Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #10

Yep - Emy is driving me bonkers! Absolutely will not go to sleep on her own - has been staying awake until 9-10pm, while I try to get her to go to sleep, and even then it is when i finallly give up from exhaustion, and lie down on the couch with her, and she falls asleep lying on my chest/stomach. But even then I have to wait until she deeply asleep to be able to put her in the cot or she wakes up again, and kind of flails her arms and legs about while i am putting her down like she is looking for a hand hold or something. She has also been waking up in the wee hours of the morning, and again not going back to sleep. I have tried going in to her quickly, and trying to get the dummy in (she used to just turn her head and go back to sleep after the dummy was in), but she won't have a bar of it. Have tried standing there, dummy in, patting her and ssshhh-ing, but once she sees me she just cries louder and stronger. The only thing that will get her back to sleep is to pick her up and give her a cuddle, and wait till she is deep asleep again before I put her back down. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo exhausting! I don't think I was this tired when she was new born... I'm putting it down to a combination of having a cold and getting teeth - but I wish it would pass! She used to go to bed at 7ish, put herself to sleep, sleep all the way through, and then wake up at 8ish. I want those days back again!

Rachel - bummer about Af returning... Because I have cut back my BFing to 2 in the morning, I'm expecting to get mine any time soon, but I really don't want it! I was kind of wanting it, because we were thinking of TTC again soon, but then the other day I saw the GP, and he said to lose 10-15 kg before I do or I am risking way too many things (diabetes, renal failure, stroke etc) if I gain preggie weight on top of the weight I already have. So now I have decided that one Emy is fully weaned (and if she keeps up the biting it will be soon! She drew blood the other day! BIg meanie bully...), then I am going to do the Tony Ferguson thing. I have tried to lose weight before on my own, and it is just impossible, so I need something to help me, and Tony is the guy for me!

Need my morning coffee now...

Love to you all!

Hey - new photo's on my photobucket!
    And hopefully tonight will put new photo's up off our new car (well 2nd hand but new to us)

aww Cassie the new pics of Izzy are so cute. She looks like she loves swimming.

ok well I just uploaded a whole lot of new photos of Claire! She's looking more and more like DH every day!

ALi, Claire has nights like that too. Its frustrating! Claire slept alright last night though. I think she slept for about 3 hours continuously, which is pretty good for her! Our record is about 4 hours. Usualy she wakes every two or so hours and goes back to sleep straight away if I come to her with boobie.

I've just applied for a job today. Hopefully they will call me back during the week. Its for a casual receptionist in the evenings at a GP clinic nearby. The job ad didnt have lots of information in it, not even a phone number, but from the sounds of it and after some research I am pretty sure it is a brand new after hours GP clinic attached to the local public hospital but independent from it and not actually run by the hospital. It took me sooo long to write my resume, so I really hope they at least call me!

Argh DH out all day again today. So its just me and Claire today. She is having a sleep now so I've got some Karina time now.

Hi everyone, sounds like you've all been busy with TEETH! LOL

Ali, S rejected me a few days ago and I wondered whether he was weaning himself, but then I got AF the next day, so that'll be why. Maybe this could be a reason for you? That reminds me I might go and chat to our GP about TTC too. I finish this repeat of the pill in a few days and I'm considering not getting the next script filled. We wanted to start trying at the beginning of the year anyway... but I want to have a breast exam (well, "want" is probably too strong a word!) I mean, I should probably have one.

Karina did you find your baby bjorn? Your poor SIL having all that pain, fingers crossed for the baby, hope everything is OK now the appendix is out. Good luck for the job!

Sarah, good luck for your job, 2 days sounds like a good idea. I got a call on Friday from a teacher I've done relief for - she's taking next year off and wanted to know if I wanted her job for the year. It's quite tempting but it's a long way to drive everyday, so M and I talked for ages about it, and I'm going to call her and say that I can work two days and that's it, otherwise fuel plus daycare is too much (and I just don't want to spend all that time away from Sebastian!)

Cass, wow, I can't believe how many words Izzy can say, S says lots of sounds but no real words as yet. I scared him too recently, something was funny on the TV and I laughed really loud and he just looked at me like this: and burst into tears! Obviously he didn't find it funny!

Caro, checked out your website, Michael is a cutie, glad he enjoyed his christening. Have you settled in to your new place? Hope you get some good results back from your tests soon.

Rachel, I laugh at Sebastian too heh heh, I'm a meanie as well. He's rocking on his hands and knees, and rolling everywhere still.

We borrowed a Jolly Jumper from a friend, put him in it today because I was concerned he wasn't really trying to push down on his legs, and he's so heavy (8.3kg when we went for 8 mth check) I find it hard to hold him up to encourage him to do it. After a while where he looked a little concerned, he really got into it! So am going to try and get him into it everyday for a while. He exercises his legs and really pushes himself about, so fingers crossed it will help a bit.

Settlement for the house is 17th Dec, but I rang the settlement agent and asked if we could have it before the weekend (14th Dec); she said the sellers want to get it done asap so hopefully things will work well. I can't wait.

I'm trying to finish my NaNoWriMo and I'm so behind! Google it if you haven't heard of it, basically you commit to writing a novel in the month of November. Crazy, yes, but hey.

Well, it's 9.30 so I guess I'd better start thinking about bed as S will be up at 5 tomorrow (yawn!) Maybe I can convince DH to get up with him and I can have a sleep in...

Hey all~ got photo oh our new car! Its a FORD!!!
    But it is going back to the people on Wednesday to get roadworthedy! They have let us drove of with kids in the car in an unroadworthy car! i am soooo pist off! Going in there on monday to rev them up! takin it to my mechanic today to get him to look over it and do a proper inspection! i can't believe they have botched it up! And i have no idea what i should be doing? ? ? <... advice needed please!

its been a really long day so going to bed now night all` will fill you more in later. sorry for not doing personals!

Hi all

Cass - OMG about the car. Hope you can get it sorted out and it doesn't end up costing more

Sasha - good to hear from you! Hope you can get a place a bit closer yo home for you. I'm a bit peeved as I am actually employeed at a school around the corner but rather than find someone to job share with me they would prefer I slip into this pre-existing one 20 min away

Argh did a quick post last night but it hasn't shown up, can't even remeber what I wrote. grrr. I'm so frustrated at the moment AF is over a week late? did a HPt and was a resounding negative so I guess I just have to wait. Typical, i finally start taking notice of when she is due and she doesn't show up on time. Ari can now say dada (xander) dadee (daddy) and generally just babbles on in her own little language which is incrediably cute.

Karina - oh good luck with the job!!!! Have you heard anything yet? Are you still thinking of doing uni next year?
    Last edited by ~Saram~; November 21st, 2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: whoops turns out it did post last night afterall - sorry

Sarah, thanks for the luck! I havent heard bck about the job. I told my mum about the job and she said she knows the guy who is the manager there, and she said he often takes a really long time to call people back about anything. I am going to call him on friday if I havent heard back by then. My mum seems to know everyone - its really quite scary. I would still like to do uni next year but I had to do STAT to apply for uni (my TER is too old and too low for entry into uni) and I did spectacularly crap in it so I dont think I will get in! If I dont get in, I found a TAFE course that I am considering applying for. How cute how Ari is saying dadee and dada. Is she saying mumma? Claire is just babbling in her own language, no actual words yet, but she knows her own name and responds to it. She just blows raspberries at me when I try to teach her how to say mum!

Cass, how crappy about the car! That is surely illegal - they cant sell you a car telling you its roadworthy when it isnt! Have you taken it back and told them off? Did you buy it from a dealership or privately? Argh thats just disgusting of them. Cant believe they let you drive off with three kids in the car knowing full well there were problems with it! If you get no joy from them maybe you can call Fair Trading and see what they say?

Bec, good to hear from you! I still cant find my Baby bjorn. I think I must have dropped it while I was in the shopping centre or something. I called the lost property there but they said it wasnt handed in. oh well! Woohoo only a few more weeks till your settlement! hopefully they can make it earlier for you - it would be nice to be in and settled and unpacked by Xmas. Good luck with your NaNoWriMo - I soooo wouldnt be able to do that. I am way to disorganised! SIL is ok - back home now but still in pain. Turns out there was some issue with the appendix and they werent able to take it out without damaging her bowel so they left it in and have decided to treat her with antibiotics instead. Hopefully she'll be ok, and her bub is going to be ok too, she is about 7 weeks pregnant.

Well I am sitting here absolutely melting! Cant believe how hot it is today. The weather forecast says its going to rain tomorrow which is a bit of a bummer as our Mums Group were planning on taking our bubs to the Aquarium. Not the best day to be getting on a ferry and going to the aquarium! So I'm hoping the rain stays away.

I went for a lovely swim again yesterday with Claire and we had so much fun. She thought the pool was very funny, and she enjoyed the wave pool and the fountains. For some reason she couldnt stop looking and smiling at the very serious looking lifeguard! I must have worn her out because she fell asleep in the stroller while I was walking back home. Its only about 10-15 minutes walk from home. Then she slept for 2 hours when we got home! I think I might take her again on the weekend and I'll get DH to come as well.

Well thats my week so far. Not very interesting but I not a very interesting person!

Hope everyone is well.

OMG - I am sooo sick of dealing with these people~ i am ready to just rip the contract up and give them the car back!!! We took it in to them today along with the list from my mechanic about what was wrong with the car~ telling them we want it ALL fixed and all roadworthy or we will get our lawyers involved!
    They agreed told us they will give us a loan car while ours is getting fixed and will ring us when the our car leaves to go to the mechanic, they will get the mechanic to call us, and they will keep us informed through out the day.
    Before they let us in the loan car they made me sign a form to say it wasn't insured and they are not at all responible for insuring this vehicle. I did this not thinking!
    I've drove home in the loan car and got onto my insurance people straight away - to try get insurance for me driving the car around. They wouldn't do this as it wasn't my car and was absoultly GOBSMACKED that GCL would give us a car without insurance! my insurance gave me the number of the insurance mob that looks after all the insurance companies, i called them and they were actually GOBSMACKED that they didn't give me insurance on the car. they said that making me sign this was completely illegal and if there was an accident my fault or not i am not at all responsible for any damages that might occur.
    We have not heard from the GCL>all day like they originally planned - we have had to call them - which we got told they have no idea when the car will be back. and we just called again and they still don't know~! I am getting very very peeeeved off! This is not a proper practice!

Well enough about that! Getting my self all worked up again!

ON a better note~ Izzy is trying her hardest to call - she can get up on her hands an knees move her knee forward once, then tobbles over! she's getting so frustrated! but its quite cute watching her try~ And she's putting her self to sleep again! for the past 2 weeks I just put her to bed for her morning/afternoon nap and night time sleep and she goes to sleep all by her self!~!~!~ so proud! !!

Hope everyone is doing well. really must goo, she's banging the walls in her cot talking to her self!

Hi everyone,
    Just a quick check-in.
    Em had her 6mth needles on tuesday (late i know but due to the gastro last month) and has had a low grade temp since - the last two nights she has slept in our bed as i was so worried about her. She finally has one tooth!!!
    I read in here that some of your babies are having restless nights???? Please tell me this is true!?? Em has been waking nearly every two hours through the night i think since late last month - driving me absolutly insane!!! Im sure im getting about 5 hours sleep each night - hoping its just the teeth......hoping!
    I have a few people from my old work coming over saturday night so i really need to go and do a complete clean of the house change spear beds etc. but i dont want to do anything until tomorrow so its freshly clean - looks like my DD and DP mess everything when they walk in the front door!! but my mums having Em for the night for the first time, she cant wait!! Im not too sure!

Oooh, i forgot to add - i cant believe some of the babies are talking!! Very smart little bubbas. Em only says, dadda, nan, and alot of babble - everytime i say mum, mum, mum to her she says DAD, DADDA very loud. (little teaser!!)

Cass, what BS about them not insuring your courtesy car! Sorry to hear you are experiencing such crap with the car mob. They sound like a-holes and I bet you wont be going anywhere near them again. Tell every one you know they suck! We had big issues with our car as well when we first got it - after not even a week the car was totally undriveable and it took like 3 months, several visits and many many phone calls to get them to fix it, and in the end they said they couldnt do it because the 3-month warranty was up. I was gobsmacked as we'd been taking the car in for 3 months and they just kept telling us there was nothng wrong then they conveniently diagnosed the fault once the statutory warranty was up. Anyway, they fixed it (i'd have taken them to Fair Trading if they hadnt) and implied they were doing us a favour - wtf?? Just be persistant. Dont back down. Make them fix it. If you bought from a dealer I'm pretty sure the law is that the car MUST be roadworthy and if its not you have every right to go back to them and demand they fix it and make it roadworthy.
    Aww I am sure Izzy will crawl soon. Claire was also getting up on her hnds nd knees for little bit too before she crawlled. I think she did that for a couple of weeks and now she is crawling everywhere - unstoppable! Woohoo for falling aasleep on her own. Its great when Claire does that!

Aww Shell hope Emilys temp goes down. Poor little thing. Claire was sick just before her 6 month vax too. Yep, Claire is wakeful at night too. She always has woken every 2-3 hours, but for some reason lately she's doing it more some nights - like every half an hour! Its exhausting isnt it! Argh, I hate cleaning my house. My carpet urgently needs vacuuming but it just gets filthy as soon as DH comes home so I put it off till the next day. My mum LOVES looking fter Claire. She has only baby sat a couple of times but she loved it. The first time, was when DH and I went out for dinner for his bday and I soent half the time hoping she wasnt hungry and that I had left enough milk for her and hoping she wasnt driving my mum crazy with her crying and so on. Normal mummy worries!

Well its crappy rainy weather again today. I was hoping for a good day so we could go play outside. Its so boring inside! Ah well maybe tomorrow.

Hi all popping n to say hi

Cass- I can't believe what bad luck you are having with that car place

Karina - did you get to the aquairum?

Shell- yes Ari's sleeping has been more rotten lately thn ever. She used to settle down eventually and do about 6hr stretch but recently she has been awake and wanting feed every 2hrs or so. Hoping it passes soon to

Another call out - has anyone seen the other Cass??? Ozzyhoffy?

Sarah no I didnt go to the aquarium. They ended up going somewhere else but I hardly go to Mothers Group because its at 10:30 and Claire goes down for a nap around 10 until around 11:30, so its just not a good time and I dont like to wake her up as she goes a little feral. Hope Ari starts sleeping better again soon.

I have seen Cass post in other threads, i think a few days ago or maybe last week.
    Cass do we smell or something? Come back to us

i hope u all remember me its been a while since ive posted in here ...
    but a quick update
    taylen is doing good his wa;lking around all the furniture has been doing since 7 mths old.still no teeth still bf but not as much he eats alot of food he is a reall little piggy he would eat all day if i allowed him to

although he is very whingy and its driving me crazy he wakes up alot at nites not sure why i offer a bf but he doesnt want it and refuses to sleep in his cot... its driving me crazy i get so tired cause im up & down with him all nite and i dont get a nap cause of my devil little almost 3 yr old whos a handfull and i gotta watch him at all times

thats about it atm gotta go get school lunches ready
    talk soon
    Savina

Hi all! Savina, great to hear from you. You must be exhausted you poor thing. Wow on walking around the furniture, sounds tiring!

Grace is good, she has been really trying to crawl. She has the commando crawl sorted when she wants to but still hasn't quite coordinated the other way yet. She too gets so frustrated. I think she is going to have a fear of shopping centres when she is older we seem to be down there so much trying to organise christmas presents! i am so shopped out and i haven't even finished yet!

anyway, should go to bed, just wanted to say hi.

Savina good to hear from you! I wondered where you had disappeared to. Sounds Like Taylen is doing really well. yay!!

Rachel, i totally hate Xmas shopping! We've done about half of ours. Sigh. Yay for commando crawling! Claire did that before proper crawling too.

Just went to my friends party - she was celebrating that she has finished her masters at uni. It was nice to see everyone from School again. I havent seen anyone since before I was pregnant. They all commented on how cute Claire is. I must say, I do agree. March babies aare just beautiful!

Oh my you lot can talk!! I'm in and out every now and then. Really got over turning the computer on and getting part way through something before his lordship wants mum...lol. So, I've only been popping on once or twice a week. By the time I get here he's wanting me and I don't have half a chance to read much. Sounds like everyone is doing really well!!

Sarah... I'm here, just text me I answer them faster...lol.

Ummmm... let's see. Ok, Oskar is soooo happy to just sit on the floor, can't be bothered trying to crawl or anything. He's just getting his first tooth... I can see it getting ready to pop out and he's been off his food a bit the past week. Other than that, not a lot happening, just getting things ready for chrissy. I've decided to make my own cards this year and I'm making a cross stitch thing for our friends who are having a little girl around christmas time. So, busy with that but only after Oskar goes to bed at night. He's currently sitting outside on the grass watching a bird play on the ground. So cute...hehe. Dad is out there too so it's ok!! He's talking to the bird...lol. I can't believe my little man will be 8 months old tomorrow... *sighs*.

Sorry for not doing personals, too much going on for me to remember.

Cass, hope you get the car sorted.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast