Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008

I am using the Lanisoh too - works well except Molly's face sometimes gets a bit oily if there is still some there and i forget to wipe it off!
    She also has upped her feeds - didnt think it would happen this quickly, but i guess she is a bit of a greedy girl and likes her milk!

My milk hasn't come in yet, still on colostrum

Jake has been sleeping HEAPS, slept all night last night and then slept all day today till 2:30pm and then had a feed and was back asleep even after a bath and everything! Tried to feed him at 7ish and he wasn't hungry, just went back to sleep! Still sleeping now! am going to take him in and have a shower shortly then try and get some sleep, am still on high and not very tired at all yet.

Think he has a touch of wind as he's fussing a little but settles himself quite well in the end.

Lisa Summer was like that too, she only fed twice in 24 hrs she had a lot of mucous in her belly. Make the most of it when they sleep.

Summer got weighed today and has put on 150g in a week and grown 3.5cm, it makes you feel more confident with BF as you know they are getting enough. The little monkey is a little unsettled today, she has some wind the poor thing.

Best i go to bed hopefully will get a decent sleep.

Hi girls,
    Is it ok if I post here a bit? I miss you all. xoxoxox

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I think my milk production is starting to reduce. I'm not getting completely full as quickly now. Jazz had a few breastfeeds today but I still have to use the shield.

She went for 10mins each side in the morning, then the next feed I did she only went for 15mins one side, then I missed the next feed coz the staff ordered me to go home and rest as they could see I was completely wrecked and they didn't want me to be too tired (it's so nice that they care heaps). I fed her again at 7 and she went for 10mins on each side.

Apart from getting really hot while I feed her from her body heat, it's so nice that she is starting to get the hand of feeding, even if it is with the shield, I don't care.

She's being weighed early in the morning (about midnight) so hopefully I'll have good news when I go in. They want her to get to a minimum of back to her birth weight and maintain that or gain more for a couple of days before they'll discharge her.

She passed her hearing test today as well.

Hi Girls,

Been up with Caitlin since 1.20 am and she has finally fallen asleep in my lap! Going to wait 20 mins before I try to transfer her to her cot!

Danni - Not wetting myself here but I do feel a lot more pressure down there when I need to go. Have been slack with my pelvic floor so am going to make an effort to do them.

Prama - If I can post in here them you can! You had little Lak after I had Caitlin!

I went to hockey training for the first time last Tuesday and it was not too bad I had been warned about trying to run and how the bladder would handle it but no leaking so that was a relief!

It is going to be stinking hot in Melb today so am not planning on leaving the house, I think it will be a good day to finish my thankyou cards! I have put a copy in my gallery if anyone is interested in seeing it!

Welcome to little DJ, finally arrived this morning.

Prama it wouldn't be the same without you, and you either Jo.

Summer is so windy at the moment, it's terrible seeing them uncomfortable and there is nothing you can do. She just cant sit still.

Prama how is Lakshman? is he getting better?

Danni, Summer doesn't feed for long at all anymore 10-15 minutes only i don't feel very full either unlike the other times i BF i would leak all the time, the nurse said it can be different each time. She has put on enough weight this week so i guess i shouldn't worry.

Off for booby call....

Prama i think it would be great if you kept posting in here - we have all gone through so much together, it would be a shame to split up.

Danni - i was told to strip Molly Jane down to nappy and singlet when feeding for 2 reasons, keeps her awake longer and so feeds more and also stops the ver heating - dont know if that would work with you and Jazz.

Mollys feeding pattern has changed over the last couple of days, she is sucking harder and seems to get the first feed down quickly (15 mins - use to take nearly 25) i then change her and then on to the next side, she seems to only suck for 5-10 mins. She doesnt sleep as long, so maybe her belly isnt as full. Not sure

Does the explosive poo last the whole time that they are BF? or does it get thicker as the stomach matures?

Thanks so much girls!

Lakshman still isnt good. We've got an appt again w his GP at 6. we're off to the Sleep and Settling class now. I've been up since 2.45am feeding him and then watching his as he was wheezing and coughing in his sleep. I was so scared he'd stop breathing.

gotta run.. xoxoxox
    have a good day, hope you h ad a good nite

SJ i was told BF poo is always runny and yellow. Not sure when they grow up.

WELCOME DJ

congrats Shell.

Figured i would post in here as there will be no one left in the baby's due thread.
    Wow what a journey we have all had! i cant believe that we have shared this from so early on.

Thanks guys for all your support over the last however months we have all been together!!!

SJ - Yeah the explosive runny poo continues while BF. Apparently formula fed babies are different though. We have put a plastic sheet under Caitlin's change table so that the poo shoot does not go on the new carpet! Also she can do projectile wee sometimes also!

Had a bad night with her. Didn't end up getting to bed until 5.30am gave her 2 top ups and then ended up giving her a full feed and again putting her in our bed as this was the only way she would settle. I could get her to fall asleep on my lap but about 10 min's after I would transfer he into her cot she would wake up and squawk! Oh the joys! I think I will be sleeping today when she does to try and recharge the batteries!

Jacinta gained 90 grams in the past 48 hours and is now over her birth weight. They weigh her again I think early Sat morning. If she's gained or at least maintaining her weight I think they will discharge her. Also, she's breastfeeding well when I'm there, although I still need the nipple shield because my nipples are very small and not really coming out.

The measured her finally and she's 51.5cm (all legs)

Hi girls
    Quick post. I went to Westmead to return my breast pump and thought I'd send some flowers to Shell. I couldnt remember her surname so the front desk asked me to go up to the ward. The nurse said I could go and say hello to her. Which I did. She was tired, and had ceaser cos DJ was still lengthwise and didnt engage.
    DJ is gorgeous!!
    I only stayed a couple of minutes. She is well, and couldnt stop looking at him! xoxoxox

Great news Danni that Jazz will hopefully be going home soon! I bet you cant wait...

Glad that Shell is doing OK - hope the pain settles for her - mine was better by about day 3 (still on meds then, but much more manageable)
    Great that you got to see her Prama

Looking forward to the pics of DJ...
    I am still haveing trouble up loading from the Mac - just keeps timing out. very frustrating as i want to show her off!

Danni you've been so patient. I don't think I could have handled having to leave Patrick in the hospital.

Had my first visit with the CHN today and Patrick is above his birth weight so she is very happy. Only had one really bad night so far he's such a placid soul. My other two woke every two hours for months. My nipples are sore so I might go to bf group and see if I can change the way he latches on but I think they were damaged early on and are just taking time to heal.

Big kids home from school off to feed them.

Hi girls,
    Could I ask how could you tell bub's got wind in his tummy?
    Thanks

Jacinta update

As reported: She's gained weight and is over her birth weight.

This afternoon the feeding tube came out, she now has no more tubes!

She's content with breast feeds when I've been in the hospital.

The nurses see no reason to keep her in anymore but it's up to the doctors. We'll see what the doctors say tomorrow on their rounds.

It's looking very likely that tomorrow night we'll be "rooming-in" and then if that goes well then we should bring her home on Saturday by the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post
    Hi girls,
    Could I ask how could you tell bub's got wind in his tummy?
    Thanks
    I think generally if they are unsettled and not hungry, no nappy change needed and everything else is ok then it's a good sign that it's wind. Also, probably a bit squirmy and making pained faces. I find that if patting/rubbing the back doesn't work then laying them on the back and pumping the legs helps (helps grown ups also).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast