Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #5

Dach ~ Where to start?! I needed to have my tubes tied, falling pregnant on the depo needle, the normal pill and the mini-pill made it a solid form of contraception, my OB thought it was a good idea aswell since I had the 3 children by c section so close together. This last pregnancy with Cailan was quite difficult, I was warned of the serious risk of rupture and monitered by my GP very closely, lots of bedrest/no lifting up DS1&2. I am feeling very hollow now. I think it is because I always wanted a very large family, around 5 or 6 was my ideal. I just don't feel whole, something is missing. It is not even the fact that I didn't have a girl as I am very happy with my boys, I just always pictured myself with a huge amount of children. Gender doesn't matter to me at all as long as they were healthy that was all I was worried about. That probably sounds so riduculous. Sorry that I have gone on and on. It is very hard to describe how I feel about it. Almost like there is nothing left of me, stopped short of all that I should bring to the world. No words can say it. It's almost like I don't even know myself what I am feeling. Sorry again. Congratulations on your clever little man Imran, he sounds like he is going to be a little adventurer. Was Yasin a fast developer?

Hi to all I have missed ~ I hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy. Hopefully i will do some more personals later.

Oh Steph - what a spot to find yourself in. Although I'm not in your situation I know we've discussed when we should make a big decision like having Anthony get a vasectomy and we've decided we'll wait until I'm about 45 and there is no way I should have another baby. And we don't really want a huge family, so I can only imagine how you're feeling right now! It was the right decision at the time for you, but I can understand questioning it now. No matter what happens from here, you're a wonderful Mum to your boys and they will always love you. I'm praying you end up with exactly the family you want...

Dach - yes, Lucy had her first swimming lesson on Monday! It was very exciting and she loved the 'big bath'. We didn't dunk her, the instructor says there isn't much point as they don't really learn to hold their breath unless you do it every day. They learn to hold their breath as they get a bit older on their own. Lucy was unhappy with being taken to demonstrate something though, didn't think that was a good idea at all! There are only a few other babies in the same class, two are from my Mothers' Group so we had a coffee afterwards.

Well, drama in our household. Is anyone else's DP behaving like they've had a personality transplant? He's gone from being positive, ambitious and excited about the future to this big negative thundercloud. My gf says her DH lost it when her first bubs turned about 7 mths as well, so I'm wondering if this is common? I don't even know who he has been the last couple of days!

I've just signed up a new client, 2 days work a week. The great thing about working for myself is that I'm picking the times/days (although fitting in with them) and they want me in their office for half of that. So I'm off for 2 afternoons a week from next week. My sister is coming down to stay with us and mind Lucy for the first couple of weeks and after that my gf and I are sorting out care between us. If it continues into next year I'll probably look at getting a nanny at home or something.

I just couldn't do one full day, so I split it into two afternoons. I can't bear the idea of being away from Lucy for more than a few hours and I don't think I'd do so well trying to express over a day. This way, I can feed her right before I go and as soon as I get home and the most she should need while I'm gone is one feed. I will just start expressing at night over the next week to put enough away for her. There's still some ebm in the freezer too. Apart from feeding, I'm devastated at the thought of her getting upset and wanting me and me not being there. If I don't think about it I might just be able to get through it next week!

Hi to everyone and hope you're all doing well.

Jen - I'm still considering dropping more clients than I already have! LOL. I'm really struggling with motivation more than anything for doing work. I have much more motivation for working on our other businesses, than doing books for other people. I hope you can get a routine going with Lucy's care while you're working. I'm sure you'll both be fine

We've booked in for swimming lessons! yay! First one is Wed 1 Nov at 10am. I'm looking forward to it! You were right Dach - coz I didnt' care which day, we got in straight away. I reckon 10am on Wed's is great! hehe. We could start next week, but I haven't got myself any swimmers yet, nor swimming nappies. So we'll start in November. Yay!

Haven't really got much of an update on Tallon, except that I reckon he's gonna crawl any day now. He lifts himself up like he's ready to launch forward (I put toys JUST out of reach hehehe and he gets frustrated) but I reckon he'll work it out soon. He can go backwards tho! LOL.

We have our 6-8 month check next week. I'm sure the nurse will frown upon our lack of rolling. Oh well. Hopefully she'll be impressed with his sitting. We don't need cushions anymore! yay! I occassionaly put them around him, especially if he's a bit tired, but he sat out on the grass today watching me hang out the washing, and was fine

Take care everyone!

Oh yeah, I forgot about our check up we had yesterday!

Lucy weighs 6.65 kgs now and is 68 cm long. So still on the light side, but up to the 50th centile for height. At least she's not going to be a shortie then! And she'd put on half a kg in the last month, a good rate. The MCHN said we can turn her car seat around too if we want to, as her mobility, etc, is fine. Lucy will love that!

Yay on getting Tallon into swimming lessons Liz and yay on him nearly crawling! I put Lucy on all fours yesterday and she stayed there, right up until she saw a toy, reached her hand out and planted herself face first onto the mat!

We've been tossing up whether to turn Tallon around too. But he sleeps so well inthe car facing backwards! hehe. I was looking at the carseat instructions, and you can keep them rear facing until about 12kg! I think that's what it said. Anyway.. it was a lot.

I think you can still recline the seat even facing forwards can't you? If we can, we might do that. Then I can take those rotten shades off the back window which make it hard to see! hehe.

Yeah, ours has a tilting thing at the front into a couple of positions, so I can lay her back a bit if she is going to sleep. I think I might leave it a little reclined even facing forwards 'cause she's used to it. Ours said 6 mths or 9 kgs.

Yeah, it says the same about when you can turn them around, but I was surprised how long you can leave them rear facing if you want to.

I turned Elizabeth already and she loves it. the car is so peaceful now. She just HATED the carseat before!

Jen13 ~ Thanks for your words, I appreciate it. Also thanks for your prayers, I am sure what is supposed to be will be. Swimming sounds like fun. As for your DP, I have no idea, my DH seems to be going the opposite, he is really surprising me. He is doting on Cailan more so than he did with the other two at this age, maybe because he is home more and getting to know him better. I hope things turn around for you. What do you do, as in your job? I have real trouble leaving my kids places for too long aswell, I don't think it ever changes, no matter how many you have or how old they get.

Liz ~ I had to laugh at my children's HN the yesterday. She was so concerned about Cailan not rolling from his belly to his back that she suggested strongly that he see the occupational therapist. Well we did that and the OT gave me some exercises to do. She saw me two weeks later (last Thursday) and she said, what a difference the exercises had made, as he was rolling all over the place. When she left I p**sed myself laughing because I only did the exercises twice in the 2 weeks between visits. Not that I didn't want ot see an improvement, I just thought it was a crock to be worrying about his rolling so much when it was only about 3 weeks that he had not reached the milestone by. Some babies just do things in their own time. The HN remarked to me yesterday that the OT was extremely pleased with Cailan's progress and that the visits to her paid off. Yeah right, he did it on his own, he just needed a little time. Tallon sounds like he is coming along nicely to me, Cailan isn't sitting up yet! But now within 2 weeks of him rolling properly he is shuffling himself along the floor further and further. The guidelines are just GUIDELINES afterall. Sorry if I cr*pped on too much.

I am definitely thinking of putting Cailan into the forward facing position, he is 8.8kgs and he can be turned when he is 9kgs. I would prefer to be able to see him as he sometimes gets spewy in the car and coughs and coughs, I can't see what is happening when he facing backwards. I am having a moving sale this weekend, not really looking forward to it because I have to get up at 5am. Then next weekend (28th/10) we pick up the truck and DH will drive it to Qld, then he will come back and then we leave on the 1st. So not long til I go offline for a while. I will miss all the news!

Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Liam is still rear facing in the car. I think i will wait till he puts on a bit more weight to turn him. I would just hate to turn him and for him to get hurt if we had an accident. He is still happy and i can see him in the baby mirror above him.
    I called into the chemist the other day to ask about Liams nose. I had noticed when printing out some photos of him that his nose and near his mouth was a really mild yellowy colour and thought jaundice or liver issues. Turns out he has just been having too many carrots and pumpkin in his dinners. Apparently the colour in them can tinge the skin colour. So needless to say i have cut down the qty in each meal of orange food and am only using one at each meal. I was told it should subside over a week or so!
    After weighing Liam at home last week he was 6.1kg i weighed him today and he was 6.3kg. So it would appear the food increase is working...Yippeeeee!

Thats all from here, take care.

Oh yeah......my boy clocked 8 months!!!!!!!! How time flies.
    Last edited by kas; October 19th, 2006 at 08:57 PM. Reason: spelling mistake that was annoying me!!

Kas ~ Wahoo for Liam putting on some weight, that is fantastic news. You are so right, it is hard to beleive that Liam is 8 months already! I hope he returns to a normal colour soon, I heard it can happen but never heard it happening IYKWIM, did you laugh when you realised? Hows the house plans?

Steph - as soon as i had told her and she asked me if Liam was on solids i nodded and said "oh, the orange food!?!?!?" I had also heard of it but the two just didn't mesh until she asked me. Thankfully it is just the button part of the nose as i think the colour around the mouth has subsided now. I guess we will just have to wait till it fades!! As for the house.....#@$%*#@!*^$#! i think that sums it for now. We are still waiting for our request for bushfire restrictions to be minimized, but thats not till a council meeting on monday. Hopefully after that we can start.....

How's everyones christmas shopping going? I am about half done. Not that the boys are getting that much...i don't see the point. I am looking at going back to work 2 shifts a week at the end of november so there is no way i am shopping and working in retail at the same time as xmas rush. At this point DH is working xmas day but trying his best to get out of it, which would be nice as this will be bradley's 6th xmas and he has already worked 4 of them plus my bro's family are home this year as they take it in turns between us and SIL's family is sydney so it be nice for us to be all together.

Thats all.

Kas - I am feeling frustrated for you with regards to your house. I really hope everything gets sorted soon and there are no more delays for you.
    Christmas shopping already!!!! It seems like the start of the year to me. I must admit we have bought the boys their 'share' present. We buy them a share present and two little personal presents. They really don't know what Christmas is anyway. I would rather not even celebrate it, but I know it was a special time for my family when I was young, I think it is the magical excitement that I will be doing it for.
    Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy.

Yippeeeee! Liam spent the night unwrapped for the first time and slept through till 9:30am from about 11pm. I was so worried he would wake through the night but he surprised me!!!!!

Could we be added to the list please??

Forum Name: RacOOooOOoon
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 17th March 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 1.14kgs - Length 37.5cms - Head Circ - 25cms
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Ronan
    Baby's Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/ronantoivonen
    Health Concerns: Born @ 27wks gestation - spent 110 days in NICU/SCN. Had Chronic Lung Disease, PDA & Hernia which was operated on before discharge.
    Notes: 4 months (corrected) - 7 months old (weight: 6.6kgs)

Hi RacOOooOOoon - can i call you Rac?
    Welcome to March Baby Buddies, it is great to have you both join us.

Congrats on the very early arrival of Ronan. I am glad to see he doing well. He is such a cutie.
    I had a quick look at Ronan's site. It appears he is a real trooper. I hope to get back to view the rest some time soon.

Anyways, welcome again to our sometimes busy and sometimes not baby group. I look forward to getting to know you both better.

Welcome Rac.........on. Ronan is so beautiful and such a blessing for you! Look forward to hearing about his early welcome into the world at 27 weeks.

Racca... Alexa is almost 8 months & 6 months corrected (born at 32 weeks 4 days), we had 65 days in Nicu due to IUGR & She only weighs 6.5kg now... Ronan is doing amazingly well...

Great job Mum!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast