Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #3

Rachel - so sorry to hear about your friend. Your mothers group sounds good. My CHN wants me to go next Tuesday as she has another second time mum after a long break between babies who also wants to go to a mothers group. I think it will be good to get out of the house too.

Caro - sounds like you had a rough night. Your DH sounds like a great help. It is great to have that kind of support, especially through the night! I am very lucky, as my DH does the night feeds now that Nic is having a bottle. He is a real night person and usually stays up til all hours, so I go off to bed early, and get up to Nic first thing and get the girls off to school while DH sleeps in.

Cass - I ordered my HAB yesterday!! I had it expressed, so I should get it in a couple of days. I am really excited as Nic has been worse the last coupld of days and to be able to carry him around in that would be great!

Took Nic to the chiropractor again today. So far, I can't see that it is making a difference, but we might need to go a few more times to see any change. I think Nic is worse, but maybe his new medication is just taking a while to kick in??? He was shocking today, just crying all day and wouldn't go to sleep, even in my arms! I have decided to start a new, strict routine with him tomorrow. He is just getting too tired and then it is impossible to get him to sleep. He is also still feeding 3 hourly, so tomorrow I am going to try to stretch him to 4 hours between each feed. That way, he may go longer at night (Yippee!). Anyway, I am hopeful, and I really need something to cling to as I feel I may go mad! Sleep depreivation and a screaming baby are forms of torture I swear!! And I am not even the one with pain!! Poor darling boy, the reflux is really painful, as you can see it in his face.

Anyway, it makes it all worthwhile when he smiles one of his very few smiles! Hope everyone else is going ok. The updated photo's I am seeing are just beautiful! I love Clairs cheeky smile!

Hello everyone, can't chat for long as Ariya had her immunisations today and is not a happy camper but one thing I can do while nursing her is sit at the computer. I hate immunisations :-( She has a fever and won't sleep unless someone is holding her and everytime you touch her legs she screams. Feeling very guiltt.

Just wondering where did you find out about your mothers groups as I would love to do something with just Ariya and me, all she seems to do at the moment is trail around after her big brother.

Got my nappies today a baby kanga, Happy Heiny and a peapod. I am thinking about starting my ownbusiness distributing nappies online and in person through regional Australia as no-one comes up here with any products and it's a real hit and miss game.

Went for my 6 wks check today - unfortunately my appointment is tomorrow - how much of an idiot do I feel like but on the upside I did get to see our uncle and Aunty who are professional photographers and took some photos of Ari in the hospital - so gorgeous, will post a link when I get them and we are going to do a whole family sitting next week - can't wait.

Rachel sorry to hear about your friend. Our thoughts are with you.

JoMaire - ariya was very unsettled after her chiro too but settled the next day.

Caro - hope you mget a better nights sleep today

Sarah , i got the details for my mothers group from the Child Health Nurse, the mothers group here are run by the child health centre. I felt so guilty when Claire had her immunisations but my theory was it was better to have that than for her to get whooping cough or some other nasty thing like that! OOps about showing up to your appointment on the wrong day. I once did that for a job interview.. and still managed to get the job, lol!

Jomarie, poor little Nic, and you too. I agree the sleep deprivation is torture isnt it! I agree you probably need to make a few visits to the Chiro before you see a real improvement. Hope you enjoy your HAB and he enjoys it too!

Bec, yay for M's work promotion, well done!

Rachel, yay about the mothers group - its just nice to get out of the house and spend time with people in the same situation as you hey? I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, so sad

Spent all day at home waiting for my fridge to arrive. It did arrive (after like 4 weeks of me calling the shop to ask where it is!!) and its sooooo cool. I love my fridge. (ok I get excited over small things). DH bought me my mothers day pressie tonight, except it wont be a surprise because he told me what he got!!! Silly man. oh well, I still love him.
    We're going to go to the Baby market in a couple weeks (thanks Cass for the details on that!) Its exciting - I am going to look for a port-a-cot so mum can babysit! Maybe theyll have some cloth nappies there too?? I dont like buying stuff online. I like to touch and see it before I buy it.

ok, well its definately time for sleep now. Goodnight !

Thanks for all of your kind words, it was a massive shock but coming to terms with it now. Had a good night with Grace although she did wake after 6 hours overnight but she went back to sleep this time. Had her immunised this morning - I know what you mean Sarah! She has been so grizzly since, like she was in pain - so i gave her some panadol and wrapped her and gave her cuddles - she is now in the cot sound asleep - bliss. Should have seen the face she pulled when she tasted the panadol! What a silly flavouring, seeing that she has never tasted anything but booby milk. She coughed a bit and cried but we got it down. Was feeling guilty about putting her down when she was crying because she had just been through so much, her poor legs must be killing her.Mother's group was great - can't wait until next week!

Bec- yay on the full day of cloth. I have the bamboozole on grace for the first time today (takes so long to dry), hoping it hasn't leaked when i go to change her. Not too bulky either (I suppose nothing is too bulky when you also use flanalette flats!). Let us know how all of your brands work for you. Congratulations to your DP - how exciting! Enjoy your time with Sebastian while DP is away. By the way, is he liking the HAB now?

JoMarie - we had a second time mum in our group her first daughter is 9. Should be good for you. Sleep deprivation IS a form of torture! I hope he settles for you and you get some sleep. Hope you get the HAB ASAP! You reminded me I really must update the photo's on my site.

Sarah - our council sends us out an 'invite' to mother's group and we book from there. Maybe contact your council and they can help you out. Let us know how your nappies go - we have some peapods and they are better now that they have been washed a few times, I think I need to get some night boosters though. That's a good idea re the nappy distriution. You duffa - oh well, at least you will turn up on time tomorrow!!

Caro - it is emla cream - but it only stops the pain at the skin level. Injections usually hurt when the stuff is being squirted in because it seperated all the tissue inside so may not do much - but it can't hurt i suppose.

Trying to work out where to go for dinner tomorrow night. The restaurant we were going to go to doesn't exist anymore! Who was going out on a dinner date tonight? Well...ENJOY!!

Rachel, i never thought of that - they should make the baby panadol taste like booby milk. Hope she sleeps well for you tonight.

We took Claire to the shops with us last night and she needed to be fed while we were there. I went into the Parents room and it was absolutely disgusting! All the nappy bins were overflowingand the floors and benches were filthy.. and it STUNK so we whinged and they came and cleaned the room!

Claire slpt 7 hours last night!! fantastic. and i weighed her today and she is now 4.4kg.

hope everyone is well

Hi everyone

Had a great day today! I think the Losec is starting to work finally. I woke Nic at 7.30am to feed him, and have been able to stretch him out to 4 hourly feeds all day. I am hoping this will make him go longer at night, as he is still only going 3 hourly. He slept in his cot this morning for 1 1/2 hours and then slept the whole time we were at the shops in his pram from about 12.30pm to 3! Such a darling. When he woke up, he was all smiley and cooing. It was so nice to see him actually happy for a change. Oops, have to go, he's in the shower with DH and it's time to get out.

Just a quick hi. I have Oskar on my lap cos he doesn't want to play with his hanging toy things anymore. He's got the hiccups...lol.

Jo, glad to hear that the med is working for Nic.

Caro hun, I hope that Michael is feeling better poor little man. Have you got the same stuff Jo has??

Karina, make sure you get to the markets as early as you can... I would recommend at least 1 hour earlier than their opening time cos most of the big stuff like portacots etc were gone when we got in the door.

Rachel, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Not a nice thing to happen at all. I'm glad that your mother's group was good though.

Sash, I found the nappies too, after I'd paid full price at Woolies!! lol. Oh well, I bought the infant size to see if they fit Oskar and they do...so we'll finish off his newborn ones and then he can move up to big boy nappies!! WOOHOO!!

Sarah, I'm with Caro, do not feel guilty!! You are doing something to help Ariya! Ps... send me an email with your addy for the clothes!! For some reason every email I send you bounces back to me saying your email doesn't exist.

Hope I got everyone...hi to everyone I missed.

Went and bought Oskar some things for his room today...hehe. Jo, I got the Zanzibar theme stuff for his room, similar to the Malawi one but more of the beige/neutral colours and the green is almost identical to the one we painted for his feature wall. It's going to look fab when it's finished off. I'm glad we waited in some ways to find out if he was a boy or a girl. Now I'm just over the room being too bare and cos I'm not as tired I'm starting to get back into stuff.

Must go, grizzle guts isn't happy with sitting still now...lol.

Hey everyone!

I'm gonna have a vent... Since my mum left on Tuesday... I feel so lost an alone (although i still have family and friends around me) my mum was such a great help with izzy, and now i'm back at home, with just me! it sucks i gotta tell u!

Izzy has been sick for the last week (with a cold) I've taken her to the doctors to double check that it hasn't gone to her chest (which is hasn't) and bought a vapariser for her room, i make sure we at home by 4-5 the latest, so she dosn't get the cold night air, and wrap her up nice and snuggling for bed, been using dimetapp + panadol... but nothing is shifting this bloody cold... which is leaving izzy tired and unsettled...

Although she still sleeps fantastic through the night from 6pm - 11 (feed, bum change) 12- 6am... But Through out the day... she just will not be put down, even for a 5min shower she screams! and this is the horrible blood curtling scream! and i can't even hand her of to anyone else for 5 mins because she just screams louder, and will not settle!

By the end of the day i am absolutly buggured! but also enjoying the time without izzy in my arms! i feel so horrible and useless, i have no idea what i'm doing wrong or right, i feel horrible because she can't seem to shake the cold, breastfeeding is still hurting, i'm still post birth bleeding (doctor seems to think this is normal) I DONT... it just sucks! Although i still wouldn't change anything Love her tooo much!

Well that's my long vent! Apoligies in advance!

i hope every one is doing well!

Going to go off to bed! Night!

Cass... huge to you. I hope Izzy gets better soon. Oskar was like that with me putting him down during the day, now he lets me for about half an hour in the morning and sometimes if I'm lucky in the afternoon so I can have something to eat for lunch even if it is 3pm!! Remember we are all here for you to vent to and chat to although I know it's different to actually having someone there face to face.

Caro... OMG!! They really are twins!! PMSL. I love it, it is soooo cute and it matches the colours we painted his room so perfectly it's not funny and we didn't even choose the colours we painted to match anything like that! You can have a peek on the link in his name and click on baby room to check it out. I will update with a new pic once I put up the hooks etc sometime this week if I can get Andy to do it Nah, I got the sheets on a discount cos they'd been used on display so I got them for $30 and I got the thermal blanket cos Andy liked it better than the fleece one and I got the hooks cos I thought that instead of getting the wall hanging things I'd get the hooks cos they still have pictures but are practical. I'm going to get the quilt but they didn't have it there and I also want the lamp. It will look awesome on your Boori cot!!
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; May 13th, 2007 at 09:40 AM.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!

happy mothers day all you lovely mummies!!!

We're heading over to my mums house for lunch which should be lovely.

hope everyone has a great day!

Hi everyone, Happy Mothers Day! Fairly boring here, M has a cold so we haven't exactly been celebrating, I have to whinge a bit, why is it that he can't possibly look after himself when he has a cold, but when I am sick I still have to do everything?!! Oh well, that's life I guess.

Anyway I didn't really want to do much for Mother's day, so I went out and bought cake and we'll have a nice afternoon tea at home later on. We had a lovely time on Friday night, and S was an angel for our friends who babysat. I even had some wine (i'd expressed milk so figure it was OK) and we had a great dinner. Might have to exploit that avenue again, I think!

Meanwhile S has had some incredible nappies, poo explosions LOL. This morning he did a massive one which leaked through his (disposable) nappy, clothes and muslin wrap, so I put him on the change mat, and then just took off everything and put it in a pile, dressed him in a cloth nappy and put all the dirty stuff together in the washing machine... I go to get the washing out later and realise I'd forgotten to take out the disposable nappy, yes, I WASHED IT So I've binned the disposable and rinsed the clothes once in the sink and then twice more through the washing machine, ugh, what a nightmare! They seem to be OK now, hope it hasn't done the washing machine any harm.

We've been out to the shops a couple of times this week to get clothes for M's Sydney trip and for work as he's moving from warehouse to office, and S has been in the HAB both times - it's great. He's either fallen asleep or just sat there looking around. So many people stare though, not in a bad way, just they think it's weird I think. But he seems to love it and it's comfy for me too, although I must admit he gets a bit heavy after a while.

Cass hope you're feeling better and Izzy is getting over her cold. I know the feeling when S is like that, it's exhausting not even being able to have a shower by yourself! It's also rough when you're on your own, you have my full admiration (I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier though) Re the bleeding maybe get a second opinion as our CHN said if it goes on for longer than 6 weeks you should get it checked out.

Jo glad the losec is working.

Sarah, bummer about going to your appt on the wrong day! I'll have to check out your photos soon, good thing you got to see your aunty and uncle.

Well, lunchtime here, think I might have scrambled eggs! Hope you all had a good day

Caro, thanks, amazing that the colours we chose without seeing the set first are perfect though!! Got some screws today to hang up his hooks so that's the first step, now when Andy is finished watching the footy I will get him to hang them...then cook me dinner cos it's mother's day...hehe. Yep I saw your painting and I LOVE it.

Cass - I got my HAB on Friday, YIPPPEE!! I absolutely love it! I used it all day on saturday, around the house, then to the shops, doing the dishes. I don't know what I did before we had it! Nic went to sleep every time. I love the Zanzibar theme too, so cute. I ended up getting the border for the Malawi stuff as well, but we haven't put that up yet. Nic has just started to be interested in his mobile, he will just lie in his cot and smile at it.

Bec - I just realised you are also in Perth. North or South of the river??

I hope everyone had a lovely mother's day. The girls gave me lovely gifts they made at school, the best kind!! Nic has been a dream the last few days. Sleeping, smiling, feeding better, even playing! He slept 5 hours last night, very exciting!!!! He is like a new baby.

Had better go get the girls into bed, take care!

Jo and Caro, I'm in Subiaco - Sonia is in Perth too but I can't remember where. We should make an effort to meet up sometime IRL Is it you Caro who's in the Swan Valley or am I thinking of someone else?

Had something else interesting to say but I've forgotten what it was LOL must be time for bed, I think! I'm on the downstairs bed tonight - M can keep his germs to himself!! (and hopefully he might sleep better without S and me getting up for feeds/changes... I want him to get better asap before he goes away).

Have a good week everyone!

Hi everyone, hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. We had a great day, not that relaxing though as Grace decided that she wanted to spend mother's day glued to her mother and no-one else! I was the only one that she would settle with all day - and she wouldn't go down either, still nice though. DH got me a beautiful frame that had 6 photo's (2 set of 3) of Grace showing a sequence of events (one is looking,then starting to smile, then big smile). They are in black and white. My DH is such a sweetie.

Well, we got through the immunisations no problemo - She was a bit grizzly afterwards, gave her some panadol and then she slept and slept and slept. Then on Saturday (immunisations on Friday) she was such a good girl and the sleeping continued - she slept while DH walked to the supermarket and back in the pram, she slept when we went to the local shopping centre and then when she wasn't asleep she was just looking around, no crying. It was great. She made up for the no crying yesterday though! When DH got to the shopping centre (I was already there but lost track of time so he bought her down so I could feed her) she was due for her 1pm feed (3 hours) and she was asleep! We didn't know what to do, lol. We had never had this happen before. We were umming and aahing as to whether we should get lunch or wake her...it was hilarious. We ended up getting lunch an she slept through until 2pm which made it a 4 hour feed. It was bizarre - do you think she was still a bit sleepy after her immunisations the day before?

Having a day at home today - will attempt to get the housework done. DH doesn't go back to work until tomorrow so we may have some success at that. The funeral for my friend is on Wednesday so not looking forward to that, I hope it is a celebration of his life so that we can forget the way that he actually died, iykwim. Really don't know what to wear - don't really own a lot of dark clothes that don't have colours on them too. I have a gorgeous black top that I bought on Saturday but it has coloured flowers on it which I'm not sure if that would be appropriate for a funeral, what does everyone think?

Ooops, it's just started raining here, better go and round up some cats before they get drowned! Speak later...

Happy mumz day!!!
    Hope you all had a fab day!!!

I did! izzy was great little girl! even going to other people for cuddles (without screaming) and for and 8weekold i got spoilt with pj's, perfum, soapss - and best of all lots of smiles!!!

hope everyone had a great day! ty for listening to me vent, much better now... ty

Quote Originally Posted by Cass_Blob View Post
    - and best of all lots of smiles!!!
    Cass, that is lovely! Best thing is they're free!

Jo, I love the HAB too!! Oskar just loves it, sometimes he doesn't want to be quite so close though (maybe he is a bit hot) and likes it in the other carrier, but my shoulders don't like it!!

Caro, I do know what you mean, the HAB does take a while to tie on....but...I have found that when Oskar is really fussing that I can put it on really fast and it's neater than when I try to take my time when he's not fussing!!

Rachel, sometimes I'm not sure if I should wake Oskar either. I figure though that when they're hungry or thirsty they'll wake up. I think that your top would be fine to wear to the funeral. Some people wore some brighter clothes at my nan's funeral. It's not disrespectful at all and I think things are a little different these days too. Like you said, a celebration of their life whereas it was never like that in earlier days. You wear what you feel comfortable wearing and I hope that it's not too hard a day for you.

Oskar slept for 9 hours on Sat night... I couldn't believe it!! I woke a couple of times before cos my boobs were sore and I must be used to waking and I just couldn't believe he was still sleeping! I will say though that he'd barely slept all Sat afternoon, so he was probably so tired that he couldn't wake up. Then yesterday he actually slept by himself (not in my arms) on our bed for 3 hours!! I think that it's been partially my fault that he only slept in my arms... I was letting him go to sleep on my boob then when I put him down he'd wake a bit and I think that it kinda startled him to be not where he was when he went to sleep IYKWIM? I've put him on our bed again this morning and he's been asleep for about an hour now. I have to settle him off to sleep but it's giving my arms a break and he's probably sleeping better. I'm touching lotsa wood now that I've opened my mouth...lol. Ok, better go and put his sheets in the wash so I can put them on his cot which Andy picked up for me yesterday

Glad everyone had a lovely day yesterday!!

Forgot to say before... Coles and Bi Lo have Huggies box nappies on special for $31.95 - almost $10 saving. I'm not sure if this is Aust wide or just Qld or Brissy. Just thought I'd share anyway.
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; May 14th, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast