Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #3

Savina, i think I am a little too ambitious with the whole work thing! Crazy thing is, I was actually considering appplying for uni next year!! I think I'll be waiting until Claire is older before I go do a uni degree!

Claire is two months today! omg its gone quick! feels like just last week that I was posting in the other thread about how I wished she would hurry up and arrive.

Went for a big walk today with Claire to Parents group and then walked back home again. Such a hot day but no buses that I could get the pram onto so I had to walk. Poor Claire spewed all over herself and the inside of her pram , but luckily it was just as I was getting to my street so she didnt have to lie in spew for very long. Now she is having a much needed sleep.

um sorry if a tmi question.. but has anyone attempted sex yet? I want to but I am soooo scared, lol!! I dont know why I am such a wimp about it though.

PMSL Karina... nope too scared here too!! I wonder if it'll all stay in tact down there after tearing Aww poor little Claire. I haven't been able to find a parents group in my area yet It would be nice to have an outing to look forward to.

Went shopping today and got Andy a pressie for Monday, a nice pendant thing made of stainless steel to go on his chain. He should like it as it's a very similar shape to one of his tatts. I was in Target and Oskar was really whingy so I put his dummy in and was heading out to go to the parents room to feed him when he did a really big poo (TMI)...lol and so I walked faster and then he WENT TO SLEEP!! How gross!! Got him changed and fed and then he only went to sleep while I was holding once I went and got some food...then I had to feed him again after I got some groceries...which included milk!! Then he cried in the car on the way home anyway, so I was REALLY glad to get home. This whole adventure though took me about 3 or 4 hours!! He's now asleep in his HAB and I should've known better and just put him in it to go shopping and not his pram dammit!! Probably won't learn though cos I hate pushing trolleys as they just do NOT co operate!!

Oskar went 8 hours between his feed last night...fed around 9 then slept through till around 5!! I couldn't believe it. Touching lots of wood as I'm typing this!!

Hello....

Karina, have you had a better night tonight? What time did Claire settle? WOW, 2 months today, doesn't time fly. Grace is 8 weeks today and I'm like wow, can't believe how quick it has gone. It seems a life time since I was sitting on the couch in the heat whinging because she hadn't come yet! Now, how I would love to be able to sit on the couch and not do anything else! Having said that, I wouldn't change anything for the world. In regards to your question...yep, DH and I have had sex a number of times. First time was 2 weeks after the birth. It was absolutely fine BUT having said that, I didn't tear, so I think that definitely makes a difference. I was definitely nervous, it wasn't a planned event it just happened in the moment, but once I realised that it wasn't hurting I could relax and enjoy.

Cass - yay on the long overnight sleep, can keep that one up huh! Grace is sometimes like that when we go to the shops and put her in the pram. I think she gets overstimulated. She will sleep at the shops if we carry her. I usually take the HAB and put her in that. I never anticipated how hard it would be to go to the shops with a baby. It's not only the unsettled times, the shops are not designed for prams so there are just some places you can't go, people are rude and pushy and then if you where the HAB you can't go clothes shopping or anything cause it's hard to try clothes on with baby in the way!

Had our 8 weeks check up today with MCHN - Grace is now 5.3kgs which was only a gain of 65grams since last week BUT according to the nurses measurements she has grown 2.5cms since last friday! They aren't concerned about her weight gain this week as she has been putting on so much that this is insignificant. Just quietly, i'm not convinced she grew 2.5cm in 6 days, I think maybe the measurements were out slightly, which is not hard as imagine measuring a wiggly baby! The MCHN said that she was remarkably alert for a baby of 8 weeks, so proud! She is an alert little girl, always looking at everything, so cute. She hardly slept at all today and we could tell the poor thing was SO exhausted this evening. On the way home from the shops she did a big poo which happened to leak everywhere - normally she HATES being in a dirty nappy - but today she fell asleep! Poor little thing. She is currently asleep in her cot. Was due for a feed at 9.30pm - which would have been 3 hours, will wake her at 10.30 if she doesn't wake before. We put her in a cloth nappy because I would be feeding her again, then we put her in disposable. I now wish I had put her in sposie as she was so tired I feel bad waking her, poor little thing. If I don't wake her though she will wake with a really wet nappy and then she won't be happy. I just hate waking her though when she is so tired. Have to get her immunisations soon. They say 2 months but everyone keeps saying 8 weeks. Technically, she isn't 2 months until the 8th (tuesday). What do you think? Do you think 5 days is a big deal? Want to get them done on a day that DH is around as I have heard they can be quite grizzly and feverish afterwards and don't think I could cope with that on my own. My bamboozle nappy and tots bots cover arrived today but we were out, so I have to go to post office to pick up tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out. Aaahh, the things we get excited over now! lol! Goodnight ladies.

Rachel - I don't think 5 days matters too much with the vaccinations. I don't think I ever got Jas' done right on time. Congrats on your remarkably alert baby girl, I am so impressed! I remember being so proud every time Jas passed a milestone, especially if it was early!! I went on roster in her class this week and her teacher said she is such a gorgeous student, always very helpful and really kind to her classmates, I could have burst with pride!

Cass - WTG on Oskars great sleep! If only it stays like that, I will cross my fingers for you. We are still going every 3 hours, sometimes 4, but Nic settles fairly easily during the night, so we don't have to be up too long with him. He always has this great habit of pooing at about 3am, after his feed, then when I change him, he wees all over me, then vomits, then poos again once I have put a clean nappy on him! Lucky he is so cute!!

Karina - no sex here either! Not for lack of want, just never go to bed at the same time as I am just so tired, I usually go to bed early and DH will stay up later. Then, if we do get a chance to have some "mummy and daddy" time together, he usually wakes up! It's like he can sense it. I told Keyt it is his way of ensuring no more babies so he can get all the attention!!

As for us, I have been a bit slack with going to the clinic with Nic. With Jas, I was obsessed with her weight and making sure she was checked out almost weekly by the CHN. I have only seen our CHN once since Nic was born, and a LC once. I know he is gaining weight now, since on the bottle, it is just the reflux and colic issues now, and we have seen the GP for this. The Zantac isn't working anymore, so I am going to the GP again tomorrow to get Losec. Heaps of people have recommended this, so I am hoping it will help. Poor little babe, he is in pain, and I can't do anything to help! He is usually awake most of the day, and screaming (not just crying, but screaming!), so Keyt takes him in the shower and he settles straight away, and I get time to cook dinner or make the kids lunches. He is asleep now on the lounge next to me, so cute when he's not screaming.

We picked up our new car today. So exciting! My little car was getting very squishy, and now I have a HUGE 7 seater AWD. I feel like such a mummy! The girls were really happy as they don't have to squash in the back with the car seat and their school bags now. I have been making a real effort this week to be good with my diet. I want to lose another 9kg (5kg to get to my pre pregnancy weight) and the other 4 to get to my goal. I have one pair of jeans that fit, and I don't want to buy any new clothes until I have lost a few more kg's. I say every day that I will go walking, but I don't think walking around the shops counts does it???

Hope everyone has had a good week.

Hi everyone,

Well I have discovered that Tate likes sleeping in his tummy. Last night he woke at the usual 4amish time and I had fed him 3.5hrs before that and decided to try something else other that feeding. So I rolled him over and patted his bum and he fell asleep again, waking at.......... 6:30am! And prob only because DH woke him up when getting ready for work. So he was fed, burped, smiled at (and I was smiled and cooed at to, soooo adorable), he went back to sleep at about 8am and it is 10am and he is still asleep (on his tummy). So...... I am borrowing a breathing sensor monitor from my wonderful midwife friend. YAY! Fingers crossed this is the turning point to more sleep and getting stuff done during the day! Does anyone else find their babies sleep much better on there tummy?? I discovered it as Tate LOVES sleeping on my chest, I'm sure someone mentioned that too recently?

Jo, wow a new big car, that is something to be excited about!! The girls must love it, I know I did at their age, especially a big people mover! BTW good on you for committing to losing weight, I should too but I am sooooooo hungry alllllll the time!

Hi Cass! Happy anna for monday. Mine was Tuesday just gone, I got some lovely flowers and a sweet funny card about snoring! I was thinking 'I wish he had of brought home a real treat, like coke and dessert', that's how obsessed I am with food, it must be b/feeding doing it to me!

Rachel, yes we should def meet up. I will send you an email. It might be good to meet somewhere like Maccas or a play centre, so DS#1 can get out and have a play too. Would that be OK? Or we could meet on a Monday when the cheeky monkey is at creche.

Karina, good on you for getting out there and walking. Lucky you were close to home when the big spew happened! Poor Claire.

Savina, I hope you are feeling better today, OMG it must be soooo hard with all the kids AND the japanese student. WonderWoman!

Hi to everyone else and their gorgeous little ones.

JoMarie, i would be proud too with a glowing report like that. I hope the losec helps Nic, poor little bubba...and poor you, grace is not a screamer but when she had her unsettled times recently and she cried a lot it tugged really hard on my heart strings, i couldn't imagine it all day! Yay on the new car, you won't know yourself! I have said the same thing about the weight. My diet has been so bad....loving chocolate! I am actually feeling fat and horrid. had all these plans to go walking everyday to shed the weight,problem is the pram lives in the boot of my car and i use that as an all too hard excuse cause i would have to get it out! so stupid!

Jessica, I am happy to meet wherever is easiest for you, just let me know where and when. Hey, maybe we could start walking regularly together - that would motivate me if someone else was willing to walk too. Grace hates being on her tummy! she'll last a few minutes and then crack it. wtg on the better sleep.

Grace slept from 7.30pm to 11pm last night, then nappy change and feed, down again at 11.45 then woke at 6.15am. Then didn't think she was going to go back to sleep so put her in bed with dh and i and we all slept until 9.15! It was great, although woke with a headache as not used to so much sleep anymore! Better go and have a shower now.

Cass, thats what I am worried about - I tore and even though its been 9 weeks I'm worried about damaging it lol. I should just get over it and do it hey! bummer about lack of parents group near you. I got info about mine through the nurse at the local Baby health centre. Its amazing how long a simple trip to the shops can take with a baby! Claire loves to do a poo or scream for food just as I want to walk out the door, then we always need to feed and change while at the shops too. Wow at 8 hours between feeds, thats pretty amazing - where can I order one of those? .ooo the present sounds lovely. Its my hubbys birthday in 3 weeks... I better get off my arse and get him something too...

Rachel, yay on Graces growing. Claire didnt put on weight for a couple weeks and the nurse wasnt concerned because if you average out her weight gain since birth its pretty good, and also the many nappies she dirties. I dont think 5 days is a big deal with the immunisations. I got Claires done 2 days before she was 2 calender months old, because it was the most convenient day for me! Woohoo at her being so alert!

Jomarie, had to laugh at your theory as to why Nicholas wakes when youre having 'mummy/daddy' time.. cheeky little monkies arent they! woohoo on the new car! hope you can get something to help with the reflux. poor little guy.

Jessica, yay on Tate hving longer sleeps, thats great! I havent put Claire to sleep on her tummy in her cot, but she does love sleeping on my or hubbys chest.

Claire LOVES to look at lights. anyone elses baby do this constantly? If I am sitting in a room with the light on, she will usually look at the light not me, then when the light gets switched off, she looks at me.

anyones baby more bald now that when born? She is bald on top but hair on the back.

wowzah Guest

Hi everyone

I am a new mum again to a 5 week old little boy, born 27th Marh 2007 via c-section. He had a tongue tie that needed snipping and I have had no luck getting him back on the breast, so am bottle feeding EBM full time. I feel like I should be mooing!

I was on these forums a few months back but have been away for obvious reasons!

I hope you don't mind me dropping in, I look forward to meeting you all.

Alana

Rachel...yay on Claire being so alert!! I hate it when Oskar poos then falls asleep.... I wrestle with myself about if I should or shouldn't change him. I hate to wake him especially in the day cos he just doesn't sleep much in the day really anyway. Great to have a sleep like that...but I'm the same, I feel a little worse atm for having a longer sleep but hopefully this will go away and I will ENJOY my longer sleep

Jo, poor little Nicholas, I hope you find something to work for him. WOOHOO about your new car!! Sounds awesome! Oskar does that too, poos early in the morning and then I have to get out of bed to change him, or I get Andy to if he wakes up...hehe.

Karina, lol @ just doing it. You know one of us has to do it sooner or later huh!! This could be TMI, but does anyone feel like it's bigger down there?? Maybe it's just me and maybe it's not but just a perception. What have you girls done about birth control?? They were SO pushy on that subject when I was in hossy with Oskar!! I said I'll deal with that with my GP...!!!! On the hair issue... I am glad someone else has this happening!! I was so upset when I noticed his hair disappearing on top!! It's still there around the sides and back but on top it fell out and I was so worried that he was getting his dad's hairline way too early in life. He does now have fuzz growing there though.

Jessica, happy anniversary for the other day!!!! Oskar likes to lay on his tummy. I put him on his tummy in bed with me in the morning after his 6ish am feed cos Andy isn't in bed anymore...so weekends are a little difficult to cope with cos I have to get up earlier as it's a bit squishy in bed and I get a really sore neck.

Hi Alana, welcome to our little group. I know what you mean about mooing...lol. During the day my little man spends a considerable amount of time attached to my boob milking me!!! Can your little bub go onto the boob now that he's had the snip?

Oskar did 7 1/2 hours last night... so proud of my little man!! Mind you he makes up for it during the day!! I've worked out that mornings aren't so bad, come lunch time he's on my boob almost every hour till around 4ish then he'll have a sleep for a couple of hours in his HAB or carrier (so long as it's on me) then have a feed, bath, play, top up feed, bed. So afternoons get quite tiring and demanding but I have to admit that I would certainly prefer it this way than to him doing it at night... touching wood so I don't jinx!! Andy got home from work before and told me that due to circumstances beyond his control (won't tell me what) that I have to get part of my anniversary pressie tomorrow...not that I'm complaining though!! I would like to know what the circumstances are ...lol, I'm a person of a curious nature!! Now it better not be a water tank!!!

Cass,I was so disappointed in myself tonight - we were totally going to DTD but then I chickened out when I realised we had contraception of any form... plus little miss kept crying and it breaks my heart to hear her cry like that! As much as I want to give Claire a little brother or sister, I dont want to do it just yet lol... I havent discussed contraception with my doctor yet.. I was just going to use condoms but then I remembered they make me itchy, so I might have to go get something differnt. I think the mini pill is not meant to interfere with brest feeding. I cant say i have noticed being "bigger" there though. Claire is fuzzy on her head as well, but as I mentioned, just on the back and sides, the top hair is almost completely gone! little baldy, lol. Claires been doing the constant feeds in the arvos too, but still waking at 2am!! cool about getting part of your pressie now! We have our anniversary in Sept and from memory, hubby was working all day for that day last year!

Hi Alana, welcome and congrats on the birth of your little boy. lol about the mooing, i feel that way when I express!

Went for a walk today with Claire, up to my step-dads work which is around the corner from home. I had a good old chat with the ladies there and then all the guys came down and had a sticky beak at Claire, and cooed and got all clucky, lol. I think I interupted them during their meeting! oh well, if their meetings are anywhere near as boring as my old work meetings where one of the guys used o fall asleep, then I would be welcoming any form of distraction too!

um this is going to sound wierd... but does anyone have a parent who doesnt want to hold their baby? my step dad doesnt ever hold/cuddle Claire and doesnt want to be called grandpa/pop or any other form of that name, he would prefer she call him by his name... is it just a guy thing??

gosh I feel like I am going to shoot the next person who rings my home phone. I just received, for the 8th time today, a call where the person didnt talk at all! a couple of calls ago, hubby answered and said some speil about how what they were doing is illegal and they can be charged, and that we will be getting a trace done... although i know we have to do a police report before a trace can be done, I am going to consider doing it if it continues.. It relly freaks me out - I keep thinking someone is stalking me or watching me or something, and I am at home all day by myself with Claire so I really dont need a stalker!

ok I have rambled enough. its time to get some rest and stop stressing over everything!

Hi Alana, welcome and congratulations. You must be a busy woman, I struggle to find time to express once just so I can have some EBM in the freezer! Well done.

Karina, I don't blame you for not wanting to DTD without contraception. I am so careful now, we don't play anywhere near there without a condom on, I DO NOT want to get pregnancy again anytime in the near future!! My doctor gave me a script for the mini pill but I haven't filled it yet as I want to look into it a bit more. If it is no more effective than the condom I probably won't worry. I used to be on the normal pill and took it every day but not at the exact same time. The mini pill has to be taken at the same time every day +/- 60 minutes, no more! I'm not sure I would be so good at this so I don't know if I would trust it, iykwim. My dad doesn't really 'ask' to hold Grace but he jumps at the opportunity if you offer it and then it's hard to get her back! Before she was born he used to say that she could call him by his name and nothing else, but now it's pop this and pop that, he is absolutely in love with her. I think it is a guy thing and I am sure your step dad will come around. He may feel nervous around a small baby and not know how to hold her, also, if it is his first grandchild he may be feeling 'old' iykwim. Give it time. Grace absolutely loves lights, any lights, anywhere. Grace hasn't lost any hair. It is getting long though and lighter in colour. the MCHN commented on her having glitter in her hair yesterday and when DH and I looked it wasn't glitter it was just that her hair is really shiny!

Cass - I know what you mean about waking them, especially in the day. Grace is currently still asleep and was due for her feed an hour ago but really reluctant to wake her as she hasn't slept much today and only fell asleep after 7.30pm so she hasn't been asleep that long. On the other hand, I worry that if I don't wake her for a feed soon she will do her long sleep now and wake when I am trying to sleep. Dilema's! Umm..it's definitely not 'bigger' down there, and DH states feels no different! Yay on the long sleep again. Oooo...what are you getting?!

I hope Grace wakes soon so I don't have to feel bad about waking her. We were putting her in her rocker after the 6pmish feed until the next feed but for the last 2 nights we have put her into her cot, try to get her into this habit. It takes a while to get her to stay asleep, but when she does sleep she sleeps. Didn't muck up overnight sleep last night so fingers crossed it won't tonight either....I really hope so. Goodnight.

Hello March mummies, I have missed heaps in the few days I have been off! Ariya is having a blah couple of days and will only sleep when being held, her startle reflex is just going nuts at the moment and her little arms and legs are flitting around like you wouldn't believe, add to that the fact that she is overtired after not sleeping properly for 2-3 days and we have a very grumpy bub and tired mummy. Even sleeping on her tummy won't help :-( She wants to be constantly sucking on something too either me or the dummy - I have no idea what is going on,I'm considering giving her some panadol just to see if she's uncomfortable or something - any ideas????

On the subject of poo - Ari is revolting she loves sitting in poo??? She lies there and coo and giggles esp whenshe's in her bouncer. I've told her it's disgusting and I'm saving the story up for when she starts bringing the boyfriends home

Karina we DTD after about 6wks but not very often as it is so hard to find the time. i was really worried about it after my epi with DS. I would reccommend something like KY around your peri and I even did some peri massage after my shower for a couple of weeks after everything had healed up just to get it back to feeling like normal. As for birth control DH is supposed to be getting the snip but we are using condoms until that kicks in. I have heard that the mini pill is only 85% effective which freaked me out as are condoms apparently??? (I always thought they were 99% oh well)

Cass - those are some great sleeps Oskars doing and yes on being bigger down there I have been doing lots of pelvic floor as apparently ius helps regain some "tone" in that region.

JoMarie - woohoo on the new car!!! I love my 7 seater!!!!

Alana - welcome

Can't remember anymore, talk later when my brain is functioining better

Taylen had his 8 wks needles yesterday poor thing it was terrible he screamed in agony and he bled afterwards; he is 6.18kgs now , he was 4.30 kgs when born , his a little chubba ,,,, his 60 cms long.

we dtd about 6 wks after not to good though i was paranoid on the kids hearing, as we are living with the inlaws and ther room is right in front and plus we have ds in with us , then againg at 8 weeks didnt hurt though , just to many worries to relax and do it,, and im not on anything although i do have the prescription for the mini pill but keep forgetting to get it i better do it as we already have 4 kids... i dont want another dh is going to get the snip when his 30 but thats still 2 yrs awya i could get preggas by then so im looking into something a little more reliable and something i dont have to take every day i think its caleed implanon, im thinking on that ...

Karina- im sure u will be fine its been 9 weeks everything should be ok to go down there, just dont stress out and try to relax, u will be suprised, we dtd 4 weeks after 3 rd ds and itwas ok , and i tore with my eldest boy and dtd around 4 wks and it was ok just be gentle about it and it will b ok

talk later
    savina

Rachel, i would be shocking with mini pill if I have to take it at the same time +/- an hour... does Grace sleep in her rocker when you put her in? Claires sleeps in hers but I am starting to think I shoudlnt let her sleep in it but rather have her sleep in cot all the time.

Sarah i hope Ariya feels better and starts sleeping more. Claire had a few days like that and all I could really do to help her was to cuddle her. She gets the cranks about 3-4pm every afternoon and it cranky for a couple hours and I put her in the Baby Bjorn and as long as I am moving she is happy. Sooooo tiring though! omg I awlays thought the mini pill was about 90-95% effective!

Caro, thanks i might go look for some of those.

Savina wow Taylen sure is growing!

Claire is smiling so much now. Yesterday morning, after I finished feeding her she just wouldnt stop grinning at me! it looks so funny because she has no teeth!

I weighed her and she is now puttng on wieght again! 4.1kgs now and she is 58cm long. everyone still says she is so tiny but i think she is huge compared to at birth. (2.9kg 48cm). Got given some more clothes too - i dont think I'll need to buy her any clothes soon!

Woohoo - Ariya slept today - TWICE I am so excited. The first time I put her in the HAB for the whole 2hrs just to let her catch up on sleep and then this arvo she went down in her cot for about 2 hrs - absolute bliss. She is now sitting hiccuping in her bouncer grinning like a nut (she is such a night owl must be the bad influence of her mummy :-)

Karina - Awesome on Claires weight gain. Wow I didn't realise how tiny she was when she was born :-) I'm waiting until Ari immunisations to weigh her again but I'm guess she's between 5.5 and 6kg as we are starting to leak out of the infant nappies.

Savina - ouch on the needles, Ari is going to hate hers, you should have heard the way she carried on when she got her vit K. I am going to insist she is BF during them this time.

Hope all the other March bubbies are doing well. off to go change nappy and get this little one ready for bed. Oh just have to add, we have found Ari's fav toy, a little stuffed bear i got DH to tell him we were pg - she was talking to it this arvo - so cute :-0

Sarah, yay on two big sleeps today! hopefully it will continue! Claire was pretty little, but then so am I so I guess she was as big as my body would allow!

Has anyone seen infant size nappies in big boxes and in brands other than Huggies? I can only find Infant size in Huggies and its only a small box - like 36 or 48 nappies or something, which wont really last that long? We're still in newborn size but just thinking ahead! Anyone know of a place that has big boxes of this size?

hey ladies! How are we all! I'm good, got a touch of the cold, my izzy is wonderful girl already sharing her colds with me! She got it first, poor lil thing! So i'm glad it's me thats got it now and not her...
    Finally got a pic of her smiling on camara today! So feel free to take a look! (in link in sig.)

i've read all the post but not going to go personal replies coz izzy is stirring, but i will ramble on about a few things i've read...

I havn't DTD yet either, half of that reason is i don't have a parnter! loz! but i don't want to do it yet either, think it might hurt! lol... and too taking the mini pill - i barely remember to take my preg vitamins every day let alone a pill the same time everyday!

Although it would be noice to get out of the house, i don't think i could go back to work! ui don't want to miss anything with izzy! And i've put uni on hold this year! i was doing it right up untill she was born, but then deffered, i didn't want to leave izzy with someone else for hte first few months where she growing and learning new things... But am planning to go back to it next year!

i've got a baby carrier as well! i use it grocery shopping that way i can carry izzy and trolley at the same time hehe...

i try no to wake izz when she sleeping... but then i wonder if she's sleeping too much, and not getting enough milk... or not sleeping enough! I wish iz came with a programme book! but i must say she is a great sleeper!

Anyone finding that their bubs has WAY to many clothes lolz! Izzy has massive loads! she wouldn't need any for quite a long time! i've even had to put and extra set of draws in her room! and i doubt she is gong to wear them all!

For nappies i go to kmart/big w... I buy the Huggies because i find them the best... but there babylove and snuggles and all them there...

Ozzie - If you find a play group let me know! I wouldn't know where any are around here either!

Welcome alana, congrats on your lil man...

Okay i think i rambled enough! Sooo sleepy now, night ladies!

ok.... I hate it when I have to post and most of the things I want to reply to are on the previous page!! Cos I've had to settle Oskar in the middle of reading, I can't remember everything. He's currently sleeping in my arms and my arm is going numb cos his head is on the wrong spot...lol. I put him down before in his rocker but he woke up so not risking it this time. He'll only catnap for about an hour at the most anyway.

I can't remember who's bubs put on the weight?? WTG though, I remember it was a good gain!! Oskar gets weighed on Tuesday.

Oskar has a stack of clothes and I'm certain he won't wear them all! I try to dress him in something different each day just so he wears them. He spends a considerable amount of time in his Bonds jumpsuits though.

Oskar was a very tired and cranky little man last night. I will start off with the morning... I got my pressie...which was a massage... I totally guessed it and made Andy tell me if I was right cos as I said to him, it's a lovely idea and all but I needed to be able to get used to the idea and also cos someone was going to be touching my body IYKWIM?? Anyway, the lady was really lovely and I was ok after about 5 mins. I've now told Andy that he can organise surprise massages from her anytime cos now I've met her and know her so it's comfy now....so back to Oskar...so after that we went up to Caloundra cos Andy's parents are there for a 2 week holiday in their caravan (they live in Toowoomba). Oskar slept part of the way there and then woke up when we got there. Then they wanted to hold him and take pics. He took this for a little while and then decided enough was enough and give me mum's boob!! (Just put Oskar down cos my arm was dead...!!! let's see how long it lasts)...ok, then we had lunch and after lunch I put Oskar in his HAB and we went for a walk along the beach. He was asleep within minutes. We got back to the caravan after about approx. 40 mins and I sat down and he woke up, had a feed and then they wanted cuddles and pics again...lol..this time Oskar didn't really cooperate and was whinging. I gave him a top up at 4 then we left to come home at around 4:45...it was only 5:20 when we were just near home and I said to Andy we should just keep driving for a little while so we grabbed a drink from the shop and he took me to show me some tanks and the size of the one he wants to get. We milked about half an hour more sleep and came home. He woke up when we got home and poor little mite was so tired he just kept crying. I fed him and he fell asleep but woke when I put him down. So I jumped in the bath with him and he was grizzling (not normal) cos he usually has about a 2 hour sleep in the afternoon in his HAB while I get dinner and everything. I gave him another feed, put him down he woke after about 15 mins so I gave him to Andy and he sat with Andy and fell asleep on his belly and stayed that way until I put him in bed. He slept till 2:30am from about 8. Then 6:30 this morning, so he's feeling a lot better now.

Cass, you're on the other side of town though aren't you?? A mother's group near me wouldn't be very good for you would it?
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; May 6th, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast