - I couldn't do it for more than a couple of days.

Tanya - How are you? I see you posting in a few places, but just lurking here huh? Any news? fingers crossed for you.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay Fi! Port Douglas is gorgeous (apparently... I've never been). Hanna goes every year with her BF's family. They own 2 holiday apartments up there and do a big family holiday. I am very jealous of you! We haven't been on a proper holiday since going to Echuca last year Gosh... that was almost a year ago!!
    LOL @ Jenna... she's a crack-up! So far we've managed to get away without Gab paying much attention to her nu-nu (although we say woo-woo, PMSL). It's a matter of time tho!
    Thanks for grounding me too. At least Neil and I chat to eachother every night. I keep reminding myself that we only have another few weeks and then we'll be back together again (and he'll be driving me nuts, no doubt!! ). The poor guy is bored out of his mind too... probably doesn't help that he just doesn't have anything to talk about. I think he's hanging to be put on shift so that he can get stuck into his job. He's also frustrated that he has all this free time when he could be here helping me organise the move.

God Gabby is funny! She is sitting in her highchair having lunch and just dropped her spoon. She's trying to say "Oh Oh!" but she keeps saying "Ooo Ooo", LOL. She is in LOVE with Elmo!! When Elmo's World comes on, she won't stop saying "Mo Mo". So cute! Oh... and yesterday, Paige's Mum was trying to get her to say her new word: "blue". Apparently she can point out blue things and say "blue". Paige just looked up and smiled at her - didn't want to parrot. Instead, Gabby wanders past us saying "bwoo bwoo bwoo" LOL. Apparently she can say "blue" too!! Cheeky monkey!

Fi, I am just too tired to do too many personals and you girls have heaps to chat about and I feel guilty!!
    News, huh? I have my period... LOL I am going to go to the Dr next week I am going to ask for a pelvic u/s. My last two AF's have had clots in them that weren't blood clots (iykwim), so if there is any debris left from conception it will prevent embryo implantation (well I think it would) so hopefully I get the all clear and it will put my mind at rest. I am also taking a break this cycle, I need a bit of time off from my 'boy diet'.
    So no need to keep an eye on me this cycle

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh dear, Tanya. Hope the Dr. can find an explanation for the clots. That's no good at all What sort of things do you have to do on a 'boy diet'?

Awww Tanya, sorry to hear things aren't goin so well. Have a great month on a normal diet though - splurge on all those naughty girl foods

Not much going on over here all boring......

All good stuff... lol. No dairy... so no cheese No leafy greens, no grains or nuts, no chocolate or excess sugar
    It has to be hight in sodium and potassium and low in calcium and magnesium... I am allowed most fruits and vegies, pasta, sauces, chips and popcorn, soy, white bread.

I am not thinking about it atm... I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! LOL

Tanya
    ETA: yeah Sarah, I have been eating chocolate, icecream and pizza!!
    Best of luck for you this month... I will be joining the Sarah cheer squad

LOL - Tanya - imagine if this month while taking a break you ended up conceiving another girl!!!! LMAO! I hope the dr can clear things up for you. and hoping you dont need something like curette. Yuck. You know even if you dont have anything to say you can still pop in and say gidday.
    Sarah - hope this month brings a bit more luck for you guys.
    Deb - Yeah - PD is lovely - I haven't been there for about 7years, but I'venever been to Darwin, so I'm leaning that way. But I think PD wouldbe more baby friendly, so it might make more sense. I just know Jenna would love to spend all day in the pool with whale mum and her trimmer daddy.
    Stingers would be out, so no swimming at the beaches, but I dont liek the beaches up there anyway - they are darker sand with lots of crabs
    But she would love to go to the nature parks, and is free til she's 2, so its seems like a good time to skip off.
    Funny little Gabby! Its such a cute age if you can handle all the little tantrums that go with it Jenna is asleep in her bed with her head on the pillow and bum in the air. Sooooo funny.
    Drs appt today to see if we can find out about her limp. Its still there, and now we are all getting a cold, so I'll get her to check that too. Thankfully her nappyrash has finally cleared up. 3 days of antifungal cream and its almost gone. still 2 more weeks of applying it though

WOW, some post's to catch up on

Fi, I'm sure that Shane's (my ex) wife would be happy for the boy's to not go over there either but that's not ging to happen just for her. LOL at Jenna poking her nu- nu. Tehy does the same thing. Tries to have a dip. I just move her hand away. Funny though, I didn't care with the boys.
    Tehya tries occasionally to pull my glasses off and poke me, but generally she's pretty good with them. If I have left them on the table or something like that and she spots them she will grab them and bring them to me.

Deb, Gab sounds a cutie with her ooo oooo. Tehy will tell me uhh ohh when she poors her bootle on the floor or sometihing, and it's usually when she does something on purpose. YAY on Gabby and saying blue, she was a good girl at being the parrot instead. Noah has heaps of Elmo's Gab would have a field day here. tehy loves Cookie monster, she walks around going cookie cookie. I said to Mark how many 18 months old know half of their last name (cook) even if she is saying it for cookie monster.

Tanya, I think sometimes you need to have a break from it all. I hope that you get some answers from the Dr too. Sounds like something is going on there. How is Violet and the rest of the girls going?? I hope they are all well

Sarah, sending so some baby making vibes for next month hun

Ok, now after getting through all of them there's really not alot to say from this end. Noah got his pre school pics done today and I took Tehya in and they got sibling pics too. They look like they will turn out heaps cute although we dont get to pic which one we like. She took alot too, I wonder what they do witht the extras??

Noah was drawing a picture of Mark today at school for their Fathers Day pressie. Anyway, he drew Marks head, arms, legs, then turns to his teacher and says, "I have to draw Daddy's doodle"!!! Apparently she just said to him, Noah draw whatever you want. And he did!! LOL, now I have to shutup about it and not tell Mark until Sunday...

Trish LOL at noah's drawing abilities...

Xander loves saying "Mum, i kiss your boobs?" When i get my let down when Anneliese hasnt fed for a while, it hurts a bit, and Xander wants to kiss them better... BUt i bet it didnt sound good when he said it in front of social workers...

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL... OMG... I'm laughing my head off at your two kids!!
    How funny with Noah and the doodle and Xander wanting to kiss boobies!! Like they say, kids say the darndest things!! PMSL!

Fi - how did the Dr. appointment go? Anything serious with that limp?

Tanya - urrgh... I dunno if I could live on the "boy" diet!! LOL... actually... I can't live on any diet. I'm hopeless! I don't blame you for having a break tho! Obviously Wato is on the same diet? Or does he have to do other things?? I tell you what tho... I'm up for DTD the "boy" way! hehehe

I don't know what the hek to do for Neil for father's day. We have NO money (and I mean NO money) and all my scrappin' stuff is packed so I can't even make him something. Maybe we'll have to just go and buy a CD or something. I can't give him nothing! He's gone all healthy on me so I can't even do the old "cook him a nice breakfast" thing... urrgh!

Deb, you have a body don't you?? Thats all Mark has asked for. I said, but the kids need to have something to give you!! So he asked for a six pack of Cougars and bacon and eggs for brekkie

Damn, looks like I'll be needing a shave

Simone, OL at Xander, he just wants to kiss your ouchies better

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Trish... yeah... I guess there's always sexual favours. I could make up one of those "free pass" cards! I've done that before!! hahahaha

Maybe you could make him a daddy again on the night Noah was concieved the weekend of Fathers Day and was born the weekend of Mothers Day
    A present for both of us!!!

We got Wato a Guitar!! It's an electric acoustic... so he is a happy daddy!! Of course he didn't wait until fathers day for it!!

LOL at Xander kissing mummies boobies... I feel a bit uncomfy when Emily wants to have a feel... But I don't want he to think its dirty or anything so I pretend it doesn't bother me... is that weird??

Trish... Of course he has to draw daddy's doodle!! LOL!!

Fiona... what will be even funnier is if I have another girl after all this darn effort!! Oh well... I obviously want another baby regardless so thems the breaks!

Wato and Emily have gone to visit his bro for the night I like only having one to put to bed.

TL
    Tanya

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast