Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #5

Hiya everyone..

Welcome to Rac and Ronan! What a cutie.

Well I did a long post the other day but as it was processing i clicked something and lost the bloody thing... so just a quick run down on Abby Apple-Cheeks

She is forward facing in the car, has been since we all had this discussion about the carseats last time, so i think it would be over a month. She loves facing forward. We had a few times where she fell asleep and slumped forward but now shes got it sorted and snuggles back and to the side IYKWIM.

Shes now on more chunky solids and loving it! She has even had banana and watermelon lumps (the size of 1/4 grape) and the thing that amazes me is how good she does chewing... i cant believe she just knew what to do! shes so clever.

Shes sitting up really well. Her fav thing to do is bounce.. and she does it any chance she gets.. when we are holding her, when shes sitting when we feed her. Its rather messy when she gets a good bounce up after a bottle tho!!! ewwww

Shes not crawling yet, but starting to get her but up in the air! She was "crawling" along the other day but her chest and side of her face was flat againts her matt, it looked so funny. Her legs were pushing her fat body along and she was just laughing so hard! very cute.

Think she is teething again, so im expecting a tooth to come thru at the top any day now. Shes been a little sooky some nights, but still sleeping thru mostly.

She had her needles a while ago and they really knocked her about. Not looking forward to the next lot if shes going to be like that. Her temp was up to 38.7 and she wouldnt sleep unless i was holding her!!

Thats about it really.... not talking!! Tho ive managed to get her to say Yesssss a couple of times the last 2 days... mainly because she souns like shes got a lisp with the sss sounds and i think its so funny and cute hahaha

well shes managed to roll across to the other side of the lounge and is now playing with my new skirt that i had there. Shes giving me those bed time grunts so im gonna go put her down.

Oh!! One cool thing, she now waves goodbye!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and all the babies are being cute and good!
    Last edited by lovemybubs; October 24th, 2006 at 01:00 PM.

Thankyou so much for the welcome ladies..

Kas - Of course you can call me Rac.. I know it's much easier than typing out the whole nick..

jimssteph21 - I will post a short story of his arrival very soon..

*mitch* - Alexa sounds like she is going really well too! It's a little bizzare having to deal with "corrected" ages isn't it? I know i confuse alot of people when i talk about his "corrected" and "real" age.. Did Alexa have many problems whilst in NICU/SCN?

emz - WoW sounds like Abby is going great guns and reaching all those milestones..

Heya guys Welcome Rac & Ronan!

Went to the nurse yesterday for his 6-8 month checkup. He now weighs 7.9kg clothed! She's not that concerned with the lack of rolling since I described his other movements. I said he's always on his tummy, spins around a lot, and is almost on the move, and he goes from sitting down to his tummy. She was worried that he just sits. But he certainly doesn't! hehe. But she said to keep encouraging him to roll, as it helps with the next stage - learning to sit himself up. So we'll see how he goes.

We start swimming lessons next week! yay! I'm so excited. Can't wait to see if he likes it. He takes his baths very seriously. LOL. He does some very 'serious' splashing. No giggles... unless I laugh first.. but he very seriously lifts his legs or arms up and sends them down with a splash.

We haven't turned the car seat around yet. There's no reason we can't really. I like him the way he is coz he drops straight off to sleep. hehe. It's funny tho, I found him slumped forward asleep the other day.. work that one out! LOL. So I needn't worry about him slumping in a forward facing seat, if he's managing to do it in the reclined rearfacing seat! LOL.

Kas - we're not wrapping anymore either. It's made no difference.. he still wakes up. LOL. Altho we had a great night last night. Didn't wake until 5am, and that was such a quick feed. The only catch is.. he was in our bed! LOL. He's been ending up in our bed lately, coz he's been so unsettled.. it's the only way we can all get some sleep. I'm gonna be a typical mother and blame teething.. he's been sooooo clingy the last few days, and really distressed if I'm not the one holding him. He's been chomping EVER so furiously, and dribbling like mad. So perhaps his teeth are on the move again, coz he's not usually like this. He's normally quiet and content. He's never been a screaming baby.

I'm hoping sleeping in our bed doesn't become too much of a habit! But it's kinda nice at the same time

Food - still same old pureed foods. Altho i fork mashed a pear the other day coz I ran out of food in the freezer, and he managed it ok, so we can probably start making it lumpier. I know if he has a jar of pureed food he doesn't know what to do with it, it's too runny. LOL. I have to thicken them up for him to realise its food.

Hope you're all well. Gotta go, he's woken up.
    btw.. I've updated our photo site

Hi girls

Soooo busy - too much to talk about right now.

Quick welcome to Rac and Ronan, I think you came in and introduced yourself a while back while Ronan was still in NICU too? I've been keeping up with his website - what a little trooper!

Hi to Liz and Em. Liz, sounds like you're the same as us - when Lucy's having a bad night she comes into bed as well. Both of us get a much better sleep then! Plus, I find it's only for one night every now and then. I kinda like the cuddles too...!

Must go, work to do. Lucy coped pretty well yesterday with me being gone from 11:30am until 4:30pm and has been completely weaned off bf during that time. She has two meals of solids and water instead and seems as happy as can be. Still has 6 bf throughout the day, so I'm sure she's getting plenty! Was tough to leave her yesterday though (my sister is staying), especially when I called and she was screaming in the background!

Hi emz - glad all is well with abby she will be crwling in no time at all. How cute of her to be able to wave. I tried to get Liam to do it but he just laughed every time i did it to him.

Liz - tallon is just so handsome!!!! I like cuddles in bed too! it doesn't happen that often as i don't sleep well as i am scared one of us squashing him. If he does it is usually once DH has gone to work and it's just me in bed. DH has been all to close to that situation with his work (unfortunately not a happy ending)and now is very adimit (?sp) that Liam does not sleep with us. Enjoy swimming lessons and hopefully it won't be too seriously taken.

Jen- its hard when you leave bubs with someone else and when you call them they are crying in the background. Trust me it gets easier.....but not much. i think it is a natural instinct kinda like if your milk starts flowing when bubs cries.

Liam is still no closer to crawling however he is sliding backwards all over the floor and when he sits he kind of shuffles forward on the mat so maybe he will bum shuffle before he crawls!
    He blabbers in sessions. Half the day he can be so quiet and other parts he just natters on and on and on.
    The only down side to sleeping unwrapped is that his hands are freezing when we go in to get him of a morning, so i am going to try the bonds sleeping bag suit thing i had for brad as it has the sleeves that fold into mittens...only prob he may not be able to get his dodda (dummy) by himself during the night. So i guess we will just see how it goes.

Must go and organise dinner, Brad had maccas so its just me and DH i need to organise for -but he is sick and therefore not at work so he prob won't want anything anyway. I guess i may get to have one of my fav chicken dishes that he doesn't like....Yippeeee.

Hi all you lovely ladies.

Well, my poor little Cailan has gotten the worst case of exzema the health nurse says she has ever seen. He is so upset all the time, scratching himself til he bleeds. It is so hard to see him like this. I have tried so many creams and oitments. I have just been told of a few things that worked for my cousins friend daughter and she has given me a few things to try so hopefully they will work. Not too sure if I can mention the creams and other stuffs names on here???
    I will going offline for the move very soon. Probably tomorrow will be my last day. I am not sure how long it will take though. I am going to miss out on so much news. I will have to spend days recapping!!!
    DH, Tony is picking up the truck from Taree on Saturday afternoon. The fellow from Thrifty was really good to us and gave us 12 free hours of travelling time. We will pack it Saturday night and then leave early Sunday morning. My brother is going up with him then they drive back on Monday. We leave as a family on Friday the 3rd. We probably won't get there until Sunday, we have never travelled 10 hours with the 3 boys yet so it is going to be an adventure.

I hope I can do some personals before I go offline, if not, everyone take care and be safe. I look forward to catching up with everyone soon!

Oh Steph. Poor Cailan. My DH makes soap, and being 100% natural ingredients we've had lots of people with problem skin say it's worked wonders coz commercial soaps etc like QV still irritate their skin. I'm happy to send you some to try in Cailan's bath if you like. My email is in my profile if you're interested.

I also recommend Medihoney Eczema cream. It's full of natural ingredients as well, and is actually available at the supermarket! We used this on Tallon when it looked like he had eczema, and it's done wonders, but seeing as his skin has never got that bad again, I'm wondering if it really was eczema or just a bad case of dry skin at the time.

I don't envy you moving. We've just done it ourselves. We now live with my mum while we decide our next move. hehe. Altho we certainly didnt' have to travel very far. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Like I said, let me know if you want to try the soap. Jennifer13 has used it

Kas - We think he's pretty handsome too LOL. Altho we're kinda biased Good news - Tallon just put himself to sleep in his cot! Well.. kinda. He woke up as I was putting him in there, and he started flipping out. I was thinking argh.. he really hates his cot.. anyway.. i go and talk to him quietly and stroke his cheek and he calms down. And he then quietly amuses himself for a while.. but I coudln't leave the room or he'd get upset, so I just pottered about folding clothes and things. Occassionally I'd go and stroke his face to give his sleepy eyes a hand hehehe.. and he finally went off! Hopefully its the beginnings of being able to put him to bed without necessarily feeding him to sleep!

Anyway.. I must go and put myself to bed. Night all!

Steph, poor little Cailan, it must be so hard for you to see him in such discomfort
    I've heard quite a few people say that rolled oats in a sock/stocking in the bath water really helps.
    There is a long thread about it here. Everyone seems to have something differant that works for them. I hope you find something soon.

I should be in bed. Yasin's 2nd birthday party is on saturady so I'm going to be flat out tomorrow organising everything.

Steph - I hope Cailin isn't too miserable with his exzema. We will miss you also, and i don't think i would to worried about catching up as from what i have seen we are fairly mellow in our postings....some of the other threads that started after us have flown past in thread counts! I hope the boys handle the long trip and that you travel safely. It must be exciting though, kinda like starting anew.

Liz - well done on Tallon behalf of getting himself to sleep. I hope it continues for you.

Dach - Best wishes for a happy birthday for Yasin. I hope you are not too exhausted by the end of the party after what i am sure will be a busy couple of days.

I have decided to try Liam on formula for his lunch time feed. Over the last week or so he has stuffed around and been on and off the bb the whole feed which is annoying and also i just don't think he is getting enough when he does this. He is aleep now so i am going to try when he gets up. The other reason for the bottle is that i spoke to my boss yesterday about going back in time for xmas trade (late nov) and will then stick with it - prob just 2 half days a week whilst Brad is at school and either DH or mum can watch Liam depending on DH's shifts. It is a bit sad, and i am hoping he will still continue to be bf morning and night and not decide that the bottle thing is better

Ok, i need to go steralize these bottles and i guess prob also the brest pump so i don't explode :eek:

Take care and i hope you all have a good weekend.

Hi girls

Dach - happy 2nd birthday to Yasin!! Can you believe how quickly he's growing up??

Steph - you're probably offline now so I'm sending heaps of easy-moving vibes and I hope poor little Cailan's ezcema is getting better.

I have so much work to do so I'm not going to post a long one, hi to everyone else. On our front, Lucy has started getting up onto all fours and just needs to put together what to do next. She wriggles around all over the place. She's been sitting for a couple of months, how long does it usually take in between sitting and walking? She loves facing forward in her car seat! Food has become great fun, she now takes whatever I give her quite happily. She loves drinking water out of a sippy cup, so she doesn't need a bf over the afternoon now (works well when I'm not there). She's still having about 6 bfs a day.

Have a great day!

Racca... We luckily had no probs while in NICU, Alexa was jsut little (mind you I had 3 steriod injections so that may have helped, I has a bleed 2 weeks before she was born & was in hospital for a week!).... It is wierd people do get confused with the age thing....

Dach... happy 2nd birthday to yasin.... wow time is flying by so fast.....

Steph.. i hope you can get Cailans eczema under control really soon, i have to use hydrocortisone & aqueous cream on Alexa...

Jenn.. Alexa has only just started sitting on her own (mind you she is only 6 1/2 months really), but she only rarely rolls from front to back, but wriggles all round, she has really strong legs but not that godd upper body stregnth!!!!

Oh I feel so bad for not giving you a big welcome Mitch!!! I was following you and Alexa when she arrived early and it sounds as though she's doing really well now.

Well we tried the formula bottle a few days ago as i mentioned and he only had about 100mls and lokked at the teat for a while, ate, chewed and so on. So from that i am guessing he just doesn't like to drink much over lunch. He has been a bit better with the b/f at lunch since then and yesterday we were out so i swapped his b/f and solids around and he was fine, so i think when i am at work he can just have solids firsts and then i will feed him when i get home. He is still sliding all over the floor and occassionally pulls a knee under but still can't do all fours. I am sure once he starts he will be off. I am guessing by xmas he will well and truley be at it.

Hope all are well

Kas - I must admit I haven't bothered too much with the solids after milk feed thing. hehe. I did at first, but after a while I just fed him solids whenever. It hasn't affected his milk intake at all.

It sounds like all our bubs are ready to take off! (I know some have already) Are we ready for it??? This place is by no means baby proof. Not really sure where to start! I know that the cabinet under the tv is going to be his toy cupboard, or at least an empty cupboard, coz we can't lock the doors on it.. they're those pushy/clicky ones. hehe. He's already worked out how to open them, so we'll have to take everything out.

Tallon is doing the cutest thing the last couple of days. If I'm -just- out of sight, he leans and tilts his head to look around the corner at me. It's so cute. LOL.

Not getting far on the talking front. We seem to get lots of high squeals, or low grunts. LOL. I ask him to talk nicely to me, and occassionally I get nice normal baby talk LOL, but I think he llikes his sound effects better. hehe.

We had a shocking night last night. He just wouldn't stay asleep. Tried the cot, tried our bed.. but he kept waking up. He fed an awful lot last night too, so maybe it's a growth spurt? I think his teeth are still moving around too, coz he was chomping furiously on a teething ring before sleep last night. Might give him some Brauer's before bed tonight, see if that makes a difference.

Mitch - sounds like Alexa is keeping up with the milestones well! Tallon's only been sitting for a little while now without needing cushions around him, altho we still occasionally land on our head reaching for toys. hehe. And rolling.. well.. if you've read older threads, you'll know that Tallon is NOT a roller. LOL. If I start him off, he rolls over just fine, but doesn't do it voluntarily that's for sure. But all his other movements on the floor are going great guns, so I'm not that worried.

Swimming tomorrow YAY!

Catch you girls later.

Wow what a hot day we have had today. Liam has only been in shorts since after lunch-would just have him in a anppy but cheeky little monkey undoes it at every opportunity .

Liam had another check up with the CFHC yesterday to see if all the extra food he was getting has helped to put on weight. Last time he put on 500gms over 2 months this time he put on 500gms in 1 month so he is doing much better on that front. He is now 6.35kg bare weight - Head 41cm and length 64cm (2cm more than a month ago) She commented that his head has always grown with a nice curve, his weight on and off but commented that his length has not continued to grow in proportion with everything else. I am sure it varies on the result depending on who measures him and how far they stretch him. Anyway, I must have had a worried look on my face until she said it was nothing she was immediatly and overly concerned with . But she did ask if there were little people in our families! I told her we were all of average heights and didn't think anything of it till my MIL said what about my BIL - he has a chromosone disorder that comes accross as Down Syndrome but it isn't, and is of small stature. This worried me for a second until i though that no medical staff at anytime had mentioned anything to elude to this nature and the fact that he is reaching all of his milestones etc. So the CFHC lady suggested to get a referal to a Pead. (like the last one said too) just to rule out any reason for his height. So i have booked him in to our GP which i need to to get the referal, but if he doesn't think there is a need to go to a Pead. i will not worry about it. I think the CFHC ladies just like to cover their backsides - and that is understandable. Besides i looked up Bradley's blue book. Both boys were the same birth length, brad a few oz heavier and a slightly bigger head and at the same age Liam is now he was 67cm in length- 3cm different! Should i really be doing my head in over this?!?!?! Prob not. i just want to go to the docs and be told not to worry . Mind you i couldn't get an appointment foe a fortnight....too bad if you were sick!

Other than that.........we are all well. We have DH's niece's 2nd b'day on sat. and then we are heading of to sydney o/night to visit DH's aunty and uncle (DH and uncle are great mates more than Uncle and nephew) so the boys can all have a catch up and play and his aunty and i can relax and talk. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and has been having treatment so we haven't been able to catch up as much as usual except for a quick phone chat. It should be nice to see them and enjoy each others company.

My boss called today to check what days Brad is at preschool so she could put me on the roster......i hope its not too often, i just don't know if i will end up with too much work leading up to xmas that i can't manage everything .

OK, thats all from me. i hope you are all well and i will chat again soon

Hi girls

Just popping in quickly before I have to get back to working (somehow, Lucy hasn't gone down for a nap yet so I'm kinda watching her too).

This working in the city two afternoons a week takes a much bigger chunk out of my time than I thought it would. I'm doing a lot more from home too. Lucy seems to be happy to be looked after by my friends, especially since they have bubbas she can play with. I didn't leave enough food for her yeserday though! Can't believe how much she's now eating! She had half of one of her vegemite toast fingers this morning, the most she's ever had.

She's also rocking herself on all fours and generally wriggling around in a more purposeful manner. She gets really excited if I'm sitting a little away from her and tries to get going. So far she's only succeeded in going backwards LOL!

I'm fairly sure she has two front teeth coming through on the bottom. The gums are now sitting higher and it feels really hard just under the surface. She's also just started chewing on her thumb (and anything else she can get in there) like she did when she first discovered putting things in her mouth.

Better go, it's now nap time. Sorry for no personals. I'll try and pop back later!

Hey guys

Well, swimming was fun on Wednesday! Tallon showed no emotion either way, so he neither loved it nor hated it. LOL. We did some laps of the pool, then we did them again with floaties on.. and of course he just chomped on them the whole time. Then we did humpty dumpty off a mat, and after a few goes, we dunked him! hehe. He did really well, and now closes his eyes when we 'jump' him into the water.

Food - we're onto the chunky stuff! He gets lazy with it tho after 1/2 way thru, so the whole meal isn't chunky yet. They're so clever tho, knowing to chew (even if it is only with gums LOL). Tonight he sat at the table with us (we just bought a portable booster seat/highchair thingy) and he ate my dinner! LOL. We had a roast, so he had some of my potato and brocolli, and even had some meat! Only a little bit tho. The lamb was soooooo tender, it was easy to make it kinda mushy. We also tried teething rusks yesterday, and they were a big hit.

Well, we finally turned his carseat around today, so we'll see how he goes tomorrow. Everything seems to be moving along so quickly now, he's a real little boy now.

Must go.. he's waking up AGAIN. Having a few sleep probs these days.

Cya!

Hi girls

Liz - how did Tallon go with the car seat turned around? Lucy's a bit like that with her swimming lessons too, I think once she's used to it she'll be a lot better. As for sleeping, Lucy has just gotten past a couple of appalling weeks where she would wake up several times a night for no reason and settle in seconds - but still after I had gotten out of bed to go to her! Was wearing me out no end. Thank goodness she's been better for about half a week and this morning even slept until almost 5 am before wanting her first feed.

Hi Kas, how are Liam and Brad going? Are you going to be rostered on to work much?

Mitch - I think even sitting on her own is good, let alone for her adjusted age! Lucy is the only one in my (relatively small) mothers' group that could sit before 6 mths and some of the others still aren't.

Well, Lucy managed to figure out how to sit herself up from lying on her belly/on all fours today! She can also push her whole bottom up in the air and stand on her toes and hands, not quite sure where that came from. Watching her figure it all out I think she'll have crawling mastered soon. At least with all of the activity she's managing to go forwards instead of backwards today! A toddler threw a toy at swimming today and whacked her on the head, she's got a lump now. She screamed too, but she was tired by then. Guess she's going to have to get used to the rough and tumble of playing with other kids, she loves being with them so much.

We are getting ready for her christening on Sunday, Mum is coming to stay on Friday night and we have about 24 ppl (not counting the 6 or so kids) who've RSVPed. (Seriously annoyed with the ones that didn't RSVP and they'd better not turn up on the day!).

Hope everyone else is doing well. Must get a bit of work done now...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast