Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #2

Shell you're being far too accomodating to your visitors . Din't feed em it only encourages them to stay longer or god forbid come back . Of course having said that I went to my mum's for Easter lunch and everyone was to bring their own meat and a salad to share (We have quite a large family). I was hoping to sit back and have everyone else do the work but no! Patrick was perfect and slept the whole time so everyone sat there and stared at him while I cooked the meat. My sister (whole nother story there) brought meat but didn't bring a salad to share, how inconsiderate, and left before we'd cleared up. So it's not only friends who don't think.

Bron I hope you get an easy ride from now on! It sounds like you've got a great support system there.

When I go out I use the pram if I'm going to be there for a while. This way I have somewhere I can put him down that's safe and portable as well as somewhere to store all my crap. Yesterday I went shopping so I put him in the hug a bub for the first time. I'd tried it at home a couple of times because it takes a bit of getting used to. Patrick likes the peapod hold best atm (lying down). The best thing about it besides being able to use the trolley was that he slept the whole time and no one could get their grubby hands on him because he was all tucked up .

Off for a nap before his highness wakes up. Happy Easter

hi girls,

i thought it was about time i posted over here with you all, im from the 15th-31st march BB group but had my son 3 weeks early on the 10th march. i was due to be induced on the tuesday for various complications but went into labour myself the day before (i did all i could to get myself into labour !) and had a quick 2 hour labour. (i was induced with my 2 year old DD)

we are breastfeeding which i did with my daughter without a problem for 15 months but this time round im really sore, nipples aren't cracked or even grazed but really sore ! i was glad to read your babies are cluster feeding also, James is feeding anywhere from 1.5-4 hours but more like 2 hours overnight, no wonder i am sore !
    im hoping he is just going through a growth spurt and things will soon settle down.

lots of girls from our group have had their babies now so im sure more will soon be coming here to post

Melinda

SHell I am so lucky the min Will was born the GD went and Will presented no signs of being a GD baby as they said it was bought on latein the game by the steroids.I dont however miss the needles and finger tests Sounds bizaree thing to count i Knwo but int he month I was in SYdney between insulin canulas, locals, infusions and blood draws I have had a total of 78 neddles in various parts of my body. ( way too much tim eon my hands in hospital to count) I write everythign down in a diary when I am in hospital which docs visit etc which tests it makes life os mcuh easier when you have to repeat stuff to different people all the time *L* I swear I must have been a junkie in a previous life as I am so offay with needles now.
    The blood pressure resolved itself pretty quick too and my platlettes are hoding their own.
    Question for anybody who had a ceaser.how long were you told you could not drive for. Honestly I feel like I am ready to go now with all the in and out of bed and off the lounge and generalifting of Will I feel great. I do not want to be stupid about it but dont think I could go six weeks thats for sure.
    HOws your pain Shell you feel you are healing ok?

A couple of mobile phone pics on my gallery proise to put some better ones in soon
    Last edited by india44; March 23rd, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Bron! good to hear from you!
    i've gotta make this brief cause Ryan's already stirring for another feed...
    my scar is a little infected. i'll be going to the doctor tomorrow to get it checked out. There is a small spot on one side thats weeping a bit and is still an open sore and my Hypafix has come off so i have nothing on it to protect it..
    About weight loss.. i still have a belly somewhat, prolly from all the junk i ate whilst preggers. it'll go in no time tho.
    gah.. had so much more to say but my little man has spoken......

welcome Mel!

what lakshman giveth, he taketh away!
    I put him to bed at almost 1am, then he woke up at 3.30, DH gave him a bottle and finally went to bed at 5.30 then woke up at 7.30, he had a feed at 8.30. im tired! but poor baby has wind in his tummy, he was crying in his sleep.
    will do personals later.. going to have a half hr nap..

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm so tired. Was up with Jazz from 3am until 8am this morning when I finally took her into Matt with tears in my eyes and said "Here, I need your help" and then I went back to bed!

Matt's asked me to introduce a bottle so he can help more with feeding to enable me to get more rest so I'm gonna do that next feed and hopefully she'll take it. Now I just have to convince him to change dirty nappies and then I'll be set.

It's my birthday today so I'm going to be a little bit selfish I hope and get Matt to do a bit more with Jazz.

Happy birthday danni i do hope you gert some good sleep today.

Welcome Melbell Well done on the quick labour and avoiding the induction, just in the nick of time hey! Don't you love the cluster feeding? makes the nipples feel like a piece of chewing gum hehehe. How is DD going being a bis sissy?

So good to hear from you Bron, will is such a cute little fella just love the chubby cheeks so cute, summer was all cheeks too when she was born. Wow you def were a pin cushion, i think the girls were talking about the driving after c sect and i think they said it was more an insurance issue and check with your insurer as to how long you can't drive for. Being cooped up in the hossy of course you're over being confined at home too.

Happy Birthday Danni xoxox

Prama you sure do have to make the most of the good sleeps have a little nap this arvo too..

I rode my horse yesterday for the first time in soooo long, he was such a good boy i had to get on using a crate to make it a little easier as i didn't want to strain myself, i wasn't sore or tired at all from it was quite surprised.

Was having a nice cuddle with summer this morning, she was laying on my chest i looked down and she had a big smile so i turned her over to try and get another one and noticed her poo all over her and me, it had leaked out of her nappy was very funny wont be funny when she is older though!

Summer is in her cot in our room and it is so cramped in there now very cosy.

Hope you are all having a nice Easter weekend.

isn't it nice to be back in the saddle???

I got pooed on and peed on in one nappy change last night !!!

Hi Guys,

Well we are back from our weekend away, wasnt as bad as i though, but i am sooooooooooo sleep deprived, not from Molly, but becasue we went to bed later and on Saturday night, everyone stayed up drinking and so we did too (not drinking). One of the girls had a baby 6 mths ago and she decided to get back on the alcoho, well, she enjoyed it and we found it very entertaining, but 1/2 a bottle of black sambuca later she was crazy and then very very unwell and the next day was awful - makes me be in no hurry to go back to drinking at all!!!

Molly was an angel and although woke for feeds, no one heard her cry over night (we are in a bunk house - its like a school camp that we go to) and were so impressed with her.
    Mum and Dad totally doted on her and i wasnt short of a helper.
    Managed to keep her in MCN the whole time - i am soooo proud of myself.

Her feeding routine went out the window completely and was cluster feeding and only taking one side and then wanting to be fed again later, some of that would be my fault thou as i would get distracted and leave it too long to offer her the other side.

She had 2 projectile vomits, on two seperate days, MY GOD she must drink alot, there is no way that she is taking 60 odd mls per feed, judging bythe vomits is 200mls plus! This could also be to do with the fact that it was hot and so i would have made watered down milk for her instead of the cold weather thicker milk.
    Anyone else had full projectile vomits??? what would this be from? did she take to much, she doesnt seem sick - although i have noticed that she has like a pimply rash on her face (but assumed that it was from the weekend - very dusty)

Did anyone else get the Kindacot? Molly loved hers - well she didnt complain!

Right, not doing proper personals, just what i cant rememeber

BRON - so good to hear from you, i must have missed the bit about you getting a clot - was it a DVT???? glad they have you on clexane and not an infusion - how does that affect your platelets? What a time you have had, worth it to have a beautiful son, but goodness you have had a lot to go through, i hope he knows what his Mummy went through for him well done and glad that you are home

PRAMA - Happy Birthday, ihope you had a fantasitic one

DANNI - happy Birthday for today! hope you get a rest

JADE - you shouldnt have a dressing over your wond now anyway.... if you had a clear plastic dressing over the wound, it should have come off a long time ago as the wound needs to breath.... closing strips are OK, but the plastic ones make your skin sweat and more likely to get an infection.

SHELL - maybe the pains are your uterus contacting down? get a urine test anyway when you see someone next - does it burn to pee? does it smell different?

Re feeding - sometimes Molly falls asleep on me after the first side, if i put her down for a sleep she will sleep only about 2 hours, if i change her nappy and wake her up she will have the other side and then she will sleep for more like 3-5 hours.

Molly slept in her Pram when we were away during the day, the Kindacot is brilliant for visiting friends though as it weighs only 5kg and is put up in under 30 seconds!

Happy Easter to you all and hope the Easter Bunny came, DSS decided that he didnt believe this year, so some of the magic was gone, but we still had an awesome hunt, will post pics later.

LOL Trina on the poo, DSS did that to DH when he was on solids, but crawled across his face, he left a trail PMSL the things we have to look forward too! Trina is DH home just for the Easter w/end???

Will leave it at that as we are off to the hossy, DH uncle has had a heart attack and a stroke this weekend, think he is on life support, will know more later, but doesnt look good, DH is quite close to him, so this is not going to be easy for him (he had been soooo grumpy so i know he is doing it tough)

that is so funny SJ on the poo trail on the face blah! So sad about DH uncle hope it's not as bad as you think and he is ok. glad you had a nice weekend. I am not missing alcohol at all i have had a couple of very small drinks since i had summer, i had half a glass of wine last night and it was just a small taste and more than enough plus DH has been drinking a fair bit and seeing the result in the morning makes me want it even less. How are you finding the BBH nappies? I know i asked already but which ones did you get? Am going to get a few to try as by the end of the week i would have used 2 boxes of newborn nappies 216 to be exact...... I don't want to get different sizes so am thinking of the one size (fitted ones with covers?)

Yes Lisa was great to be back in the saddle, a friend is trying to talk me into doing a dressage test in 3 weeks so not ready for that, i have a pretty green horse he is a good boy but hasn't been worked much for the last 5 months.

Paige was a projectile spewer she threw up nearly every night i think she has a very sensitive gag reflex as no Dr has been able to tell me why but with Molly it is probably a bit of wind in her tummy then she has a big feed and then the wind comes up with force and gushes out.

Trina i have the OSFM (one size fits most - cant believe how long it took me to figure out what that stood for!!!!) and she fits into them well now, have been using prefolds up until now as her bum was too small, i think Summer is about the same weight (over 4kg) so would fit them too. I have bought about 4 covers but am going to get more due to the poo leakage, but figure that should settle down now that she fits them better. I also have a couple of Magic Alls (the BBH AIO's) but they are not as good absorbency wise (but BBH lady told me that)
    I wash the nappies every second day, dry pailing them, but i do find that i have to rinse the poo off the pooy ones. The wool covers are unbelivable - i have only just wash one and use it every night, cant believe that the clothes stay dry - such a good idea, am getting another one.
    I think that the OSFM is better cost wise as they grow with bubs and you only have to buy covers after the initial outlay.

Have to wait for Molly to wake for a feed before going to hossy.

Oh i am so jealous about you girls with the horses, i had to sell mine years ago , DH has always promised that if we move out he will get me one, he often asks why i dont go and pay to ride, but it is so not the same as having your own, i miss how free you feel when you go out, nothing else seems to exist when you are riding (or thats how i remember it)

Yep, think it might be wind, but i think that it is lower down, she did a frothy poo yesterday and has started farting (thats new for her) i think that it is so funny coming from such a small girl!

Hi girls,

I didnt get any updates today on posts, ive just only logged on.
    Ive read all your posts, cant do personals, im not feeling so good.
    I', thinking of you all, SJ glad you had a good holiday. Danni happy birthday. Bron glad you're back! Trina - hope you, DH and the girls had a good time!
    Hello Jade! and Welcome Mel.
    I'm not feeling the best. I'm getting down again. I think I need to ring and talk to someone.. And im tired of sometimes pretending everything's ok.

*Big hugs* prama it can get so overwhelming cant it you have one good day then the next is crap and its all too hard. Do you have a good relationship with a freind or one of the midwives who you could call or a social worker? I asked to see someone twice before I cam home and it helped so much but when the health nurse comes on Thursday I want to have a contact as well. Its so much easier to just cry hard and off load on somebody not close like hubby or mum and to let out all of your fears.I empathise with you hun and i Hope you can find someone to talk too soon. Everybody keeps telling me its normal..It doesnt stop it from becoming ovewhelming It sounds like you are doing such a great job with your little man though despite hiccups with feeding etc. Hang in there and hapy belated birthday wishes fromme. xx

ALl this poo talk..just how many poos is normal or how few can be normal?
    If your baby is breastfeeding just how many mills do you know its drinking?
    Am I not normal becasue my boobs dont ever feel over full huge or sore so to speak? I really am convinced now that my supply is limited and my right boobs ot as easy to suck form and this is where the first major surgery was done. WIll is ever so content though and will happily suckle on the boob for 30 min each side and then take 60 mils forom the bottle too. Expressing does nothign for me it doesntseem to increase my milk at all no matter ho wmuch I do it

Bron,
    Poos - Molly Jane does anywhere between 2-6 per day and they are all liquid (she is BF only)
    Feeds - i have no idea how much she takes as i dont express (unless she hasnt feed much and i express to relieve pressure)
    Boobs- i have one that produces way more and if she decided that she only wants one boob and she hasnt had 'lefty' it is really painful and hard - the other one though, isnt like that, but she gets plenty out of it. Sometimes they are soft and she still manages to get enough.
    I would say that if Will is happy and putting on weight he is getting enough.

DH Uncle is really bad, think that it will only be a matter of time before it is the end, part of his brain stem (the vital part for breathing and heart regulation) has been affected and although his heart is beating, he is heavily medicated and unable to breath, so on a ventilator... he is having another scan tomorrow, but i think there is little they can do for him. It sounds awful, but i hope that he is unable to survive as the brain is possibly so servely affected that he will be bed bound for the rest of his life, unable to communicate or perform basic bodily functions

PRAMA - hugs for you :hugs: dont worry about doing personals, even if you log on here and just write how you are feeling, get it off your chest if you can, you know that there is nothing but support in here for you and we all think that you are doing a fantastic job.
    It is not easy and you need to take one day at a time, dnt judge yourself but what any of us are doing, all babies are different, so are all Mummies and you certianly are doing a fantastic job and always thinking of your little man.
    TOmorrow give you health nurse a call or the local community centre and tell them that you need to speak to someone and they will point you in the best direction. If all else fails, you have the list of mobile numbers, give me a call if you like!!!

I know that this is not easy for you, it is great that you recognise that you need to have a chat to someone, try not to get caught up in the little things and look at the big picture if you can, you have a beautiful boy and you have grown him all by yourself and you are providing a wonderful loving environment for him to grow into the person that he is going to be

As for the letter the other people that i mentioned to address it to were the Director of Nursing (DON) and the Nurse Unit Manager of the ward that you were on. BUT once you have finished with it, put it out of your mind, dont focus on this experience as it will remind you of the negitive start that you had.

We are all here for you...
    sending you positive thoughs xoxo

where's the quick reply gone?!!

Bron - thanks so much hun.
    I feel bad posting all this, everyone is happy and here i am posting 'feeling sorry for myself' and you've gone thru so much.
    Thanks for understanding. There only a few friends here who've had babies I could talk too, but they all have had successful bfs. One friend held out for 16weeks, she couldnt get the milk to flow well and did a breastmilk and formula combo like me . I could talk to her, she lives quite far away tho.
    One nurse told me the other day that i should bf/express every 2 hrs. as it is lakshman feeds for almost an hr and half. if i were to do that, i would be dead tired and never leave the house. Then I would really really get depressed!
    Sometimes i have a good cry but if ido it in front of steve, he gets upset and thinks he isnt doing enough and he feels really bad. so i dont want him to get down.yeah, it gets tiring when ppl say it's normal. you just want someone to understand and emphatise.
    I was reading yesterday, and it said sometimes you could have a very slow let down. maybe thats whats happening to me. bub feeds for over an hr, im taking motiliun and fenugreek tablets.. it's not increasing when i express for 20mins each side. most i get is 50ml. maybe if i did it longer i will get more.
    i dunno, the LCs say keep feeding and expressing and it 'should' increase your milk.. it's not.. they dont seem to have an answer to that. are you having similar problems to that?
    Thanks again bron.. lots of love

Just got your message SJ, you girls make me cry, you all so loving.. I will talk to someone. Im going to ring the nice LC tomorrow and make an appointment to see her next week.
    I'm getting frustrated as only my lousy clothes fit too.
    You are right, i need to put that incident out of my mind, it has been 6 weeks. i just havent got around to writing the letter. I wanted to do this weekend but time just flies.

Thinking of DH's uncle.. thanks SJ, lots of love too. xoxo
    Last edited by prama; March 24th, 2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: SJ

Prama - have you seen this site?
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/brea...roduction.html
    People have told me that the lactation milshake is good, and it apparently tastes good...
    you probably have seen it, sorry if i am being unhelpful, but as i see things pop up, i wonder if you have seen them too. I hope that this helps a bit

oh dont apologise SJ, I'm really touched that you've posted that link. I havent gone to other threads in a while. I'm reading it now.. sometimes i get demotivated cos I'm trying so hard but it's not working.. but yeah, that's half the problem.. me being down at times isnt going to help. it's catch 22, isnt it. xoxoxo

ETA: i have had aktavite, having fenugreek tablets and still taking RLT tablets!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast