Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #3

Shel, was it the yum mums and prams article? I'm in SA but I found an article on the Telegraph website with a picture. Am I allowed to link it if its the right article?

Looks like a fun way to exercise, out and about and a good idea having baby with you.

Jess- article links are allowed that right.

so your in SA, where abouts? im from SA too

OK heres the article

Mums exercise with their prams to get fit in Sydney | The Daily Telegraph

Beatrix I'm in the north.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I don't know if this is called sleeping through, but Jazz slept from 1am until 6:30am this morning when she would normally have woken up at 4am.

She wanted cluster feeding from about 9pm until midnight, then I decided to give her a bottle. She drank 80ml of the bottle then finally settled and I didn't hear a peap out of her until 6:30.

BBH - i wash them so they are ready to hang at 9am. if its cold/wet i hang them inside over a clothes horse - takes about 18hrs to dry. if its a nice day on the line - tkes about 8 hrs. This is why i have 20 nappies, i also have 3 AIO's and a couple of really useless fitted toweling ones that i bought on ebay before i had done any research, i use these for her first nappy chnage at 7am when we wake up as i change her when DH leaves for work about an hour or sometimes 2 later.

Danni - yay!!!

molly jane has started to fall back asleep inbetween feeds overnight, even ater changing her, so she doesnt have a full feed (dont my bb's know about it ) this means she is sleeping less overnight as she is not full... any ideas???

Shell, you look fantastic for somone that had a baby 5 weeks ago, and that pic was taken 4 week wasnt it? dont be hard on youself, most mums would love to look like that!!! i ave started walking again, not for the weight loss, but i am sick of being couped up, feeling better, but god i am even more tired now.

sorry for the typos, doing it one handed again!

sj - i bought those stupid terry towelling ones off ebay as well. they last for about 2 seconds and get soaking wet!

shell - i had a look at the article. as sj said, you just had a baby 5 weeks ago. you look great! i didnt look so hot at 5 weeks. i must say you look hot in that red top! hehe. But i know how you feel... sometimes i look at myself and feel down. DH says my tummy has gone down a bit more, didnt someone say that 9mths up, 9 down. but thats a long time. i think it goes down very slowly...
    i emailed vanessa and told her i wanted to lose 10kgs and get rid of my wobbly belly. and she said we can do that. im going to go for her monday classes to start with. i want to see how driving lakshman over long distance goes, well 30mins drive. whenever we go out, it seems to put his routine out of whack. does anyone have this problem?
    someone told me why lose all that weight, by the time you loseit all, it will be time to have your second child and you'll only put in on again.. arrggghhhh.....
    i dont think we're thinking of no.2 at the moment!!!!

Yeah I feel much better girls. I think I am just so used to being able to lose weight quickly so it got me down a bit..... But last night alot of our friends commented on how good I looked so I felt better and spoke to other friends who just had babies as well and they feel the same way.

Going to start some light walking this week and then in two weeks time do the mums and bubs classes, yoga etc can't wait!!!

Prama I am with you, I don't think we will be having another baby any time soon, I need to completely forget about my birth experience, still very much imprinted in my head and not something i can forget.

What a miserable day outside, a good day to stay in and watch movies. DJ is asleep at the moment phew so getting a few things done and relaxing

Hope you are all well.
    Shell xxxx

shell - im so glad you're feeling better! how was your night out last night?

I went to the mums and bubs yoga at Hills Yoga, I wasnt very impressed cos there wasnt any focus on the baby, and there was no 'spiritual' or enlightening side of it. At the start, Lakshman was starting to cry, and the teacher said why dont you put him to the breast, and I said I'll give him a bottle. She had this shocked look on her face. I didnt say if it was formula or ebm, but still i felt bad that she had that look. maybe i'm assuming that she was shocked cos i said bottle.. but it didnt make me comfortable. i dont want to be judged if i give him a bottle.
    I went to show off Lakshman to my pre-natal yoga teacher and told her about the other class. she said she doesnt have time to have a mums and bubs but you can do exercises with and for bubs in yoga.
    I might just go back to her for normal yoga classes on Saturdays and Steve can look after Poopy.

Prama- silly yoga teacher!! dont feel bad.

Shell- glad you are feeling better,

Oh man miss mj wont sleep anywhere but in my arms atm its driving me nuts.

man i am so tired as well. i want a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Beatrix~ View Post
    Oh man miss mj wont sleep anywhere but in my arms atm its driving me nuts.
    Thats why I got a sling! Once Jazz is completely asleep in the sling, i gently lower her into the crib and then slowly take the sling off me and just wrap her in it. Sometimes its the only way to settle her.

Jazz hasnt slept much at all today, I hope that means she'll sleep well tonight again.

Personal question: has anyone attempted to DTD yet? I'm looking forward to it but I'm scared at the same time.

Tried to catch up on all the reading, hope i don't leave anything out cos it was hard work...

Shell, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!! you really do, we are definately our own worst critic so just keep that in mind hun. I have made a real effort in the last few days to not eat so much crap and snack so much and i feel so less bloated already, off to the gym tomorrow.

Prama, don't go back to that yoga class/teacher she didn't have to say a word to make you feel uncomfortable which can be worse sometimes. Good idea going on Sat.

SJ how cute DSS fussing over his little sissy, i love watching the girls play and fuss over Summer. Babies are fascinated with Kids esp in a few more weeks/months.

Danni, no DTD here, still no contraception organized plus Summer is so close to my bed, breathing distance not sure how to get around that one..... Not exactly the first thing on my mind.

Hope i haven't forgotten anything major, just too tired.

Full morning of soccer yesterday then had to come home and get the kids all scrubbed up as we were getting some professional photos done they turned out amazing Summer was so grumpy from being dragged around and being in the heat but you couldn't tell spent up a fortune though. We didn't get home until 6pm. This morning we were at soccer at 8am then went to Mums house then went shopping and got a flat tyre at the shops so again was out at 7.30am and not home until 5.30. So tired now, poor baby is so good she puts up with so much.

I'm off to the couch hope you all had a good weekend xoxx

Hi girls
    HOpe you all had a good weekend the rain here though sort was great and I Love agood thunder storm and ours came around 4 times during the day.
    Grabdma and Grandpa were around painting our house today and they cam ein for afternoon tea while Will was having some mat time. He is a huge fan of the tv or our digital picture frame ( also lights coming form dads screen saver)MUm asked me if he had time on his tummy yet I said not today so I rolled him over. He grunts an dpushes his head up so he can sticky beak with all that efoort he pushed himself o he side then promplty rolled onto his back. MUm looke at me and said he shoudlnt be doing that I said it was a fluke mum just a balance hting. So when daddy came in we rolled him on his tummy again and buggar me if he didnt push himsel fover again. God help me he wil be climnbing out of his cot before I know it.I still think they were abit flukish myself but it still suprised us all.
    He has been so good for us especially when at each feed I aim rubbing sorbolene crema into his face, head and hands and legs. He has realy dry skin like his daddy and it just soals it up. MInd you a few days of it and his skin looks greta 2 feeds with daddy and he didnt do it and it look dry again.
    danni as for dtd we havent done it for so long I wondered if I woudl remember. I am still abit sore though bleeding has stopped. We want to wait until my 6 week check up and sort out contraception with doc and have afull check up first.
    OUr mothers group doesnt start utnil the 15th of May and I cant wait I am getting abit tired of four walls *L*
    ON Friday I drove for the first time into get my hair cut and ocloured as I figured it owuld be easier than mum having to drive Will an dme and wait. I also had a colour when I Went to start the car 3 hours later in the middle of town it died. I rang the NRMA and the woman told me they would be over and hour. I burst into teart s ying my baby was at home and needed to be fed. She said hang on and they got there in 10 mins *L* It was such a crazy feeling I was so desperate about being away from WIll for that long. I know soon enough I will kill for any time I get for abreak but I wasnt so ready for it righ then and there.

sorry 4 typos one finger here
    Bron xx

beatrix - sorry miss mj only wants to sleep in your arms.. lakshman did that for a while, then we started rocking him in the rocker and now he falls asleep easily there.

trina - if you have soft copies of your shoot, would love to see it! do all your girls play soccer?

bron - hehe..sometimes they amaze us dont they. the other day lakshman seemed to crawl a little but who knows.

nope, no dtd here yet. we're still tired. plus, his bassinet is just next to my side of the bed.. would feel a bit weird..

lakshman seems to sleep so much in the day, which means i can get things done... but then he's awake at night. and we want to have dinner and go to bed. we play with him at night, and during the day when he's awake. but i feel bad that i dont play so much with him at night, esp when it gets close to bed time and we're just dead tired. i havent been good reading to him either. it's so hard wanting to do everything..
    ohh here he goes, crying....
    see you all later

I'm so impressed with the mums and prams exercise class. I wonder if there is something like that in my area? I'm so ready mentally to get back into working out but I don't think my body is quite ready. We have been going for walks to the MCHN and to the local shops which has been great. The mother's group starts on the 21st and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping there will be some other mums nice and close who would like to go for walks (always easier when there is someone to hold you accountable!!)
    We have had a great couple of nights, still waking for a feed after about 4 hrs but going straight back to sleep thank goodness. It is so amazing and a little bit sad how fast they grow. Flynn has started sucking his thumb and we have been getting these massive open mouth smiles from him! So cute I love it!
    Beatrix we are the same. I have a Baby Bjorn which works extremely well and Flynn seems to love it. I would definitely get some kind of carrier or sling if I were you.
    Sammiejane are you washing BBH everyday?
    Bron that must be some kind of record for the NRMA!
    DanniNo DTD here. I really want to but we are both reluctant. I don't think I'm physically up to it. Still pretty sore down there.
    Prama You sound like you are doing really well, which I am really glad about.

We've been waiting until the 6 week mark before considering DTD. I'm getting my implanon put in tomorrow and have another appointment with the physio for a post natal check up of my pelvic floor on Friday. I'll wait until after the physio appointment before we decide when we're going to do it. I guess the other thing we have to consider is that Matt is on anti-depressant medication which affects labido so he's not really in the mood.

Morning girls,

Feeling pretty good today, I got hubby to do the 2:30am feed so I could get enough sleep especially for the working week. Hubby working from home this morning and snuggling up to DJ so gives me a chance to post on Belly Belly kehehee

DJ has a bit of a blocked nose at night, so going to pull out my vapouriser and read up on instructions to help him sleep at night, he is fine this morning, just cold night air doesn't help him. Checked his temperature as well and that was fine too. Gave him a bit of childrens panadol to help him sleep because he kept waking up from the blocked nose. Also read something on saline so will look into that.

The most cutest thing yesterday, Doni was watching Ice Age 2 on Foxtel and had DJ sitting next to him and he couldn't take his eyes away from the TV, he was totally watching the TV kehehee it was the cutest thing. Might have to start putting him in his rocker with the cartoons on when I need to get things done kehehee

Prama - Sat night was good, and I thoroughly recommend to everyone take advantage of all babysitters and get out for a few hours, it feels great to feel like a couple again. I am so surprised that Corrine was like that to you in the class, normally I don't have a problem with her at all. Like you I might try out one class and see what I think and if it isn't good I will do the same, just leave DJ with Doni and do a normal yoga class.

Beatrix - don't worry DJ is the same, he loves being cuddled to sleep but sometimes he can send himself to sleep but mostly likes to be nursed to sleep. Not sure how I will go with that when he weighs alot more than what he does now haha crikies haha Do you have one of those slings? I am considering getting one, so that he can fall asleep in one of those while I am doing stuff around the house haha

Danni - no haven't attempted it yet, too scared to as well, even though I had a c-section I still worry about the stitches. My hubby is sexually frustrated but told him only a few more weeks to go and then I will be ready to give it a go.

Trina - thanks sweetie, I am going for a walk today can't wait, looks like a nice day outside too. Wow, the photos sound great, do you think you could post up one on Belly Belly for us to see?? Can't wait to see them

Bron - tummy time with DJ, he pushes his head right up as well, and looks like he is about to set off on a crawl. I am almost tempted to bring out the Spin & Explore Garden Gym thingy especially good for his tummy time. Doni thinks it is too early kehehe Doesn't hurt to try it hey?

Hope you all have a great day!!!
    Shell xxxx

catherine - i had a look at hub bub website and did a search for exercise. there's prams in the park in east malvern, not sure if that's near you? there's a whole list of exercises for mums there.
    our mothers' group starts on the 29th, it will be really nice. i've met a couple of mothers in the chemist when I'm asking for something and they offer their experience! hehe, it's so easy to make friends with mothers!

Shell - sorry, i didnt mean to discourage you from her class. I was looking for something that involved bubs. The whole time the babies were just on the blanket, and only when Poopy was unsettled she asked me to inc. him in my exercise.
    Glad you had a good time! it makes a difference huh? We went for a swim yesterday, we left Poopy with MIL. It was a really nice feeling, swimming and not worrying about bub for a while. It was quite liberating and refreshing.

When I'm busy, I put Poopy on his play mat, with the arch with toys. For a short while, he's quite happy to just look at the toys. He's now beginning to notice the toys and gives smiles when i squeeze the little elephant or shake the rings.

Dani - hope DH is going ok.

hehe bron - as catherine said it must be a record! I must remember that! else if there's a crying bub in the car, put him close to the phone! hehe
    Do you need to use flannel sheets in winter, or use the same cotton ones but put on more layers on bub?

Didn't sleep through last night...Jazz has terrible trapped wind at the moment, and so do I so I'm guessing it's from the pizza I had for dinner last night and it's affecting both of us. I'm really starting to see how what I eat has a direct affect on Jazz. Mushrooms give her wind and grey poo for example, I don't eat them anymore!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast