Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #3

Had to say goodbye today, there were loads of tears... DH was great and told me that if we can, we will save up so we can visit next year and meet her new bubs... i wonder if i will go over there pg like she did!

Shell - i didnt warm up the water, just had it at room temp.

Molly Jane found her hands this week and sucks her fingers, i wonder if she is going to be a thumb sucker like her mummy use to be

Appointment this morning, Molly Jane is now 4.865kg, HC 37 and height 56.5cm and is doing all the right things.
    She has a small red birth mark that has devloped on her thigh and i was told it may get raised and quite large over the next 2 years (its called a heamangioma for those who are interested) and then slowly disappear.
    Also i have to take her to the GP next week as although her hips moved fine, her bum cheek folds are not in alignment and she has a fork in the crease above her bum crack (sorry there is not really any other way to discribe it!) which could indicate a problem.
    Other than that the nurse was impressed with me and how well i am doing. Also she is expecting and she loved the BBH and we had a massive chat about them!

No personals sorry, might get back on later

Hi ladies.

Thought i might join you here.

I had my beautiful little girl on the 25th march!!!

Hope to get to know you all and watch our babies grow

Welcome Beatrix and congratulations on the birth of your baby girl

No Prama ask away hun im feeling better, must be some hormones still lurking... Lakshman is so cute love the new pics no wonder you can't stop kissing him.

Shell i just give it at room temp also (the water that is!) i give it to her in the evening after her dose of Donnalix and she has been so much more settled, apparently donnalix is an anti spasmodic so must help with the cramping side to wind but with the water am finding it works better. Sumz has been really awake during the day and wanting to feed really frequently i think it could be the wind taking up room in her tummy and when it moves through she is hungry again an hour or so later, she had a good couple of sleeps today which is the first time this week.

SJ must have been sad to say goodbye, it gives you something nice to look forward to next year travelling OS. Summer and Molly Jane are almost exactly the same weight/measurements Summer's head was 36cm when she was born ouch!! Paige had really uneven creases too, they were really freaking me out saying that she might need surgery but she is fine, every crease from her butt to her knees were all out and they thought one leg may be longer than the other.

Hi and welcome Beatrix, make sure you speak up in here we all love a chat sometimes.

I am going to go back to the gym full steam ahead next week gotta start eating better too. I feel so lethargic and so bloated and just yuck, BF does not help me lose weight unfortunately if anything i can put on weight as i had not much of an appetite during pg and now i am constantly hungry, probably from being tired and being at home more always makes you walk to the cupboard/fridge.

thanks for the welcome girls!!!

so here is a post patrum (sp) question. are any of you still bleeding?/ sorry TMI but i am stilll having large red gushes everynow and then and i think by now with my other children i had stoppeed or it was at least brown.

hi girls,

thanks to the responses to the question about monitors and wind problems, India44 what did you mean about setting it off a few times, are they false alarms or have you forgotten to turn it off before you take the baby out ?
    james has been a little bit more settled the last 2 days, has times when he seems to be in pain with it but not as much, he still likes to feed every 3 hours at night, havent got any of those long stretches some of you girls are getting !

welcome Beatrix ! i still have a little bleeding, enough to wear a panty liner each day, its so annoying now ! and it is still bright red and times but no gushes.

allgirls: im also on the central coast, so thats 3 of us on just this list !
    Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by ~Beatrix~ View Post
    thanks for the welcome girls!!!

so here is a post patrum (sp) question. are any of you still bleeding?/ sorry TMI but i am stilll having large red gushes everynow and then and i think by now with my other children i had stoppeed or it was at least brown.
    Hi Beatrix. Congrats on your baby girl! My bub is nearly 4 weeks and I am still spotting (can go up to 6 weeks is that right?). I would be a little concerned about gushes. I'm pretty sure it should be slimy/mucusy and not bright. I'd get checked just to make sure nothing was wrong, but that's just me.

Hi gals,

Thanks for the posts re: sticky eye. I thought Cam's sticky right eye had improved (he hasn't had it in the past couple of days), but this morning it's back and his right eye is quite gunky. But, as he's still feeding well and isn't running a temp, I'm going to continue cleansing it with saltwater and putting a little EBM in his eye afterwards. I don't want to rush off to the GP and be prescribed antibiotics if it will eventually clear up on its own.

Cam is now BFing most of his feeds, although I express at least one or two bottles a day so (a) daddy can give him a feed and (b) so he continues to be happy to feed from a bottle. For the most part we've got BFing sorted out, although he sometimes still takes a while to latch on and gets cranky. It always amuses me how, when he's getting ready to latch on, he opens his mouth wide and moves his head from side to side really quickly (obviously trying to find the nipple). Can anyone relate?

Poos - I'm still changing approx 3 pooey nappies per day.

Wind - Not sure if Cam suffers bad wind, but occasionally he's an unhappy chappy and I blame wind. He farts like a trooper though, so at least he's getting rid of most of it.

Sleep - Ususally he sleeps for 2-3 hours during the day, and he can sleep for up to 4 or slightly more hours during the night. Mind you, last night was a bit of a mess ... he fed at 2am, and from about 3.30am onwards has refused to settle. Thought he'd sleep after a feed at 5am, but he's still been a bit unsettled. I'm blaming wind, for lack of there being any other obvious cause.

Slings/carriers - I've got a babybjorn but not particularly confident with wearing it yet (as bub's only now just big enough to sit in it). My sister raves about her sling, as do some of you gals. Sounds like it might be a good alternative to the carrier.

Bleeding - I'm down to a very light discharge. I only had heavy bleeding for about 3 days and I wish I'd known that post partum bleeding (for me, anyway) would be quite light as while pregnant I purchased quite a few packs of maternity pads (including the yucky matress-size variety) ... and they're now sitting in my cupboard unusued.

Monitors - DH and I have an Angel Care monitor. It works well, although we can't have the parent monitor in our bedroom as it's too close to Cam's bedroom (and the monitors need to be several metres away from each other, otherwise there's bad static on the parent monitor. However, as Cam is in the bedroom next to ours we can hear him very clearly. Our parent monitor is in our kitchen/lounge area.

A comment about baby change rooms at airports etc. What is the go with stinky baby change rooms where mums are expecting to sit and BF amid the stink??? Was at Bris airport picking up my parents the other day and Cam needed a change. Thank God I didn't need to BF him as the smell in the change room was atrocious ... I doubt the nappy bins had been emptied in some time. It was just yuck and it was the quickest change I could manage (which says something given Cam did a 'poo shooter' while I was changing him and I had to change his nappy twice. Thankfully the change rooms at my local shopping complex are better!! I kinda get that it is hard to keep the air 'clean' in these rooms, but I don't think there's any excuse for the nap bins not to be regularly emptied. Hmmm, enough of my rant!

Hope those of you who have been teary and/or emotional are feeling better and ditto to anyone who is going through difficulties with their bubs re: BFing/sleeping etc.

OK, Cam is still a bit unsettled and is now fussing. He's probably after another feed so I'd better go see what's up.

Cheers everyone - have a good weekend.
    Andie

DJ is nice and settled this morning and I have been able to do a few things around the house and sit down and relax Yipeeeee hopefully he will get a few good sleeps today.

Andie - re: breastfeedintg - DJ does the same thing, he moves his head from side to side and has conversations with my breasts it is funny but also frustrating because it can take him a good 2-5 mins to latch on and properly suck. Even when he is sucking he is still making loud noises. Hence why i won't breastfeed in public haha too embarrassing haha

Trina - the infacol drops seem to be working for DJ, I did see the Donnalix drops in chemist and almost bought them. It seems to settle, just have to continue with Infacol drops. Hopefully soon he won't need as much. Oh and on weight, I feel the same way, I can't wait to exercise again (2 more weeks to go !!!) feel bloated and all I ever do is eat!!! so hungry!!!

SJ - fingers crossed for you so you can go over to see your friend next year

How long are you all b/f on each breast?? yesterday I breastfed 20 mins on each side and then he was still hungry so did another 10 on each, then still unsettled and needed another 5 mins arghhhh Mind you this morning he only needed 10 mins on each side.

Beatrice - welcome and congrats

Cheers
    Shell xxx

hi all

well what a crappy night we had last night.

Millana decided she wanted to feed every 2hrs!!! omg i am so tired. but it was only the second really unsettled night we have had since coming home.

I have the midwife coming out this morning to weigh her as they were a bit worried as she wasnt back up to birth weight at 2 weeks.

We are breast feeding well here, great attachemnt but she takes for ever to feed. like 45min-1hr.
    slowly getting quicker.

Andie- Millana is the same gets to excited trying to latch on and ends up taking forever.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

When I was pregnant, my hair was great and I had hardly any fall out, now it's falling out all over the place. Anyone else experiencing that?

Danni: it hasnt happened to me this time yet but with my DD my hair started falling out in large amounts from about 6 weeks post partum, it was everywhere and lasted for ages too ! heaps and heaps would come out in the shower and the vacuum cleaner would get clogged with it all over the carpet too !

Melinda

Dani- with my other two i lost so so much hair, i felt like i was malting.

this time hasnt started yet but i am just waiting for it.

It very common.

Well little miss has gained 100g in 4 days so am very happy!! go the booby milk.
    I wasnt able to bf my other two children and this time everything is going so so well

welcome Beatrix!!

I was watching this program on ch7 yest afternoon about pg actresses/models. apparently they have c-sects plus liposuction at the same time! too posh to push!

went to mums and bubs yoga, it's the furthest i've driven by myself. it's really challenging, feeding bub, packing 500things, looking for the closest parking spot. yoga was ok... lakshman was the youngest bub there. he was well behaved except at the start, he was crying, then found out it was a wet nappy. i got a bit panicky why he was crying esp since it interuppted the class. but later other babies were getting restless, then i realised it was ok!

shell - hills yoga was ok, i might go try the concord yoga on thurs. but i think i will go for Ness' class on monday. i so need to loose weight!

oh i keep forgetting to say - those using MCNs, i use a polar microfleece liner with the inserts. I bought 1m and then cut it up. it helps keep bub dry.

Beatrix, i was getting fairly big gushes about the same time as you, i thought it was all finished and was only wearing a thin panty liner when i was out one day and it gushed out so had to literally run to the bathroom oops!! I bled for the full 6 weeks with the others and fully finished around 2.5 weeks. They say if it is really bright blood not dark or large clots or a smell then call the hossy.

Mellbell, wow i was the only one up here until recently YAY!!! Where abouts are you?

Andie, Summer keeps getting her yucky eye back now and again, the wipes clear it up straight away though.

Prama, i was watching that show too, it was nice to hear that I am doing the right thing by my Princess by focusing on her and not going nuts losing weight, but the time has come to start to budge it i have been eating pretty badly way too much chocky and bread. Have walked to the school twice today and going to start at the gym tomorrow the first week or two might be a bit tiring my butt will thank me though hehehe

Danni i have had hair loss with each girl either when pg or after, both is very normal.

Back soon getting called for

Hi all.
    Does anyone else have trouble keeping their bub awake during the day? Flynn sleeps a lot during the day. He might have one or 2 really awake periods during the day. but often he will want to go right back to sleep after his feed. Then when he wakes up for a feed at 3am ish he will NOT go back to sleep for about 2-2 1/2 hrs. IS THIS NORMAL and I just have to suck it up? It is driving me nuts. He's not hungry I just fed him, he's been burped, had a little sick, had a cuddle, being cuddled, done a nappy, more cuddles, but still fusses and cries. I can't handle it so I start crying and make DH deal with it but I feel bad cos DH is not getting enough sleep cos he is not getting home from work until 2.30am and then I hand him a crying baby.... Does anyone have ANY suggestions?? I am really struggling.

Catherine- are you bf or bottle??? either way possibly offering another feed may be a option.
    I know my DD likes to cluster feed sometimes.
    With regards to the waking periods. My DD has about to longish waking periods a day but they are during the day so i cant help you there. Maybe try and wake him during the day.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Try stimulating him during the day to keep him awake more, then he might sleep better at night. The only thing is that until he gets used to it, he might get over tired and then it will be harder to get him to settle.

I'm starting to find with Jazz that she's wanting to spend a bit more time interracting during the day now, I think it's good that she's wanting to spend more time getting to know me. She likes to spend more time in my arms just looking at me. I'm glad I have the sling now coz then I can "hold" her when she wants me to.

I've made an appointment to get my implanon put in on Monday. Until a couple of weeks before I gave birth, I'd completely forgotten about the whole contraception thing.

Regarding poo: Jazz is starting to have less pooie nappies now, and when she does poo, they usually aren't as big any more. However, she does do a lot more farts now than when she was pooing all the time.

Yesterday I gave her a bath, I don't want to bath her every day because I've been told that can dry out the skin, so I bath her every second day. However, I had to bath her twice yesterday. Once during the day, then when we got home from the shopping centre last night she spewed up an entire bottle worth of milk all over herself, so I had to give her another bath.
    But it worked out well, I fed her again straight after the bath, then she went to sleep (at 10pm) and didn't wake up again until 2:30am.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast