... 23456 ...

thread: Babies Born March 2007

Jun 2006
    Perth, WA

Wow, Nat, sounds like you had a bit of hard time but glad Taia arrived OK in the end! I totally know what you mean about being in love Hope your milk settles down for you soon, though, those rock-boobs are not comfortable, are they?!

Sebastian was much better yesterday and has generally been really good today. Both M and I have a sore throat, I'm hoping it's because I snored last night (not that I really want to be snoring, but the alternative is a cold, which I'm not keen on!). S has also been sneezing a lot more than usual, so perhaps that's why he's been so tetchy lately? Will stock up on the Vitamin C tonight and hopefully get a good night's sleep. M took S away downstairs this morning from about 5 am and I slept in till about 8... bliss to have a few hours' extra sleep! He also appears to be settling into a very loose routine, where he'll sleep from around 7 or 8pm until 10:30-11, and then through until 2ish, which is really good.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm off to cook dinner, not sure what we're going to have yet!

Nov 2006
    south brisbane

Sonia- i had a laugh when u said i needed mother of the year bravery award. i think i need an insane award im crazy for wanting 4 kids its tough but ill get the hang of it eventually and to top it off i live with the in laws so i am crazy well at least going crazy,,,were saving to build on our land.

thankyou everyone for your kind words about being a hard sahm to 4 kids its tuff but i love my kids ....
    anyway Taylen is being a little testing at the atm he is not settiling and is really giving me a test i feed him, burp him and check his nappy when he cries i putr hgim down in his baby swing or lay him down in his bed and he cries like his in real pain i pick him up and he stops anyone else get this???????? his getting very spoilt so hard not to but really wat do u do just wants me to pick him up,,,,,
    i hope all the babies are doin well

Oct 2004
    Sydney

Natty welcome! Congrats on the birth of Taia. OMG at your epidural experience. I think i'd be screaming too! Taia is so cute! Hope your boobs stop hurting so much.

Sasha, sounds great about the sleep in. I always try to sleep when Claire is asleep too. Hope you havent caught a cold.

Savina, i hope Taylen settles down for you. Claire cries like she is in pain and only settles when we pick her up, but not very often (mainly at 2 am she does this!!!) I find it takes a feeed, a play and a cuddle then she will settle. I think sometimes she is just over stimulated and tired and doesnt know what to do. I hate leaving her for ages when she is crying!

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2006
    Getting to know Brisbane all over again

Hi all *march mummies, have visitors at the moment, in fact for the rest of the week - no doubt will need to vent come the weekend. Ariya is being very fussy tonight and either is feeding very quickly or isn't eating well at the moment, hard to figure out.

Found the best thing for night feeds at *toys are us called a nurse and glow, it's a pillow with a nightlight in it. We have been trying the sidelying position but Ariya is still learning to perfect it so it makes it hard. I think I probably disturb Dh a little feeding during the night, just by moving around. the first few nights he would sit up in bed still asleep while i was feeding - it was hilarious.

So far the only person to think Ariya was a boy was a midwife at the hospital and she was looking at Ariyas chart saying he and little boy and then she's gone - oh it's a girl then continued to call her a he. really peeved Dh off.

Gotto go catch some sleep *i am so tired today and it is only going to get worse with another 2 kids descending upon us soon( SIL and kids) hope everyones bubba are well

Natty - well done on the birth of your little girl - woohoo another march girl, hope your boobs settle soon.

Oh anyone elses bubba growing out of newborns nappies? Did i read the other day you can take unopened boxes back to the shops? Do you need a receipt?

Anyone heard from Brooke or Catherine?

Jul 2006
    Berwick, Melbourne

Nat, congratulations. You poor thing putting up with that from your epidural - I couldn't stand it (bad experience with a lumbar puncture has made me fear needles in the back). I hope your swelling and aches ease soon. The hard boobs do ease, although rather uncomfortable to begin with. Taia is just gorgeous. I know what you mean about being madly in love - it is amazing isn't it?

Bec, I hope you manage to fight off that cold. Yay for the extra sleep. Grace has been really unsettled overnight and today and I was so tired this afternoon, DH took care of Grace while I slept - I felt great afterwards, unfortunately dinner plans went out the window as it was so late, so we were naughty and got pizza. Our second take away meal since we came home, not bad I think.

Savina, Grace has been the same the last 24 hours or so, really screaming unless she is picked up.She is really seeking comfort, I don't want to form any bad habits but i can't leave her to scream. She just gets so tired that she doesn't know what to do with herself.

Hope everyone has a good night, fingers crossed we have a better night too - we were up for 2 hours overnight trying to settle our little girl. Sleep well.

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

HMMM - I did just write a long reply - but for some reason it didnt post
    So i'm going to quickly write a short one so i can go back to sleep

Congrats Natty on ur labour-

izzy is doing great - mummies perfect little angel (most of the time hehe) she weighs 4kgs now!!! And is already 9 days old, where does the time go!

We've had a few moments where i felt like i had no idea what i was doing, izzy screaming and i couldn't work out why, turned out she needed big burb, poo, and heaps of cuddles of mum and nana to settle! I'm so thankful i staying with my mum atm, she'z being a great help!

As for me - i'm doing okay, still a bit sore and tender but improving... 've lost all my preg weight which i think is great, and can fit back into my fav. trusty pair of jeans! Emotionally i'm doing great,ive had a few moments, but for the most part i'm just sooo inlove and happy its wonderful...

Hope everyone and bubs are doing well!

Luv Cass an Izzy

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

Jul 2006
    Perth, WA

Oh photos are great Cass..

I have to set my freewebs webiste up stil need to upload photos.

Well girls im glad everyone else is in the same boat, I am so tired, Kaiden is feeding more and more and im exhausted. I feel like 2hrs sleep is going so quickly. I am letting him cry for a little bit before i get up, i feel bad, but i just cant seem to get my head of the pillow. Feeling very emotional today thank god i dont have anything on and just going to stay home in my pjs all day. Weather is cooler today which makes me alot happier im sweating so much in the heat. I go back to the nurse on Thursday cant wait to check his weight and height and see how he going, still need to book in to OB and Paed.. Must do that today.

Oh one good thing that happened on the weekend, I no longer need to use the shield. VERY HAPPY in deed!!!

WEll better go sooooo tired.

Thinking of you all.

Love Sonia.

Oct 2004
    Sydney

Sarah, lol about the silly midwife thinking Ariya was a boy. I hope your visitors dont drive you crazy. We are still using newborn nappies. I found the Woolworths brand newborn nappies are much larger than Huggies. We use Huggies. I have also heard you can return unopened boxes of nappies.. I'd assume you'd need a recipt but I am really not sure.

Rachel, hope Grace settles better tonight.

Cass, great to hear you are doing well! Izzy is so beautiful.

Sonia, i do the same - letting Claire cry for a bit. I am hoping DH will get up and get her lol!!! but it usually doesnt happen. YAY on not needing to use a shield any more!

I weighed Claire the other day and she is now 3.17kg, so she put on 170g in about a week. I definately think she is much longer now too. Does anyone elses bub get hiccups everytime you feed? She gets them about 30 minutes after I finish each feed, then I have to get her up and feed her again to stop the hiccups!

How much water is everyone dinking each day? I feel like i am always drinking water, but I still always feel dyhydrated. Any one else?

Jul 2006
    Perth, WA

hey karina

drinking about 1 ltr each day,,, and not going to the toilet so obviously still dehydrated and should drink more. Kaiden gets the hiccups about 10 minutes after i put him down after most feeds and i too have to get him back up and give him taps on the back and belly rubs.

Sometimes Kaiden only feeds for about 10 minutes on each boob and thats about it, is everyone else the same?? how long roughly are your little one feeding for?

Kaiden has also lots of the Milias (newborn acne) i hope it goes away soon.. its on his cheeks..

Oct 2004
    Sydney

Sonia thanks. I find that Claire only have short feeds sometimes too, especially at night but that might be because I have less milk at night. Claire has those pimply things too, but only a couple near her nose and one on the side of her head. I didnt know what they were!

I wonder how Shell went the other day. Anyone heard from her??

I also was wondering about Brooke and Catherine. Havent heard from either in a little while.

Jul 2006
    Berwick, Melbourne

Cass, great photo's. Izzy is gorgeous. Glad you are feeling great. Yay on losing all pregnancy weight, that must be exciting.

Sonia I hope Kaiden settles for you soon. Yay on not needing the shield anymore. Hope you get some good sleep soon. Feed length varies anywhere from 15 minutes to 40 minutes. Sometimes she takes the second breast, sometimes she doesn't. Lots of wet nappies though. We are now starting to use sposies overnight as she is just drowning the cloth nappies and she HATES a wet nappy, boy does she crack it! lol! Like her mum I've been told!

Karina, Grace gets hiccups most feeds but usually falls asleep with them (while we are cuddling of course). My mum said when I used to get the hiccups it stopped me from vomiting, well Grace usually gets them after she has vomitted! I am drinking heaps of water and always feel like I need more. Feel like I don't go to the toilet much but I think I go normal amount (urine not dark or anything), but compared with what it was like when I was pregnant it feels like not going much!

Brooke is probably so busy with 2 little ones that she hasn't had time to get on the net. I'd love to hear how they have all gone though.

Well, we went to visit the community nurse today and Grace was weighed and measured etc - she has gained another 390g in 1 week - little piggy! She is now 4.030kg (she was 3.5kg at birth). She has grown a little bit too. Also found that she has a slight positional talipes of her right foot that we need to massage out everyday so that it fixes itself. Apparently caused by the position she was in me. The nurse said not a concern just need to get onto it now - it's easily fixed but if not treated she will have a limp when she is older! Now that it has been pointed out I can't believe we didn't notice it! Like anything though, it's only subtle but once you know..... So she is growing amazingly well, no concerns with my milk supply here, lol! All developmental stuff as it should be. We got the enrolement forms for preschool today - apparently we have to put our enrolement preferences in now!! It asks for year of enrolement - I have no idea, is preschool the year before school? So would that be when she is 4 or 5 (don't know the rules for starting school, doesn't it depend on when you were born in the year?). That was the last thing I had on my mind now. Had a fantastic night last night. Fed at 7.30pm then unsettled period, gave bath at 8.30pm - went to sleep then woke at 2am! So glad we went to bed at 10pm, that extra sleep certainly helped. Then she fed at 5.30 then 9.20. So excellant night. Hope everyone else has a good night.

Mar 2004
    Melbourne

Hi girls I am going to join you all properly a little later but I just wanted to pop in and say the midwives at my hospi recommended drinking 3 litres of water per day when b/feeding (any kind of fluid, doesnt have to be all water). So get drinking girls! I know I have failed every day so far, but am still trying...

Nov 2006
    south brisbane

cass- i have the same nappy bag as u except in aqua, but its fallen apart it wasnt that expensive and the bassinet is the same but just a diff print taylen loves it well half the time anyway thats were he sleeps , izzy is reall cute

karina- i feel constantly thirsty which is rare for me i can easily scull down drinks which iv never been able 2 to do i think its all in that were breastfeeding

Rachel- taylen was 4.030 kg at birth and he only lost 200gm after birth , when the nurse come out he was 9 lbs 2ozs at 5 days old so id love to c wat he ways now hes a little porka
    when i get the chance im going to weigh him at the chemist just to see;

im still feeding him snacks like every 2 hrs duiring the day we manage to get 4 hrs sometimes straigght of a nite , im considering giving him formula as well to see if this helps does anyone know if this is ok??????? as im constantly feeding him this makes it really hard when u have other kids

sonia- taylen has those pimple things on his face as well , its gone from me to him

Jul 2006
    Berwick, Melbourne

Jessica, glad to hear you are home. Hope all is well with you and little Tate. How is Aiden coping with his new brother? 3 litres of fluid! Is there enough time in the day to go to the fridge that often! lol! Looking forward to hearing all the details of your stay in casey and how everything went when you get a spare minute.

Savina, 2 hourly feeds you poor thing. How exhausting, especially with the other kids. I don't see there being a problem with giving formula as well, are you thinking that he wants more than you are making? ANother option, although a pain, could be to express some milk and give that in a bottle, that way he is still getting your milk but because you are giving it in a bottle you know how much he has had so maybe he will stay satisfied longer? Just a suggestion, but I know giving a combination is not a problem as that is what women do who have an inadequate supply. Hope you work something out.

WE had a horrid night last night, Grace was very unsettled after her feeds and when she did finally fall asleep she would wake up again soon later for another feed because she was taking os long to fall asleep, every 3 hours she fed! Which doesn't sound so bad but when you are trying to settle for 2 of those hours it leaves little time for sleep! Hoping for a better one tonight!

Taia's Mum Guest

Hi Everyone! We've just finished a big feed and TJ is down for a good sleep now! My boobs are still hard but the pain is easing - same with the stitches.

Had a better night last night - a few explosions in the nappy and a few feeds...but after that she went back to sleep pretty quickly! Thank god!

Mum goes back to Tassie tomorrow. So it will be a bit scary to be by myself but I'm sure it will be ok!

Might go have a rest now! Hope everyone is well. Can't wait to hear from Shell!

Oct 2004
    Sydney

Rachel, thats great that Grace is putting on weight and all the developmental stuff is going as it should. Wow @ already having the forms for kinder. That is not really something I had thought about so soon! I think kinder here is the first year of school so a few years off for us. In NSW you can start school at 4.5 years. Probably differnt in VIC though!

Jessica, thanks for the water information. Gosh, i definately dont drink 3 litres a day!! thats heaps. Hope you are well.

Savina, not sure on giving formula as well as breast milk. I cant see how it would be a bad thing though? I've been thinking of expressing breast milk and using it sometimes.

Natty,
    hope your boobs and stiches feel better soon. I'm sure you'll do great after your mum goes back home. TBH I felt so much more comfortable on my own with Claire than I did when family were staying over. Bellybelly is a wealth of info too.

well little miss sounds like she is about to wake up and ask to be fed. She does these cluster feeds every hour sometimes. I suppose its good because it means my breast dont have time to fill up so much and go super hard! Claire was very unsettled yesterday. We'd settle her, then put her in her cot and 10 minutes later she'd be cryin, and this went on for about an hour and a half. Finally at about 10pm she was a sleeping, then didnt wake again till about 2am, so I got about 4 hrs of sleep in.

Hope everyone is getting a little bit of time to rest.

Jul 2006
    Perth, WA

Hi Everyone

Wowo 3ltrs goodness me, Im lucky to get my one ltr.. Dont have time to drink so much..

Kaiden has been very unsettled lastnight and today he is grunting and groaning and trying to get wind out, he has pooed and farted all day but it still seems to linger.. I dont know if its something I am eating that is affecting it and not going away. I put him on his belly at 3am and he stopped grunting and groaning for while but i dont want to leave him on his belly, i wont be able to sleep knowing something might happen to him on his belly with SIDS.

Kaiden has gone from 3hr feeds to 2hr feeds.. Ahhhhh I cant wait till it goes up to 5hrs.. I really need some sleep, getting tired and grumpy.

Can anyone help as to how to relieve wind, i cant use the Infacol drops yet until he is 4 weeks.

I booked the OB, GP & Paed so all done.. I cant wait to go the health nurse this week, few questions to ask her.

Can i ask if anyone has done the deed with their Partners????? I am contemplating it, but a bit scared.

Also, anyone elses wrists, neck and back hurting from the feeding, carrying burping etc??..

... 23456 ...