Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #3

My girls play for Berkeley Vale one in under 7's one in under 6's and eldest in all girls under 12's. We are very close, do you go to a mothers group? I live in Berkeley Vale.

I just love those smiles i managed to get a photo of the end of one of her smiles which i have never captured this early as you always miss it....

Is anyone feeling really emotional still? I am getting pretty good sleep but still tired from everything else. I feel like telling my DH to move out at the moment.

i went to see a gp cos my nipples were painful (my normal gp is away) and she looked at them and said it's all perfect and ive got plenty of milk. she said it might be psychosomatic and gave me some vit B6 (anti-depressants). I dont know what to do/think.....

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post
    i went to see a gp cos my nipples were painful (my normal gp is away) and she looked at them and said it's all perfect and ive got plenty of milk. she said it might be psychosomatic and gave me some vit B6 (anti-depressants). I dont know what to do/think.....
    Prama, which bit are you not sure on??? the vit B or the breast/nipple bit?

Hi all,

Has anyone's bubs developed a sticky eye? Cam woke up with it at his 5am feed. I cleansed his eyes with cotton wool dunked in warm water (one piece of cotton wool per wipe) and put a little breastmilk in the worst affected eye. I had to repeat the process after his 9am feed. He hasn't been affected since, but I imagine he could well be the same tomorrow morning. I looked up 'sticky eye' and it sounds reasonably common (apparently half of all babies develop it due to blocked tear ducts), but just wondered if anyone else has come across it yet.
    Initially I was worried it was conjunctiveitis (spell?), but his eye's not inflamed nor does it appear red or sore.

Prama, IMO I think you should do what feels right to you and your bub. My best friend couldn't breastfeed her first DS and after a lot of angst, FF him. He's now a healthy, active, intelligent six year old. Ditto for a former colleague of mine - her DS (also aged six) is also healthy and thriving. I can remember her saying "I wish I'd stopped beating myself up about not being able to breastfeed and put him on formula much earlier". Good luck with things.

Hope everyone else is keeping well and not too sleep deprived.
    Cheers, Andie

Andie, Paddy's got sticky eye. It comes and goes. I was told to use bm or cooled boiled water. His baby pimples are almost gone but he is getting a bit of cradle cap.

Trina, I know what you mean. I think everyone thinks you can just do everything AND look after a baby. I mean the baby just eats and sleeps, doesn't it? Isn't it funny when you have your first everyone wants to help. Oh well just keep looking out for those smiles .

Andie Sumz has had a gunky eye a few times and i was cleaning it with saline and cotton balls, i ran out of saline and the chemist recommended little eyes which is eye wipes that are wrapped individually, they worked so well better than the saline and so much easier there is 30 in a pack and if you need to clean both eyes i just ripped the wipe in half. I sound like a commercial hehehe

Molly Jane had one gunky eye, which i assume is what you are all talking about, sort of yellowish thick discharge, not much thou... i just cleaned it with water... i had assumed that maybe she had scratched her eye and that is why this was happening... she gets it on and off, always the left eye

Andie - Someone' s bub had sticky eye awhile back maybe they can help. Sorry but I can't help, none of my bubs had it....plenty of milia though!

Robbo & Allgirls - Sounds like so much fun, I can't wait to be a soccer mum!

RE Slings - I love using mine this time. I hated wearing a babybjorn first time round so ended up getting rid of it because I am so short it makes me look silly and didn't mind my cuddles with Cameron. But now with three munchkins the BabaSling is awesome, especially shopping and going out and about. Free hands what a miracle.

SJ - How lovely having your bestfriend here. I bet you are both going photo crazy!! HEHE How can you help yourself really?

Prama
    - Don't let anyone get in the way of your happiness and well being and Lakshman's. You always have support on here with us all.
    Watching TV while breastfeed...heck yeah, that's like break time for mummy to actually get a chance to sit down, so I gotta catch up on some TV but I do stare alot at Izaak for awhile-Just can't help it sometimes they are just so cute. PLUS if I'm not watching TV I am BF and walking around the house helping one kid do this or grab that or read a book or something while holding Izaak to the boob with one arm.
    Oh yeah I second the idea of pointing down in the nappy...you are too cute Prama

Shell - All bags a different and microwaves too I guess. I tried for the first time for 1min and it was barely warm and I couldn't really feel anything through the terry when I wrapped/covered it. So I do 2 mins and just lie the terry over it on the floor and pop Izaak's tummy on it and do tummy time with some rubs on his back.

Has anyone thought about diet (as in what we eat) and breastfeeding. Some say the two are not related but I found after Easter and too much chocolate Izaak was not a happy man....or in my first week back at home I forgot myself and had cabbage in a stir fry and he was gassy. Mean mummy me
    Here's a link Preventing colic in the newborn, diet for breastfeeding mothers - Our Midwife Akal Khalsa
    I like how they say
    There is no scientific evidence to suggest that the diet of thebreast-feeding mother have any effect on the behavior or comfort of her newborn baby.
    There is, however, an enormous amount of empirical knowledge, based on experience and observation, to suggest otherwise.
    It's so true. Most MW will agree that even though medically people say there is no link, we see the results ourselves.
    Could be handy printed up and put on the fridge? And testing each one or some?I know not all on that list affect Izaak, and after 6-8 weeks you can try again in your diet.
    Maybe that can help with some of the WIND problems too?

Woo hoo just worked out how to use my new ring sling ($32 bn off ebay. I have got a Hug a bub which I love but wanted something for quick trips). Not only am I now addicted to MCN but slings as well. Paddy spent most of yesterday arvo in and out of the car but I popped him in the sling each time. I don't know if it's related but he slept from 9pm to 3am last night OMG! Lisa some Jake's sleep dust must have come my way

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz had sticky eyes when she came home from hospital. I was expecting it coz the doctor told me she had blocked tear ducts. I cleansed them with warm water on cotton wool and also gently massaged the ducts with my pinky fingers several times a day. She doesn't get sticky eyes any more and her tear ducts are not blocked anymore either.

I'm getting hand and feet casts done for Jazz on Thursday, looking forward to that.

Yesterday I went to a secondhand baby shop near home and got a really good rocker for only $22.95! I went there looking for slings but they only had the same kind I have, one that only straps to front or back with bub in upright position.

I've got to get some wind treatment today. I almost did last night but I decided against it thinking "it can wait, she doesn't get wind that bad" Well.... last night she got it really bad! I didn't get to bed until about 1am (that's to bed for the first time!).
    I remember doing the 3am feed but I don't remember putting her to bed or going back to bed myself, I woke up about an hour later and realised I was in bed and Jazz was snoring in her crib. Can't remember putting her there LOL!

My BIL is babysitting for an hour or so this morning while I go to the doctor. Just easier to go without Jazz. Hopefully getting an inplanon put in today.

How is everyone recovering from giving birth/c-sections?

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Just catching up on a few posts.

Prama, Jazz is younger than Lakshman but she also does the crawl thing (it's a natural reflex in new borns). I once had her on my belly and she managed to actually climb to my shoulder!

PRAMA your PM box is full - have sent you an email to your gmail account as i couldnt reply!!!

Trina this past week I have been incredibley emotional and questioning myself about everythign I do. My MIL is ocmign next week and I my SIL too and we havent seen them for 3 years. I am just terrified as silly as it sounds. I dont really know them that well as they live in the UK and I Have this dreadfull fear that they wont htink I am doing the right thing with Will. SIlly I know but the things that go through your head are amazing. Also think that I aim finally starting to digest all that happened sine 36 weeks and I have found myself intears so often. I think I will ask the health nurse to hook me up with the mental health worker tommorow during her visit. The worker at our hospital helped me heaps when I got really down after 13 admission in a year. I think I just need to talk it all through. For me the tears are a real release and have bene trying to explain to hubby its not always bad thing that I dont always know why I am crying.
    My body is also rebelling a bit physically now the adrenalin of the whole baby thing has died down a little. I have nerve damage in my right arm from the needles and it aches badly and lumps in my belly from the clexane needles and my belly is black and blue.
    Danni I thought I was going great guns but since Friday my belly is very sore like I have torn a muscle. I know its just recovering from the op but it is very uncomefortabel atm and hard to get out of bed. MY bleeding has stopped though which is good.
    I also think that this past week the sleep deprivation has caught up with me again hence more tears also. Hubby has been great doing the 1 am feed but Will gets the hiccups after a feed if he is put down to quickly and as I am asleep huby often does this so WIll has to be patted again and sleep is gone I am grateful forr is help though he has been wonderful
    I cant beleive that Will is 4 weeks old today I am sure the rest of this year wil just fly by He has changed so much and is interacting amazingly and starting to make different sounds. He also loves his tummy time and pushes himself around. I tool loads of pics today for the one month mark and he followed the camera around as if to say look at me *L* of course I could be nuts too.

danni would love to see how our casts of jazz feet etc turn out. I am hoping to take footprints etc for posperity and ot put in his memory album. Just not enough hours in the day sometimes.

Got to run his nibs ia stiring need to put tea on first.
    HOpe you guys are all doing well sorry I blabbed on about me so much.

Yeah i am questioning a lot too, not my beautiful girls at all but other things. In the evenings i feel like i could cry and cry i have such a busy life but feel so alone.

Just love your new pics Bron Will is soo cute. Good idea speaking to someone, now that the initial baby high is over you start to see the tough time you had.

Hi girls,

Doctor said that DJ had bad wind and was a bit colicky, but since taking the infacol drops it seems to be working well with DJ, he is still a bit windy tonight though but I think that is my fault from having a skim flat white at lunch today and it could have come through in my breastmilk. I try to limit the amount of caffeine I have but it is hard when you are so tired, which leads me to ask How much caffeine do you consume daily? and while I think about it, those that are expressing or even breastfeeding, are you drinking alcohol? if so how much etc? I always make sure I express alot before I have any alcohol or leave a 3-hour gap before breastfeeding. If I do drink alcohol, I don't have much, no more than 2 glasses of wine. Just wanted to find out others do since I was told that this was ok to do.

I went out to the shops with my friend and DJ today, was soooo nice to get out even if it was only for 2 hours.

I am sooooo behind in personals. I did type up a big response with personals yesterday but there was a database error so it didn't upload, and only now had a chance to post.

SJ - wow on your bestfriend coming out that is great news sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Prama - just do what you think is right. Don't feel pressured on continuing with breastfeeding if you are in so much pain. I know alot of people who couldn't breastfeed so only used formula and their kids turned out perfectly fine, my nephew and niece are two of them and they are totally perfect.

Mumzy - thanks for the link, I have been cutting back on caffeine, and even bought decaf tea to drink. I am drinking only 2 caffeinated drinks per day so hoping that isn't a big cause of DJ's wind.

Trina - yes I get very emotional as well, but more so when I am very overtired. If I get a good sleep then I feel better and make sure you always take some time out for yourself.

Danni - I am recovering well from my c-section, it doesn't get sore at all, just every now and again I get a twinge. I am still taking it easy and not lifting heavy things, exercising or driving etc. I have to keep reminding myself I had surgery haha and not to overdo things.

Good news girls!!! Finally have community nurse coming out tomorrow Yipeeee so will get DJ weighed and measured etc and finally get some advice and answers to my big list of questions. She said she would be here around 2'ish and she better turn up otherwise she will have a very angry mother on her hands keheehe

Well I better go, almost feeding time for DJ.

Have a good night girls, hope we all can get a good night rest.

Shell xxxx

sj - thanks for your thots. will reply tomorrow, i really appreciate everything you;ve said. thanks so much. sorry my inbox was full. i thot i had emptied some.
    so glad your best friend is here.. wow, thats amazing!!!! i can imagine how excited you are!! thats fantastic. hehe does that mean you;re going to get pg again soon?

trina - how are you? im so sorry you feel alone... will dh be travelling all the time or only for this period? hope things are ok between the two of you. it's tough looking after 3 young girls and a baby by yourself. you do such an amazing job, and it's not an easy one. look after yourself. can someone help looking after the girls for at least half a day so you can just rest and sleep? or look after summer while the girls are in school?

bron - big hugs.... you've gone thru so much. ive been similar, just bursting into tears. it gets overwhelming sometimes. Im going to go talk to someone too. i need to find out why im down, the stupid gp just giving me anti-depressants isnt going to solve my problem. it will just mask it. i want to know why so that it doesnt happen again.
    love will's shots, he's so yummo!

andie - thanks hun...

shell - i havent gone back to alcohol, though i had some Dom Benedict initially, it's a liquer that's supposed to aid women after childbirth. I dont drink coffee but for some reason dont feel like having tea as often as before. i needed tohave 2 cups before but now i forget to even have one. I have some chocolate and Sustagen with chocolate.
    I love having smoked salmon etc. cant wait tohave mussels again.

i think that's all teh personals for now. im tired. we went for a swim earlier while mil looked after poopy. he slept, woke up for his bottle and then went back to sleep till we got home. then we had dinner and of cos he had to wake up just then! his gran reckons he's an angel and doesnt bother anyone at all. so we said we'll leave him there all the time now! lol! but she'll love it.
    We saw a little boy throwing a huge tanty at the pool.. sigh.. we have that to look fwd to.

Who thinks their bub is the most beautiful baby in the whole world! LOL
    going to bed.. zonked! tho i must admit since Poopy has been on formula more plus some EBM, im getting more sleep... he finishes his bottle in 15 mins, whereas bf used to take more than an hr.
    Last edited by prama; April 8th, 2008 at 11:03 PM.

AllGirls - We are very close. I am not going to mothers group this time, just don't have someone to care for the 2 year old. I went to the long jetty clinic (not far from my home) with #1 and still see some of the kids/mums from that group at school etc. Did you join a mothers group this time?

Sorry to those feeling teary and isolated....I am feeling good so far but it has only been 3 weeks and I find as you get more tired and more is expected of you, in terms of looking after the baby and doing everything else,the harder it gets.

Crawling reflex - Ari practically crawled up my chest after his birth to get to the breast...so amazing.

Recovery - In terms of "down there" recovery, I had no damage so am fine, cervix is still a bit low though. I am still bleeding and will probably continue for the 6 weeks like last time . I have weight to loose but my back and tummy muscles are improving each day and I can comfortably carry Ari and DS#2 when I have too.

Breastfeeding and the foods we eat - I generally don't avoid any foods but eat everything in moderation. I don't drink alcohol, soft drink, tea or coffee so that makes things easy but I do love chocolate (having a baby right before eater, bad idea ) so I have been struggling not to eat too much.

I tool Ari to be weighed yesterday...at 3 weeks 2 days....
    Bare weight: 5050g
    Length: 57cms
    Head: 38cms
    Yay my milk is doing its job

I just put DS#2 in his cot but he has figured out how to climb out so no more days sleep by the looks of things....*insert terrible 2 tantrum here*....OK must go get some chores done before school pick up...

Cheers, Hayley.

pics of my precious...here

Waiting for nurse to come and visit at 2pm arghhh I am soooo tired, hoping I can get some sleep afterwards.

Had to help a friend (also on Belly Belly 'Roquen') out this morning who is doing mums and bubs classes in the Hills District starting end of April and she is being interviewed for an article in Saturday's Telegraph, so DJ and I had to pose for some piccies this morning kehehe he is already a star at 4 weeks old

I think that is the nurse turning up just now YAY will post again shortly with weigh-in results

Shell xxxx

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast