Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #4

Em, it's a new one, I saw one of the other Mums with one from that website and I thought they were cute.

Hope Abby's stopped chucking a fit now and is fed and happy!

Yes, she had a feed and went to sleep... for 20 mins!!! shes been playing on the floor but is demanding more now...

I might look into changing my ticker later on when i have this baby sorted out. I did about 30 mins of practice on the bass.. im sooo hopeless! im going to suck on friday. Oh well, Im just doing it for fun, ive been out of music for so long now that i dont expect to be up to scratch this time, but its been great anyway, as its made me get back into it and given me something to do- other than clean the house that is!! (hence its a mess!! hehe) k, gotta run....

Hi all, I hope everything is going well for everyone and their families.
    Well, I am taking DS#1 (Archer) to preschool for an hour tomorrow, (28th July) to meet the teachers and have a sticky around. If things go well I will be taking him for his first day on Monday, 31st. How exciting but scary!
    I have a UTI, I am so sick of getting them, they have been coming and going ever since I had Cailan. I have been taking some Ethical Nutrients UT support but I don't think they are really helping much. I have also been taking cranberry because it is supposed to help too but I don't think it is either.
    I have 7 hours to build up on my learners permit ( I know 22 and no licence - pathetic hey!) then I can go for my DART and whooppee I can drive unsupervised! Well thats if I pass the test .
    Not much else from me today, I hope everyone is happy and healthy. Speaking of which, Jen, how is Sharon and her Dad?
    Last edited by jimssteph21; July 27th, 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Oooooo - I'm so excited, Lucy sat unsupported for a good 10 seconds or so for the first time!!

I was demonstrating to a friend yesterday how she was all wobbly but getting better on my knee without me holding her or her leaning against me and I took my hands away expecting her to fall to the side - and she didn't! She sat there for ages!! I showed DP that evening and same again, even better. Today I sat her on the change table and sure enough, she can hold herself steady for a little while before she overbalances! I think she likes the view from a sitting position 'cause she reaches towards her toys after a bit.

Sorry, proud Mummy moment I just had to share!

LOL Jen. Yay for Lucy! I prop Tallon up a lot these days with cushions, coz he loves to sit. When he's on my lap i just have my hand behind him. I haven't really thought about it actually. hehe.

Well.. I'll be taking Tallon for his next lot of needles next week not looking forward to it, since he was out of sorts for a couple of days last time.

Oh.. and the antenatal class reunion was great! Met all the bubbas, and heard all the labour stories. It's amazing you know.. only 2 spontaneous natural labours.. the rest were induced ending in ceasarian! And only 3 of us are still breastfeeding.

Well.. only time for a quick visit tonight.. sorry guys. Will catch up later tho!

Hey all...

Jen- yay on Lucy sitting up. What a clever little girl! Abs sits supported, Tim had her on his knee and aparently she was sitting by her slef, but by the time i got there he was holding her again....so i missed it.

Well, I had a total melt down yesterday. Crazy stuff. Ive said id play in a netball team and ive commited myself to play in the band i auditioned for (I got it! ha!). Tim and i were talking about TTC no2 and decided we would go ahead.... yay! went into the lounge... burst into tears, freaked out, scared and worried and excited, then started thinking that if i have my italian class on a monday, netabll on thursday and band on friday that i must be the worst mum in the world, spending so much time away from her. then i thought that maybe i neglect her as she had what i think was a bit of nappy rash and some dry skin on her sweet little head... i just could not stop crying. Then Tim admitted that he still thinks about some of the feelings we had while pregnant with abby and he is scared that its all he is going to think about if we get pregnant again. realised that we have so much that we still have to deal with so im going to ask the child health nurse for some advice on someone we can both go and talk to so that we can put everythign behind us once and for all. I just didnt realise what a big deal it all was, it was just normal for us but obviously its still effecting us today... obviously not ready for number 2! thats for sure.

Does anyone else feel guilty for spending time out of the home?

OMG Em - TTC#2 already! You guys are brave to even be thinking about it! It's completely understandable that it's a scary prospect given the dramas you had with your pg. Probably a good idea to put it behind you before getting pg again so that it doesn't stress you out for the next baby. It's a testament to your parenting of Abby that you're enjoying her so much you want to have another so I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about! As for me, I have spent a total of 2 hours away from Lucy since she's been born so I don't have the guilts about that, but I have the guilts about whether I'm doing a million other things right/wrong so I'm sure it just goes with the territory!

Ivana - how many were in your antenatal class? Seems a shame that so many missed a natural delivery and bf. In my antenatal class I know of four others that ended up with a c/s (one failed to progress when induced 10 days over, one was an emergency at 9 cm, one had a HUGE baby and ended up in emergency c/s, not sure about the last). There were three other couples and I'm not sure how they went. Still, at best that's 3/8 in our class that might have had natural deliveries. Not sure on the bf front from my class, but in my mothers' group of 7, 6 of us are still bf and the only one who isn't had twins and bf for a while, until one of the twins was losing so much weight she dropped below her birthweight by a month old. I think that's pretty good going and we've definitely had to support each other through some tough bf times in the process.

Steph - hope your UTI is clearing up. They are awful, aren't they. I've only ever had a couple and one ended up in a kidney infection, so take care of yourself and make sure it doesn't get worse. I haven't spoken to Sharon for ages, you've reminded me to give her a call!

Lucy is practising sitting on the floor and getting so much better. Only a few seconds at a time completely unsupported, but on the change table or my lap she can last for ages. I think it's harder on the floor 'cause she keeps trying to look up and around at me! I put her under her play gym today and she wriggled half way around as well. She's been arching her back and swiveling her hips like she's getting ready to roll over the other way now too. Makes it very difficult to change her nappy!

Oh, and I'm a bit scared. It's been 2 weeks and 2 days and counting since she last had a dirty nappy... Anyone want to come over for a couple of days? I'm scared to go out!

hi everyone I hope you're all well and your bubs too.
    Em, you shouldn't feel guilty about having some time for you. I think that if you get a break when you need it its easier to deal with all the stress and worry that comes with being a parent. We're all differant so some of us need more time than others and you need to find the balance that suits you.

I wanted to write more but I think Yasin is waking up.
    Imran rolled from back to front on saturday!!!

Yay Imran!!! Chloe, you're so right about everyone being different and even though I haven't had hardly any time away from Lucy I am starting to feel like I am ready to. It would be easier if DP had a bit more confidence and I wasn't unsure about how he'd cope with getting her to sleep. He's good at most things, but not much good at settling...

Hey guys

Emz - wow.. what an emotional day you had! Good idea to seek some advice about coping with the next pg because of the stress of the last one. You want to enjoy TTC and pg, for all your sakes

I've had the guilts a bit about leaving Tallon. Being a bookkeeper, July was a really busy month for me, and I was in tears with being so tired with work, and seeing Tallon so distressed because I wasn't settling him, mum was.. or having DH telling me to get home coz he couldn't settle him. It was really hard to hear him so distressed. He's a real mummy's boy, and boy did it show last month Anyway.. I've officially told all my clients that I'm finishing up unless I can do their work from home. So I've done the financial year for them and that's it. Workload should ease up now.

But I definitely think time out is important. I plan to leave Tallon with mum hopefully some time this week so that DH & I can actually go out and do something together!

Jen - I think we had 10 couples in our class. It was funny tho.. coz all I could think of all night was what Kelly (BellyBelly) keeps saying about inductions and c/s. hehe. It's so true.

And Chloe - yay for Imran! Tallon hasn't rolled from front to back again for a while now.. lazy little thing.. so I think it'll be a while to get from back to front! hehe.

I haven't tried sitting Tallon on the floor yet.. he sits pretty well on our laps, and is forever pushing up to stand up if I hold his hands. I hope he's not gonna be a bub that just gets up and walks without crawling! He isn't fond of tummy time, so I don't see how he's gonna learn to crawl! LOL.

Tallon is really unsettled today.. very clingy.. and actually refused the boob! OMG.. that NEVER happens! I gave him some panadol.. coz he's crying like he's in pain all the time today. The fact he refused to drink, and he screams if I put a dummy in his mouth, I figured it could be his teeth. He's having an unsettled sleep right now poor little man. Hope he's not coming down with anything. His skin has cleared right up I'm glad to say. Makes me wonder if it was eczema, or just a bad spell of dry skin. It's like it's all peeled off, and is back to normal!

Hi All.

Jen ~ My UTI is clearing up thank goodness. Lucy seems to be going ahead in leaps and bounds. Cailan hasn't rolled for about 1 1/2 weeks. Too lazy I think. Lucy looks like she likes the camera from that picture!

Ems ~ Give your self a break. You do not have to be with your baby 24/7 to be a good mum. I have had to come to terms with that myself. We are BETTER parents when we have had a timeout. We have destressed and the more relaxed we are the better the baby. It is not like you are palming Abby off every chance you get. I know a girl who hardly ever has her daughter with her. She goes away for weekends and leaves her, it is like she doesn't even have a child sometimes. Congrats by the way on getting into that band!

Ivana ~ I hear you onthe unsettled thing! Cailan has been staying awake til 1am almost everynight, crying and grizzling. I think it is his teeth. It is exhausting. Tallon is so beautiful. I love his eyes. What colour are they?

Dach ~ Its so great that Imran is rolling. How is Yasin going being the big boy now? Are you planning on anymore or stopping at the two?

Archer is having his second day at preschool today. He had his first on Monday, I think he really enjoyed it. He didn't really interact with the other kids but I think he will once he gets used to going. The speech therapist thinks it will really help him going to preschool. He only goes from 9am to 1pm, Mondays and Wednesdays but she said it will be great for his speech. They take the kids from 3 - 5 at this preschool, I went to the same one but back then they only did 4 and 5. Braxton and Cailan are both alseep so it is a quiet morning, I should get in and do some more housework now. Take care everyone and I hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Oh darn, I just had a whole post and lost it!

Steph - how did Archer go at preschool? How did you go taking him along? I think I'll cry when I take Lucy to preschool for the first time! I hope Cailan is more settled today, you poor thing being up until 1 am with him. Lucy has only just started smiling for the camera, before the weekend she would only smile at me! I took some great pics of her in a party hat with a balloon yesterday. I'm using them in a photo card for my sister's birthday. Only it's very hard to get her to smile and sit still at the same time!

Ivana - glad to hear Tallon's skin has cleared up. I think lots of babies get dry skin in winter time, so maybe that's all it was. I hope you had a better night with him and he isn't in pain today. Sometimes I think Lucy has a bad day just 'because', a bit like me! But her worst days have been when she is coming down with something, I've noticed. I hope his teeth come through or leave him alone!

Well, Lucy went for 17 days without a dirty nappy until yesterday and that was a shocker. She's had another dirty one this morning, obviously clearing the system out! And unbelievably she's having a 2 hr nap this morning (always has one in the afteroon, so I can only hope she does both!). Thankfully she's stopped waking during the night for reassurance and is going 9 hrs or more after her feed at 7:30pm. She rolled to her side from her back this morning, so it can't be long until she goes all the way to her front. She moves her legs so much when she's doing tummy time I'm sure she's about to take off!

Hope everyone else is doing well and will be online again soon!

Hi girls,

Sorry i have been MIA but i have been really busy as my Grandma passed away very early Tuesday morning so i have been on the phone to mum and dad (who are holidaying o/seas) and taking care of the essentials thay had put into place before they left if something was to happen to her. Thankfully she was sleeping and it was very peaceful. It broke my heart though having to ring mum to tell her and then ringing my Grandma's brother and 2 sister in laws to tell them. We will have a memorial service for her when mum and dad come home early september.

Now to happier news.......I took Liam for a check up at the CFHC to talk about solids and his next immunisation date and to be weighed etc. He had only put on 250gms (now 5.3kg) in 6 weeks but had gotten longer (61cm) and his head had grown(40.5cm). So she said to definately start the solids now even if he drops back to 4 b/f's that will be ok. So we started with a desert spoon of cereal and added the water and some potato for flavour, cause the other day he had some cereal but he was not 100% enjoying it so i thought some flavour would be good and he loved it. Hopefully this will help to bulk him up a bit more. It took me a while to realise but i remember when Brad was little we were told to start solids at 4 months so that is prob why he looks so much chubbier and bigger in his photos compared to Liam now. The CFHC nurse did Liams 6-8month check while i was there and asked all the Q's. I had just finished telling her he still didn't really like tummy time and was still not rolling then whilst i was redressing him the cheeky little monkey rolled twice from his tummy to his back .......and hasn't done it since .

I am looking onto getting Brad's hearing checked. He has started to talk really loud and says his ears are blocked. I am not sure it this is because his nose is still runny/blocked and effecting his ears or not, but i have made the appointment so hopefuuly it will get better as his cold goes and then the assesment can tell us is it was just the cold or it actually is his hearing.

It has taken three months ( ) but apparently our house plans have been sent to council either yesterday ot today. So hopefully we should be all good to start building in October by the time it gets out of council and back through the builders system.

Well thats my news, I hope you are all well and the kiddies are behaving themselves. Take care!

Loved the photo Emz, Abby is so cute!

Bessi Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I've been offline for a while too but reading all of your posts when they're emailed to me each day!
    Kas - Glad Liam's doing well on the solids, Zeke loves them too it was a winner to put him on solids he is back to being his old self a content little man! He wasn't too keen on the plain cereal either but prefers it with a bit of fruit puree in it. I hope Brad's hearing is OK. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.
    Emz - I think it's great that you are doing things that you want to do, don't feel bad for that. It's good for your kids to see that you are important too and that you are a whole person who has a life and interests beyond them. I'm sure you are a wonderful mother and will be able to really make the most of your time with Abby and enjoy being with her because you know you also have some timeout each week for you. We're so quick to beat ourselves up as parents aren't we - I always do the same thing if anythings wrong I automatically think "what have I done wrong, or different that might have made this happen?" I think all of our kids sound like they're getting lots of love and laughter from their parents and surely that's a good thing!

Kas - so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can imagine how hard that phonecall to your parents would have been I hope all the arrangements go smoothly for her memorial service and things.

Jen - just had a peek at your photos Have you turned Lucy around in the car already? I can't remember when we're supposed to turn our seat around.. I thought it wasn't until about 8 or 9kg... I'm sure he'll love it when we do.. he's trying to sit up more in his seat now.. always lifting his head. But then he always falls asleep in the car.. I'll miss him lying down in the car! hehe. And she's in a highchair already! LOL. wow! we don't even HAVE a highchair yet!

I read your post about solids too Jen. I don't know when to start him. He's looking really interested.. but then he's interested in everything at the moment. He sat here typing on my keyboard just now.. it was so cute! LOL. The way he was holding himself up on my lap leaning on the desk makes me want to get him a little activity table to sit at. I think he'd love it.

Well Tallon is still only rolling onto his side from his back and lying there playing on his side. He's done this for a while, and can't seem to quite get over that arm that's in the way! hehe. He's rolled a couple of times again from his tummy, but not always. He actually launched himself forward last night on his tummy! I was surprised!

Hope you're all having a good weekend. We've been looking at houses this morning, we've decided we want to move, we're sick of this place being for sale and having people shown through, plus it gets so hot upstairs in summer that I dont' really want to stay anyway. It's hard to find a place with a good sized room for our office tho Think we'll have to push mum into finding out whether we can build behind her or not. If we can get that underway, then it doesn't really matter where we live in the mean time.

Catch up later!

Hi all

Kas - I'm so sorry about your Grandma. You poor thing having to make all the arrangements yourself too, with your parents overseas. Your Mum must be really upset (it was her Mum wasn't it?). How exciting to be thinking about starting your house soon! Sounds like Liam is still a littlie, at least Lucy won't be the only shortie in this group!

Bessi - you're so right about beating ourselves up as parents. That whole motherguilt thing was so new to me! I wonder if I'm doing the right thing or the wrong thing about just about every decision there is to be made. I guess we can only do our best and love, love, love them!

Ivana - No, we haven't turned Lucy in the car yet, the photos actually from in her capsule, just with me looking down. She has one of those head snuggly things in the capsule, makes it look more comfortable. We have the car seat in my car (which she much prefers) but it's still reversed. Lucy tries to sit up every time I put her in a semi-reclined position as well. She pulls herself forward and strains not to be laid back. As for the high chair, well, we put her in it occasionally so she can get used to it and play while I need my hands free. And as you can see, she's kinda 'lost' in it still! Like you say too, Lucy is interested in everything we do and the ABA counsellor I spoke to told me that this alone wasn't enough to think she was ready to start solids. Yay on Tallon almost rolling over back to front!! Good luck on the house hunting. We're thinking about it in the New Year. Not excited about moving, but sick of not having enough space here as well.

Lucy had some great tummy time today, she was there for almost half an hour looking around and kicking her legs. I think she'd like to move but hasn't quite figured out how. And she's back to dirty nappies more frequently now. She went for 17 days without a dirty nappy until Wednesday and it's been about one a day since, very unusual for her. I have to get used to it again!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Hey everyone...

Kas- glad you liked the pic.

thanks for the support ladies...as usual!!!! You all musty be getting a bit sick of me by now! To clarify- no, after that eppisode, we are NOT going to TTC!!! (ever! haha only kidding)

Anyway, Abbykins is doing some great things! Shes Rolling from back to front more often and she loves playing on her side now too. She is chewing on things like mad, mostly her finger which goes all red and looks a bit sore actually. Her fav toy at the moment is 3 linked rings! I got them to make her toys a bit lower on her play mat, but she adores playing with the left over rings. Its so funnny. She wants to put them in her mouth, so in they go, then out and down by her side, then back up and in. She does it so fast and has started hitting her self in the head or cheek or nose- where ever they land- really hard. I got her some soft teething rings as they wont hurt as much.

Does anyones baby have any teeth? Can you see any teeth? Tim and I think we can see two front bottom teeth? We are going to mums today so ill ask her. We went out for lunch on saturday, Tim was holding her and she started chewing on his finger... well after a while Tim said it was hurting him (she looked like a razzed up puppy chewing and making funny noises) anyway, he took his hand away and she screamed like she was hurt or something! she went off her head. Lucky i had some rings in her bag. We never leave home without something to chew on now! She also grabs her dummy and pulls it to the side kindof and chews it that way.

Anyway... ive gone on enough. I havent been on for a while so im not upto date. Will do that later on tonight. I hope everyone is doing well, and i hope all the babies are happy and being good little bubbas.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast