Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #12

Hi everyone,
    Just thought id say hi.

Em had her needles last thursday and was very brave, nothing for the first, cried a little for the second and a little more for the third but then was laughing in the waiting room!
    She's walking a little better now and talks non stop, i love to watch her looking at her books or playing with things, shes so cute! (as they all are!)

CassBlob - Hope everything goes well with the op.

Ozziehoffy - I hope Oskar gets better, poor little man. Its so hard when they're this little and they cant tell you whats wrong.

Aww Cass, poor little Oskar! Claire had croup last week. So sad when theyre sick like that and they get upset about it, then the coughing gets worse. We went to the hospital and they saw us straight away (no one else was waiting, but they said they would have seen us straight away anyway, because its a small child). Of course, once we got to the hospital she just wanted to play. Good to hear Oskars much better now.

Cassblob, hope the op goes well. My mum is getting her gall bladder out in about 2 weeks as its been causing her issues too. I'm sure you'll feel so much better once its gone.

Claire had ner needles. First one she didnt react, the second one she made a little cry and the third one she was NOT HAPPY! But she got over it pretty quickly and was happy by the time we were out of the doctors surgery.

We got our new washing machine delivered today. Its very nice and I can finally wash all claires nappies and our clothes! I just have to store my old washing machine for the next 5 weeks until the council cleanup happens and I can put it out on the side of the road.

We are struggling to get Claire to eat at the moment. Only things she will eat are: yoghurt, cheese (has to be shredded tasty cheese), rice and pasta (has to be plain otherwise she wont touch it) and sometimes apple. Argh driving me insane! She used to love banana but now she wont eat it.

Hi all!

Well, we finally had Emy's party today, combined with our house warming party, and it was good! We all had heaps of fun, and now there is waaaaaaaaaay too much food! One of the girls from work came with her 6 weeks old baby, and I haven't seen him since he was 2 days old, and he made me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo clucky!

Anyway, I am completely knackered now, and maybe a little drunk, so I'm gonna go.

Cass, I hope that Oscar gets better soon!

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Hi everyone,

Karina, I am having the same thing with Kailee at the moment. She is living on yoghurt, wholemeal bread, peas and rice crackers. Although I'm not too worried since she is still having 3 bottles and getting the vitamins from that.

Cass (blob) good luck with the surgery, I'm sure both you and Izzy will be fine!

Cass (ozzie) poor little Oskar, I hope he is feeling much better soon!

Its official, I hate daylight savings. We now wake up an hour earlier than normal. The worse thing about it is I am picking up extra hours with work and so working later and more often and still having to get up early. Nanna naps are now back in fashion in my house. I had my first Saturday off in so long today and we went out for lunch with plans to go clubbing in Sydney tonight since its been well over 2 years since a good night out, but we are far too tired after our trip out for lunch and so hubby has fallen asleep in recliner and I am on here with toothpicks holding up my eyelids! So speaking of which I had best get to bed. Take care all and hope everything improves!

Richelle, claire LOVES peas too. I'm getting quite frustrated actually as I throw away so much food. Hope you got a nice good sleep last night.

Ali, yay that the party went well! I saw pics of a friends newborn today and just the pictures made me clucky. I love tiny little squishy newborns, and dont they smell sooo nice? lol

DH is going away for the next 3 days for uni. He is taking the car which means I am going to have to walk Claire to Daycare in the morning and catch a bus in to the city for work. Then I have to get my parents to pick up Claire from daycare as I cant get there in time. If I want to leave work early, I have to start early, but if I do that I have to drop her off at daycare early whihc I cant do as it wont be open! Argh! It absolutely poured rain today and I'm just hoping that doesnt happen tomorrow! I wish I had known about DHs uni thing. He only told me at the last minute!

sorry for my whinge.

Thanks. I hope all goes well! I'm quetly shytting myself! But I keep remembering that im going to feel so much better after the op with no more attacks! ! !

I hope Oskar is feeling better!

Shell - I love watching izzy do that too! Shes jsut so facinated with books!

Karina - Izzy's turning fussy with her food also. . . she won't eat in the mornings. no matter what i do. we though it was because we were giving her her milk first, so we tried to give her breaky first wouldnt have a bar of it. so we give her her milk and try feed her while she drinking (taking hte cup away from her mouth and getting a spoonful in) but she won't do it... tried giving her milk then wating half an hour, this rarely works! we've swapped cerel nothing workds! I just dont know what to try... Except give her more for morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner...

heres hoping it doesnt RAIN!

Ali sounds like u had a great party

Richelle - Yea agree day-light savings sucks! When i was living in adelaide i HATED it. Like who wants to get up at 5am and it still be pitch dark, then cant go to sleep till 9-10om at night because its too light! so crappy loL!

Karina i know what you mean! The cluckiness is sooooo bad when you see a new born. I turn to izzy and say cant you go back to that just for one day! lol!

Well Izzy has 8 teeth now! and loves chopping away on things~!

I better go gotta get ready for my pre-op appointment! Going to be so bored for three hours!

Caio~!
    Last edited by Catastrophic; April 14th, 2008 at 09:40 AM.

Ok, this is a long one.

Just want to say how annoyed I am at daycare and the stupid medical centre doctor I went to when I couldnt get to my normal doctor (my normal GP is a 15 - 20 minute drive away, but I insist on seeing him because he is such an excellent doctor, no nonsense and straight to the point and I have been seeing him forever so I know and trust him. He has been a doctor for like 30 years and I went to school with all his kids) He is also a Paediatrician and Obstretrician so he knows lots of stuff. He is excellent with Claire.

Anyway, my poor little girl! She has had tonsilitis this week! She went to daycare on monday, I rang in the middle of the day to tell them what time my sister was going to pick her up, and also asked how Claire was. I was told she was fine - had morning tea and a nap and was happy. My sister picked her up from daycare at 4pm (I couldnt pick her up as DH had the car and he was 2 hours away). The kids were all sitting outside in the freezing cold and Claire was not happy. My sister took Claire home and found that she had a high temperature. Daycare told my sister Claire had been not well all day (why didnt they tell me this when I called at like 12pm??). My sister gave Claire some panadol and she had a nap. Woke up clingy, grumpy and wouldnt eat. I stayed at home with her next day. She just wasnt well enough to go to daycare.

I took her to the doctor on wednesday as there was no improvement. I just went to some random medical centre doctor, I couldnt get to our usual doctor as DH still had the car and was 2 hours away. I told Random doctor all Claires symptoms and she didnt even check Claire - she just told me that there must just be something going around, just give her some panadol and nurofen and she'll be right. I just sat there teling the doctor "um sorry, thats unacceptable. She is 13 months old and its fairly obvious she isnt well - she has a temp of 39.1, she wont eat, wont drink, is very clingy, has diarrhea.. and look at all the snot coming out of her nose. I want you to check her properly. You havent even touched her". So the doctor has a quick look in her ears and throat, checks her temperature, feels her neck. Claire coughs on the doctor. The doctor goes 'euwwwww' and runs back to her desk and gets out an antiseptic stuff and starts cleaning herself like crazy (gosh if you're that scared of germs why are you a doctor??). Sends me on my merry way telling me just give her panadol and nurofen (she was telling me to give her Panadol every 4 hours and Nurofen every 4 hours, but to time them so she is getting something every 2 hours) I was slightly disturbed by that as it doesnt sound healthy to me.

I was walking out of the doctors and the receptionist tells me 'oh thats $50' WTF??? Why didnt you tell me that when I came in? If I had known you dont bulk bill, I would have walked the extra 15 minutes to the other doctor who does bulk bill. So I paid the $50 because I couldnt be bothered standing there and arguing and I just wanted to take Claire back home. Took her home, gave panadol. Temp still 38.8 after Panadol.

DH came home.Went to our usual GP. He looked at her throat, straight away said that it was definately tonsilitis. Gave us a script for Amoxil. 6 hours later, we could already see a huge improvement. I'm just annoyed that even after telling the other doctor Claires symptoms, I still had to prompt her to even look at Claire. She was just looking at me like I was a total idiot and trying to tell me to just fill her up on panadol and nurofen. Just because I am a mum, doesnt mean I'm stupid. I know when my daughter is not well. I am glad I got a second opinion from my GP. Wont be going to the medical centre ever again. And OMG, if Claire was not well during the day (she seemed fine in the morning) why wouldnt Daycare call me? She had conjunctivitis last week, and daycare didnt even call me and when DH went to pick Claire up, he got told off because she has conjunctivitis. WTF didnt you call one of us?? You have all our numbers. ARGH these are CHILDREN we're talking about.

So, thats my rant. BUT I am happy now because Claire is much much better. She is actually eating now, sleeping, not constantly crying or clingy, no more diarrhea, and her temperature is back to normal. My GP also told me not to worry too much about Claire being on the small side. The ECHN keeps telling me "oh she is very underweight and small. " and she keeps on trying to scare me into thinking it is because Claire is 'sick'. She is just small like her mummy. I was the same as a baby.

Cassblob, I hope all is ok now after your surgery.

umm well its time to go eat. Hope you all had a better week than I did.

richelle_84_2004 Guest

cass, i've been told that so long as the bubs are drinking their milk/formula whatever they are on, not to stress too much when they won't eat because they are still getting nutrients etc. Kailee refuses to eat breakfast at the moment also, I am just giving her some bread sticks and cheese or yoghurt and she seems happy with that.

Karina, you poor thing! What a stressful week! its lucky you did get the second opinion. I don't understand why more doctors don't listen to mums, they know their bubs! the one time I had to take Kailee to hospital the doc actually said, you're her mum and you know what she is like, and i understand this isn;t normal for her but on assessment she really is ok. it was nice to not bet treated like a paranoid first time mother!

I'm having similar problems with not being able to get a straight answer out of the doc at the moment. Kailee is still always getting constipated, she is off cows milk, has plenty of fibre and water, the last 2 days i have had to give her a suppository the poor thing has been so upset. And she is having this lactulose stuff that is meant to soften the poo, yeah right its done nothing. I'm going to get a referral to go see the paediatrician and see if maybe she might listen to me. I can't put her thru that for much longer. do you think its worthwhile taking a video of when she is trying to poo etc so they see what I am talking about??

Sorry for the long post!! Hope the surgery went well Cass and you feel ok!

Hi!

Well it seems that I'm not the only one who has had a bad week then... (Sorry this is long and TMI - don't read if you are a queasy one - Sorry!)

Lots of ahead!

I went to work on Monday, and left Emy with Mum, and when I got back to Mum's house at 10:30pm-ish, I checked on Emy, and all was good. Mum and I both went to bed at the same time, and then in the morning, Mum was up at 4:30-5ish, and went and did her usual morning stuff, and was sitting in the kitchen having her breakfast when I got up.

So anyway, I got up at about 7:30am, before Emy made any noises, went to the toilet, and then went to get Emy up. As soon as I opened the door (we have to mostly close it at night, coz it is directly across from my parents room, and the light goes straight into Emy's room), I was hit with the stick of vomit. I knew instantly that Emy was not well, and turned on her light, and went to get her up. The poor thing had done a huge vomit in the middle of the night, and neither of my parents, or I heard her vomit, and she had then gone back to sleep in a pile of her own spew. It was soooooooooo disgusting! It was her first ever "real" spew, not just milky stuff, and it was foul.

It was all over her pyjamas, all through her hair, all over the portacot, and all over the blanket and mat that we use over the portacot mattress as a sheet/more mattress. I picked Emy up, and stripped the bedding, and went downstairs carrying it all. When Mum saw us, she asked what was going on, coz she has her own little routine for when she washes the bedding stuff, and Tuesday morning is not it. So I told her what happened, and she also couldn't believe that neither of us had heard her spewing (we didn't expect Dad to hear, or to know what it was if he did hear it anyway). It was just so gross!

So then I had to give Emy a bath very first thing in the morning, and she was not a happy camper about that! It had obviously been a while since she had spewed, coz it had dried in her hair, and I had to pull it a bit to get it out, and she didn't like that at all! And then, when I went to put her down for her morning nap, the room still stank like vomit, and Mum had to wipe the entire portacot down with pine o'clean, and we also sprayed the carpet with some Medic, to help cover the smell. Anyway, she didn't spew any more, and seemed quite happy, so I Mum made me go to work. So then, she didn't spew at all again, but got very loose poo that day, but not quite diarrhoea, but she was still happy, just off her food a little bit.

On Wednesday, we were all good, so we met up with my sister, and we went to Queens Park in Ipswich, which has this little zoo thing, where there is a pond with ducks and geese, and some snakes and lizard enclosures, and wallabys, and emus, and a walk through avairy thing - it was pretty cool - and FREE!!

Then on Thursday, I had to go to work again, and Jason had the day off, and looked after Emy. Anyway, I was feeling pretty good, until after lunch, when I started feeling very bloated, and this other lady reckoned that I looked pregnant again (I wish!). But I generally felt ok, and when I came home Jason had dinner planned, which was steak and vegies, which we had after Emy went to bed. It was ok, but by the time I finished my plate I was rather uncomfortable - but not full. About an hour later, Jason got us icecream and jelly, and I can't believe it, but I was feeling more uncomfortable just eating the jelly! I didn't know that was even physically possible! So I couldn't finish my bowl, and gave it to J to eat. Then we both fell asleep in the lounge room watching Family Guy. When I woke up 30 minutes later, I felt pretty bad, but J looked comfy on the couch, so i covered him with a blanket, and left him there, and went to bed - thankfully our room is right across the hall from the lounge. So I went to sleep, and slept pretty poorly, and kept feeling like my stomach was just in one huge cramp that wouldn't let go. I didn't really have a "full" feeling, but I was uncomfortable, like I was afer dinner. Then at about 2am I decided that maybe i would get up and do a wee, and while I was walking around the bed, something didn't feel right. So I lifted the toilet lid, and stood over it, in case I vomited, but not really feeling like I would. And I called out to Jason to get me this big red bucket from the laundry.

Thank God our lounge is close and that is where we had fallen asleep! If we had been in the rumpus, at the other end of the house, I would have been on my own! So J got me the bucket, and I did my wee, and I don't really remember why, buy instead of going back to bed, i walked towards the kitchen, still carrying the bucket. I had just gotten there, when I did the most grossest vomit that either of us I ever seen (and with a combined total of about 9 years of nursing between us, that is saying a lot)! And thank god that i still had the bucket!

So Jason went and slept in the spare room for the rest of the night, and I had a bad night for the rest of the night, very uncomfortable, and kept tossing and turning. Only vomited once or twice more, and then had 2 rounds of diarrhoea in the morning when we woke up properly. I stayed in bed for most of the morning, and then J put Emy down at 12, and I had to get up with her at 2pm when she woke up, coz J had to sleep to go to night duty on Friday night. I was a pretty unhappy camper, and still felt like crap, and I was very happy that Emy can entertain herself a lot - I gave her her dummy, and her sippy cup of water, and put her in the play pen, and she played and I dozed on the couch next to her - and I still went to bed at a normal time, and slept through the night!

So Jason went to night duty, and then at 4.30am I had the biggest heart attack when I heard someone at our front door! Turns out it was J, coming home early from his night duty, because he had done a 1 litre vomit at work - and then it was his turn to spend all day in bed yesterday. It had just been so gross around here - and we didn't really want to get mum to come and pick up Emy and look afer her, in case Emy got sick again too, and passed in on to Mum and Dad. So even though we felt very bad, and just wanted to say in bed alll day, at least ont of us had to look after Emy.

Anyway, I am all good now - just a little queasy when I had breakfast this morning, and J is a lot better today than he was yesterday. And fingers crossed, we get all better very soon!

Anyway, enough about me - Cass, I can't believe that QEII kicked you out so early in the morning, when you had had so much pain the night before! Sounds wrong if you ask me! Good luck with all of your poo - hmm, actually I think I read that somewhere else, but good luck with it anyway!

Karina - What a week you've had too! Your poor little bubba - sending you a couple of healthy vibes for Claire - even though we need as many as we can get in my own house, I'll spare some for you!

Everyone else - I can't remember coz i have typed for so long now, that i have gone blank, and I have to go now, but HELLO!

OMG Ali, what a week you have had. I hope you are all feeling better. How terrible that you all got sick. I am feeling much better although not 100% and Claire is much better too.. so I will share our healthy vibes lol.

Cass, I also read your other thread. I hope everything is under control. Cant believe you had to go home even though you clearly werent really fit to go. Healthy vibes for you too. Hope Tim is looking aftrer you

Well today I went out shopping with my mum and sister. Bought Claire some really cute leggings and some things for the bath. They're these sticky things that go on the bottom of the bath and are meant to be non-stick. She loves standing up in the bath and I am worried that one day she's going to fall over and smash her beautiful teeth! lol! At the moment she is getting her 5th and 6th litttle toothiepegs.

I have a uni exam in a few weeks. I am actually a bit nervous about it as I dont think I'll do well.. which is kindof pathetic considering its a first year subject (human body) and is pretty much foundation knowledge.. but theres just SO MUCH to learn and with DH also at uni and DH being sick and being fairly useless because of it, and me working, I have little time for studying. Its on in June so I still have a little while longer to study and learn all the stuff so I am hoping I can do it. Its on around the same time that I'll be having my 3 month evaluation at work. I'm kinda hoping they wont want to keep me on. I am missing Claire way too much. I want to resign because I'm not really liking it as much as I thought I would, and I am taking so much time off with Claire being sick, and its such a huge hassle to coordinate dropping her at daycare and getting to work on time as we have only one car... but then DH reckons I should stay, especially considering all the effort I went through to make them offer me a part time job in the first place. I dont know what to do. The extra money is great as I want to save up to buy a second car, but I dont want to stick Claire in daycare and miss her all day.

sorry for waffling on so much.

hello popping in, will read and do personals soon, hope all are well. Just had to post and say
    Ari is in a big bed tonight!

She is so cute, getting in and out of bed by herself

anyway gotta run, check in later

Hey I'm home from hospital - there is a long thread in General health and fitness thread (under my post about gall bladder something) a quick recount - surgery went well, post op was a bytch, hurt like hell, got let out too early had to go back. Still in loads of pain but on good pain killers hehe!

Izzy has been great, missed her mummy! she didnt like seeing me in hospital with oxygen tube on mouth and drip in arm she almost cried. and she keeps trying to crawl on me and hfor me to pick her up but i cant do that just yet...

My mum came down from townsville and was a real blessing to have down took izzy out a few times and took real good care of me...

And Tim has been a super hero just doing everything and beyond he really is my sole mate. times like this show it!

Well i gotta go taking kids to school! If im allowed!

Hey girls - good news!!! We now legally have custody of the boys. we did it by mediation (where the two parents get together with lawyers and explain what they want infront of a metiator) All we wanted was sole custody - to prevent her from 2months, 2yrs, etc down the track coming and taking the boys. She cants do that now...

She originally wanted one day a week, every 2nd fortnight from fri - sun avo, an half of school holidays. which we were fine with, the boys love spending time with their mum!. But when it was all written up she changed it to - 1 night a fortnight, and half the school holidays.

Which looks really good on our behalf at least we want our children! im just discusted in her. this is her babies that she adores but she only wants to see them 1night/fort? ...

Izzy is sick atm poor thing has tonsilitis! i am sure that she heard me mention she has to get her last immunisation and got sick on purpose! she has done it to every needles lol. (most of the time just a runny nose)

Put the poor thing is really having a problem swalling and drinking. the doctor said to only give her cold foods for now. but even them shes choking on poor little thing

OKay just a quick one.

Cass thats great news re the boys. Sounds as though they'll have more consistency with you and tim. Poor litle Izzzy though with tonsilitis. Claire had that about 2 weeks ago. She also was having trouble with eat/swallowing and was breathing really loudly and not getting any better and had a temp over 39. So I took her to my GP and he got us some antibiotic (amoxyl?) and it fixed her up by the next day! Hope you are feeling better now after your surgery. My mum also had her gall bladder out last night and they kicked her out first thing this morning.

Sarah, WOW on a big bed! I reckon Claire would get up in the middle of the night and walk around the house if she had a big bed, lol!

Claire is doing really well with eating at the moment so I am happy about that. She absolutely loves chicken noodles without the noodle juice, and with mashed pumpkin mixed in. She'll eat heaps of it! I think I'll need to go get more noodles for her. She is not keen on banana anymore. She used to love banana. She goes through differnt moods with her eating. And my GP told me to ignore the ECHN and how she keeps on telling me that Claire is way too small. So now I feel a bit better.

DH was in hospital yesterday having a camera put inside him so the doc could look for nasties (ie: cancer and other evil things) but he couldnt give us much of an answer until the results from biopsy come back in about 2 weeks. I felt so bad for him, that he had to go through all that (the prep for it was reall horrid as he couldnt eat and had to drink a drink that was like a mega-laxative) and not even get an answer like he was expecting.

Other than that, Claire is enjoying the other kids at daycare. When I picked her up yesterday, all the kids came running to the gate when I got there, but I couldnt see Claire anywhere! Turns out she was coming to the gate as well (she's a bit slower than the bigger kids) but found a toy on the way and got distracted by that. I love my girl.

sorry for the long ramble.

Hope you are all well.

Oh Karina! I hope your mum is okay! Did they give her anything to come home with?
    yes izzy is on the same antibiotics.
    Hope your husbands test come back clear. my uncle and ****y just had to go through that. poor guy!
    Oh bless clair sounds so cute!

Cass, I'm not sure if they gave my mum anything to come home with. All i know is that she was meant to go into theatre at 11am yesterday but didnt go in till 5 or 6pm. So, because she was waiting for so long, my dad went down to her office and brought some work up to her room for her - what a dork!! PMSL (she had the op at the hospital where she works). Then they sent her home at 9 this morning, so she wasnt even there 24 hours. She said she was in some pain, but nothing major. I know she was whinging that it was tooo cold last night so they brought in some pethidine to make her go to sleep, lol. She was just going to go home and take it easy.
    Thanks. DH is very upset about the outcome of his colonoscopy and is very annoyed about having to wait another 2 weeks for further news. I think he is worried as his grandfather died from bowel cancer and a small part of him is scared that he might have cancer. Doc said his bowel looked normal though so thats a good sign. But, we'll get through it. We're thinking positive!

Well hopefully your mum doesnt suffer any complications!

thinking positive is a good start! my fingers are crossed that everything will be okay!

HI EVERYONE! Sorry I haven't posted for ages, somehow I seem to get so busy nowadays and then I got logged out and couldn't remember my password and the reset kept getting sent to the junk mail box rather than my inbox... well, I'm here now. You've all been so busy!

Cass, glad to hear the mediation went well, custody cases can be so nasty, can't they? You poor thing with your gall bladder, hope you're starting to recover now.

Karina, sending positive vibes over for your DH, and hope the next two weeks go fast so that he can have a more definite answer. It's no fun waiting for news like that. Hope your exam goes OK. I'd almost forgotten what it's like taking exams, it's been so long since I took one. Though crazy as it sounds I'm thinking of doing a couple of courses next year, as if I haven't spent long enough at uni as it is!

Sarah, can't believe Ari is in a big bed already - we are thinking of moving Sebastian in the next month or so because we would kind of like to use the cot for the new baby Obviously we'll be using the bassinette for the first few months anyway, but I don't want S to feel like he's being pushed out at all, you know?

Oh, Ali, yuck, it sounds like you guys had an awful time, it's so hard being sick when your baby is sick too, isn't it?

Cass (Ozzie) poor Oscar having croup, we have been lucky so far this year with Sebastian, he had a little cold a few weeks ago which was bad enough, lots of sitting up with him and cuddling in the rocking chair, but thank goodness nothing too serious.

RIchelle, daylight saving finished over here in March, and I'm so with you. We get up at 5 because M starts work at 6, which means actually S wakes up around 4-4:30 so when it's daylight saving time that's VERY DARK and when we swapped over, of course he woke at 3. So stupid, we have had three referendums in WA to introduce daylight saving and they were all returned as "no", and then some politician decided it would be a good idea to have a "trial" for three years... this was the second year so I'm just crossing my fingers that it's a "no" again when they hold the referendum next year.

Shell, Emy coped very well with her needles, Sebastian hollered blue murder but then slept all the way home and was pretty much OK after that, just a bit clingy.

Well, we had the 20 week scan and ... it's a girl! I'm so happy about it, I wasn't going to find out the sex but M was grumpy that he couldn't talk to me about it (he had to find out because his mum was obsessed with the idea of a girl and was going to need the next 20 weeks to get used to the idea if it was a boy!!) and I really wanted to know, and now I'm glad I know. It's exciting thinking that I will have a daughter!

S is walking holding onto one hand, and we got him his first shoes the other day, just for when we go out and it's raining or whatever. He loves to take you on little jaunts and sings to himself as he's trotting along holding onto your hand, it's so funny. He also likes to "read" to himself. No real words yet, although he seems to like repeating sounds after us so I guess that's a good sign. He's always chatting away in his own language, though, so I'm not concerned that he won't talk, I just can't understand what he's saying!

Finally we are starting to get the house in order - there is so much to do before the baby comes (and so little money it seems - when will interest rates stop going up?!! ) S is not keen on eating anything remotely like a vegetable unless it comes in a Heinz baby food jar, grrr! I'm just supplementing with lots of other stuff like yoghurt and fruit and different breads, also he likes omelettes, too, so I've made him a couple of those. He's particularly fussy when he's teething which I guess is fair enough. I think he's getting his canines, which means he will have almost all his teeth! Unbelievable! I was kind of hoping he'd have them done before the new baby comes so that it's one less thing I have to worry about!

Anyway, I'd better get off to bed even though it's only 9.30 as Sebastian doesn't recognise weekends LOL and he'll be up at 4:30 tomorrow no doubt ! Hope you're all well,

love

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast