Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #3

lol which side of town u on... lol!

Hi everyone.

well, Nic is asleep in my arms now, after a terrible morning, with tears all around! Keyt took him and Chloe to the park so I could have a sleep as I was up to him a lot last night. We went to the GP on Friday and got Losec, it takes a few days to start working, so in the meantime, we just have to comfort him as best we can...lots of screaming!!!

Cass - I am thinking about buying a HAB, they seem pretty popular on here. I think Nic would love it as he loves being in the carrier I have now, but it's not comfortable to wear. WTG on Oskars sleep!! So lucky, I hop he keeps it up.

Sorry, gotta go, Nic is awake again!!! will post more later

hello all loving these past tow days as DH has been home from work - seems like ages since his had a day off and we haven't had to go somewhere. Got a funny story to tell - what are three words you don't want to hear when DTD with DH after finally finding a moment when both kids are sleeping - whoops forgot the condom (OK that's 4 wds but WTF how doi you forget something like that. so fingers crossed that bleeding i had wasn't AF otherwise we just DTD at our most fertile time. Guess only time will tell.

Karina - yes only huggies make that particular size and yes the biggest pack you can get is the bulk (in plastic) Snugglers make a small size that goes up to 8kg which I used with DS. We are only using sposies at night now so I just buy the Huggies and woohoo due to my HUGE stash of nappies that I bought during pg I haven'yt had to buy any yet :-)

cass - lucky you having too many clothes. We didn't buy much as I didn't know what the temp would be here (only just moved) turns out it hot all year round but all the shops are forced to stock winter clothes only so Ariya has 4 outfits :-) Worst of all now she's into 00 all I have are body suits :-( Can't wait for winter to be over.

Jo Marie - love my HAB apparently it is good for bubs with colic and reflux as it keeps then upright. I got mine off Ebay but I am thinking of making my own so i can have one in the car and one at home.

Betrter go do something productive

Sara, email me at [email protected] as I have some girl things which got given to me whilst I was pg... and I seriously don't think Oskar will like them I will send the stuff to you. There's not a lot, but there's a really cute little dress and a little summer jumpsuit ummm can't think what else, but I do have some things. I was lucky as I got a lot for Oskar from a friend who's bub is 6 months older.

Cass, I'm at Burpengary on the northside.

Jo, they are FABULOUS!! I still use the carrier at times if I want to just do something quickly, but seriously won't be for much longer cos it really hurts my shoulders whereas the HAB doesn't cos of the way it holds bubs in against your body. You will love it if you get one!! I got the mocha and light blue...so cute and Oskar just LOVES it. Caro has one so she'd be able to tell you where to get them from in Perth if you don't know where. I hope that Nic's med works for him hun and that you get some better nights. Tell Keyt good on him for being such a good man and taking the kids for you.

Ok, funny story.. yesterday Andy goes to buy me a pressie for today... he also stops in at the chainsaw shop...lol...gets home and proceeds to tell me about them. So we go back up there and the lady at the shop was saying how cute Oskar is etc. Andy says to me of course he's cute he takes after me so I crack up laughing and tell him he wishes... then he goes oh and you too, but you're beautiful and he's cute...lol. Then he decided that the pressie he bought me was probably more of a mother's day pressie (and I know what it is cos I was showing him something in a catalogue and could tell by the look on his face...lol) so he went back to the shops and when he got home he told me to close my eyes, I thought but anniversary is tomorrow. Anyway, he bought me these cool moo cow slippers (I'm a cow nut) and said they were for being a "good wifey" in his words...rofl. How cute! He's just chopping down a tree with his chainsaw now then we're going to go and have a little bit of a picnic lunch with Oskar. Shall chat a bit more later, have a great day

SArah, wow I havent had any bleeding or period yet, but I dont want to dtd with "protection" just in case things are starting back up kwim? I'm sure the "oops forgot the condom" thing happens lots. I hope whatever happens is what you want. wow thats pretty amazing you havent had to buy morenappies. We only bought about 200 nappies when I was pregnant as hubby wouldnt allow me to buy more lol! but i also got a box of Woolworth brand newborn nappies and they are still too damn big for Claires bum, wtf?

Jomarie, i hope the Losec works for your little man. its so sad to see them so upset isnt it.

Cass how cute about the moo cow slippers! hope you had a lovely anniversary day.

Cass_blob, I am the same as you now... at first I wanted to go back to work part time in August, but now I am really rethinking it, coz my parents work so she will need to go in to childcare.. but I want to see her grow and change everyday and see her walk and talk etc for the first time. I dont know what to do lol! aww how cute is izzy when she smiles!!

Claire has been doing this thing constantly - she sucks on her fist (its amazing how much of it can fit in her mouth lol). I dont know if its a comfort thing or if she is telling me she is hungry? She does it like all the time when awake, but when i try to get her on my breast she pushes away? Am I not feeding her enough, or does she just not like me? what do you think?

Went shopping yesterday and got some more nappies, more newborn size cos theyre the only ones in the big boxes! Anyway, it was meant to be on special for $29 from $36 for the box but when they scanned it, it came up as $18. Bargain!

Karina, what sort of nappies and where from?? Oskar does the fist thing sometimes, but it is more when he wakes after his long sleep and the one after that. Then he doesn't seem to do it so much, so for him I think it's when he is hungry and if he's really tired he kinda fusses and sucks the side of his finger a bit cos he can't find the rest...lol. If Claire's pushing you away I'd say she isn't hungry. She might just like how it feels?? Or maybe she's going to be a thumb sucker?? It may be a little bit of security instead of your boob or dummy.

well i just popped in real quickly just to see how everyone is going,,,,
    karina- wow claire must b tiny to fit in newborn nappie s still too cute were almost in oo wont be long.
    im excited my sil gave me my cot mobile back as i was looking to buy one over the ebay and she said i can have it back so we wiull try that out tommorrow,
    poo taylen just farted boy he stinks his on my lap.
    better go off to footy training well not me my eldest son zaiah.

savina

Cass, I bought my latest lot of nappies from Coles.. Babylove brand. thanks, i thought the fist sucking thing may have been a comfort thing too. I tried a dummy one night when I was about to go crazy but she wouldnt have it! so she probably will end up sucking her thumb.

Savina,
    Claire is still tiny, still in 0000 clothes! We just got given a whole bunch of 000 and 00 clothes for her but theyre still too big. Claire loves her mobile! She smiles at it - so funny! lol Claire is a little stinker too sometimes - must be something I ate?

I've updated Claires website and put some photos of her smiling. Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

Hi All
    SOunds like everyone is settling in to being mummies!!
    Kaiden is going really well.

Karina K is sucking his fist big time.. I think its just a comfort thing, i dont give him the dummy that much as he wont really take it, he jsut spits it out.

DTD lastnight.. Ouch but after that it was just fine, actually must say was awesome. Looking forward to DTD again. Friday night is our 5th Year wedding anniversary so we are having a romantic night in.

Kaiden is sleeping a bout 10 hours during the night and feeding every 2.5hrs during the day. lets hope he stays at good boy for us. He still spews everytime we feed him, i really wish that would stop.

K has so many clothes, still in 0000 but starting to fit into some 000. Still in newborn nappies, finishing off the last box then will move to the infants..

DH just got home.. must go..

Sorry cant do individuals.

Savina, glad to hear you're going well

Karina, Oskar hated the dummy at first but one day I just held it in there cos I needed to go to the shops for some things and he took it... so I do use it if I put him in the HAB to settle him off to sleep and sometimes if I'm out and need to tie him over to feed him or in the car if he's screaming it down...lol...which he does cos he doesn't really like being in the back on his own I think. Cos if you hop in there with him he's a lot better.

Sonia, woohoo for DTD!! Congrats on your anniversary, I hope you have a great day!!

I took Oskar to get weighed today and he's my little porky pig...lol. He's now 4550 grams, a whole kg in 3 wks and is 3.5cm longer. He's still in 0000 although won't be for much longer and also still in newborn nappies. I think he can fit in the odd 000 but only smaller ones. I hate how the sizes are not all the same between brands and can be a HUGE difference too, not just small.

Sarah, for some reason my email keeps bouncing back to me saying you don't exist. I will try to send it from my hotmail one, but in the meantime would you send me your addy to the bigpond email you sent the last email to?? Thanks hun.
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; May 8th, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Ha ha, grace can be a stinker too. Gosh she can do some loud farts, I really have to stop doing this but when she farts it makes me laugh, itís sounds so funny such a loud noise out of such a cute little bottom! I have a wacky sense of humour.

Karina, Grace sucks her thumb and fist all the time, she just loves to suck on things. Funny you should ask about the rocker, up until 3 days ago she did sleep in her rocker, but in the last 3 days she is not happy in it at all. She starts crying as soon as we put her in, donít know why. We have started putting her into her cot earlier in the evening now so maybe that has something to do with it. Yay on the weight gain, she would feel huge compared to birth for you, but she would be so little for me as my not-so-little girl is now 5.3kgs! I feel it now when carrying her around.

I will second Cass on how great the hab is. I have a navy blue and red one. I got it online from anewblessing dot com dot au.

JoMarie, hope the losec kicks in soon for the both of you, must be very tiring.

Happy Anniversary Cass. Hope you have had a nice day. You will have nice warm feed this winter huh, sounds sweet. I dress Grace up in her clothes if we are doing something or someone is coming over, but if we are just mucking around at home for the day I tend to leave her in her wondersuit.

Sarah, glad you had some nice time off with your DH. Oh dearÖI am so finicky about contraception at the moment because I do NOT want to get pregnant again yet. I absolutely adore Grace but happy to just adore her now. I hope it wasnít AF for your sake! We use sposies at night too, We had to change some newborn packs over as Grace grew out of them too quick. Because it was hot down here when I was going crazy and buying lots of neutral clothes for Grace as we didnít know if she was a she or a he, I got too many summer 000 clothes which she wonít wear as it is too cold down here! I am keeping them though, for next time, just in case otherwise I would offer them to you. How cute at talking to the bear.

Cass_blob, are you over you cold? Iím not going back to work until the end of January (unless I need to for financial reasons) but it is going to be hard. Hard because I love my job and I do miss it to a certain point, but the biggest reason is the same reason as you. I donít want to miss anything, I love being around her. Grace has way too many clothes that donít fit her yet! Will be great when she gets into those sizes but at the moment donít have room to store them all.

Savina, wow 6.18kgs! That seems big but when I put it in perspective it seems alright as Taylen was almost a kg bigger than Grace at birth. How quickly they grow. Now that must be hard, raising 4 kids and living with your in-laws. No wonder you couldnít relax, I wouldnít be able to either.

Well, I think I have covered everyone. Apologies if I have missed anyone. We are doing well. Grace is 2 months today! Where has the time gone? She is sleeping really well overnight, last night she fed at 7.30pm then didnít wake again until 4.30am, I was one very happy mummy. She is not sleeping well in the daytime though, so by mid afternoon she is exhausted and gets quite grizzly. My mum suggested that I wrap her and put her in her cot to see if that helps as she gets wrapped overnight, what do you think? Feeding has improved, not fussing as much now which is great. Expressing is getting better too. Have managed to get 120mls in 10 minutes, out of just one breast, the last 2 mornings. Have taken to doing it in the morning as that is when I am fuller due to the longer break between feeds. My parents are babysitting on Saturday evening so DH and I can go out for dinner and have some Ďusí time so working on the EBM so she can be fed. Need to get her immunized this week, thinking Friday as DH will be home all day and night so if she is a bit grizzly and feverish afterwards at least I donít have to do it on my own.

Is everyone looking forward to Sunday? For most of us it will be our first ever mummyís day!I know DH is organizing something for me as obviously Grace is too little, but it will be so exciting when she gets older. What is everyone doing?

Start motherís group on Thursday which will be good. We are supposed to bring a plate of food, should I take something sweet or savoury? Iím thinking sweet. Looking forward to it actually as I donít really know too many people with kids, let alone people with kids in the area.

Grace hates being on her tummy. Is anyone else like this? She screams, she has the strength in her arms and neck so that isnít the problem but she just does not like it at all, very strange. We had a bath together the other night, it was great, she smiled and cooed the whole way through it, canít wait to do it again.

WellÖ.I hope everyone is ok and starting to relax and enjoy motherhood, it seems to get easier and easier everyday, although have to say that it still seems weird that I am a mother! Everyone take care.

Rachel, Claire gets cranky when I place her on her tummy. Makes tummy time tricky as she makes fists and starts crying and bashing at the floor. hmmm tricky about the plate thing - whenever I go somewhere people tend to bring something sweet, so in my case I would bring something savory. Or maybe a salad? My hubby makes this really tasty salad called Caprese. Really easy to make. Wow thats great how Grace is sleeping through the night. and wow at how much you can express! My expressing efforts are quite lame in comparison, lol, even when my boobs are about the explode. Hope Grace isnt too cranky after her needles. Claire slept for like 3 hours after hers. Claire sometimes loves the rocker but other times hates it. I guess she just has to be in the mood for it. She is definately feeling very heavy now, and I am feeling it more now because I have managed to hurt my shoulder some how.

Caro, yay for september. That is when our anniversary is too.

Cass, we find Claire likes someone to sit with her in the back too sometimes. but usually just falls asleep quickly. I tink she likes the company. I am abit funny about using a dummy. I think theyre yukky.. dont know why!

well Little miss is now sleeping... she was so happy and settled and having some booby, then hubby came home about 10:30 and she got distracted and cranky! I gave her one of my first baths on my own this afternoon - usually hubby is here to help me. She smiled at me the whole time! So cute. Went out to the photo place and got a whole bunch of photos printed out. My dad wants to see Claire.. but I am not so keen on seeing him right now (I am not really in contact with him - long story) so I am just going to post a photo to him so he stops asking my mum about us.

hope everyone is doing well. gosh cant believe the time! better get to bed.

Hmmm, good point about the sweet v savoury thing. Maybe I could do a platter with cheese and biscuits, tomato, carrot and celery? Something a bit healthier also. I don't always get that much when I express - generally only when she has slept longer than usual and I am bursting so she only takes from on side. This morning I only got 70mls - but I didn't express for that long as didn't want her to crack it so had to get it done while she was happy lying on the floor. Yay on first bath on your own, so cute when they smile at you the whole time. I have had to bath on my own a fair bit with DH doing night shift, he starts at 5pm and bathtime is after this feed. How did you hurt your shoulder? Hope it feels better soon. I'm going to get Grace's immunisations done on Friday morning. Sleeping afterward seems like a fairly calm reaction, I hope I get that from Grace and not cranky and grizzly! I really should go and get some more photo's printed out. We got all the photo's printed in her first 2 weeks and haven't printed any since, she looks a wee bit different now! Didn't realise how quickly baby's grow and change otherwise we might not have gotten so many printed so early, oh well. Just about to feed little miss who has had a short sleep in her cot for the first time ever. Normally she won't sleep in her cot during the day, but my mum suggested I wrap her lightly and put her in as that is what we do at night, so gave it a go. She lay awaked for ages but eventually fell asleep. DH is just changing her nappy and then it is food time! Have a good day ladies.

Hi everyone, haven't posted for a while so might have to be quick - you guys have been busy chatting!

We dtd soon after the 6 wk check but haven't since. It was actually fine, I was worried and I felt a little tender but it was still nice. I'm on the mini-pill, this one you have to take +/- 3 hours, not 1 hour so not too hard. I set my mobile to alarm everyday at the same time so I don't forget. Not that I'm having a whole lot of sex LOL, mainly because I'm tired and we go to bed at different times - M is in bed by about 9:30 usually but I stay up to do a dreamfeed with S.

Tried to change S' sleeping pattern at night last week. He normally has his last feed around 7-8 and then I dreamfeed at about 10:30-11, and he'll sleep through until 2 or 3. So I thought I might cut out the dreamfeed as sometimes he doesn't want it anyway. I went to bed around 10 and he woke up at 12 both nights, ugh! And then again at 4, and we get up at 5, (normally he wakes at 5 too). So we're back to how we were - it's about the same amount of sleep for me but it means I have a slightly longer sleep first then a shorter one, which is somehow a bit more bearable. I can always take a nap during the day if I need it.

S had his immunisations last week, cried a bit when he got the needles and slept a whole lot for the next couple of days. I gave him a little bit of children's panadol but he spat it out and then vomitted, so I guess he doesn't like it. I tasted it and I can't blame him. It's disgusting - who thought cherry (and a bad cherry at that!) would be a good flavour for babies? Anyway he didn't seem too bad so I decided to just leave him to it. A bit grizzlier than usual at night but otherwise fine.

Mother's group was good this week, we went for coffee afterwards and they're a nice bunch. Was going to go to the exercise classes offered at the hospital today but decided to tackle Mt Washing instead (with good results, it's all done!) We got our nappies and covers in the mail today - S is currently wearing a BBH and a motherease cover. Gee it's big, but I guess the nappy will fit him until toilet training so that's why.

We found the infant size disposables in the Coles brand too. But only in the 32 pack. Also I've decided for disposables we'll stick to Huggies because I think the Coles brand ones are leaking crystals onto his skin and I don't like that idea. They're not that much cheaper anyway.

Re childcare I went to a couple of places last week as I'm going to work in Term 3 (end July). I don't want to leave him there! But that's just cause I don't want to leave him anywhere, both places I looked at were really really nice, very clean with lovely staff and they think S is beautiful Yay for the extra money from the budget, right?!

Well, better get to and cook dinner I guess. Ooh, Dh and I are going on a date on Friday we have a friend to babysit and we're just going to a local restaurant so are closeby if anything happens. I'm a bit nervous but hopefully it will be all OK. I got offered some work (parent interviews) on Saturday too but don't think I'll take it. It's 7 hours I'd be away from Sebastian and he's not that keen on the bottle... besides my breasts will be like rocks after not feeding for that long LOL

So much for being quick...

Caro what is Oskar's twins weight now? lol...that's a little bit of a mouthful sometimes.

Rachel, sometimes Oskar likes being on his tummy and other times he chucks a tanty about it. I'm not sure if it depends on how soon after a feed or if he's got wind or what. Sometimes he's happy to even have a nap on his belly. A platter with cheese and celery etc sounds nice

Karina, I don't like dummies either, but it has meant I can do the groceries or tie him over till I stop the car when driving at times. I'm hoping that I can get him to not need to have it soon. I don't speak to my dad either...not that he's asked my brother or mum for any pics of Oskar or anything to do with me. His loss anyway.

Sasha, sounds like Sebastian is doing well which is great to hear!! It's good you have some nice mums to share some time with, nothing like a good chat over a cuppa!!

Today we went to some new mother's group thing which is done through Qld Health and the HCN was a bit of a funny one. She's older and came across a lot of the time as though she was telling everyone what to do IYKWIM? Like, next week we are going to talk about sleeping etc cos it seems that most of the babies in our group don't like to sleep much in the day on their own. Now, we all did say that we don't have an issue with this cos they sleep pretty well at night, but she doesn't seem to retain this information...lol...so it's a little frustrating. I figure though that if I hear something I wish to use I will and if I don't then I'm getting out of the house for a couple of hours and interacting with adults so it's all good either way.

Does anyone else have issues with partners upsetting the apple cart... eg... Oskar was quite happy in his rocker this arvo while I was making dinner but Andy decided to straighten him up as he was leaning to the side... before I could stop him he'd upset Oskar by moving him and so I couldn't eat my dinner without getting up all the time. Now he's just picked Oskar up out of bed cos he started grizzling... but he would've gone back to sleep. I am really frustrated right now cos I know he means well and I don't want to say something again cos I already did about the rocker cos I don't want to sound like I'm picking on everything ...but I'm the one who ultimately has to deal with it. Oskar would've slept through till 3-4am but now who knows what he's going to do...!!! GRRRR...I better go and sort it out. I was having a good day till this evening cos Oskar even slept without me having to hold him and was happy in his rocker which usually he isn't!! I even got to wash my hair without him screaming. *sighs* Speak to you later.

Hi girls, what an ordinary morning. Grace didn't sleep from 4am to 6am so i was up and down settling her, DH was on night shift last night so just me here. Then to top it off DH came home and told me that an old friend killed himself last night. I am devastated and shocked - did not see that coming, and only saw him 2 weeks ago. On a brighter note, start mothers group today so hopefully that will be good, will let you know. hope everyone else is having a better morning.

thanks caro. i'm sorry you had such an ordinary night. I shouldn't complain, it wasn't that bad, but because it's so rare it really hits hard! Feeling much better this arvo. have been at mothers group which was really good, all the ladies seem very nice and all the babies are between 8 and 10 weeks which is good (one is 5 months but born 2.5 months early so developementally she is 10 weeks). It was good to be around other mums and see that their babies cry too! got my parents for dinner tonight as i didn't feel like being alone and DH is at work again. funny though, 3 other women in the group delivered at the same hospital as me, which i thought was great, they all didn't think it was that good. funny how everyone has different experiences.

Rachel I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, that must have been an awful shock for you. Great about mothers' group though - it's nice to get in touch with some others with babies of similar age, isn't it?

Wow Caro you had a busy night! Poor thing. Is Michael better able to keep his food down now?

We had a fully cloth-nappied day today! Tried out the new covers I got yesterday with the BBH, Mandymacs and also tried a Pocket Change AIO. It's just a bit of getting used to how big they are on him, quite odd looking after the little disposables.

Ooh, also who was it who was trying to find Infants size Huggies in a bigger size? Bought some on special from Coles today for $18 something and they're a 46 pack.

Exciting news for M's work - he got a promotion recently and they told him today he's getting his own office and is flying to Sydney next week for training, how cool! Unfortunately I can't go with and it's only two and a half days anyway so S and I will just do some visiting and fun stuff together. I'm so proud of M, and he's pleased as punch, it's great

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast