Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #3

Trina forgot to say, hope you are feeling better soon and that the kids dont all end up sick too as you will have your hands full (as if they are not already!!)
    At least DH will be able to help you now that he is home, bet you are glad he will be around for a while

Jade - I haven't ventured into my 'regular' wardrobe yet as I'm still too attached to my maternity jeans (although they do sag terribly around the bum as I've dropped all of my pregnancy weight gain from anxiety in these first two weeks), they are the most comfortable jeans ever! My Mum is coming to stay next week so I think I'll get her to come shopping for some new jeans with me as I'm not confident enough to hit the shops alone with Ella yet!

Is anyone using slings/pouches apart from Hayley? My SIL passed down a jolly baby pouch (like a baby bjorn style) but I find it really uncomfortable on my back and it's almost impossible to get Ella out of when she does fal asleep and I'm home alone. I really like the look of the Peanut Shell pouches -Very funky.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz has a cold. I've had the midwife out to have a look at her. She had a slight temperature (37.5). I took her jumpsuit off and just had her in a nappy and singlet for a while and that's brought the temperature down to 37 which is normal. I was told to put drops of cooled boiled water up her nose and perhaps take her into the bathroom when I have a shower to help declog her.

I am using a pouch which is a lifesaver on days like today. Jazz just wants to be close and also with her being clogged up it's better for her to be in an upright position.

I have an appointment soon at the hospital physio for a post natal check up of my pelvic floor. I do hope Jazz will sleep through that.

I've run out of huggies nappies and am now using a brand called dribots. I hate them! They leak like a tap! This morning she did a poo and there was almost as much poo on the outside of the nappy as on the inside. I've had to buy pvc pilchers to put over the top of the nappies.

Hi Hayley and KyeG, welcome!!

KyeG i have a jazsling this time around i have tried all sorts in the past and wanted to try a different sling that was cheap so that if i didn't like it, it didn't matter and am finding it great, Summer didn't like it too much in the first few weeks but she is liking it now.

Hayley, I'm on the coast too, nice part of the world hey!

Danni, hope Jazz gets better quick not nice having sick children.

SJ Summer grunts and groans after her night/morning feed and farts away, she is so loud sometimes but she isn't too worried by it most times.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a fantastic day and get spoilt rotten xoxox

Shell hope you get some rest today.

Gave the girls the day off today and regretted it 10 mins after, they are all tired and grumpy and fighting with each other. Summer is a bit unsettled today just wants to be cuddled, she is laying in codies arms looks very cute. I must put some more pics in the gallery.

KyeG - I have a Baby Bjorn Active which is fantastic, it has extra lumbar support and my back feels great when I am using it. It is a little awkward to put on but once you know what you are doing it is quite quick. Caitlin is only 3.5kg's at the moment so it may get harder to use once she puts on more weight but at the moment I would recommend it and she always falls right to sleep when I use it!

Danni - I hope Jazz is feeling better, Caitlin is quite often in the mid 37's with her temp and I was told not to worry too much until it was up around 38 just to not over dress her.

Shell - Glad DJ is feeling better - perhaps you will be able to get some more sleep if he is more settled.

Thanks for message Trina - sorry the girls are fighting. Great pic's Sumz is so cute!

GOOD NIGHT SLEEP ALERT! - Last night I decided to introduce 1 x formula feed to Caitlin's schedule (after consultation with her Paed). I gave her a 90ml bottle and she slept for 6 hours! Woo hoo! I am going to give her night feed as a formula one from now on as she was really settled and didn't bring much of it up which is a good thing in the middle of the night. The formula we were recommended to use by the Paed is Nan HA. This takes the pressue of my expressing a bit as I have been expressing enough to cover her 80ml feeds but now that we have upped her to 90ml it was going to make things tight, now I will have some EBM in reserve which is a nice thing to have and hopefully I can get my stocks back up in the freezer.

My little angel gave me a nice surprise this morning for my birthday. She gave me a card and a new iPod! Mark only gave me a card and a Wii game! We must be giving her too much pocket money! (Mark was so proud of himself for coming up with the idea of a pressie from each of them!) My old iPod became Caitlin's when she came home from hossy so it will be nice to have my own one again! Now I just need to get her some small speakers so that I can have my sound dock back!

Have a good arvo everyone!

Managed to get a good 1.5 hour sleep today and my milk is starting to come back. Managed to get two feeds from pumping instead of just one so onwards and upwards. I think now that DJ's wind has eased and I am feeling less stressed it has helped Really enjoying my time with him, was giving him super big cuddles and kisses today.

Jo - happy birthday sweetie, hope you are having a great day and what a great present from little Caitlin that was very sweet of Mark to do that for you. My husband is hopeless at buying me any presents, I will be intrigued to see if he gets me something for mothers day. Who knows he might suprise me.

Trina - I hope your day improves and Summer settles. Can't wait to see more photos. I need to upload more as well. DJ is changing everyday.

Danni - hope Jazz feels better

KyeG - I only have the baby bjorn carriers, haven't got a pouch/sling yet but considering one. Just worried on which one to buy because I have heard so many stories of babies falling out.... So interested to know which one is a good one

Well girls, I better put in another load of washing. Hubby is home early and looking after DJ for me YAY so finally getting some time to myself. I might go for a 20 min nap as well

Chat soon
    Shell xxxx

Hi girls again, I still need to do a proper intro hopefully a bit later tonight....

Just wanted to ask, anyone who is BF, are your bubs pooping ok? I ended up taking Jake to the drs today, he hasn't pooed since Monday! He never has been a great pooer, once every 3 days?? I only took him today 'cos he was teribly unsettled yesterday with tummy pains, but since is ok today. Dr said he was fine, not clogged up and that he is just in a minority of babies who don't poo much. Anyone else got the same thing happening?

Anyway I feel terrible for crashing with no intro, so will promise to get back in tonight and do one. Nice to see a few of you already in here from our old belly buddies thread

xxx

OH Jo, im sorry that i didnt say anything, was feeling so crappy this morning and didnt read the posts properly. I am glad that you had a great day and you got spoilt... Mark certianly earned some brownie points with the ipod!!!

Shell, got some gripe water today, gave it to Molly with her feed before popping her in bed, will see how she goes - she seemed tolike the flavour, which brand did you get, there seems to be a few out there, i bought the one that was alcohol free.

Becstar, Molly Jane can do 5 or 6 in a day and then miss a full day, she is more unsettled when she doesnt go too... hense the gripe water, infacol didnt work, infact i think that she was worse - althou she pooed more.
    Apparently BF babies can go up to 8 days without a poo, they just use everything from the fed and only wee... i cant imagine what it would smell like after 8 days thou

Picked up 12 more BBH today and 6 covers (4 small and 2 med), i should be right for a while now!!!

Thanks SJ. I am dreading the poo when it comes......

Ok I made it back but am typing one handed so apologies in advance.....lol.

Well like Hayley I am from the 'other' March thread. Jake was born 2 days over his EDD after a S & S. We had an all natural drug-free 5 hour labour, no real complications to speak of. No tears or grazes. Even though Jake is no. 3 for me he is the first one I have BF, and BF was an issue in the past for me so I'm very stoked we have even made it this far. Feeding is going well now all the cracks and blisters have gone. At Jake's weigh in on Monday at 13 days he had almost made his BW back (weighed 3.075 at birth, was 3.06 at check up) so I was happy with that too! We are also doing the MCN thing this time around at the moment using prefolds. Apart from being still slightly jaundice and our 'poo' issue all is well! Jake is such an easy baby and the kids are having no problems adjusting. Almost makes me clucky for a fourth....Anyway thats about it for me, I don't seem to get on here as much as i would like and I am hopeless at learning and keeping up with everyone. It took me 9 months to learn everyone in our little half of March thread so this whole of March thread is onna take some real effort on my part! I look forward to getting to know you all.

xxx

Hi everyone,

Gee, I only managed to get on BB every couple of days and there is always lots to catch up on in this thread. Comforting to see that some of the issues I'm having are similar with the rest of you - guess it means Cam must be 'normal'.

BFing - I managed three BFs today (). Not sure if this means we've finally got BFing sorted, but I feel like we turned a corner today. Of course, tomorrow we might do a u-turn, but here's hoping. He's managed one- two BFs a day during the past week, but has been given EBM via a bottle (80-100ml) otherwise, because he wasn't interested in the boob when it was offered. Anyway, Cam is being fed approx every 4 hours. More due to his demands, rather than any routine I've tried to start! My milk supply dipped again a couple of days ago, so I just made sure I rested up, ate properly, drank lots of water and took fenugreek tablets. It was back to 'norm' the next day.

Formula - When my milk was on the decline last week, I bought some formula, for just in case. When I've given him a bottle before my bedtime (around 9.30-10.30pm), he sleeps for 5-6 hours. Definitely think it helps them sleep, and imagine it's to do with formula being a slightly thicker consistency (so it sits a little heavier in their tummy). Dunno, but just a thought.

Poo - Becstar ... my delightful little boy let fly at 3am this morning with a mega runny poo. If I hadn't been standing in front of him at the changetable, I think he could easily have 'hit' the wall on the other side of the room. Instead mummy wore half of it. It was totally gross, and I couldn't believe how it came flying at such speed and force out of his tiny butt (sorry, TMI????). Thank God for DH, who was only lightly sleeping. He continued to change Cam while I cleaned up. Cam poos approx 4-5 times a day - sometimes it's only a little bit, other times there's heaps. I've been eating a little bit of chocolate (leftover easter eggs) during the past 3 days and I'm convinced his poo is runnier because of that.

Sleeping - Cam is sleeping well at night. He goes down ok after his final night feed (9.30-10.30pm), although sometimes it takes a few trips into his room to restart the lullaby/night light thingmebob attached to his cot (it stops after 10 mins) and replace his dummy. Anyway, he's then out till approx 2.30-3.30am and goes down again reasonably easily after that feed till 6.30-7.30am. Admittedly, on those nights where he doesn't settle well, I bring him into our bed as he sleeps really well with us. Not a habit I want to get into, but I hear babies don't form habits until after the 3 month mark. He sleeps ok during the day too. I find he's generally awake for approx 90 mins (when he's fed, changed etc) before he starts to doze off. He'll then sleep for up to three hours. Gives me a chance to potter round the house a little bit, or rest/express etc.

Ah, my sweet boy is now awake and starting to fuss for a feed. I'd better make tracks. Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers, Andie.

Welcome to all the new girls.

Poo - Paddy can go 8-10 times a day! When Mitch was a bub he wouldn't go for days.

EBM - Gave Paddy a go on the bottle, my other two refused to drink from a bottle at all. He seems to like it, anything to fill that tummy. How much EBM do you give your bub as one feed? He had 120mL tonight while I dropped Mitch at his social. When I got back he emptied 1 breast and then the other one 30 mins later. I think I'm going to have to leave 240mL to be on the safe side.

Slings - I use a hug a bub which is a soft wrap style. Took some time to get used to tying it but very comfortable, I can't was the ones with straps n clips they hurt my back. I just bought a ring sling and am practicing using it. Check out the baby wearing section, some sling aren't very good for bubs spine so do your research.

MCN - Just got some new itti bitti nappies. They have snap in boosters and waterproof minky outer - so cute and absorbent. I'll take some pics soon so you can see how cute they are.

weigh in - Paddy has obviously thriving on my bm. He weighed in at a hefty 5200g. He's putting on about 300g a week on average! Such cute chubby little arms and legs.

Just a quickie as Will is due for a feed sorry no personals either. Just wanted to say that Will only poos every 4 days or so and he is bf and ff as a top up He has the most disgusting wind though and is constanlty farting or burping so at least thats not such an issue. The griipe water seems to help him get rid of this. I do stress abit about the poos not being so often ut am constanlty told or reaing that babies can go up to 14 days then do one big poo. As long as is doesnt distress him I guess i just have to live with it and clean up the mess in the end *L*

Hey girls,

My milk is back woooohooooo managed to express 200ml from one breast alone and 120ml from the other. I am going to wait another 30 mins before expressing anymore, but decided in the evening expressing I will freeze that amount for the days in case my milk supply dies off again.

SJ - good to hear you got the gripe water, working wonders on DJ and we got the Hartleys brand and it seems to work well with him. We don't have to burp him all of the time he is doing it himself and farts heaps too. Hope that helps little Molly Jane get some wind out and be more settled. I am also looking forward to receiving my nappy order, have ordered 6 fitted nappies and 6 pul covers (2 small 4 medium).

Becstar - welcome to the group.

Andie - re: formula wow that is a great sleep, maybe I should incorporate that for his night feed before I go to bed as well so I can get a decent night sleep.

Teach - wow on the EBM amount, he is a growing boy that is for sure I have the community nurse finally coming out on Wednesday YAY so will find out how much he weighs. That is a great weigh-in for Paddy Yipeeee

Bron - yeah gripe water is working well with DJ as well to get rid of wind, he is in less pain from having an upset tummy from the wind. They should add that stuff in those bounty bags haha

re: poos - DJ does a poo (small amount) at least once-a-day but sometimes it is every second day as well. He pees alot, totally fills up the nappy

Well, best be off and get lunch organised.

Chat soon
    Shell xxx

A short one from me too, have had a very unhappy little princess here, maybe another growth spurt she has wind aswell, someone recommended Donnalix a wind mixture that is over the counter at the chemist it wasn't with all the other mixtures i had to ask for it. She swears by it so i thought it was worth a shot. I'll let you know how it works after i give her some tonight.

Summer was poo'ing several times a day and is only going every couple of days then doing a couple DD1 didn't go very often maybe once a week. Like Molly Jane, Summer is so much happier when she goes.

I'm off for a rest while DH is out with the kids and bubs is asleep, my milk dropped off yesterday so trying to eat up and slow down a bit today (bit hard this morning with 2 games of soccer in different parts of the coast)

Ok. Finally have kinda caught up reading the thread.
    Thought I would pop this together for us.
    Lots of March babies
    Let me know if there are any mistakes.

MarknJo - Caitlin Grace 27th January 2008
    Prama - Lakshman 14th February 2008
    AllGirls - Summer 29th February 2008
    JadeTheBabyMaker - Ryan Jeremy 29th February 2008
    SJ - Molly Jane 3rd March 2008
    JessRibb - Madison Rose 3rd March 2008
    Mumzy - Izaak 4th March 2008
    Teachmum - Patrick 5th March 2008
    Daniellabella - Jacinta (Jazz) 7th March 2008
    KandA - Lila 10th March 2008
    India - William Benjamin 11th March 2008
    Lisaqg - Jake Ernest Williams 11th March 2008
    Shell - DJ 13th March 2008
    Robbo - Ari James 16th March 2008
    Andie - Cameron James 16th March 2008
    Becstar - Jacob Daniel 18th March 2008
    Kye - Ella 19th March 2008

Now that I have a moment....THIS MIGHT BE LONG GIRLS SORRY.

The birth was great, well maybe because it was the last time round
    Like I had suspected and kept updating about I was having very irregular contractions that were turning into regular ones on the long weekend (here in Perth) but did all I could to last out our last dinner out with friends before having bubs in our arms(Silly hey? HEHE). The best thing that kept it off was lying on my left hand side and keep VERY hydrated, drink water all the time, but you can't do that in a restaurant.
    So while having dinner every 20 mins it was feeling tight, then after too much laughing it went to 15 mins. Once the meal was over I felt so tight! I knew these could not be BH anymore this was it.
    We dropped off our friends at 11.30pm and had to decline coming inside as I was stuffed. Got home (5 mins around the corner) had a shower and jumped in bed thinking "The baby can come whenever now"
    Closed my eyes, then felt another wave of a contraction starting and an internal pop - woke up Craig quickly to get him to grab a towel. It was 12.30am and my waters had broken.
    Gosh maybe I will speed this up to 5.50am where I pushed out our baby boy, Izaak. No screaming (just quiet grunting with each push), no tearing or stitches , everything was just perfect.

Ta Da! Story over.

BFing very well. All is perfect with the older ones...they just love him.

Well done to everyone here, I do pop in reading the posts and remember the first time round.
    YOU ARE ALL DOING SO WELL!!

Can't wait to chat more. I can't believe I have had Izaak now for over a month! Crazy.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz is still not well and will have a time in the day where she's so clogged up that she just wont settle. I'm now giving her panadol and sometimes putting drops of cooled boiled water up her nose. Also rubbing baby balsam on her chest once or twice a day, even though it's not meant for babies under 3 months, I'm using it on medical advice. I'm hoping today to get some sort of thing to suck the snot out of her nose.

We had her babysat last night which was great! We had a good night out and she was good for the couple who looked after her. They also gave me a couple of great tips for dealing with wind and nappy rash. It's interesting that Jazz only developed nappy rash when I ran out of huggies. I've stopped using the crappy brand of nappies I was using and am back to huggies.

I finally admitted to a couple of people yesterday that I'm really struggling with adjusting to being a mum. I'd never actually do it, but there are moments where I feel like running away, but I try to stop thinking like that instantly.

Better go, about to go to church and I think Jazz (who slept really well last night I might add) is gonna want a feed as soon as we get there.

danni - big hugs hun.. it's not easy is it.. you're doing a fantastic job looking after a jazz right now that's she not well. it's stressful and you want to make her all better, that shows you're a wonderful mum...xoxox
    we've been using 'little fess' nose drops for lakshman, it comes with saline drops and a little aspirator, designed for newborns. we've managed to suck out phelgm from his nose regularly and he's doing much better now. maybe it'll help. i think the box was about $12.

girls, ive reading all the posts but havent replied.
    I'm at cross roads now. we went to see a LC on thurs and she showed me better positioning which helps me feed lakshman without a nipple shield. but im still constantly in pain and discomfort. feeding time is constantly on my mind and i dread it each time. it's becoming more a mental and emotional thing now.
    i feel i cant go out and do anything. im trying my best to bf and the lc was my last resort. she did help heaps but i dont know for the sake of my mental/emotional well being if it's going to work. i know it will transfer to my beautiful baby.
    i feel so guilty for wanting to switch and am constantly in tears from the guilt and the anticipation of pain from feeding. when i feed him, i think i can bear the pain just that little bit longer. but then i get into this whole circle of dreading feeding time. Poor Steve feels he's not doing much to help but he is. he wakes up when i feed him in the middle of the night so that i dont feel alone. he feels guilty for sleeping when im awake and in pain.
    i think i need to talk to someone professional. my mother has slight depression and i went to someone a while ago and they told me i do get situational depression, maybe this is it. i know i got it from my mother as i pick these things up. and the last thing i want is for my baby to get it from me, i know how horrid it is.
    i havent posted as well, as reading abt bf-ing makes me feel like a failure. nothing against anyone, it's just me. 7.5weeks of pain and emotional roller coaster is getting too much for us.
    Maybe if we can resolve this emotional/mental thing it will get better....
    Maybe we'll ring Tresillian....
    I just feel why cant i do it, if everyone else can and they are enjoying it. it's so unfair.. im in tears as i write this.. I'm so lucky lakshman is such a good baby, the last thing i want is for him to inherit my emotional state.
    twice my GP has said if it's causing you stress switch to formula, but as steve said they think the well being of both mother and child whereas LCs and ABA probably focus on the well being of the baby....

i'll be around. i love you all. xoxox

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast